PDA

View Full Version : Rodney King - Dead at 47

jimnyc
06-17-2012, 10:45 AM
I'm betting drug related

(Reuters) - Rodney King, whose police brutality case in 1991 led to deadly riots in Los Angeles, was found dead in a swimming pool on Sunday in Rialto, California, police told CNN.

King, 47, whose beating at the hands of Los Angeles police was captured on video by a bystander, was discovered by his fiancé, Rialto police Captain Randy Deanda told CNN. There were immediate signs of foul play.

http://news.yahoo.com/1990s-la-police-beating-victim-rodney-king-found-153048343.html

ConHog
06-17-2012, 10:57 AM
I'm betting drug related

http://news.yahoo.com/1990s-la-police-beating-victim-rodney-king-found-153048343.html

Was that supposed to read no immediate signs of foul play? Or are they saying its obviously a murder. Sorry cant read link right now

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-17-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm betting drug related

Or maybe a long life of bad diet that led to a heart attack.--Tyr

red states rule
06-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Or maybe a long life of bad diet that led to a heart attack.--Tyr

or as Jim said drugs may be involved, and added to the bad diet you have the usual mix that ends so many lkives way too early

Gaffer
06-17-2012, 12:42 PM
or as Jim said drugs may be involved, and added to the bad diet you have the usual mix that ends so many lkives way too early

His life ended too early?

I know, I'm a heartless bastard.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-17-2012, 12:45 PM

True that.
However I thought that the usual mix was too many drugs, too many bad women and not enough good whiskey.:laugh2:. For a man that is....
For a woman it is too many heartless men , not enough money, and not being da boss!--:laugh:
I suspect that I'll get ripped but goooooood for that one.-;)
All was in jest ladies, I assure you.--Tyr

red states rule
06-17-2012, 12:45 PM
His life ended too early?

I know, I'm a heartless bastard.

40 something - yea that is early

But do you want to bet someone will try to blame Bush, Mitt, or the Republican party for his death?

Gaffer
06-17-2012, 12:51 PM
40 something - yea that is early

But do you want to bet someone will try to blame Bush, Mitt, or the Republican party for his death?

If it was some fault of his own you can bet they will blame somebody else. Bush is always the default blame until someone else can be named.

It was a case of too many drugs and too much water.

red states rule
06-17-2012, 12:53 PM
If it was some fault of his own you can bet they will blame somebody else. Bush is always the default blame until someone else can be named.

Yep, and now we h=will have glowing coverage of him from the liberal media bewteen now a days after the funeral

Libs will have a field day with this

Gaffer
06-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Yep, and now we h=will have glowing coverage of him from the liberal media bewteen now a days after the funeral

Libs will have a field day with this

They can have a riot in his honor.

red states rule
06-17-2012, 01:00 PM
They can have a riot in his honor.

and then Obama can propose a $40 billion "stimulus" to rebuild the city. The rioters can be paid to rebuild what they destoryed and the taypayer foots the bill

Yea, that will work Gaffer :laugh2:

BTW CNN just said they wlil look back on his life. OK time to switch over to the Chinese Opera Hour

Gaffer
06-17-2012, 01:48 PM
and then Obama can propose a $40 billion "stimulus" to rebuild the city. The rioters can be paid to rebuild what they destoryed and the taypayer foots the bill

Yea, that will work Gaffer :laugh2:

BTW CNN just said they wlil look back on his life. OK time to switch over to the Chinese Opera Hour

What a life. Drunk and disorderly, DUI, domestic violence, drug abuse. A real model citizen.

And cnn wonders why they don't have high ratings.

red states rule
06-17-2012, 01:51 PM
What a life. Drunk and disorderly, DUI, domestic violence, drug abuse. A real model citizen.

And cnn wonders why they don't have high ratings.

IOW, he was a classic liberal voter who was used by the liberal media and race baiters to advance their cause

Gaffer
06-17-2012, 01:56 PM
IOW, he was a classic liberal voter who was used by the liberal media and race baiters to advance their cause

Exactly!

Making a hero out of a wife beating drunk.

red states rule
06-17-2012, 01:58 PM
Exactly!

Making a hero out of a wife beating drunk.

Hell, lok how the liberal media built up the illusion of the greatness of Ted Kennedy and all the tears they shed when he died

He killed a women and they helped him sweep it under the rug and dismissed it as water under the bridge

Abbey Marie
06-17-2012, 02:27 PM

Well, duh. He obviously died from the long-term effects of a police beating.

Gaffer
06-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Hell, lok how the liberal media built up the illusion of the greatness of Ted Kennedy and all the tears they shed when he died

He killed a women and they helped him sweep it under the rug and dismissed it as water under the bridge

Kennedy was the biggest piece of garbage to ever float to the top of the cesspool. He took way too long to die in my book. The whole family is garbage and always has been.

Gaffer
06-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Well, duh. He obviously died from the long-term effects of a police beating.

:lol: yeah that's it.

jimnyc
06-17-2012, 03:03 PM
Seems I was partially correct thus far. Latest reports I have been reading state that his girlfriend went to bed at about 2am and found him at the bottom of the pool. She said they were drinking all night and had smoked some marijuana. And my guessing goes further - I'm betting that when the toxicology reports come back that we find out he was on cocaine too.

Gaffer
06-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Seems I was partially correct thus far. Latest reports I have been reading state that his girlfriend went to bed at about 2am and found him at the bottom of the pool. She said they were drinking all night and had smoked some marijuana. And my guessing goes further - I'm betting that when the toxicology reports come back that we find out he was on cocaine too.

My thoughts too. He probably passed out and rolled into the water.

Gaffer
06-17-2012, 03:10 PM
My next question is how does a drunk with a criminal record a mile long support himself and own a house in Reolalto (sp)? Where did he work?

jimnyc
06-17-2012, 03:12 PM
My thoughts too. He probably passed out and rolled into the water.

Damn. You know, admittedly I have had some days partying (like just last week!), some were whiskey, some were beer and some might have had a few drugs involved (they tied me down). But how the hell do you get so fucked up that you can roll into a pool, and drown, and not realize what the hell is happening? That's why my thoughts always go to cardiac arrest prior, which makes me think cocaine. While I respect a man that gets beaten by like 70 batons and lives to tell about it, he wasn't exactly the kinda fellow you bring around to meet your family!

RIP Rodney, thanks for the awesome times we shared on Youtube! :lol:

jimnyc
06-17-2012, 03:13 PM
My next question is how does a drunk with a criminal record a mile long support himself and own a house in Reolalto (sp)? Where did he work?

Quite a few idiots considered this man famous. He was often paid to do speaking gigs and interviews. You can make decent change with that stuff!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Damn. You know, admittedly I have had some days partying (like just last week!), some were whiskey, some were beer and some might have had a few drugs involved (they tied me down). But how the hell do you get so fucked up that you can roll into a pool, and drown, and not realize what the hell is happening? That's why my thoughts always go to cardiac arrest prior, which makes me think cocaine. While I respect a man that gets beaten by like 70 batons and lives to tell about it, he wasn't exactly the kinda fellow you bring around to meet your family!

RIP Rodney, thanks for the awesome times we shared on Youtube! :lol:

A whiskey man can soothe the ladies, stay active long enough to do some damage , still be drunk the next morning and work all day in the burning hot Sun. Sweat the booze out and rip it up the next night too.-;)
Not that I've ever done crazy stuff like that.;)--Tyr

aboutime
06-17-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm betting drug related

No disrespect intended here. But I read they found his body at the bottom of a pool.
If it was drug related. He probably found out...too late, he couldn't swim. And now. He's gonna get his wish of EVERYBODY GETTING ALONG.

Nell's Room
06-17-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm betting drug related

Sad news. No matter what he had done, whether you agree with the way he was treated or not, its still sad when someone dies. His death was probably drug related.

Dilloduck
06-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Sad news. No matter what he had done, whether you agree with the way he was treated or not, its still sad when someone dies. His death was probably drug related.

I bet the juror who voted to give him 3 mil and was now going to marry him is really depressed.

logroller
06-17-2012, 11:37 PM
How tragic.:rolleyes:

red states rule
06-18-2012, 02:14 AM

From where I sit, there is no great loss here with his death. I feel sorry for his family and the liberal media will play him up to be some hero

Which is was not