PDA

View Full Version : Obama Seeks to Use UN Treaty to Go Around Congress Yet Again!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Obama Seeks US Congressional Ratification of UN Global Gun Control Treaty

http://www.prisonplanet.com/obama-seeks ... reaty.html

Susanne Posel
Prisonplanet.com
June 14, 2012

Hillary Clinton, US Secretary of State has announced that the Obama administration is working with the United Nations (UN) to approve, through the US Congress, the Small Arms Treaty (SAT).

Clinton affirmed that the US would facilitate talks with the UN in the Conference on the Arms Trade Treaty, as long as it “operates under the rules of consensus decision-making. Consensus is needed to ensure the widest possible support for the Treaty and to avoid loopholes in the Treaty that can be exploited by those wishing to export arms irresponsibly.”

This global gun control scheme, concocted by the UN, is called the International Arms Control Treaty (IACT). Disguised as a way to combat terrorism, insurgents and international criminals, this document endeavors to secure that the world’s citizens cannot defend themselves.

The IACT will empower the UN to literally force the US government to:

Enact internationally agreed licensing requirements for Americans.
Confiscate and destroy unauthorized firearms of Americans while allowing the US government to keep theirs.
Ban trade, sale and private ownership of semi-automatic guns.
Create and mandate an international registry to organize an encompassing gun confiscation in America.

Yet again an end run around that which he can not get enacted by way of Congress!
Americans had better wake up to exactly what obama is doing. For this cedes not only our gun rights but another chunk of our Sovereignty as well. -Tyr

Missileman
06-16-2012, 12:57 PM
loopholes in the Treaty that can be exploited by those wishing to export arms irresponsibly.

Operation Fast and Furious comes to mind.

Fortunately, for the moment at least, the GoP majority in the House will keep this from going anywhere.

Gaffer
06-16-2012, 12:58 PM
He's only got about 6 months to get all this into place. Hopefully congress will delay him. But I won't hold my breath.

Dilloduck
06-16-2012, 01:00 PM
bad link

on a side note--

http://www.krdo.com/news/Employee-killed-by-explosion-at-Dragon-Man-s/-/417220/14866400/-/wj1w53/-/index.html

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-16-2012, 01:01 PM
State Rights

Treaties Do Not Supersede
the Constitution

The following qualifies as one of the greatest lies the globalists continue to push upon the American people. That lie is: "Treaties supersede the U.S. Constitution".

The Second follow-up lie is this one: "A treaty, once passed, cannot be set aside".

HERE ARE THE CLEAR IRREFUTABLE FACTS: The U.S. Supreme Court has made it very clear that

1) Treaties do not override the U.S. Constitution.
2) Treaties cannot amend the Constitution. And last,

3) A treaty can be nullified by a statute passed by the U.S. Congress (or by a sovereign State or States if Congress refuses to do so), when the State deems a treaty the performance of a treaty is self-destructive. The law of self-preservation overrules the law of obligation in others. When you've read this thoroughly, hopefully, you will never again sit quietly by when someone -- anyone -- claims that treaties supercede the Constitution. Help to dispell this myth.

"This [Supreme] Court has regularly and uniformly recognized the supremacy of the Constitution over a treaty." - Reid v. Covert, October 1956, 354 U.S. 1, at pg 17.

This case involved the question: Does the NATO Status of Forces Agreement (treaty) supersede the U.S. Constitution? Keep reading.

The Reid Court (U.S. Supreme Court) held in their Opinion that,

"... No agreement with a foreign nation can confer power on the Congress, or any other branch of government, which is free from the restraints of the Constitution. Article VI, the Supremacy clause of the Constitution declares, "This Constitution and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all the Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land...’
"There is nothing in this language which intimates that treaties and laws enacted pursuant to them do not have to comply with the provisions of the Constitution nor is there anything in the debates which accompanied the drafting and ratification which even suggest such a result...

"It would be manifestly contrary to the objectives of those who created the Constitution, as well as those who were responsible for the Bill of Rights – let alone alien to our entire constitutional history and tradition – to construe Article VI as permitting the United States to exercise power UNDER an international agreement, without observing constitutional prohibitions. (See: Elliot’s Debates 1836 ed. – pgs 500-519).

