PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary

jimnyc
06-25-2012, 01:24 PM
This Friday will be our 18th Wedding Anniversary between the wifey and I. I know it ain't the 25 or 50, but 18's a pretty long time. We know one another TOO well at this point and generally know what the other one is thinking. Not many stones left unturned. Can certainly us a spark though! Our son just ended the 6th grade and will be 12 this year. Life and the home has been centered around him since the day he was born. Far from spoiled, but enough to ensure he's raised properly. But not a lot of time was dedicated to "us", if any at all. We both shared a decent alone time, me more than her, as I would go visit family in Jersey or down South by myself. I dunno, just venting and reflecting a bit.

With that said, can someone revive this thread on Friday, as Lord knows I'll forget - again! :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
06-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Congratulations, Jim & wife!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-25-2012, 05:19 PM
This Friday will be our 18th Wedding Anniversary between the wifey and I. I know it ain't the 25 or 50, but 18's a pretty long time. We know one another TOO well at this point and generally know what the other one is thinking. Not many stones left unturned. Can certainly us a spark though! Our son just ended the 6th grade and will be 12 this year. Life and the home has been centered around him since the day he was born. Far from spoiled, but enough to ensure he's raised properly. But not a lot of time was dedicated to "us", if any at all. We both shared a decent alone time, me more than her, as I would go visit family in Jersey or down South by myself. I dunno, just venting and reflecting a bit.

With that said, can someone revive this thread on Friday, as Lord knows I'll forget - again! :laugh2:

bad Jimmy -forget!:laugh:
I forgot our second year Wedding Anniversary and was lucky that my older sister called me that afternoon asking what I was doing for my wife! I took off work early and made errands buying gifts etc and got myself out of a lot of trouble with some quick last minute hustling, the wife never knew. -Tyr

darin
06-26-2012, 05:44 AM
That's great Jim! Kudos for hanging on. :)

Can it really be this long since we "met" on USMB back in the day? Was that 2004? 2005? geesh. Where has time taken us?

jimnyc
06-26-2012, 09:00 AM
That's great Jim! Kudos for hanging on. :)

Can it really be this long since we "met" on USMB back in the day? Was that 2004? 2005? geesh. Where has time taken us?

Might have even been earlier, can't remember for sure. The 'original' site, then the actual domain for USMB, was started in 2003. Regardless, we've been doing this gig together for like 8-9 years now! Damn, that's half my marriage! LOL

Trigg
06-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Congrats!!!!!!!

SassyLady
06-26-2012, 04:53 PM
Woohoooo Jim & wife!!

gabosaurus
06-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Might have even been earlier, can't remember for sure. The 'original' site, then the actual domain for USMB, was started in 2003. Regardless, we've been doing this gig together for like 8-9 years now! Damn, that's half my marriage! LOL

Wow, I can't believe I have been a thorn in your side for that long... :rolleyes:

jimnyc
06-26-2012, 07:09 PM
Wow, I can't believe I have been a thorn in your side for that long... :rolleyes:

Do you remember when you first found us on USMB? I've disliked you longer than many people in my real life! :lol:

Seriously though, we've been here through births, marriages, anniversaries, adoptions & even lost family found. Odd how people that never met one another can 'share' these experiences and we all feel a little connected at times.

aboutime
06-26-2012, 07:13 PM
That says much about your character, determination, and dedication to the one you love.

Thanks for reminding me. Gotta brag a little here. My wife and I are looking at 44 years in March of next year.

Someday. I'll wake up, and trade her in for two 22 year olds. Shhhhh..Don't tell her I said that!

Seriously jimney. Congratulations, and now look forward to the next 18.

ConHog
06-26-2012, 07:15 PM
That woman must be a damned saint. Just sayin........:clap:

jimnyc
06-26-2012, 07:18 PM
That says much about your character, determination, and dedication to the one you love.

Thanks for reminding me. Gotta brag a little here. My wife and I are looking at 44 years in March of next year.

Someday. I'll wake up, and trade her in for two 22 year olds. Shhhhh..Don't tell her I said that!

Seriously jimney. Congratulations, and now look forward to the next 18.

Wow, that's a long time, 6 more and you reach the level that only few do! Congrats to you!

gabosaurus
06-26-2012, 07:24 PM
That woman must be a damned saint. Just sayin........:clap:

A saint who doesn't share her boobies...