PDA

View Full Version : Don Grady dies at 68; Mouseketeer, 'My Three Sons' star

Shadow
06-30-2012, 09:44 AM
Don Grady, who sang and danced as a Mouseketeer on "The Mickey Mouse Club," played son Robbie on the long-running family sitcom "My Three Sons," and later became a composer and songwriter, died Wednesday. He was 68.
Grady died at his home in Thousand Oaks after a four-year battle with cancer, said his wife, Ginny.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jun/28/local/la-me-don-grady-20120628

A little further down on the page is a list of facts about his life and career. Sad News.

jimnyc
06-30-2012, 09:51 AM
I must admit, there was a time growing up that I loved that show. I still think it's a great show for your kids growing up, as it teaches a lot of good things, as opposed to today's television which teaches them to eat and be drunk at the beach!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-30-2012, 10:54 AM
That was a great show. Our family watched it because it taught honesty, honor and guiding principles for young and old alike. My dad liked it rating it even above Bonanza! -Tyr

Shadow
06-30-2012, 11:11 AM
I was pretty young when it first aired...I mainly remember the Dodie years...(Leif Garrett's little sister). I did later watch in it reruns though. Robby was a hunk :)

A lot of the original cast seemed to have a Disney background also. Didn't the original oldest brother Mike...start out in the Shaggy Dog? Anyway...my favorite episodes were the ones after the brothers started getting married...Robby's wife having triplets etc... Good show.