"In effect, such construction would permit amendment of that document in a manner not sanctioned by Article V. The prohibitions of the Constitution were designed to apply to all branches of the National Government and they cannot be nullified by the Executive or by the Executive and Senate combined."

Did you understand what the Supreme Court said here? No Executive Order, Presidential Directive, Executive Agreement, no NAFTA, GATT/WTO agreement/treaty, passed by ANYONE, can supersede the Constitution. FACT. No question!

At this point the Court paused to quote from another of their Opinions; Geofroy v. Riggs, 133 U.S. 258 at pg. 267 where the Court held at that time that,

"The treaty power as expressed in the Constitution, is in terms unlimited except by those restraints which are found in that instrument against the action of the government or of its departments and those arising from the nature of the government itself and of that of the States. It would not be contended that it extends so far as to authorize what the Constitution forbids, or a change in the character of the government, or a change in the character of the States, or a cession of any portion of the territory of the latter without its consent."
Assessing the GATT/WTO parasitic organism in light of this part of the Opinion, we see that it cannot attach itself to its host (our Republic or States) in the fashion the traitors in our government wish, without our acquiescing to it.

The Reid Court continues with its Opinion:

"This Court has also repeatedly taken the position that an Act of Congress, which MUST comply with the Constitution, is on full parity with a treaty, the statute to the extent of conflict, renders the treaty null. It would be completely anomalous to say that a treaty need not comply with the Constitution when such an agreement can be overridden by a statute that must conform to that instrument."
The U.S. Supreme court could not have made it more clear : TREATIES DO NOT OVERRIDE THE CONSTITUTION, AND CANNOT, IN ANY FASHION, AMEND IT !!! CASE CLOSED.

Now we must let our elected "representatives" in Washington and the State legislatures know that we no longer believe the BIG LIE... we know that we are not bound by unconstitutional Treaties, Executive Orders, Presidential Directives, and other such treasonous acts.

[Note: the above information was taken from Aid & Abet Police Newsletter, with limited revision. P.O. Box 8712, Phoenix, Arizona. Acknowledgment given to Claire Kelly, for her good assistance and in depth treaty research. The use of this information is not to be construed as endorsement of Aid & Abet Police Newsletter. Claire Kelly is a trusted and knowledgeable friend. - CDR]

Here's what Thomas Jefferson said on the right to renounce treaties:

"Compacts then, between a nation and a nation, are obligatory on them as by the same moral law which obliges individuals to observe their compacts. There are circumstances, however, which sometimes excuse the non-performance of contracts between man and man; so are there also between nation and nation. When performance, for instance, becomes impossible, non-performance is not immoral; so if performance becomes self-destructive to the party, the law of self-preservation overrules the law of obligation in others".
pg 317 - "The Life and Selected Writings of Thomas Jefferson," A. Koch & Wm. Peden, Random House 1944, renewed 1972. Jefferson also said in a letter to Wilson C. Nicholas on Sept. 7, 1803, Ibid. pg 573

"Our peculiar security is in the possession of a written Constitution. Let us not make it a blank paper by construction [interpretation]. I say the same as to the opinion of those who consider the grant of the treaty making power as boundless. If it is, then we have no Constitution."

Please read the last line in which Jefferson summed up of the absolute Supremacy of our Constitution.
I'll gladly pledge my life and honor on Jefferson's words so eloquently spoken! -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Operation Fast and Furious comes to mind.

Fortunately, for the moment at least, the GoP majority in the House will keep this from going anywhere.

True but a "for the moment" is but a brief rest from the coming tyrrany!
We may have a chance to halt this by way of the coming election.
If not , then we are surely going to be in for the fight of our lives!-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-16-2012, 03:22 PM
bad link

on a side note--

http://www.krdo.com/news/Employee-killed-by-explosion-at-Dragon-Man-s/-/417220/14866400/-/wj1w53/-/index.html

I do not understand the connection. What does that terrible accident have to do with the topic and our gunrights and sovereignty?
Explain please.-Tyr

logroller
06-16-2012, 03:42 PM
I do not understand the connection. What does that terrible accident have to do with the topic and our gunrights and sovereignty?
Explain please.-Tyr

An alleged smoke screen which has more devastating effects.:cool:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-16-2012, 03:56 PM
An alleged smoke screen which has more devastating effects.:cool:

OK, I see. Appears to me to be a fairly wicked little smoke screen if we sign the treaty. For my guess is that a lot of damage can be done before any SCOTUS ruling would be handed down.-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-16-2012, 05:54 PM
State Rights

Treaties Do Not Supersede
the Constitution

Here's what Thomas Jefferson said on the right to renounce treaties:

"Compacts then, between a nation and a nation, are obligatory on them as by the same moral law which obliges individuals to observe their compacts. There are circumstances, however, which sometimes excuse the non-performance of contracts between man and man; so are there also between nation and nation. When performance, for instance, becomes impossible, non-performance is not immoral; so if performance becomes self-destructive to the party, the law of self-preservation overrules the law of obligation in others".
pg 317 - "The Life and Selected Writings of Thomas Jefferson," A. Koch & Wm. Peden, Random House 1944, renewed 1972. Jefferson also said in a letter to Wilson C. Nicholas on Sept. 7, 1803, Ibid. pg 573

"Our peculiar security is in the possession of a written Constitution. Let us not make it a blank paper by construction [interpretation]. I say the same as to the opinion of those who consider the grant of the treaty making power as boundless. If it is, then we have no Constitution."

Please read the last line in which Jefferson summed up of the absolute Supremacy of our Constitution.
I'll gladly pledge my life and honor on Jefferson's words so eloquently spoken! -Tyr

My ancestors did not shed blood , sweat and tears so that this freaking lying traitor could come along and by way of Treaty void the 2nd Amendment and our National Sovereignty ! By attempting this he is trying to give Congress critters and Senators enough cover so they can then claim having voted for only a Treaty and not having passed any restrictive gun laws. In cowboy terms it is just like being to scared to face the Sheriff, so go out of the town and bushwhack him at longe range! Regardless of outcome , the fact that obama attempts such points to a very serious and grave danger this nation faces from its own President!-Tyr

Dilloduck
06-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Explain please.-Tyr

The guy probably does more to fight for second amendment rights that anyone in the state. I shoot at his range and knew his wife. Google Dragon Mans
Other than that--nothing. I shoulda posted it elsewhere.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-16-2012, 06:24 PM
The guy probably does more to fight for second amendment rights that anyone in the state. I shoot at his range and knew his wife. Google Dragon Mans
Other than that--nothing. I shoulda posted it elsewhere.

Thats plenty in my book. Would have been nice if you had posted it with the first post.
Sorry that I missed your point the first time . Also sorry the man's wife died from the accident.-Tyr

Dilloduck
06-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Thats plenty in my book. Would have been nice if you had posted it with the first post.
Sorry that I missed your point the first time . Also sorry the man's wife died from the accident.-Tyr

I'm sorry I couldn't save you from jumping to a conclusion.
It's all good.

ConHog
06-17-2012, 12:47 AM
My ancestors did not shed blood , sweat and tears so that this freaking lying traitor could come along and by way of Treaty void the 2nd Amendment and our National Sovereignty ! By attempting this he is trying to give Congress critters and Senators enough cover so they can then claim having voted for only a Treaty and not having passed any restrictive gun laws. In cowboy terms it is just like being to scared to face the Sheriff, so go out of the town and bushwhack him at longe range! Regardless of outcome , the fact that obama attempts such points to a very serious and grave danger this nation faces from its own President!-Tyr

Youre truly insane. This treaty even if signed wouldnt give anyone the authority to take your guns.

Oohh they want an international standard for registration. Im sure our registration laws already meet the standard.

We also already confiscate and destroy certain weapons.

I found no mention of banning semi autos

Kathianne
06-17-2012, 01:17 AM
Youre truly insane. This treaty even if signed wouldnt give anyone the authority to take your guns.

Oohh they want an international standard for registration. Im sure our registration laws already meet the standard.

We also already confiscate and destroy certain weapons.

I found no mention of banning semi autos

Actually there are many reasons to be concerned about this.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/21/sen-moran-introduces-bill-to-protect-second-amendment-rights-from-u-n-arms-treaty/

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Jerry Moran (R-KS) introduced legislation this week to protect the rights of American gun owners from being undermined by a United Nations Arms Trade Treaty. The Second Amendment Sovereignty Act, S.2205, would prohibit the Obama Administration from using the “voice, vote, and influence” of the United States during Arms Trade Treaty negotiations to restrict in any way the Second Amendment rights of U.S. citizens, including regulation of civilian firearms and ammunition.

“The Second Amendment Sovereignty Act ensures that our country’s sovereignty and firearm freedoms will not be infringed upon by an international organization made up of many countries with little respect for gun rights,” Sen. Moran said. “Our Second Amendment rights are not negotiable.”

In October of 2009 at the U.N. General Assembly, the Obama Administration reversed the previous Administration’s position and voted for the United States to participate in negotiating the Arms Trade Treaty, purportedly to establish “common international standards for the import, export, and transfer of conventional arms,” including tanks, helicopters, and missiles. However, with regular calls to include civilian arms and ammunition within its scope, the Arms Trade Treaty could restrict the lawful ownership of firearms that Americans use to hunt, target shoot, and defend themselves. The Treaty is expected to be finalized in July 2012.

“America leads the world in export standards to ensure arms are transferred for legitimate purposes, and this bill will make certain that law-abiding Americans are not wrongfully penalized,” Sen. Moran continued.
The introduction of the Second Amendment Sovereignty Act is Sen. Moran’s most recent effort in his push to make sure an Arms Trade Treaty that undermines the constitutional rights of American gun owners is dead on arrival in the Senate. In July 2011, Sen. Moran led 44 of his Senate colleagues in notifying President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton of their intent to oppose ratification of an Arms Trade Treaty that in any way restricts Americans’ Second Amendment rights. This opposition is enough to block the treaty from Senate passage, as treaties submitted to the U.S. Senate require approval of two-thirds of Senators present to be ratified.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/21/sen-moran-introduces-bill-to-protect-second-amendment-rights-from-u-n-arms-treaty/#ixzz1y1qB6RG0

fj1200
06-17-2012, 07:34 AM
Obama Seeks US Congressional Ratification of UN Global Gun Control Treaty

Treaties Do Not Supersede the Constitution

Did you just contradict your own OP and the thread title?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Did you just contradict your own OP and the thread title?

No.

fj1200
06-17-2012, 01:55 PM
No.

He's going around Congress by going to Congress to avoid the 2nd by treaty which does not preempt the Constitution in the first place. :confused:

ConHog
06-17-2012, 02:15 PM
He's going around Congress by going to Congress to avoid the 2nd by treaty which does not preempt the Constitution in the first place. :confused:

It does stand to reason that congress will be part of the equation no matter what doesnt it

Gaffer
06-17-2012, 02:16 PM

Yes, that's what he's trying to do. An armed population is a threat to a dictator. So he's trying to stifle the 2nd with a treaty. You would be amazed how many libs believe a treaty can supersede the Constitution. And the media plays along by reinforcing this belief.

fj1200
06-17-2012, 02:18 PM
^And yet it can't.

ConHog
06-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Yes, that's what he's trying to do. An armed population is a threat to a dictator. So he's trying to stifle the 2nd with a treaty. You would be amazed how many libs believe a treaty can supersede the Constitution. And the media plays along by reinforcing this belief.

The point is the potus cant agree to a treaty of any kind only congress can so sayung hes going around congress is yet another lie

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-17-2012, 02:34 PM

He is going around Congress by his issuing Executive orders contrary to bills they voted down, by refusing to enforce laws and other methods. He is behind getting this Treaty ratified so he can then misuse it and even were he not to misuse it ,the terms in the Treaty gives the UN authority over our Sovereignty! I am by no means a lone voice braying out into the deserted wilderness over these recent actions taken by King obama! Many well respected people are saying in far better words than I exactly my claim that he is behaving in a lawless manner. See Charles Krauthammer's recent statements on that.
He pushes the Treaty as a way to give Congress critters cover to vote for a treaty rather than voting directly for very restrictive laws against gun rights and the 2nd amendment. My statement about that and his other actions were combined to present that he deliberately goes around Congress when he feels like it and now courts their favor to ratify a completely UNCONSTITUTIONAL TREATY knowing the damage can easily be done well before SCOTUS could hear the case and strike the Treaty. End runs and illegal Executive orders which go against his oath of office as he is sworn to uphold our Constitution not test/break and/or go around it with devious attempts in Congress or otherwise! His oath demands that he enforces the Rule of Law and he by his actions does just the opposite often.---Tyr

Gaffer
06-17-2012, 02:36 PM
^And yet it can't.

I know, but a lot of people don't.

Had this argument with virgil and a bunch of other libs about 5 years ago. They all believed a treat supersedes the Constitution.

ConHog
06-17-2012, 02:41 PM
He is going around Congress by his issuing Executive orders contrary to bills they voted down, by refusing to enforce laws and other methods. He is behind getting this Treaty ratified so he can then misuse it and even were he not to misuse it ,the terms in the Treaty gives the UN authority over our Sovereignty! I am by no means a lone voice braying out into the deserted wilderness over these recent actions taken by King obama! Many well respected people are saying in far better words than I exactly my claim that he is behaving in a lawless manner. See Charles Krauthammer's recent statements on that.
He pushes the Treaty as a way to give Congress critters cover to vote for a treaty rather than voting directly for very restrictive laws against gun rights and the 2nd amendment. My statement about that and his other actions were combined to present that he deliberately goes around rCongress when he feels like it and now courts their favor to ratify a completely UNCONSTITUTIONAL TREATY knowing the damage can easily be done well before SCOTUS could hear the case and strike the Treaty. End runs and illegal Executive orders which go against his oath of office as he is sworn to uphold our Constitution not test/break and/or go around it with devious attempts in Congress or otherwise! His oath demands that he enforces the Rule of Law and he by his actions does just the opposite often.---Tyr

Only congress can approve a treaty so how could he go around congress to sign a treaty?

And as stated xngress cannot pass a treaty which nullkfies an amendment period.
No one is goint to take your guns

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-17-2012, 02:42 PM
^And yet it can't.

Actually it can when being used by a President such as obama because should he get it ratified and start to use it the damage done would be history long before SCOTUS COULD ACT! THAT IS THE GREAT DANGER!
I agree that the Treaty can not supercede our Constitution as does Jefferson in quotes in a link I posted.
However I'm not in the WHITEHOUSE and a President's misconduct takes time to rectify. It is too late to close the barn door the next day after the horse has fled!

Gaffer
06-17-2012, 02:42 PM
The point is the potus cant agree to a treaty of any kind only congress can so sayung hes going around congress is yet another lie

He's going around congress by using congress. Hardly a lie.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-17-2012, 02:44 PM

Had this argument with virgil and a bunch of other libs about 5 years ago. They all believed a treat supersedes the Constitution.

As do many dem/libs , I've had this argument at least ten years ago. Same type people argued that it did.--Tyr

ConHog
06-17-2012, 02:45 PM

What sense does that make? Are we to believe that congress wont pass a bill that takes away your guns but they will ratify a treaty that does so?

Gaffer
06-17-2012, 02:51 PM
What sense does that make? Are we to believe that congress wont pass a bill that takes away your guns but they will ratify a treaty that does so?

Yes.

I don't think the treaty would make it through the house, the senate is another story. But if congress refuses the treaty watch for the next end run.

ConHog
06-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Yes.

I don't think the treaty would make it through the house, the senate is another story. But if congress refuses the treaty watch for the next end run.

The treaty will never even be voted on and certainly it would never pass bc it can not and even if it were it would be challenged long before any mechasnism were in place to take your guns.

This is just sillly fear mongering

Gaffer
06-17-2012, 03:01 PM
The treaty will never even be voted on and certainly it would never pass bc it can not and even if it were it would be challenged long before any mechasnism were in place to take your guns.

This is just sillly fear mongering

We'll watch and see.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-17-2012, 03:15 PM
Yes.

The main point is his intent as it points to his desire to usurp the Constitution and it is not the first time.
People say, "yes but it'll never get ratified by Congress " , missing entirely that the attempt matters so greatly.
It is a bit like saying who cares about attempted bank robbery? We have a bank that can not be robbed!
I then ask , is the attempt to then be totally disregarded?Does not the mere attempt in itself despite even a lack of success still represent a crime and point to criminal intent?
So also applies the rational on obama's attempts at getting this Treaty.--Tyr

Gaffer
06-17-2012, 03:26 PM
The main point is his intent as it points to his desire to usurp the Constitution and it is not the first time.
People say, "yes but it'll never get ratified by Congress " , missing entirely that the attempt matters so greatly.
It is a bit like saying who cares about attempted bank robbery? We have a bank that can not be robbed!
I then ask , is the attempt to then be totally disregarded?Does not the mere attempt in itself despite even a lack of success still represent a crime and point to criminal intent?
So also applies the rational on obama's attempts at getting this Treaty.--Tyr

Yep, we will have to watch and see where he goes with it. He has to move fast cause he knows he's out of there come Nov. if elections are allowed to be held.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-17-2012, 03:41 PM
Yep, we will have to watch and see where he goes with it. He has to move fast cause he knows he's out of there come Nov. if elections are allowed to be held.

Sure he knows that and my guess is plans are in the works to steal the election for him or create a reason for him to declare martial law and remain in office.
Remember FDR used the war to Unconstitutionally lock up Japanese American citizens !
Presidents have even greater power during a national crisis and obama knows that. In addition far greater power is his ambition. I put nothing past obama because he has proven his treason more than once already despite his bots and other assorted allies defending him no matter his actions. His "bots" are like people with their head in a pickle jar and can only eat pickles!
haha, that thought comes from the old joke about why Marines do not eat pickles? Because they can not fit their head into the jar. Told to me by my best friend a retired Vietnam War Marine veteran.--Tyr

ConHog
06-17-2012, 04:13 PM

Sure he knows that and my guess is plans are in the works to steal the election for him or create a reason for him to declare martial law and remain in office.
Remember FDR used the war to Unconstitutionally lock up Japanese American citizens !
Presidents have even greater power during a national crisis and obama knows that. In addition far greater power is his ambition. I put nothing past obama because he has proven his treason more than once already despite his bots and other assorted allies defending him no matter his actions. His "bots" are like people with their head in a pickle jar and can only eat pickles!
haha, that thought comes from the old joke about why Marines do not eat pickles? Because they can not fit their head into the jar. Told to me by my best friend a retired Vietnam War Marine veteran.--Tyr

You must be shitting us? Please tell us you don't really believe this...........

Gaffer
06-17-2012, 04:46 PM
You must be shitting us? Please tell us you don't really believe this...........

I believe it. All I can say is watch and see.

For the national emergency I'm looking toward a war with iran and the unleashing of hezbo already established in this country. All he needs is an excuse.

ConHog
06-17-2012, 04:47 PM
I believe it. All I can say is watch and see.

For the national emergency I'm looking toward a war with iran and the unleashing of hezbo already established in this country. All he needs is an excuse.

WOW is all I can say.

fj1200
06-17-2012, 09:17 PM
He pushes the Treaty as a way to give Congress critters cover to vote for a treaty rather than voting directly for very restrictive laws against gun rights and the 2nd amendment.My statement about that and his other actions were combined to present that he deliberately goes around Congress when he feels like it and now courts their favor to ratify a completely UNCONSTITUTIONAL TREATY knowing the damage can easily be done well before SCOTUS could hear the case and strike the Treaty. End runs and illegal Executive orders which go against his oath of office as he is sworn to uphold our Constitution not test/break and/or go around it with devious attempts in Congress or otherwise! His oath demands that he enforces the Rule of Law and he by his actions does just the opposite often.---Tyr

Then bring up his executive orders in a thread that actually contains executive orders. And the UN will not have sovereignty over the US.

Just because those libs were stupid doesn't mean we have to go crazy with them.

Actually it can when being used by a President such as obama because should he get it ratified and start to use it the damage done would be history long before SCOTUS COULD ACT! THAT IS THE GREAT DANGER!
I agree that the Treaty can not supercede our Constitution as does Jefferson in quotes in a link I posted.
However I'm not in the WHITEHOUSE and a President's misconduct takes time to rectify. It is too late to close the barn door the next day after the horse has fled!

:speechless:

Yes.

Treaties don't even go through the House. 2/3 of the Senate required to pass. NEVER HAPPEN.

ConHog
06-17-2012, 09:22 PM
Then bring up his executive orders in a thread that actually contains executive orders. And the UN will not have sovereignty over the US.

Just because those libs were stupid doesn't mean we have to go crazy with them.

:speechless:

Treaties don't even go through the House. 2/3 of the Senate required to pass. NEVER HAPPEN.

For real bro they are just off in nutter land here, there is NO WAY they actually believe the crap they are spewing in this thread, I refuse to believe that is possible.