PDA

View Full Version : Women Camp Too!!!

SassyLady
06-15-2012, 02:45 AM
Found this cool FB page with some really awesome pictures.

Some of my favorites

Nell's Room
06-15-2012, 04:15 AM
Love the tent and the bed up high.:clap:

gabosaurus
06-17-2012, 11:04 PM
Speak for yourself. My "camp site" will always contain four walls, a roof and a very comfortable bed.

SassyLady
06-18-2012, 01:20 AM
Speak for yourself. My "camp site" will always contain four walls, a roof and a very comfortable bed.

Some tents have four walls and a roof, and the comfort of the bed is up to your choice!

DragonStryk72
06-18-2012, 01:24 AM
Some tents have four walls and a roof, and the comfort of the bed is up to your choice!

lol, I could make you plenty comfortable ;)

SassyLady
06-18-2012, 03:38 AM
lol, I could make you plenty comfortable ;)

We could start with this!

red states rule
06-18-2012, 03:40 AM
Sassy. I could make you VERY comfortable. You may not get much sleep but you you would feel refreshed :laugh:

SassyLady
06-18-2012, 03:44 AM
I'm at my Arizona house and getting a nice tan out by the pool. While I was floating around I envisioned a bed like this and thought I was Cleopatra for awhile. I need someone to feed me truffles and Raspberry Jalapeno Margaritas!

red states rule
06-18-2012, 03:46 AM
I'm at my Arizona house and getting a nice tan out by the pool. While I was floating around I envisioned a bed like this and thought I was Cleopatra for awhile. I need someone to feed me truffles and Raspberry Jalapeno Margaritas!

I would be a great Marc Anothoy Cleo

logroller
06-18-2012, 03:47 AM

This creates a dilemma-- I've always been told not to rock the boat.

red states rule
06-18-2012, 03:48 AM
This creates a dilemma-- I've always been told not to rock the boat.

She call roll with the rocks LR

logroller
06-18-2012, 03:53 AM
She call roll with the rocks LR

???

Kathianne
06-18-2012, 06:18 AM

Here's the big question though? Soaker tub and room service? :laugh2:

SassyLady
06-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Here's the big question though? Soaker tub and room service? :laugh2:

Hot springs = soaker tub
Camping partner = room service

Shadow
06-18-2012, 12:45 PM

I need one of these.

And a lake...and a good smut book :)

Abbey Marie
06-18-2012, 12:47 PM

I think we need the return of the much-revered cabana boy! :thumb:

SassyLady
06-18-2012, 12:49 PM
I think we need the return of the much-revered cabana boy! :thumb:

Logroller and RSR have already volunteered....but will consider others. I'm thinking Hugh Jackman, Ryan Reynolds or Sean Connery would fit in nicely!

Abbey Marie
06-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Logroller and RSR have already volunteered....but will consider others. I'm thinking Hugh Jackman, Ryan Reynolds or Sean Connery would fit in nicely!

Since he's already wet anyway:

http://dianesherlock.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/daniel-craig.jpg

Thunderknuckles
06-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Geez, up against those guys I guess I'll have to settle for being the troll that tends to your bed pan.

DragonStryk72
06-18-2012, 02:25 PM

I can actually do a pretty solid scottish accent.

DragonStryk72
06-18-2012, 02:30 PM

It it's a boat, I can ride it.

SassyLady
06-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Geez, up against those guys I guess I'll have to settle for being the troll that tends to your bed pan.

You can wave the palm fronds and keep us hot ladies cooled down!

SassyLady
06-18-2012, 10:18 PM
I can actually do a pretty solid scottish accent.

OK, I'll keep my eyes closed and just listen to your sweet Scottish voice.

KitchenKitten99
06-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Growing up in a family that does lots of camping, because I/we live in the land of 10,000 Lakes taxes, it was great as a kid.

However after even doing a little bit of camping here and there with my ex and kids, etc., camping has really lost its' luster on me.

As such, I have one viewpoint about it now: Why would I want to spend a vacation, or even a weekend, pretending I am homeless?

Camping is just too much work to be relaxing. Humidity, waking up because mosquitoes are buzzing in your ear or biting, smelling like campfire and bug-spray all weekend. Not wanting to cuddle with my love because we're both just too sticky from the overbearing humidity. Having to either walk half a mile in the dark to use the restroom or satellite. And the sheer work of set up and take down that I just don't want to deal with anymore.

So, no more camping for me unless it is in a fully-loaded RV--with A.C.

At this point in my life, roughing it is a hotel without room service.

