PDA

View Full Version : Strassel: Axelrod's ObamaCare Dollars

Shadow
07-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Rewind to 2009. The fight over ObamaCare is raging, and a few news outlets report that something looks ethically rotten in the White House. An outside group funded by industry is paying the former firm of senior presidential adviser David Axelrod to run ads in favor of the bill. That firm, AKPD Message and Media, still owes Mr. Axelrod money and employs his son.
The story quickly died, but emails recently released by the House Energy and Commerce Committee ought to resurrect it. The emails suggest the White House was intimately involved both in creating this lobby and hiring Mr. Axelrod's firm—which is as big an ethical no-no as it gets.
Mr. Axelrod—who left the White House last year—started AKPD in 1985. The firm earned millions helping run Barack Obama's 2008 campaign. Mr. Axelrod moved to the White House in 2009 and agreed to have AKPD buy him out for $2 million. But AKPD chose to pay Mr. Axelrod in annual installments—even as he worked in the West Wing. This agreement somehow passed muster with the Office of Government Ethics, though the situation at the very least should have walled off AKPD from working on White-House priorities.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304765304577480871706139792.html

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Rewind to 2009. The fight over ObamaCare is raging, and a few news outlets report that something looks ethically rotten in the White House. An outside group funded by industry is paying the former firm of senior presidential adviser David Axelrod to run ads in favor of the bill. That firm, AKPD Message and Media, still owes Mr. Axelrod money and employs his son.
The story quickly died, but emails recently released by the House Energy and Commerce Committee ought to resurrect it. The emails suggest the White House was intimately involved both in creating this lobby and hiring Mr. Axelrod's firm—which is as big an ethical no-no as it gets.
Mr. Axelrod—who left the White House last year—started AKPD in 1985. The firm earned millions helping run Barack Obama's 2008 campaign. Mr. Axelrod moved to the White House in 2009 and agreed to have AKPD buy him out for $2 million. But AKPD chose to pay Mr. Axelrod in annual installments—even as he worked in the West Wing. This agreement somehow passed muster with the Office of Government Ethics, though the situation at the very least should have walled off AKPD from working on White-House priorities.

The nest of vipers has no clean or safe resting place. History a few decades from now if this nation survives will record obama and his crew's corruption as making TEAPOT DOME look like a walk in the pure wind driven snow in comparison.TZ

Roo
07-01-2012, 03:37 PM

Good taste in music AND brains,impressive. :)

Shadow
07-01-2012, 04:09 PM
The nest of vipers has no clean or safe resting place. History a few decades from now if this nation survives will record obama and his crew's corruption as making TEAPOT DOME look like a walk in the pure wind driven snow in comparison.TZ

Yep... this is the same company credited for inventing 'astroturfing'. And that hired online posters (and hackers) and then flooded the internet political sights during the last election (Axelrod made 1.5 million on the Obama campaign...800K of that through this firm). Long history of such...going clear back to 1985. Here is an earlier article talking about some of the other political astroturf campaigns he worked on (and made millions doing it).

http://www.wnd.com/2009/04/95744/

Not sure why anyone would be suprised that this administration would use these 'unethical' practices now to push legislation...he did it to get elected afterall.

aboutime
07-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Yep... this is the same company credited for inventing 'astroturfing'. And that hired online posters (and hackers) and then flooded the internet political sights during the last election (Axelrod made 1.5 million on the Obama campaign...800K of that through this firm). Long history of such...going clear back to 1985. Here is an earlier article talking about some of the other political astroturf campaigns he worked on (and made millions doing it).

http://www.wnd.com/2009/04/95744/

Not sure why anyone would be suprised that this administration would use these 'unethical' practices now to push legislation...he did it to get elected afterall.

Shadow. You mean to tell us the Obama administration has used unethical practices?

Say it isn't so. Please? All of this time. Since I DID NOT VOTE for Obama. People have been telling me how wrong I am about him. And they've even called me a Racist. Not to mention...direct from lips of Napalitano....that I am also qualified to be an Inbred Terrorist suspect...despite my 30 years of Service to this great nation.
NOW....what can I do?
Nobody trusts me,
everybody hates me.
Might as well go eat WORMS.