PDA

View Full Version : From what I have read this is becoming an international event....

Trinity
06-20-2012, 09:13 PM
When did the Cincinnati police become the politically correct police???? Last time I checked there were many unsolved murders in Cincinnati, many of them involving teenagers hmmmm .

Oh and just for some background info the party in the park is hosted at a public park, not a private park.

Forest Thomer walked up to a small group of people at a May 23 Party in the Park event, pointed to a slight, wheelchair-bound woman next to him and asked, “Do you want to laugh at the crippled girl?”The politically incorrect question wasn’t intended to demean Ally Bruener and her battle with Congenital Muscular Dystrophy (http://www.mdausa.org/disease/cmd.html) but to promote her next gig as a comedian. After Thomer asked the question, Bruener wheeled her chair up to the group, told them a joke and where she was performing next.

Lots of links listed at web page.....

http://allybruener.com/?p=3400

Trinity
11-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Jury Acquits Wheelchair Comic's Promoter
CINCINNATI (AP) — A jury has found a man not guilty of disorderly conduct after he asked people in a Cincinnati park if they wanted to laugh at a crippled girl.
Forest Thomer of Cold Spring, Ky. said his acquittal was a victory for free speech.
Prosecutors focused their case to emphasize what they said was Thomer's "turbulent behavior," not his speech.
A Cincinnati jury on Thursday acquitted the 25-year-old Thomer. A message was left for the prosecutor.
Thomer was charged after asking people if they wanted to laugh at his friend Ally Bruener. They were promoting the Alexandria, Ky., woman's comedy show and website.
Bruener has muscular dystrophy and is in a wheelchair and says she uses humor to try to remove any stigma about people with disabilities.

http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Jury-Acquits-Wheelchair-Comics-Promoter/pFzz0IcPaEe0CfxYWnm8PQ.cspx

gabosaurus
11-02-2012, 04:23 PM
I don't understand why an arrest was made in the first place. Freedom of speech is always freedom of speech.

When my sister was in college, she dated a guy who was a member of a "shock comedy" team. They made jokes about 9-11, dead people, all sort of vile topics. Their intent was to rile people up and make them angry. Freedom of speech and all that.

11-02-2012, 05:03 PM
I don't understand why an arrest was made in the first place. Freedom of speech is always freedom of speech.

When my sister was in college, she dated a guy who was a member of a "shock comedy" team. They made jokes about 9-11, dead people, all sort of vile topics. Their intent was to rile people up and make them angry. Freedom of speech and all that.

Jokes about 911 are beloved by liberals, liberals are anti American afterall.

Banning freedom of speech is ok do long as it isn't liberal speech!
Liberals Invented PC laws to control human thought and feeling.
liberals wish to control every aspect of life, much as the Chinese or N Korean governments do.