PDA

View Full Version : A great reason to NOT buy ANYTHING from Apple

-Cp
05-23-2007, 11:07 AM
Apple CEO Steve Jobs has stated that Al Gore, an Apple board member and former US vice-president, would win the presidency if he ran for election.

"If he ran, there's no question in my mind that he would be elected," Jobs told Time magazine. "But I think there's a question in his mind, perhaps because the pain of the last election runs a lot deeper than he lets most of us see."

Gore has campaigned to persuade people to address the growing threat of climate change, which could cause environmental collapse.

"We have dug ourselves into a 20-foot hole, and we need somebody who knows how to build a ladder. Al's the guy," Jobs also told Newsweek. "Like many others, I have tried my best to convince him. So far, no luck."

Gore is known to be the Silicon Valley favourite for running for president on the Democratic ticket. Other Democratic hopefuls, Hilary Clinton and Barack Obama, don't seem to have captured the level of support among America's tech-industry elite.

Gore almost succeeded in becoming president in the past. In a contentious election in 2000 he won the popular vote but lost the election, ushering in the era of George Bush.

The man puts his money where his mouth is: profits from his film, An Inconvenient Truth to the Alliance for Climate Protection.

Despite popular support, Gore maintains he has no plans to run for president.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?newsid=9447

Birdzeye
05-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Apple CEO Steve Jobs has stated that Al Gore, an Apple board member and former US vice-president, would win the presidency if he ran for election.

"If he ran, there's no question in my mind that he would be elected," Jobs told Time magazine. "But I think there's a question in his mind, perhaps because the pain of the last election runs a lot deeper than he lets most of us see."

Gore has campaigned to persuade people to address the growing threat of climate change, which could cause environmental collapse.

"We have dug ourselves into a 20-foot hole, and we need somebody who knows how to build a ladder. Al's the guy," Jobs also told Newsweek. "Like many others, I have tried my best to convince him. So far, no luck."

Gore is known to be the Silicon Valley favourite for running for president on the Democratic ticket. Other Democratic hopefuls, Hilary Clinton and Barack Obama, don't seem to have captured the level of support among America's tech-industry elite.

Gore almost succeeded in becoming president in the past. In a contentious election in 2000 he won the popular vote but lost the election, ushering in the era of George Bush.

The man puts his money where his mouth is: profits from his film, An Inconvenient Truth to the Alliance for Climate Protection.

Despite popular support, Gore maintains he has no plans to run for president.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?newsid=9447

I don't give a rip about Steve Jobs's politics. The only way I'll get rid of my iMac is when I buy the latest iMac.

-Cp
05-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Well that's cause you're a lib - only a lib could enjoy something as lame as an iMac.....

mrg666
05-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Apple Computer announced today that it has developed a computer chip
that can store and play music in women's breast implants. The i-Breast
will cost $499 to $599.

This is considered to be a major breakthrough because women are always
complaining about men staring at their breasts and not listening to
them.

-Cp
05-23-2007, 11:22 AM
will cost $499 to $599.

them.

LMAO!!!

5stringJeff
05-23-2007, 11:31 AM
will cost $499 to $599.

them.

:laugh2: :clap: :clap: :clap: :laugh2:

Hobbit
05-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Here's one thing PC users can do that Mac users can't.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/stfu2.jpg

I must admit, though, that I grew up on a Mac, and I love the things, but I'm a gamer, and gaming companies don't always have a Mac release. I still remember waiting most of a year after its original release just to get Warcraft II.

Oh, and here's a link the full article the picture is from.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cant

Birdzeye
05-23-2007, 12:08 PM
Here's one thing PC users can do that Mac users can't.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/stfu2.jpg

I must admit, though, that I grew up on a Mac, and I love the things, but I'm a gamer, and gaming companies don't always have a Mac release. I still remember waiting most of a year after its original release just to get Warcraft II.

Oh, and here's a link the full article the picture is from.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cant

That's the one complaint I have about the Mac. The best quilting graphics software is not Mac compatible, as well as some other software that I'd like to have.

OTOH, I've had no viruses (knock on wood) and it gives me fewer headaches than the Windoze thing I have to work with in the office.

Monkeybone
05-23-2007, 12:15 PM
i have a PC and i have never had any viruses or problems. and if they are so great then why do ppl make XP run on them?

Hobbit
05-23-2007, 12:25 PM
i have a PC and i have never had any viruses or problems. and if they are so great then why do ppl make XP run on them?

Like I said, because there are a lot of programs that just aren't made for Mac OS. It's Steve Jobs' fault, too, because he got too greedy back in the day and charged liscensing fees to make programs on Mac OS while Bill Gates let anybody and everybody program for DOS, which is why the majority of home computers used DOS, even though something that was far superior to what Windows is now was available as an alternative.

Abbey Marie
05-23-2007, 01:11 PM
will cost $499 to $599.

them.

:laugh2: