PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi Trashes the Uninsured: 'Free Riders'

jimnyc
06-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Now that the Supreme Court has concluded that Obamacare is a tax, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi has trashed the uninsured--those whom the Affordable Care Act was supposed to benefit--as "free riders." Pelosi, speaking to Audie Cornish of National Public Radio, explained that new taxes were necessary because some (many?) of the uninsured actively choose not to buy health insurance, even though they can afford it.

Pelosi's change in attitude towards the uninsured is a complete about-face from the rhetoric that she and the Democrats used in pushing for the massive legislation in 2009-10. Then, Democrats bombarded Americans with heart-wrenching stories--many of them false, particularly those told by President Barack Obama--about the 30, 40, or 50 million people without health insurance. Those who pointed to research that over 40 percent of the uninsured were "voluntary" were dismissed as heartless corporate shills or racists.

Today, Pelosi tells us that the uninsured deserve our contempt because they impose a cost on all of us when they show up injured or ill in the hospital. They are "free riders," she said, and the new taxes in Obamacare are needed to solve the problems they create. That almost sounds like a conservative argument--but it does not explain why the health insurance system has to be overhauled for the other 300-million-plus Americans.

The truth is that Pelosi does not care about the uninsured. Nor does she care about raising taxes, which she is happy to do. And the wealthy, insider-trading Pelosi surely does not believe her rhetoric about how House Republicans who plan to repeal Obamacare are mere tools of the insurance industry. What her remarks reveal is the true agenda of Obama and the Democrats: control of health care, of the economy, of the lives of others.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/06/28/Pelosi-Trashes-the-Uninsured-Free-Riders

ConHog
06-28-2012, 05:59 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/06/28/Pelosi-Trashes-the-Uninsured-Free-Riders

I still pledge my vote to Obama if we could stop hearing from this woman.

aboutime
06-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Wonder if Pelosi knows how that new Obamacare tax will affect her BOTOX treatments?

Does BOTOX fall under Existing Conditions as well?

Nancy makes me feel ill. The only remedy for seeing Pelosi is a good Barf.

Thunderknuckles
06-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Pelosi is a witch.

"taxes were necessary because some (many?) of the uninsured actively choose not to buy health insurance, even though they can afford it."

That's what scares me about many Democrats. If you can afford it, they expect you fork out the money. If you don't, you're a jerk for saving your own money.
Even worse is it doesn't work in the opposite direction as in, if you can't afford it don't pay for it.
No, they'll just go out and tax the people who can afford it to pay for you too.

ConHog
06-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Pelosi is a witch.

"taxes were necessary because some (many?) of the uninsured actively choose not to buy health insurance, even though they can afford it."

That's what scares me about many Democrats. If you can afford it, they expect you fork out the money. If you don't, you're a jerk for saving your own money.
Even worse is it doesn't work in the opposite direction as in, if you can't afford it don't pay for it.
No, they'll just go out and tax the people who can afford it to pay for you too.

Kinda crazy eh.............

Roo
06-28-2012, 06:22 PM
Kinda crazy eh.............

Con if you were a true Patriot you give Pelosi the f**k of her lfe...it would straighten her right out.

Thunderknuckles
06-28-2012, 06:26 PM
Con if you were a true Patriot you give Pelosi the f**k of her lfe...it would straighten her right out.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

ConHog
06-28-2012, 06:28 PM

I don't feel very patriotic then I guess. :lol:

logroller
06-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Oh, the irony.

fj1200
06-29-2012, 08:41 AM
Well, they are free-riders insomuch as they don't pay insurance and then rely on taxpayers/insureds to cover their bill when they get sick. But we know who allows that behavior. ;)