PDA

View Full Version : Obamacare's Impact on Businesses & the Economy

red states rule
06-29-2012, 03:20 PM
Obamacare should do wonders for small business owners, thier employers, and the millions looking for work in the Obama economy.

http://youtu.be/MLjxbG4rjHU

aboutime
06-29-2012, 05:44 PM
Obamacare should do wonders for small business owners, thier employers, and the millions looking for work in the Obama economy.

http://youtu.be/MLjxbG4rjHU

The holiday weekend, up till the 4th, will be a period of celebration for Obama and the Dumb Dems in Congress.
But. We're all gonna see the newest Unemployment numbers next week. Right after the holiday is over. And I suspect.
The numbers won't be anything for obama to write home about. But I can promise you this....,OBAMA will blame the lousy. low numbers still at 8.2 percent on the Summer Holiday period when everyone (WHO CAN AFFORD IT) will be on vacations.
Mark my words on that.

red states rule
06-29-2012, 05:46 PM
The holiday weekend, up till the 4th, will be a period of celebration for Obama and the Dumb Dems in Congress.
But. We're all gonna see the newest Unemployment numbers next week. Right after the holiday is over. And I suspect.
The numbers won't be anything for obama to write home about. But I can promise you this....,OBAMA will blame the lousy. low numbers still at 8.2 percent on the Summer Holiday period when everyone (WHO CAN AFFORD IT) will be on vacations.
Mark my words on that.

and that number will go up as employers reduce the umber of workers to lessen the impact of Obamacare

If I was an employer anyone with an Obama bumber sticker on their car/truck would at the top of the layoff list

ConHog
06-29-2012, 06:54 PM
and that number will go up as employers reduce the umber of workers to lessen the impact of Obamacare

If I was an employer anyone with an Obama bumber sticker on their car/truck would at the top of the layoff list

Why are employers going to lay off employees in relation to Obamacare?

red states rule
06-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Why are employers going to lay off employees in relation to Obamacare?

You must not have taken Economics 101

I know they speak English in the video

I do not time to teach you the basics of finance CH

ConHog
06-29-2012, 07:55 PM
You must not have taken Economics 101

I know they speak English in the video

I do not time to teach you the basics of finance CH

who asked you to do so?

In your own words simply tell me why employers will be laying off employees due to ObamaCare.

Kathianne
06-29-2012, 11:29 PM
who asked you to do so?

In your own words simply tell me why employers will be laying off employees due to ObamaCare.

No slight to RSR, but I think Scott Brown does a very good job of explaining:

http://bostonglobe.com/opinion/2012/06/28/supreme-courth-health-care-ruling-bad-for-nation-and-for-massachusetts/i7G0ghvXkPTirPSQOklP4H/story.html

Federal health care law doesn’t help state or the nation <!-- By Line Section --> <!---->By Scott Brown | <!-- web pub date June 29, 2012 --> June 29, 2012

All that changed with the federal law, which delivers no substantial additional benefits to Massachusetts — just higher costs, higher taxes, more regulations, fewer choices, and new federal spending of $2.6 trillion.

The state gets higher costs, higher taxes, more regulations, and fewer choices. It is bad for the economy, and it hurts seniors and the middle class.

The law is bad for jobs. It raises 18 new taxes, including the job-killing medical device tax, which affects more than 400 medical device companies in Massachusetts. The tax has caused layoffs and hiring freezes in this key growth industry. Across the nation, small businesses that want to grow their workforce above 50 employees face daunting new regulations and much higher costs under the federal law. This creates a major disincentive to hire. In France, where there is a similar threshold for various regulations, there are almost three times as many businesses that have exactly 49 employees as there are with 50 or 51 workers.

The law also hurts seniors. Senior citizens are bracing for more than half a trillion in Medicare cuts — including to Medicare Advantage plans — that were used to offset the law’s massive increase in federal spending. Any Medicare savings we find should be used to make Medicare more solvent rather than paying for a new entitlement.

Costs are rising faster than ever in many cases. According to data from the Kaiser Family Foundation, family health care premiums have risen from $12,680 in 2008 to $15,073 in 2011, despite the administration’s promises that premiums would go down by $2,500 if the bill was passed. The Congressional Budget Office now projects that the new insurance mandates will soon raise premiums on the individual market by an additional $2,100 per family.

College students from middle-class families, for example, are particularly vulnerable to these cost increases. As a result of the law, many colleges and universities that once offered affordable health care plans to students have seen prices rise so much in two years that they have dropped their health plans altogether. Other schools are raising their premiums as much as 50 percent to comply with the new requirements. So much for the “Affordable” Care Act.

We need to remember that our Founding Fathers, when drafting the Constitution, purposefully empowered state governments, and limited the powers of the federal government. They understood that centralizing too much power in a national capital would grow the distance between the people and their elected officials, reduce accountability, and lead to abuses of power. The health care law violates this principle. Procedural tricks were used to pass the law on a party-line vote in the face of opposition from a majority of Americans. New bureaucrats in Washington, hired by the Department of Health and Human Services, as well as the unelected members of the Independent Payment Advisory Board, now get to start making key health care decisions about our care.

That’s what happens when we try to force heavy-handed Washington solutions on problems that require flexibility and creative approaches undertaken at the state level. The health care law should be repealed. We must preserve the right of states to develop and implement health care solutions that meet the unique needs of local citizens, as we were able to do in Massachusetts.

red states rule
07-01-2012, 05:05 AM
No slight to RSR, but I think Scott Brown does a very good job of explaining:

http://bostonglobe.com/opinion/2012/06/28/supreme-courth-health-care-ruling-bad-for-nation-and-for-massachusetts/i7G0ghvXkPTirPSQOklP4H/story.html

Thanks Kat.

But if some do not get it with videos explaining the bacis of Economics 101, I doubt if they will get it when they have to read

fj1200
07-03-2012, 09:51 AM
Thanks Kat.

But if some do not get it with videos explaining the bacis of Economics 101, I doubt if they will get it when they have to read

So why don't you answer the question? Anyone can post a video.

ConHog
07-03-2012, 11:22 AM
So why don't you answer the question? Anyone can post a video.

*raises hand* because he's simply regurgitating things he's read on conservatives blogs , but doesn't understand well enough to "explain?"

Kathianne
07-03-2012, 11:25 AM
*raises hand* because he's simply regurgitating things he's read on conservatives blogs , but doesn't understand well enough to "explain?"

What does 'reading conservative blogs' have to do with posting a video or not responding to questions? I guess you just wanted to 'jab a little' on this thread? FJ is quite able to make his own points.

red states rule
07-04-2012, 06:51 AM

Only a tool like oyu would ignore the words of a man who owns many restaurants, has to meet a payroll, and has run the numbers and knows how Obamacre will harm his botom line.

Of course in your mind, you could run his many shops much better then he could, You are also the one who did not blame the OWS hippies from putting a restaraunt out of business as they blocked access to the business

You attacked the owner for not saving enough money and said he was a poor business planner

So it is clear anyone trying to explain basic economics to you is wasting their time. I did think perhaps a video might get thru to you - but alas - I was wrong on that assumption