PDA

View Full Version : Youare the Ultimate Arbiter of Which Direction This Country Goes

red states rule
06-15-2012, 05:01 PM
Just what working class folks need. People who are paid to pretned to be other types of people

Anyone see the irony here?

http://newsbusters.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/frontpage-200/thumbnail_photos/2012/June/sjobama.jpg

President Barack Obama soaked in the support — and the campaign cash — of Manhattan's elite entertainers Thursday as his re-election team sought to fill its fundraising coffers.
The president and first lady Michelle Obama made a rare joint fundraising appearance when they visited the home of actors Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick. The intimate dinner banked about $2 million, with 50 people paying $40,000 each.

The dinner was the Obama campaign's latest attempt to bank on celebrities for fundraising help in countering the growing donor enthusiasm from Republicans supporting Mitt Romney's presidential bid.

Speaking in a dimly lighted, art-filled room, Obama told supporters they would play a critical role in an election that would determine a vision for the nation's future.
"You're the tie-breaker," he said. "You're the ultimate arbiter of which direction this country goes."

Among the celebrities on hand to hear Obama's remarks were Oscar winner Meryl Streep, fashion designer Michael Kors and Vogue editor Anna Wintour, who moderated a private question-and-answer session between the president and the guests. Broderick, who was starring in a Broadway musical, was absent.

The president and Mrs. Obama also headlined a second glitzy fundraiser in Manhattan Thursday night that included a performance from singer Mariah Carey and remarks by singer Alicia Keys. The 250-person dinner yielded the Obama campaign at least $2.5 million

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-celebrities-youre-ultimate-arbiter-which-direction-country-goes

logroller
06-15-2012, 06:41 PM
$40,000 a plate...must of served some AKC champions.:laugh2:

jimnyc
06-15-2012, 06:49 PM
I'm a huge movie guy, from horror to drama to thrillers to documentaries. So the money we all spend to see these movies and such, these knuckleheads turn around and fork it over to Washington. Stupid fucks in Hollywood. That's why I refuse to go to the theater and instead downloa.... Nevermind, a story for another day!

logroller
06-15-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm a huge movie guy, from horror to drama to thrillers to documentaries. So the money we all spend to see these movies and such, these knuckleheads turn around and fork it over to Washington. Stupid fucks in Hollywood. That's why I refuse to go to the theater and instead downloa.... Nevermind, a story for another day!

I hear that. Even without the political crap they get involved in; they're just out of touch. Support independent films. I posted about a great thriller/horror in the movie section.

red states rule
06-16-2012, 06:46 AM
I wonder if Obozo is telling the Hollywood libs "there is a time when you have made enough money"