PDA

View Full Version : Asian immigrants surpass Hispanics

gabosaurus
06-19-2012, 12:12 AM
Meanwhile, while you were looking the other way...
I wonder if Jan Brewer knows about this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/19/us/asians-surpass-hispanics-as-biggest-immigrant-wave.html

Thunderknuckles
06-19-2012, 01:14 AM

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/19/us/asians-surpass-hispanics-as-biggest-immigrant-wave.html
Really?
Please tell me you are better than this Gabby.
Do you really believe that those against illegal immigration are only against it because they are Latino?
I have a much higher opinion of you.
Please don't disappoint me.

SassyLady
06-19-2012, 03:04 AM

Gabby, why do you have such a hard-on for Jan Brewer? Are you upset because she stuck her finger in Obama's face?

red states rule
06-19-2012, 03:08 AM
Gabby, why do you have such a hard-on for Jan Brewer? Are you upset because she stuck her finger in Obama's face?

More like stuck her foot up his ass

gabosaurus
06-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Really?
Please tell me you are better than this Gabby.
Do you really believe that those against illegal immigration are only against it because they are Latino?
I have a much higher opinion of you.
Please don't disappoint me.

Certainly not. What disappoints me is that most pundits (both sides) believe that illegal immigration is purely a Latino problem. Anyone who lives in an area with a large Asian population knows that this is far from the truth.
The difference is that Latino immigrants are highly visible. They live and interact with other populations. Asian immigrants often live and work in a more closed society. This tends to conceal how many of them are really here.
I know this because I helped a fellow student work on a graduate paper on immigration when I was at Cal.

Thunderknuckles
06-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Certainly not. What disappoints me is that most pundits (both sides) believe that illegal immigration is purely a Latino problem. Anyone who lives in an area with a large Asian population knows that this is far from the truth.
The difference is that Latino immigrants are highly visible. They live and interact with other populations. Asian immigrants often live and work in a more closed society. This tends to conceal how many of them are really here.
I know this because I helped a fellow student work on a graduate paper on immigration when I was at Cal.
Illegal immigration is mostly a Latino problem. Note from the article you posted:

"
About 45 percent of Hispanic immigrants in the United States are here illegally compared with about 13 percent to 15 percent of Asian immigrants, Pew demographers found."

This is probably why nobody makes much of a stink over Asian immigration because the vast majority of them enter the country legally which is all anyone is asking for.

gabosaurus
06-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Illegal immigration is mostly a Latino problem. Note from the article you posted:

"
About 45 percent of Hispanic immigrants in the United States are here illegally compared with about 13 percent to 15 percent of Asian immigrants, Pew demographers found."

This is probably why nobody makes much of a stink over Asian immigration because the vast majority of them enter the country legally which is all anyone is asking for.

No one knows exactly how many Asian immigrants are here illegally. Because they tend to disappear into their own closed societies.
It is very easy to estimate the number of Latino illegals. They are very present in our society.
Asians live with each other, work with each other and tend to associate with other Asians.
This is NOT to say that Latino immigration is not a serious problem. It is. But no one does surveys about how many Thais and Vietnamese are here illegally.

Nukeman
06-19-2012, 11:28 AM
And yet Asians as a minority are not afforded minority status... why is that? they don't get the same "protected" status as blacks and hispanics, why is that??

Trigg
06-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Anyone who is here illegally needs to be deported. E-verify and employer fines need to be implimented. I don't care what country their from originally

The article also had this to say about the Asian population.

Among Asians 25 or older, 49 percent hold a college degree, compared with 28 percent of all people in that age range in the United States. Median annual household income among Asians is $66,000 versus $49,800 among the general population.

So at least the Asians who are coming here legally can support themselves and their families without going on the government dole.

ConHog
06-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Personally I think we need to focus our attention on getting rid of the illegal aliens from Australia.

Nukeman
06-19-2012, 11:58 AM
Personally I think we need to focus our attention on getting rid of the illegal aliens from Australia.
How about ALL illegal aliens regardles of country of origin!!!!!!!!!!!!

ConHog
06-19-2012, 12:04 PM
How about ALL illegal aliens regardles of country of origin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really?

Good grief

jimnyc
06-19-2012, 12:56 PM
While I agree that all need to be taken care of, as breaking the law is breaking the law - I have ZERO issues if they start with Mexico. Plugging the biggest and filthiest hole first makes sense.

Thunderknuckles
06-19-2012, 01:38 PM
And yet Asians as a minority are not afforded minority status... why is that? they don't get the same "protected" status as blacks and hispanics, why is that??
My opinion is that liberal progressives equate "minority" with special needs children. In other words, they don't believe "minorities" are as smart or as capable as whites and asians and thus need special care and understanding. They don't even realize it or won't admit it to themselves.
Just look at all the examples of deportations. Is there ever any outrage over deporting an illegal white European or an Asian? No. But, start deporting Latinos and liberals are aghast.

SassyLady
06-19-2012, 02:03 PM
My opinion is that liberal progressives equate "minority" with special needs children. In other words, they don't believe "minorities" are as smart or as capable as whites and asians and thus need special care and understanding. They don't even realize it or won't admit it to themselves.
Just look at all the examples of deportations. Is there ever any outrage over deporting an illegal white European or an Asian? No. But, start deporting Latinos and liberals are aghast.

Must spread rep.......