PDA

View Full Version : Someone's getting desperate

Trigg
06-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Obama Asks People Getting Married To Forgo Gifts, Ask Their Guests To Donate To His Campaign Instead…

http://weaselzippers.us/2012/06/22/obama-asks-people-getting-married-to-forgo-gifts-ask-guests-to-donate-to-his-campaign-instead/

aboutime
06-23-2012, 06:19 PM
Isn't that Special?

Of course we all know. There ARE some Americans among us who WILL do as Obama says.

But we can't forget. Those are the same people who are still waiting for Obama to pay for their gasoline, and make mortgage payments with OBAMA BUCKS too!

Wonder if they are aware of...if Obama wins in November...those Obama Bucks will become the Increased Taxes they honestly think...will just make the Economy work in their favor?

Gotta love Obama. Like I loved having Cancer.

Shadow
06-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Obama Asks People Getting Married To Forgo Gifts, Ask Their Guests To Donate To His Campaign Instead…

http://weaselzippers.us/2012/06/22/obama-asks-people-getting-married-to-forgo-gifts-ask-guests-to-donate-to-his-campaign-instead/

Desperate? This guy has a lot of gall to ask people to send him a monetary gift instead of thinking of your friends or loved ones on one of the most important days of their life.

What an ass. :rolleyes:

Could he be anymore pompous? No.

Trigg
06-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Desperate? This guy has a lot of gall to ask people to send him a monetary gift instead of thinking of your friends or loved ones on one of the most important days of their life.

What an ass. :rolleyes:

Could he be anymore pompous? No.

He's completely out of touch and the closer it gets to Nov. the more optimistic I become that he will loose.

aboutime
06-23-2012, 09:22 PM
He's completely out of touch and the closer it gets to Nov. the more optimistic I become that he will loose.

I'd love to be just as optimistic about it as you. But, since I've been around a very long time. I can safely say...I've seen almost everything in Politics. Both the possible, and impossible, and neither of them made me happy in the end.

I'd prefer to be quietly confident, and not allow my hand to show...just yet.
Things change these days in matters of minutes, and hours since we have the Internet, and Instant TV, 24-7, from all directions.
So. While I do Hope you are correct with your prediction.
I reserve my needs to be vocal about them. Somehow...speaking certain things seem to become reality, some good, some not so good.

Gaffer
06-23-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic myself, but then I think back to the carter days and see so many parallels. In fact his blunders are so huge, even carter didn't screw things up as bad.

Kathianne
06-24-2012, 02:32 AM
For you doubting Thomases:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/registry.asp

blarset
06-24-2012, 08:05 AM
I'm cautiously optimistic myself, but then I think back to the carter days and see so many parallels. In fact his blunders are so huge, even carter didn't screw things up as bad.

I see that in foreign policy. Remember the paper from Jeane J. Kirkpatrick — November 1979?

If your not familiar with it you should take a look at it. The Obama administration has done nothing ground breaking or earth shattering with their foreign policy. In fact they have made some major blunders and appear naive even to the point of doing the same things that have failed in the past. Jean Kirkpatricks paper was used by Regan. I suggest the Romney campaign people take a look at it now, lol ; because the more things change the more they stay the same. Regime change? Been there dabbled in it.

The failure of the Carter administration’s foreign policy is now clear to everyone except its architects, and even they must entertain private doubts, from time to time, about a policy whose crowning achievement has been to lay the groundwork for a transfer of the Panama Canal from the United States to a swaggering Latin dictator of Castroite bent. In the thirty-odd months since the inauguration of Jimmy Carter as President there has occurred a dramatic Soviet military buildup, matched by the stagnation of American armed forces, and a dramatic extension of Soviet influence in the Horn of Africa, Afghanistan, Southern Africa, and the Caribbean, matched by a declining American position in all these areas. The U.S. has never tried so hard and failed so utterly to make and keep friends in the Third World.

http://theamiablehost.com/showthread.php?221-Dictatorships-amp-Double-Standards

taft2012
06-24-2012, 08:17 AM
They should include an option for people to sign over their 401Ks.