PDA

View Full Version : The most important difference between the mandate being a "tax" insead of a "penalty"

Little-Acorn
06-30-2012, 12:46 PM
The most important difference between Obamacare's mandate being a "tax" instead of a "penalty"?

If it had been honestly described as a tax, many of the Senators and Representatives who voted for it, wouldn't have. Most of them said straight out at the time, that if the program increased taxes, they would vote NO.

If the liberals had admitted it was a tax, Obamacare would never have passed in the first place.

DragonStryk72
06-30-2012, 11:16 PM
The most important difference between Obamacare's mandate being a "tax" instead of a "penalty"?

If it had been honestly described as a tax, many of the Senators and Representatives who voted for it, wouldn't have. Most of them said straight out at the time, that if the program increased taxes, they would vote NO.

If the liberals had admitted it was a tax, Obamacare would never have passed in the first place.

Strictly speaking then, Obamacare shouldn't be in effect, since it was incorrectly billed. Personally, I think it should have to go be put back through, without the obfuscation.

Little-Acorn
06-30-2012, 11:28 PM
Strictly speaking then, Obamacare shouldn't be in effect, since it was incorrectly billed. Personally, I think it should have to go be put back through, without the obfuscation.

Nevah happen.

You'd spend your time better pursuing other plans.

Like working to elect Republicans to COngress and the Presidency, to repeal Obamacare.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-30-2012, 11:54 PM
Which has been my point about Roberts's insane ruling. He chose instead to rewrite it as a tax bill instead of striking it down and letting it be voted on again. He short circuited the process by being a political activist instead of an honorable Supreme court judge. My opinion is that he obviously chose the most important legislation to reveal his treason . For it is unconstitutional as hell and his being the deciding vote doesnt not make the other four judges idiots or wrong! It does reveal a lot about him however. Like he sought and found the best excuse he could to try to cover his treachery. That fails in that his view about it not being the courts job to protect the voters from the mistakes made by their representatives wasnt held when the arizonia law was considered and his tax validation should not apply as it was not a tax bill? He was like a hooker trying to explain why she is really a fine person beset with troubles nobody else understands thus her job choice is really honorable! Only a very naive person would think that he truly was being honorable and acting with integrity IMHO.-Tyr