PDA

View Full Version : Summer road trip thread

gabosaurus
06-24-2012, 11:07 PM
Since we are doing the old fashioned Summer Road Trip starting this Friday, I thought I would ask for recollections (or plans) of past/future road trips.
I have gone on many of them, but never done one with my daughter. My husband has a bad back and can't go, so this will be a mother/daughter journey to Texas. Where we will visit my best friend and her family in Austin, goes to Schlitterbaun in New Braunfels and finally up to Dallas to visit relatives. My friend Katie and her husband are moving to Southern California (smart people :cool: ) and we are driving back with them.

Won't be the same as the awesome month-long tour of America I took with three friends after my HS graduation in 1992, but should yield some great moments.

ConHog
06-24-2012, 11:35 PM
Since we are doing the old fashioned Summer Road Trip starting this Friday, I thought I would ask for recollections (or plans) of past/future road trips.
I have gone on many of them, but never done one with my daughter. My husband has a bad back and can't go, so this will be a mother/daughter journey to Texas. Where we will visit my best friend and her family in Austin, goes to Schlitterbaun in New Braunfels and finally up to Dallas to visit relatives. My friend Katie and her husband are moving to Southern California (smart people :cool: ) and we are driving back with them.

Won't be the same as the awesome month-long tour of America I took with three friends after my HS graduation in 1992, but should yield some great moments.

So turns out your three years younger than me and calling me an old man? Lol

logroller
06-25-2012, 12:17 AM
So turns out your three years younger than me and calling me an old man? Lol
I'm three years younger than her and I feel like an old man. Fwiw, I think she said old-er. But I don't know; was it prefaced with dirty or perv? :poke: