PDA

View Full Version : Excellent quote from Prague newspaper

jimnyc
06-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Was sent to me via email, so I cannot vouch for the accuracy. What I can vouch for, is that regardless of who wrote it - it's spot on perfectly stated!

Some people have the vocabulary to sum up things in a way that you can quickly understand them. This quote came from the Czech Republic. Someone over there has it figured out. It was translated into English from an article in the Prague newspaper Prager Zeitungon.

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president.

Thunderknuckles
06-21-2012, 01:04 PM
So America is a "vast confederacy of fools".
I'm not sure I like that person :p

jimnyc
06-21-2012, 01:07 PM
So America is a "vast confederacy of fools".
I'm not sure I like that person :p

Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.

I think the writer was blaming those that placed Obama in office, those who voted for the hope and change.

Thunderknuckles
06-21-2012, 01:20 PM
I think the writer was blaming those that placed Obama in office, those who voted for the hope and change.
Yeah I know, but still....lol

Maybe I'm irked because I know I must count myself as part of that vast confederacy :salute:

ConHog
06-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Yeah I know, but still....lol

Maybe I'm irked because I know I must count myself as part of that vast confederacy :salute:

everyone is entitled to a mistake or ten. As long you say three hail marys and curse Obama you'll be okay.

Thunderknuckles
06-21-2012, 01:32 PM
everyone is entitled to a mistake or ten. As long you say three hail marys and curse Obama you'll be okay.
This board is my confessional and the polling station shall be my repentance :D