PDA

View Full Version : "I could have arrested Karl Rove on any given day"

Roo
06-20-2012, 06:18 PM
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi attacked House Republicans for pursuing contempt of Congress charges against Attorney General Eric Holder on Wednesday.

“I could have arrested Karl Rove on any given day,” Pelosi said on Wednesday, The Huffington Post reports. “I’m not kidding. There’s a prison here in the Capitol. If we had spotted him in the Capitol, we could have arrested him.”

“Oh, any number” of charges could have been brought against Rove, Pelosi said. “But there were some specific ones for his being in contempt of Congress.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/20/pelosi-rips-holder-contempt-charges-i-could-have-arrested-karl-rove-on-any-given-day/#ixzz1yNWYsPQK

A proud, patriotic treasonous american.....much like the rest of the Dem Leadership.

ConHog
06-20-2012, 06:22 PM
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi attacked House Republicans for pursuing contempt of Congress charges against Attorney General Eric Holder on Wednesday.

“I could have arrested Karl Rove on any given day,” Pelosi said on Wednesday, The Huffington Post reports. “I’m not kidding. There’s a prison here in the Capitol. If we had spotted him in the Capitol, we could have arrested him.”

“Oh, any number” of charges could have been brought against Rove, Pelosi said. “But there were some specific ones for his being in contempt of Congress.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/20/pelosi-rips-holder-contempt-charges-i-could-have-arrested-karl-rove-on-any-given-day/#ixzz1yNWYsPQK

A proud, patriotic treasonous american.....much like the rest of the Dem Leadership.

for real, why would you concern yourself with anything that idiot says? All she is is proof positive that SF is full of idiotic voters.

Roo
06-20-2012, 06:24 PM
for real, why would you concern yourself with anything that idiot says? All she is is proof positive that SF is full of idiotic voters.

I find it humorous that the Left looks at her as a leader.

aboutime
06-20-2012, 06:37 PM
Nancy who? 3539

revelarts
06-20-2012, 07:12 PM
Karl Rove Should be in Jail, he's a High level political crook, and he was in contempt of congress.
Pelosi is a smaller political player but a still a player and would have never have put Rove in jail, just as she never wanted to impeach Bush, "too divisive":rolleyes: .

This beef is WWF trash talk. for the fans and haters.

Roo
06-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Karl Rove Should be in Jail, he's a High level political crook, and he was in contempt of congress.
Pelosi is a smaller political player but a still a player and would have never have put Rove in jail, just as she never wanted to impeach Bush, "too divisive":rolleyes: .

This beef is WWF trash talk. for the fans and haters.

No, this beef has killed hundreds including an American.

This is for keeps.

ConHog
06-20-2012, 07:26 PM

This is for keeps.

Pretty sure he was referring to Pelosi's beef. Not the investigation into "fast and furious"

Roo
06-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Pretty sure he was referring to Pelosi's beef. Not the investigation into "fast and furious"

ok, thanks :)

revelarts
06-20-2012, 07:27 PM

This is for keeps.

the FF actions are real and pitiful,
the scuffle between congress and the admin to get to bottom of it is BS.
Congressional hearings rarely, never(?), get anyone sent to jail anymore or reveal the whole story.
its WWF at that level

gabosaurus
06-20-2012, 08:45 PM
What the ConReps are saying is that it was OK for Dubya to defy Congress, but it is not right for Obama to defy Congress.
Yep, that makes sense. :rolleyes:

aboutime
06-20-2012, 09:24 PM
What the ConReps are saying is that it was OK for Dubya to defy Congress, but it is not right for Obama to defy Congress.
Yep, that makes sense. :rolleyes:

Would you kindly explain WHEN, and WHERE...as you suggested above. That Bush defied congress. And, if he did as you say above. Tell us all. When, and How he did that....please.

gabosaurus
06-20-2012, 11:01 PM
Would you kindly explain WHEN, and WHERE...as you suggested above. That Bush defied congress. And, if he did as you say above. Tell us all. When, and How he did that....please.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/07/10/MNGRJQTNES1.DTL

ConHog
06-20-2012, 11:04 PM

Thats different..... somehow

Oh yeah eat a bag of dicks

gabosaurus
06-20-2012, 11:14 PM
Oh yeah eat a bag of dicks

Only if you stop being such a pussy.

ConHog
06-20-2012, 11:18 PM
Only if you stop being such a pussy.

Touche

Hint for you proud americans who only speak one language that was french

Gaffer
06-21-2012, 04:33 PM

I would just like to know where this "prison" is in the capitol. Is this prison where they put all contempt of congress folks?

Monkeybone
06-21-2012, 04:43 PM
Difference being, Bush said that they could meet with the committee, just in private. The Dems said no. If Obama offered to give the documents, but just seal them to the committee and the Repubs said no, then it would be the same thing. Nope, he swooped in at the last minute after it was agreed to hand them over. What could be in there? Surely nothing as secret as a comPuter virus or a kill list or even a Doctor who helped us out and then was left hanging.

:tinfoil: probably him encouraging it. Remember how Obama and Hillary would go on and on about how all the guns in Mexico were from us? Just them making a strategy to make it true. Ever since FF came out, you ain't heard crap about it.

ConHog
06-21-2012, 05:01 PM
I would just like to know where this "prison" is in the capitol. Is this prison where they put all contempt of congress folks?

The last time I was at the Capitol Building (pre 9/11) the "prison" we saw was a holding cell about the size of a small closet. :lol:

Abbey Marie
06-21-2012, 05:31 PM

Whenever the Dems have their toes put to the fire, they attempt to point the finger at the Bush Administration. See: the economy. It is beyond ludicrous at this point.

aboutime
06-21-2012, 06:00 PM

So it's all well and good for Obama to Invoke Executive Priv. but when Bush did it. You say he was in contempt of Congress?

Does that kinda smell, a little bit like a Double Standard to you?

aboutime
06-21-2012, 06:07 PM

Pelosi is just blowing more BOTOX fumes with her statement about putting Rove in her prison cell.
As the Speaker of the House then, and as the Minority leader now. Pelosi NEVER had the power, no matter what her failing lips, and empty brain may try to think, or say. She's just a dumber version of Obama. And lies are what both of them are best at whenever they speak.

ConHog
06-21-2012, 06:10 PM
So it's all well and good for Obama to Invoke Executive Priv. but when Bush did it. You say he was in contempt of Congress?

Does that kinda smell, a little bit like a Double Standard to you?

Good point, except that in THIS post

Point A:
The use of executive privilege is nothing new. Dubya did it six times. Slick Willy did it 14 times. I don't see what the big deal is.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-history-of-presidential-use-of-executive-privilege-20120620,0,1693725.story

Point B:
I think it is quite hypocritical for Obama to claim executive privilege, considering that he was a very outspoken opponent of such before he was elected.

Gabby called Obama a hypocrite for using executive privilege.

aboutime
06-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Good point, except that in THIS post

Gabby called Obama a hypocrite for using executive privilege.

Using double standards is the same as being a hypocrite. Excuse me.

Roo
06-21-2012, 06:35 PM

Too funny :)

Hundreds die because of Holder....and a few lawyers got fired.....VERY intellectual of you.

Roo
06-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Today Nancy said that this all aboout Voter suppression.

ConHog
06-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Using double standards is the same as being a hypocrite. Excuse me.

No, excuse me. It appears I misread . You seemed to have been calling Obama a hypocrite , not Gabby. All good, he is a hypocrite. :2up: