PDA

View Full Version : Former Cab Driver Accused Of Killing 6 Women

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 08:51 PM
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Some of the 100 prospective jurors in the first trial of man accused of killing six women in Jacksonville over a four-year period admit knowing something about the case, and told the judge that publicity about the case could affect their decision.

Paul Durousseau, now 36, is accused of killing Tyresa Mack -- a 24-year-old mother of three young children -- in 1999. He is also charged with killing five other Jacksonville women prior to his arrest in 2003.

Durousseau is also suspected of killing a woman in Columbus, Ga. -- where he was stationed while in the army -- in September 1997. Officials in Germany, where he was stationed from 1993 to 1995, have reopened unsolved homicide cases there investigate whether Durousseau may have been involved.

Police said Durousseau, a cab driver, befriended young women he picked up, then killed them.

Durousseau was arrested in February 2003. By September of that year, he was indicted on six separate counts of first-degree murder.

Prosecutors said Durousseau lived near Mack when she was raped killed in her apartment, but was not a suspect in her murder until after his arrest on five other murders. Investigators said DNA gathered during the investigations in 2002 and 2003 tied him to Mack's slaying.

Since his arrest, charges have been added for aggravated child abuse and battery on a fellow inmate in jail.

The slaying of Mack is the first case to come to trial. Because of pretrial publicity, an unusually large jury pool was called for consideration.

Court officials told Channel 4's Dan Leveton that it will probably take two days to seat a jury. They hope to begin the trial on Wednesday.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/13355480/detail.html?subid=22100425&qs=1;bp=t

nevadamedic
05-23-2007, 12:43 AM
The more I read about this incident the more I get sick.

JLO
05-23-2007, 03:28 AM
The more I read about this incident the more I get sick.

I agree there are a lot of sick people out there!

nevadamedic
05-23-2007, 03:39 AM
I agree there are a lot of sick people out there!

You sure dont say much do you? :laugh2: