PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire town asks Obama campaign to pay for costs of upcoming visit

Shadow
06-24-2012, 07:51 AM
A New Hampshire town is asking the Obama campaign to foot the up to $30,000 bill for the president's upcoming campaign stop in their city.
MyFoxBoston reports the town of Durham is asking Obama's campaign to reimburse the estimated $20,000 to $30,000 needed to fund additional police and fire safety services during his Monday visit to the University of New Hampshire.
"Community leaders do not believe that costs associated with the campaign should be borne by local taxpayers," the release says according to MyFoxBoston.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/24/new-hampshire-town-asks-obama-campaign-to-pay-for-costs-upcoming-visit/?test=latestnews#ixzz1yiNBECWU

SassyLady
06-24-2012, 01:14 PM
A New Hampshire town is asking the Obama campaign to foot the up to $30,000 bill for the president's upcoming campaign stop in their city.
MyFoxBoston reports the town of Durham is asking Obama's campaign to reimburse the estimated $20,000 to $30,000 needed to fund additional police and fire safety services during his Monday visit to the University of New Hampshire.
"Community leaders do not believe that costs associated with the campaign should be borne by local taxpayers," the release says according to MyFoxBoston.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/24/new-hampshire-town-asks-obama-campaign-to-pay-for-costs-upcoming-visit/?test=latestnews#ixzz1yiNBECWU

I'm OK with this, as long as it applies to all politicians that want to stop by. It's a great way to raise revenue.

Missileman
06-24-2012, 01:26 PM
I'm OK with this, as long as it applies to all politicians that want to stop by. It's a great way to raise revenue.

I don't think they're trying to raise money, I think they're trying to keep from sticking taxpayers with a campaign security bill.

aboutime
06-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Those townspeople asking for such a payment should be reminded. Obama still hasn't paid for One lonely woman's gasoline, or her mortgage yet. And that took place back in 2008.

Hope they aren't holding their breath. But if they threaten Obama with Not Voting for him in November. They may just see members of the Black Panthers...arriving at night. Changing the Town's minds, and telling them to STHU!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-24-2012, 04:16 PM
Those townspeople asking for such a payment should be reminded. Obama still hasn't paid for One lonely woman's gasoline, or her mortgage yet. And that took place back in 2008.

Hope they aren't holding their breath. But if they threaten Obama with Not Voting for him in November. They may just see members of the Black Panthers...arriving at night. Changing the Town's minds, and telling them to STHU!

That or Michelle will decide to instruct them personally on what food they must feed their kids!
And possibly also have the school force her choices in the meals the kids eat at lunch. Nothing like Liberal/Socvialist Arrogance on parade I always say.-Tyr

Shadow
06-24-2012, 04:20 PM

They also skipped the bill for the Father's Day BBQ lunch :)

I'm glad these folks have requested he foot the bill though...We have had Obama and Biden here...and they do require overtime for traffic cops/freeways shut down/traffic re routed... etc.

Seems they like to tell us that they repay the taxpayers...they just forget to mention that it's usually at reduced rates when they do. ;)

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_20485981/president-obama-or-candidate-obama-taxpayer-still-pays

ConHog
06-24-2012, 04:29 PM
That or Michelle will decide to instruct them personally on what food they must feed their kids!
And possibly also have the school force her choices in the meals the kids eat at lunch. Nothing like Liberal/Socvialist Arrogance on parade I always say.-Tyr

what do the two topics POSSIBLY have to do with each other?

Nukeman
06-24-2012, 04:44 PM
what do the two topics POSSIBLY have to do with each other?To me its about the hypocrisy of her and her husband and their full time "do as I say not as I do". These two continually tell us how to live our life, how to "pay our fair share" and yet turn around and DON'T do what they say.

I understand its off topic but in a round about sort of way it is about the mentality of the current administration!!!!!

Missileman
06-24-2012, 04:44 PM
what do the two topics POSSIBLY have to do with each other?

You don't suppose Michelle's instruction is free do you? :laugh2:

ConHog
06-24-2012, 04:48 PM
To me its about the hypocrisy of her and her husband and their full time "do as I say not as I do". These two continually tell us how to live our life, how to "pay our fair share" and yet turn around and DON'T do what they say.

I understand its off topic but in a round about sort of way it is about the mentality of the current administration!!!!!

When it comes to children's nutrition I 100% believe that MO is sincere and she doesn't have a single interior motive. I'm not her biggest fan, but credit where credit is due.

Nukeman
06-24-2012, 04:55 PM
When it comes to children's nutrition I 100% believe that MO is sincere and she doesn't have a single interior motive. I'm not her biggest fan, but credit where credit is due.Dude, thats fine but don't tell me one thing than turn around and NOT PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH!!!!!!! Thats called being hypocriticle.. If you can't see that you must be blinded by her message.

I understand folks can put forth a good messge but if they DO NOT back it up with deeds its worthless!!!!!!!!

ConHog
06-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Dude, thats fine but don't tell me one thing than turn around and NOT PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH!!!!!!! Thats called being hypocriticle.. If you can't see that you must be blinded by her message.

I understand folks can put forth a good messge but if they DO NOT back it up with deeds its worthless!!!!!!!!

relax, I agree and have posted many times that overall I agree the Obama's want to live like royalty while lecturing us, the little people. I Was only commenting on the singular issue of children's nutrition, on which I think MO is genuine.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-24-2012, 04:58 PM
To me its about the hypocrisy of her and her husband and their full time "do as I say not as I do". These two continually tell us how to live our life, how to "pay our fair share" and yet turn around and DON'T do what they say.

It is not really too far off topic IMHO. The topc points to the part of the exspense of obama's campaigning being borne by the citizens in towns that he visits. I merely pointed to the lack of care he and his wife have about the costs to we citizens of thier agendas and actions.
Now some will as usual attempt to defend obama and Michelle while claiming not to be their fans. Saw that a lot at another forum, closer it got to this election the more defense those same posters spewed, until it became apparent to most they were indeed big supporters all along. Past experiences , we all have them and draw from them in our decision making/judgements.
Mine tell me that Michelle is the same scum as is her husband!- -Tyr

Shadow
06-24-2012, 05:07 PM
It is not really too far off topic IMHO. The topc points to the part of the exspense of obama's campaigning being borne by the citizens in towns that he visits. I merely pointed to the lack of care he and his wife have about the costs to we citizens of thier agendas and actions.
Now some will as usual attempt to defend obama and Michelle while claiming not to be their fans. Saw that a lot at another forum, closer it got to this election the more defense those same posters spewed, until it became apparent to most they were indeed big supporters all along. Past experiences , we all have them and draw from them in our decision making/judgements.
Mine tell me that Michelle is the same scum as is her husband!- -Tyr

Not all that far off. We the tax payers have been footing the bill for separate plane trips,extravagant dinners etc... for Obama and Michelle (and crew) ever since they have been in Washington. After being told we need to sacrifice...sacrifice...sacrifice.

In my opinion...the towns he visits shouldn't HAVE to request for him and his campaign pay their own way. It should be a given.

Missileman
06-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Not all that far off. We the tax payers have been footing the bill for sepreate plane trips,extravagant dinners etc... for Obama and Michelle (and crew) ever since they have been in Washington. After being told we need to sacrifice...sacrifice...sacrifice.

In my opinion...the towns he visits shouldn't HAVE to request for him and his campaign pay their own way. It should be a given.

Don't forget the 8th Grader's Spring Break vacation to Mexico.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Don't forget the 8th Grader's Spring Break vacation to Mexico.

Even worse, dont forget flying their dog seperately down to where they were at least once that I read about and possibly more than just that once! While telling we citizens to shut up and pinch our pennies! That's ffing ARROGANCE that smacks of pure elitism! What will our resident obama apologist defend that with while claiming not to be a fan of the want -to -be dictator and his lousy wife?-Tyr

Shadow
06-24-2012, 05:41 PM
Even worse, dont forget flying their dog seperately down to where they were at least once that I read about and possibly more than just that once! While telling we citizens to shut up and pinch our pennies! That's ffing ARROGANCE that smacks of pure elitism! What will our resident obama apologist defend that with while claiming not to be a fan of the want -to -be dictator and his lousy wife?-Tyr

Hello!!! The hits about this administrations arrogance just keep on coming daily. New scheme...send his campaign money instead of gifts to your friends and family for their WEDDING. This man is a clown. :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Hello!!! The hits about this administrations arrogance just keep on coming daily. New scheme...send his campaign money instead of gifts to your friends and family for their WEDDING. This man is a clown. :laugh:

That he surely is but also he is a destroyer! And that far outweighs his clown acts by far!
We as a nation , as a culture and as freedom loving citizens simply can not endure this man another term! -Tyr

aboutime
06-24-2012, 06:03 PM
They also skipped the bill for the Father's Day BBQ lunch :)

I'm glad these folks have requested he foot the bill though...We have had Obama and Biden here...and they do require overtime for traffic cops/freeways shut down/traffic re routed... etc.

Seems they like to tell us that they repay the taxpayers...they just forget to mention that it's usually at reduced rates when they do. ;)

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_20485981/president-obama-or-candidate-obama-taxpayer-still-pays

Despite all the promises Obama and Company might make. The very BEST payment Americans will get, across the board. Will be when Obama Loses in November. At a HIGHLY REDUCED rate.

ConHog
06-24-2012, 06:04 PM
That he surely is but also he is a destroyer! And that far outweighs his clown acts by far!
We as a nation , as a culture and as freedom loving citizens simply can not endure this man another term! -Tyr

You sure don't have much faith in our country if you think we can't endure this. Either that or you're being overly dramatic.

Kathianne
06-24-2012, 06:11 PM
You sure don't have much faith in our country if you think we can't endure this. Either that or you're being overly dramatic.

At least Churchill recognized that to get US help, the era of Empire was doomed. Obama promises such, you and others are just ignoring what's at stake.

PostmodernProphet
06-25-2012, 06:37 AM
wouldn't the simpler solution be to not provide additional police or fire protection?......