PDA

View Full Version : Obama Suffers Amnesia About His First Year As President

red states rule
06-19-2012, 02:53 AM
Not only Pres Obozo, but the liberal media, and his die hard supporters

snip

What is it with Barack Obama and 27 months? Listen to the president and his aides talk, and you'll soon hear claims that the administration has accomplished great things in the last 27 months.
"The private sector creat(ed) nearly 4.3 million new jobs in the last 27 months," the president said at a fundraiser in Baltimore recently.

"We have created 500,000 manufacturing jobs over the last 27 months," top Obama economic adviser Gene Sperling said at the same time on CNN.

"We've had 4.3 million private-sector jobs created over the last 27 months," Obama campaign spokeswoman Stephanie Cutter said in a conference call with reporters a day earlier.

There are plenty of other examples. Beyond that, whenever Mitt Romney or some other Republican attacks the president's record, the Obama campaign sends out reams of rebuttal material pointing to economic progress -- all in the last 27 months.

The problem, of course, is that Barack Obama has been president for 40 months. So why do he and his supporters speak as if he has only been in the White House for the last 27 -- that is, since March 2010? It's as if the first third of Obama's presidency just doesn't count.

http://townhall.com/columnists/byronyork/2012/06/18/obama_suffers_amnesia_about_his_first_year_as_pres ident

Shadow
06-19-2012, 09:38 AM
Interesting since the Fed has just stated that the recovery we witnessed was 'tepid' at best...and is slowing down again. Not to mention that job growth has been weak.

Infact, they may be requesting another stimilus to get the economy moving. You know...because the last one worked so well and all. :)

Thunderknuckles
06-19-2012, 10:50 AM
The spin is very easy to detect here. Note that they do not mention NET job growth.

gabosaurus
06-19-2012, 11:09 AM
I wish we could all have collective amnesia about Dubya's first year in office. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
06-19-2012, 11:14 AM
I wish we could all have collective amnesia about Dubya's first year in office. :rolleyes:

Just like any other idiotic liberal, take the subject and change it to Bush instead of acknowledging the facts in the OP.

gabosaurus
06-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Just like any other idiotic liberal, take the subject and change it to Bush.

Well, I couldn't find any of those cute cartoons that RSR posts in lieu of responses.

...instead of acknowledging the facts in the OP.

Instead of acknowledging the alleged "facts" that the OP cut and pasted from an extreme right wing blog.

jimnyc
06-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Instead of acknowledging the alleged "facts" that the OP cut and pasted from an extreme right wing blog.

Alleged facts aka statements made by Obama and his team? Prove them wrong then, and prove me wrong. Return to this thread, take the statements that are brought up in the OP, and SHOW us how these "alleged" statements are not factual and how a right wing blog is wrong. Can you do that?

gabosaurus
06-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Numbers are very easily skewered. Especially when you pick and choose the numbers you want to mess with.
How many problems did Obama take on in his first year that were inherited from the previous administration?

jimnyc
06-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Numbers are very easily skewered. Especially when you pick and choose the numbers you want to mess with.
How many problems did Obama take on in his first year that were inherited from the previous administration?

Sorry, no wiggling out. The OP shows statements made by Obama and his administration. YOU said these are "alleged facts" from a right wing blog. Do if they aren't factual, and only spread from a right wing blog, then prove they weren't stated by these people. Otherwise just quietly admit you made a fucking retarded statement to troll the thread and cannot dispute the comments made.

fj1200
06-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Well, I couldn't find any of those cute cartoons that RSR posts in lieu of responses.

Well, I do believe your #2 in pointless cartoon debating. :poke:

jimnyc
06-19-2012, 12:54 PM

Sorry, no wiggling out. The OP shows statements made by Obama and his administration. YOU said these are "alleged facts" from a right wing blog. Do if they aren't factual, and only spread from a right wing blog, then prove they weren't stated by these people. Otherwise just quietly admit you made a fucking retarded statement to troll the thread and cannot dispute the comments made.

Just as I figured, just lob out inane and inaccurate crap, and then run for the hills when called out on it. Par for the course though. Oh, and thanks for inviting your cousin here from Australia, 2 peas in a pod! :lol:

aboutime
06-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Not only Pres Obozo, but the liberal media, and his die hard supporters

Obama can't remember many things. As everyone knows.
That is the first sign of a liar, being unable to remember his first lie, and making up other lies to cover the first he forgot.
Primarily because IT IS NEVER HARD TO REPEAT, OR REMEMBER THE TRUTH.
But, it is always harder to remember your own lies.

Obama is a Stone-cold, Hard, Proven, Consistent, Dedicated Liar. PERIOD.

ConHog
06-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Obama can't remember many things. As everyone knows.
That is the first sign of a liar, being unable to remember his first lie, and making up other lies to cover the first he forgot.
Primarily because IT IS NEVER HARD TO REPEAT, OR REMEMBER THE TRUTH.
But, it is always harder to remember your own lies.

Obama is a Stone-cold, Hard, Proven, Consistent, Dedicated Liar. PERIOD.

Please name a Presidential candidate in the last 12 years (at least) who wasn't.

Shadow
06-20-2012, 09:55 AM
From May's Employment Report...

Running in order from January to May, the monthly job growth figures so far this year are as follows: 275,000, 259,000, 143,000, 77,000 and 69,000. To add some perspective to this, January's creation of 275,000 new jobs was generally considered good, but not spectacular. Having the numbers tail off from there indicates that the economy has lost the modest momentum it had at the start of the year.

To start out with job growth has only been 'modest'. I would say that is even being kind.

Wonder how many jobs were lost the first 12/13 months he was in office?

fj1200
06-20-2012, 12:52 PM
You can't criticize him for everything that happened for X months into his presidency because whatever policy he might have instituted wouldn't have time to work. You can criticize a Dem controlled Congress that limited any action his predecessor might have taken, and BO's role in that, but that's a different argument.

I have noticed it's fairly common practice to identify any gains made from the trough of the recession but it's disingenuous for them to do so.

ConHog
06-20-2012, 07:19 PM
You can't criticize him for everything that happened for X months into his presidency because whatever policy he might have instituted wouldn't have time to work. You can criticize a Dem controlled Congress that limited any action his predecessor might have taken, and BO's role in that, but that's a different argument.

I have noticed it's fairly common practice to identify any gains made from the trough of the recession but it's disingenuous for them to do so.

left wing hack

aboutime
06-20-2012, 09:31 PM
Please name a Presidential candidate in the last 12 years (at least) who wasn't.

Our present problem is Obama. It really doesn't matter who, or how many others there were before him. They are History. We are dealing with the Present Liar. The man dedicated to destruction of America in every direction he can until somebody steps forward to stop him.
Talking about the past, when the Present is in jeopardy is a foolhardy, but reliable kind of liberal thing to do. Much like Obama always blaming Bush for everything.

ConHog
06-20-2012, 09:33 PM
Our present problem is Obama. It really doesn't matter who, or how many others there were before him. They are History. We are dealing with the Present Liar. The man dedicated to destruction of America in every direction he can until somebody steps forward to stop him.
Talking about the past, when the Present is in jeopardy is a foolhardy, but reliable kind of liberal thing to do. Much like Obama always blaming Bush for everything.

My point is to lies. All Presidents, hell all politicians, lie so Obama is nothing special.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-20-2012, 11:17 PM
Just as I figured, just lob out inane and inaccurate crap, and then run for the hills when called out on it. Par for the course though. Oh, and thanks for inviting your cousin here from Australia, 2 peas in a pod! :lol:

"Cousin"? On another forum I was at a member invited his younger brother, nephew , two nieces and father-in-law to join.
Turns out much later that they were all sockpuppets of his which he admitted after admin there caught him.. He had the gall to post that it was just a harmless joke. A joke that ran on for close to a year , started numerous feuds and had gotten several longtime conservative members there banned. Some people play silly games , what they get out of it I haven't a clue.Just sayin'...-Tyr