Spoiled or wimpy? Both? Yep, probably. But I have done plenty of camping (from bare-bones roughing it in tents and cooking only over a fire to a 5th-wheel pop-out) in my life to realize it really isn't as fun as when I was a kid and I just have no desire to do that. The northern woods of MN have zero draw for me. Just a bunch of pine trees. I see enough of those here at home. I have been to Duluth and the North Shore once. That was plenty to say that I had been there.

Gimme white sand beaches, turquoise waters, and palm trees with a nice cold beer in my hand.

Thunderknuckles
06-19-2012, 04:44 PM
So, no more camping for me unless it is in a fully-loaded RV--with A.C.

After your 20s, roughing it isn't so fun anymore. Welcome to the club of sissy campers and trailer trash. I welcome you with open arms :p

KitchenKitten99
06-19-2012, 04:57 PM
After your 20s, roughing it isn't so fun anymore. Welcome to the club of sissy campers and trailer trash. I welcome you with open arms :p

I know a couple people who are in their 50's that still like to sleep on the ground.

I say, more power to them. I prefer a comfy mattress and climate control with no need to use a flashlight to find the bathroom.

I take care of enough people and my family at home. I prefer vacations where others cater to all of us at the same time rather than me STILL taking care of my family, only making it harder because amenities and creature comforts are absent. NOT a vacation, IMO.

jimnyc
06-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Yek! I've camped my entire life, tents and campers/trailers. And if I had to do it all over again, I would get a nice hotel room (and a hooker instead of that half naked guy above).

CSM
06-20-2012, 07:39 AM
Bah! Did too much "camping" in my youth. Mostly with a bunch of other guys, all of us trying our best to just stay alive. No thanks.

Now if you had said taking a cruise or staying at a resort where I am waited on hand and foot, can eat as much of whatever I want when I want, and no schedule or agenda, I'm there!

KitchenKitten99
06-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Bah! Did too much "camping" in my youth. Mostly with a bunch of other guys, all of us trying our best to just stay alive. No thanks.

Now if you had said taking a cruise or staying at a resort where I am waited on hand and foot, can eat as much of whatever I want when I want, and no schedule or agenda, I'm there!

I totally LOVE cruising. Been on 3 now so far. My ADD doesn't like being in one place for more than a couple days. Then I get bored. So even all-inclusive resorts get boring after a while. I prefer the island/port hopping and the non-stop service that cruise ships offer. Basically taking your hotel and moving it with you.

Pic from our last cruise, w/ship's captain. This guy was teeny! Shorter than me, and I am 5'6". Steve is 6'3" so everyone looks short compared to him.

Abbey Marie
06-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Ok, seasoned campers. Our daughter is going tent-in-the-woods camping in a couple of weeks with some friends. She has never been, and is pretty high maintenance about hygiene and clothing, and very squeamish about bugs. Also, she is going with a couple, plus a guy who likes her, but she doesn't feel the same about him. I can see possible trouble there.

I've already told her that going to the bathroom = squatting in the woods. :eek::mooning:
I've also told her that she shouldn't keep any food near the tent. And that (horrors!) her cell phone may not have coverage. She is still determined to go.

Any tips I can share with her?

Shadow
06-20-2012, 12:43 PM
Ok, seasoned campers. Our daughter is going tent-in-the-woods camping in a couple of weeks with some friends. She has never been, and is pretty high maintenance about hygiene and clothing, and very squeamish about bugs. Also, she is going with a couple, plus a guy who likes her, but she doesn't feel the same about him. I can see possible trouble there.

I've already told her that going to the bathroom = squatting in the woods. I've also told her that she shouldn't keep any food near the tent. And that (horrors!) her cell phone may not have coverage. She is still determined to go.

Pack bug repellant and sunscreen. Also...if planning on being on a lake. Do NOT wear lip gloss or any other lip aid that attracts the sunlight (you will regret it). Bring bandana's,light jackets(just incase) and hats...and good walking shoes. :)

Shadow
06-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Oh...and wet naps or baby wipes come in handy too. ;)

Thunderknuckles
06-20-2012, 01:08 PM

I've already told her that going to the bathroom = squatting in the woods. :eek::mooning:
I've also told her that she shouldn't keep any food near the tent. And that (horrors!) her cell phone may not have coverage. She is still determined to go.

Shadow has some good advice.
Not sure what type of woods environment she will be camping in but definitely do not leave food laying around. Bring good heavy clothing for hiking if you have any nasty vegetation like poison ivy and oak around. If she's really going deep into the woods, never go out alone if you can help it. Stay in a group or with at least another person, preferably female if she has to squat. Make sure she has plenty of drinking water. Dehydration can creep up on you. Never leave a fire alone, no matter how controlled it may be. Bring a first aid kit with you.
Other than that, it's always a good idea to have a lighter, compass, pocket knife, and maybe some duct tape :p

By the sound of her, she'll probably be home after the first day lol.

Abbey Marie
06-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Shadow has some good advice.
Not sure what type of woods environment she will be camping in but definitely do not leave food laying around. Bring good heavy clothing for hiking if you have any nasty vegetation like poison ivy and oak around. If she's really going deep into the woods, never go out alone if you can help it. Stay in a group or with at least another person, preferably female if she has to squat. Make sure she has plenty of drinking water. Dehydration can creep up on you. Never leave a fire alone, no matter how controlled it may be. Bring a first aid kit with you.
Other than that, it's always a good idea to have a lighter, compass, pocket knife, and maybe some duct tape :p

By the sound of her, she'll probably be home after the first day lol.

My thoughts, exactly! Though she may not have the option, since she isn't driving.
I told her this morning that it is going to be like Kim Kardashian camping. :laugh:

Little-Acorn
06-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Last year my wife did a fifty-mile hike with 35# pack over a 12,000 foot pass in Kings Canyon, CA with our Son's Boy Scout troop.

Abbey Marie
06-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Last year my wife did a fifty-mile hike with 35# pack over a 12,000 foot pass in Kings Canyon, CA with our Son's Boy Scout troop.

So, you're saying my daughter should bring your wife along? ;)

Little-Acorn
06-20-2012, 02:15 PM
This year, Yosemite. Target: Half Dome.

gabosaurus
06-20-2012, 04:24 PM
My daughter would agree to go camping. As long as you find a place that is not too warm, not too cold and doesn't have any bugs.
Oh, and she would need a place to plug in her boom box. :cool:

SassyLady
06-20-2012, 10:43 PM
Abbey....tell her that if everything goes OK, then she'll soon forget the experience. That it's when there are all kinds of little problems that will make the trip memorable.

My ex picked me up from work one Friday night and had the dogs and all the camping gear packed and we drove straight to campgrounds. When I got out and changed my clothes we found out that he forgot to bring any type of shoes for me ... so all I had were my high heels from work. He had to carry me to water and back ... kinda romantic when you think about it.

Oh, he also forgot to pack jammies..........I think on purpose! :laugh:

Little-Acorn
06-21-2012, 07:02 PM

Well, the trip will either cure her of bug-squeamishness, or cure her of camping.

Tell her to bring some good bug spray (Cutter or Off works for me), and a good, sharp axe. Pocketknife is useful, too.

Is she going car camping, where they can pull the car right up to the campsite? Or backpacking, where you drive to the parking lot, and then hike a mile or five into the woods?

And, what will be the water source? Stream? Lake? River? or "what's a water source?" ?

(I sent the previous messages from my iPhone in a bus going from Niagara Falls to Boston, texting is tough when in a bumpy vehicle)

Abbey, if my wife came with her, she could certainly help. But as I said, wife unit is pretty much committed for the summer - Yosemite this year!

cadet
06-21-2012, 07:05 PM

Just tell her to bring a cell phone for when she needs to call back to mommy!
And to lock her tent! Watch out for them horny boys!

And suuure she doesn't feel the same, would you let her go if she did? think about it.

Shadow
06-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Oh...and wet naps or baby wipes come in handy too. ;)

And a flashlight...incase she needs to go potty at night :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-21-2012, 08:02 PM
Pack bug repellant and sunscreen. Also...if planning on being on a lake. Do NOT wear lip gloss or any other lip aid that attracts the sunlight (you will regret it). Bring bandana's,light jackets(just incase) and hats...and good walking shoes. :)

Plan on walking on water do we?? j/k :poke:--Tyr

Shadow
06-21-2012, 08:16 PM
Plan on walking on water do we?? j/k :poke:--Tyr

Why walk when you can borrow Sassy's cleo raft :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Why walk when you can borrow Sassy's cleo raft :)

Sassy has a raft! She strikes me as a yacht kind of gal..;)--Tyr

Abbey Marie
06-21-2012, 10:12 PM
Just tell her to bring a cell phone for when she needs to call back to mommy!
And to lock her tent! Watch out for them horny boys!

And suuure she doesn't feel the same, would you let her go if she did? think about it.

Yes, I am sure that she doesn't feel the same.

SassyLady
06-22-2012, 06:29 PM
Sassy has a raft! She strikes me as a yacht kind of gal..;)--Tyr

The raft takes me down those secluded side streams for a little skinny dipping!