PDA

View Full Version : Creation Museum

Hobbit
05-23-2007, 11:54 AM
For when you're kids aren't awkward or screwed up enough, just take them to the creation museum and watch how maladjusted they are when they grow up thinking the Earth is a mere 6000 years old, and who can forget the Jesus and the dinosaurs exhibit. Really, what the hell is wrong with some people?

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,274216,00.html

Hagbard Celine
05-23-2007, 12:01 PM
I wonder if they would throw you out for making fun of the exhibits?

Hobbit
05-23-2007, 12:05 PM
I wonder if they would throw you out for making fun of the exhibits?

I wouldn't put it past 'em.

Hagbard Celine
05-23-2007, 12:15 PM
I wouldn't put it past 'em.

I read a great editorial in Esquire magazine a few months ago titled "Greetings From Idiot America" about the upcoming creation museum. Here's a link if you're interested:
http://www.aboyandhiscomputer.com/Greetings_from_Idiot_America.html

Hobbit
05-23-2007, 12:22 PM
I read a great editorial in Esquire magazine a few months ago titled "Greetings From Idiot America" about the upcoming creation museum. Here's a link if you're interested:
http://www.aboyandhiscomputer.com/Greetings_from_Idiot_America.html

Amusing, but I don't like the way he dumps 'intelligent design' in with these nutjobs. Intelligent design is a far broader theory [than young Earth creationism] that, despite critics' claims, doesn't pretend to be absolute, unquestionable fact.

Psychoblues
05-23-2007, 11:35 PM
There is a market for everything. Broken fruit jars sell well on US 72.

gabosaurus
05-24-2007, 01:37 AM
Why not? I live about a mile from Disneyland. It makes a fortune selling fantasies to people.

-Cp
05-24-2007, 03:26 AM
For when you're kids aren't awkward or screwed up enough, just take them to the creation museum and watch how maladjusted they are when they grow up thinking the Earth is a mere 6000 years old, and who can forget the Jesus and the dinosaurs exhibit. Really, what the hell is wrong with some people?

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,274216,00.html

What's wrong with them having a different interpetation based on the same evidence ALL science has available?

5stringJeff
06-02-2007, 12:52 PM
What's wrong with them having a different interpetation based on the same evidence ALL science has available?

When that interpretation has to dramatically alter the speed of light in order to work, it's hardly a realistic one.

Hobbit
06-04-2007, 12:20 PM

Observable phenomenon have show a constant decay rate of radioactive carbon. Radioactive carbon shows that no dinosaur fossil ever found was less that many millions of years old. In addition, no historical records portray or mention dinosaurs, and even dragon myths had faded by the time of Jesus. Dinosaurs roaming the Earth during the time of Jesus is very much over the line. It's ludicrous.

Gaffer
06-04-2007, 04:47 PM

Science isn't an interpretation. It's a study of facts.

H2O is water. That's a fact. Not an interpretation.

gabosaurus
06-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Dinosaurs roaming the Earth during the time of Jesus is very much over the line. It's ludicrous.

Oh yeah? Let us consult the Gospel of Bill (i.e. the late great Bill Hicks)

And Jesus and the disciples walked down the path toward Nazareth, but found the path blocked by the giant Brontosaurus, with a splinter in his paw. And the disciples did run a-screaming.
"What a big fuckin' lizard, Lord!"
"I'm sure gonna mention this in my book," said Luke
"Well, I'm sure gonna mention this in MY book," said Matthew.
"I'm not sure what I saw," said Thomas.
Timothy nudged him and said "It was a big fuckin' lizard, eh Thomas?"
But Jesus was unafraid, and he took the splinter from the Brontosauras' paw, and the Brontosaurus became his friend. And Jesus sent him to Scotland to live in a loch, where he has spent oh so many years attracting fat American family willing to spend their American dollars.

When people tell me the earth is 12,000 years old, I say "Come on man, dinosaur fossils! What's the deal?"
The guy says "God put those there to test our faith!"
Does that bother anyone? The idea that God might be fuckin' with our heads? Anyone have trouble believing that God would be running around, burying fossils?
"Ho Ho Ho, We'll see who really believes in me now! I'm a prankster God! I am killing me! Let's see you die and go to St. Peter."

"Do you believe in dinosaurs?"
"Well, yeah, there were fossils everywhere..."
aughhhhhhhhhh!!
"What are you, an idiot? God was fuckin' with you! Giant flying lizards? You moron! That's one of God's easiest jokes! Down to the lake of fire with you!"