PDA

View Full Version : Happy father's day.

logroller
06-17-2012, 03:05 AM
Congrats to all the fathers out there, and a heartfelt thank you to the women and children that fill our lives with the joy of fatherhood. :bighug:

Kathianne
06-17-2012, 03:11 AM
I miss my dad, so much! I'm so glad my kids had him and my brother to help bridge the gap their dad left when they were young.

I'm thankful that my kids dad decided when the youngest was 20, to step up. In the ability of children to forgive, they are rebuilding a relationship. The negative now is overcoming how he treats their step brothers, 7 and 9. Same as he did them, but they are appalled. It's weird for me, they are getting what they needed, but at the same time they are seeing the problem we had, replicated.

logroller
06-17-2012, 03:23 AM
I miss my dad, so much! I'm so glad my kids had him and my brother to help bridge the gap their dad left when they were young.

I'm thankful that my kids dad decided when the youngest was 20, to step up. In the ability of children to forgive, they are rebuilding a relationship. The negative now is overcoming how he treats their step brothers, 7 and 9. Same as he did them, but they are appalled. It's weird for me, they are getting what they needed, but at the same time they are seeing the problem we had, replicated.
I can't understand a man neglecting his duties to his kids. And to do it twice???
I too am glad your kids had your father and brother to show them how a man should love, care and support their loved ones--Not everyone is so blessed.

Nell's Room
06-17-2012, 03:23 AM
Its not Fathers Day here yet (its in September) but happy dads day to the fathers who are celebrating it today!:cool:

logroller
06-17-2012, 03:26 AM
Its not Fathers Day here yet (its in September) but happy dads day to the fathers who are celebrating it today!:cool:

Must be a seasonal thing; when's Christmas down under? J/k:laugh: