PDA

View Full Version : Heat Wave A Result Of Global Warming

red states rule
07-02-2012, 07:46 AM
It did not take long, but the enviro wackos are bellowing their grobal warming crap once again.

Sorry to say this time it is a trained "meteorologist" from a DC TV station

http://youtu.be/i0wNbsy5h4A

revelarts
07-02-2012, 08:05 AM
Lol

red states rule
07-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Yea

101 and 102 degrees NOT global wamring

104 and higher - YES!!!! It is global warming

What a fool and the idiots that pay atention to him

revelarts
07-02-2012, 08:15 AM
Wasn't the reason they STOPPED calling it "global warming" because the temps did NOT show warming overall. so they changed it to "global climate change" to cover their bu.. ...I mean ...to cover every conceivable weather option. no matter what happens man IS the cause and we gonna die, if we don't stop breathing and farting.

red states rule
07-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Wasn't the reason they STOPPED calling it "global warming" because the temps did NOT show warming overall. so they changed it to "global climate change" to cover their bu.. ...I mean ...to cover every conceivable weather option. no matter what happens man IS the cause and we gonna die, if we don't stop breathing and farting.

In the 70's it was global cooling and the coming Ice Age

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hUqhilguoPs/TRunydGXRrI/AAAAAAAAGNU/d9d6BJX6RA8/s1600/time1.bmp

Then it waqs global wamring

http://img.timeinc.net/time/magazine/archive/covers/2006/1101060403_400.jpg

Now it is cliamte change so ANY bad weather can be used as example to expand the size and cost of government

aboutime
07-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Yea

What a fool and the idiots that pay atention to him

Global warming is Pure Al Gore BS.

I have been on this Earth since 1947.
The first HOT SUMMER I remember was somewhere around 1950, or 51, and I can remember being told by my Mother. All we had was One Noisy Fan in the living room.
In fact. A neighbor lent the fan to us because my mother was pregnant with my brother, and the heat was terrible.
Growing up. Every Summer was terribly hot, and usually in the 90's, or hotter. And I lived in the suburbs of Philadelphia, Pa.

So. For all of MY years. Every Summer has been just as hot as I can recall while growing up.
Funny thing is. Back then. When I started elementary school.
The so-called Scientists of the day were claiming "The EARTH is COOLING".

So. My interpretation is. The Earth hasn't changed. Just the Dumbness of people who insist it is...For their Financial Benefit. PERIOD

red states rule
07-02-2012, 02:07 PM
In honor Al here is a global warming tune

http://youtu.be/oZrhG2iT3H0

ConHog
07-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Frankly, who doesn't agree that the world climate is constantly changing? Of course it is.

The real question is whether anything we are doing effects that in anyway.

red states rule
07-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Frankly, who doesn't agree that the world climate is constantly changing? Of course it is.

The real question is whether anything we are doing effects that in anyway.

And that was stressed in the OP

Sad how the local weather must now be PC and coddle to the enviro wackos

ConHog
07-02-2012, 02:43 PM
And that was stressed in the OP

Sad how the local weather must now be PC and coddle to the enviro wackos

What was stressed in the OP? Who cares where they draw a line and say "this is global warming?" What does that have to do with the price of tuna? Every line has to be drawn somewhere.

Do you disagree that the climate is changing? I know it is, does that make me an environmental whacko, or does it merely make me a rational person who understand science?

I say again, the REAL questions are how much of an affect does man have on the changes, and more importantly what effect are the changes likely to have on us?

red states rule
07-02-2012, 02:48 PM
What was stressed in the OP? Who cares where they draw a line and say "this is global warming?" What does that have to do with the price of tuna? Every line has to be drawn somewhere.

Do you disagree that the climate is changing? I know it is, does that make me an environmental whacko, or does it merely make me a rational person who understand science?

I say again, the REAL questions are how much of an affect does man have on the changes, and more importantly what effect are the changes likely to have on us?

Oh brother CH

The idiot says 104 degrees IS global warming - I call him on it - and you do into a tizzy

The guy is an idiot and deserves to be mocked

This global warming crap is just that CRAP

For 30 years I have heard the "experts" babble about global coolimg, global warming, and now climate change. I gre wup having to listen the moron Paul Ehrlich make his doom and gloom predictions (that never came true) and now Al Gore is the leadng global warming snake oil salesmen

When the global warming CRAP is exposed as just that with the emails that were made public - they are ignored and dismissed

So please stop boring me CH with your huffing and puffing over this

ConHog
07-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Oh brother CH

The idiot says 104 degrees IS global warming - I call him on it - and you do into a tizzy

The guy is an idiot and deserves to be mocked

This global warming crap is just that CRAP

For 30 years I have heard the "experts" babble about global coolimg, global warming, and now climate change. I gre wup having to listen the moron Paul Ehrlich make his doom and gloom predictions (that never came true) and now Al Gore is the leadng global warming snake oil salesmen

When the global warming CRAP is exposed as just that with the emails that were made public - they are ignored and dismissed

So please stop boring me CH with your huffing and puffing over this

The only one huffing and puffing here is you. I'm not that emotionally invested in the thread. I merely point out that global climate change EXISTS. That's a scientific fact RSR. Do you argue the science of it?

red states rule
07-02-2012, 03:11 PM
The only one huffing and puffing here is you. I'm not that emotionally invested in the thread. I merely point out that global climate change EXISTS. That's a scientific fact RSR. Do you argue the science of it?

You always seem to take the liberal side in most threads CH. I never said gloabal wamring did not exist - I have went after the oies and BS form the BS saying they can FIX the "problem"

Of course they needs a couple of trillion taxpayer dollars to pay for their idea and we need to lower our standard of living

You are once again showing you "moderate" side CH. Only you and perhaps OCA abd Gaby would not have the weather report going liberal

ConHog
07-02-2012, 03:18 PM
You always seem to take the liberal side in most threads CH. I never said gloabal wamring did not exist - I have went after the oies and BS form the BS saying they can FIX the "problem"

Of course they needs a couple of trillion taxpayer dollars to pay for their idea and we need to lower our standard of living

You are once again showing you "moderate" side CH. Only you and perhaps OCA abd Gaby would not have the weather report going liberal

Now what are you talking about?

Acknowledging that the Earth's climate is changing is liberal? Because I sure haven't suggested we do ANYTHING to try to "fix" anything. , well other than saying " there IS a question about whether we have any affect on the changes" Personally, I do think that we are affecting the climate, but I do NOT think it is enough of a change to where we need to "fix" anything we're doing. I personally believe the climate is self healing and will adjust to most anything we do to it. Short of something cataclysmic like a nuclear war .

So I'm confused as to why I'm a liberal on this issue until I remember that liberal is just a term some use to deride anyone they disagree with.

red states rule
07-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Now what are you talking about?

Acknowledging that the Earth's climate is changing is liberal? Because I sure haven't suggested we do ANYTHING to try to "fix" anything. , well other than saying " there IS a question about whether we have any affect on the changes" Personally, I do think that we are affecting the climate, but I do NOT think it is enough of a change to where we need to "fix" anything we're doing. I personally believe the climate is self healing and will adjust to most anything we do to it. Short of something cataclysmic like a nuclear war .

So I'm confused as to why I'm a liberal on this issue until I remember that liberal is just a term some use to deride anyone they disagree with.

Are you stoned or something? Where did I say you said any of that? You keep babbling about global warming and I am addressing the crap the left sprews about GW

I am not surprised you are confused CH - that is a natural state for you

Drummond
07-02-2012, 03:41 PM
A quick question, if I may ...

If heatwaves in the US are the product of global warming, how come we in the UK aren't seeing any of it ???

Over here, we are having a COOLER summer than usual. Expected temperatures tomorrow .. around 64 degrees fahrenheit (slightly variable, depending on where in the UK you are). Oh, and we've just had the greatest quantity of rainfall in June than for the past 100 years !

Here's the truth of it .. there's balance throughout the world's weather. If you get it hotter in your location, some other country elsewhere in the world will have counterbalancing cool temperatures. It's happening right now, between our two countries' locations.

mundame
07-02-2012, 03:43 PM
I appreciate reading the people here --- RSR and Aboutime are two of them --- who also remember the "Ice Age Is Coming! Ice Age Is Coming!!" back in the '70s. This went on for years and I followed it very closely, I was young then and I believed every word of it --- because after all, scientists were saying it!

Okay, live and learn. There is an age difference now, have you noticed? Older people generally don't believe the GW stuff because we do remember the Ice Age nonsense, and also, we have a lot of really hot summers under our belts. I can remember 104 days right here in Maryland, never mind Tennessee. Hasn't been any of that for a couple decades, but no doubt there will be. Really, there has been cooler weather in the last couple decades than before!

red states rule
07-02-2012, 03:44 PM

If heatwaves in the US are the product of global warming, how come we in the UK aren't seeing any of it ???

Over here, we are having a COOLER summer than usual. Expected temperatures tomorrow .. around 64 degrees fahrenheit (slightly variable, depending on where in the UK you are). Oh, and we've just had the greatest quantity of rainfall in June than for the past 100 years !

Here's the truth of it .. there's balance throughout the world's weather. If you get it hotter in your location, some other country elsewhere in the world will have counterbalancing cool temperatures. It's happening right now, between our two countries' locations.

That is why the libs now call it "climate change"

The hot weather here and the cool weather over there can both be lamed on the same nonexistent problem

Drummond
07-02-2012, 03:49 PM
That is why the libs now call it "climate change"

The hot weather here and the cool weather over there can both be lamed on the same nonexistent problem

I daresay.

A more honest description, though, would be to call it 'climate balance' ... except, of course, that Lefties couldn't call it that, and make their arguments seem at all credible.

red states rule
07-02-2012, 03:49 PM
I appreciate reading the people here --- RSR and Aboutime are two of them --- who also remember the "Ice Age Is Coming! Ice Age Is Coming!!" back in the '70s. This went on for years and I followed it very closely, I was young then and I believed every word of it --- because after all, scientists were saying it!

Okay, live and learn. There is an age difference now, have you noticed? Older people generally don't believe the GW stuff because we do remember the Ice Age nonsense, and also, we have a lot of really hot summers under our belts. I can remember 104 days right here in Maryland, never mind Tennessee. Hasn't been any of that for a couple decades, but no doubt there will be. Really, there has been cooler weather in the last couple decades than before!

I love it when enviro wackos have to eat their words, Thanks to Al Gore's Amazing internet it is easy to call out these fools on what they said years before

1. RFK Jr. Said Global Warming Means No Snow in D.C.
Back in September 2008, environmentalist Robert Kennedy Jr. wrote an article raising the alarm about global warming and the resultant lack of winter weather in Washington, D.C.

On Monday, Feb. 8, as the nation’s capital dug out from under a ferocious snowstorm, The Washington Examiner reran an article from last Dec. 21, published as Washington was struggling to dig out from under an earlier snowstorm.

“Robert F. Kennedy Jr., who flies around on private planes so as to tell larger numbers of people how they must live their lives in order to save the planet, wrote a column last year on the lack of winter weather in Washington, D.C.,” wrote The Examiner’s Online Opinion Editor David Freddoso.
He quoted from the article written by Kennedy, a lawyer specializing in environmental law, which ran in the Los Angeles Times: “Recently arrived residents in the northern suburbs, accustomed to today’s anemic winters, might find it astonishing to learn that there were once ski runs on Ballantrae Hill in McLean [Va.], with a rope tow and local ski club.

“Snow is so scarce today that most Virginia children probably don’t own a sled.”

He reminisced about ice skating on a Washington canal, “which these days rarely freezes enough to safely skate."

“Meanwhile, Exxon Mobil and its carbon cronies continue to pour money into think tanks whose purpose is to deceive the American public into believing that global warming is a fantasy.”

Freddoso observed on Dec. 21: “Having shoveled my walk five times in the midst of this past
weekend’s extreme cold and blizzard, I think perhaps RFK Jr. should leave weather analysis to the meteorologists instead of trying to attribute every global phenomenon to anthropogenic climate change.”

Last weekend’s snowstorm paralyzed the Washington area, knocking out power to thousands of homes, closing schools and businesses, and shutting down the federal government.

Dulles International Airport near Washington received a record 32.4 inches of snow, and a town in Maryland close to D.C. was blanketed by 40 inches.

Another snowstorm walloped Washington on Wednesday. As of 2 p.m. that day, the snowfall total for the season had surpassed the 54.4-inch record set in 1899, and it rose to 55.6 inches by 4 p.m. in the city and to 72 inches at Dulles.

Read more on Newsmax.com: RFK Jr. Said Global Warming Means No Snow in D.C. (http://www.newsmax.com/InsiderReport/RFK-Jr-Global-Warming/2010/02/14/id/349864#ixzz1zV5Z2o4o)
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now! (http://polls.newsmax.com/repeal/?PROMO_CODE=B683-1)

http://www.newsmax.com/InsiderReport/RFK-Jr-Global-Warming/2010/02/14/id/349864

aboutime
07-02-2012, 04:01 PM

Drummond. Thanks for the kind words. But in case you haven't noticed. It can easily be explained as to why YOU are experiencing much cooler weather...in the Summer months.
All you need to do, and I suspect. You probably do already.
Is to remember where you are located, in the Northern latitudes, far above those we live in, here in the U.S.A.
And secondly. If you follow weather patterns. We tend to watch the movement of the JET STREAM which stretches down from Alaska on the Western boundaries, across Western Canada, then slips across the Upper U.S., until waving like a flag, wherever it decides to go.

Like you. We have also experienced some rather cooler days, when least expected, and generally, during the Summer months. Those cool temps rarely last more than a few days.

We need to always remember.
The WORLD, and it's climate changes DAILY, without the help of the GW babies who stub their toes, and call it Earth shattering.

red states rule
07-02-2012, 04:05 PM
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0911/global-warming-protests-funny-humor-climate-change-hoax-prot-demotivational-poster-1258084747.jpg

Kathianne
07-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Nuttiness from my favorite 'science guy':

https://twitter.com/TheScienceGuy/status/219795906801840130

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/314339308/Bill_Nye__Time_Mag__cropped_normal.gif Bill Nye ‏<s>@</s>TheScienceGuy (https://twitter.com/TheScienceGuy) <small class="time"> 7h (https://twitter.com/TheScienceGuy/status/219795906801840130) </small>
<button class="js-follow-btn follow-button btn" type="button"> Follow Following Unfollow Blocked Unblock Pending Cancel </button>

CNN about fires in Colorado. I was just there. It's the real (bad) deal. Just the start of things climate change-wise: <s>@</s>carolcnn (https://twitter.com/CarolCNN)

7:13 AM - 2 Jul 12 via Echofon (http://www.echofon.com/) · Embed this Tweet (https://twitter.com/TheScienceGuy/status/219795906801840130)

mundame
07-02-2012, 04:10 PM
I looked in at a forum I've sort of given up on, and there was a thread, "Weird Weather Portends Global Warming!"

It was about the thunderstorms this weekend, of course.

One of the more annoying things about this "global warming" urban myth to me is that no one can talk about the weather anymore! Anyone wants to talk about the weather, or bad storm damage, here comes a bunch of leftists trying to co-opt the weather event for their own global-warming agenda.

So we all tend to just shut up about it, which is yucky, because normally people LOVE to talk about the weather!

I figure they'll get over all this in three to five years. It has lasted longer already than the Ice Age scare in the '70s.

red states rule
07-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Took me awhile but I found video of our estemed Senate Dems balming the lack of snow in DC due to global wamring

Of course after the mega snow stormes they did not want to discuss the issue any longer

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/02/10/breitbart-tv-looks-back-on-byrd-boxer-klobuchar-blaming-lack-of-snow-on-agw/

revelarts
07-02-2012, 04:17 PM
no, it's all El Ninio...

red states rule
07-02-2012, 04:19 PM
no, it's all El Ninio...

No it is a mega super sized order of Gore Bullshit

mundame
07-02-2012, 04:24 PM

Poor old Gore, you know? Boy, when he lost that 2000 election, or whatever happened, I'm not sure "lost" is quite the word, it seriously messed him up, apparently. He got into this weird save-the-world business without living it, threw out his wife of so many years, got into the masseuse thing, he just went downhill on a toboggan, in retrospect.

Maybe he'd have done better as president. Bush sure didn't work out, in the end. Good Lord, what a mess that whole thing was.

red states rule
07-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Poor old Gore, you know? Boy, when he lost that 2000 election, or whatever happened, I'm not sure "lost" is quite the word, it seriously messed him up, apparently. He got into this weird save-the-world business without living it, threw out his wife of so many years, got into the masseuse thing, he just went downhill on a toboggan, in retrospect.

Maybe he'd have done better as president. Bush sure didn't work out, in the end. Good Lord, what a mess that whole thing was.

I think it was Sally Quinn who blamed Pres George W Bush for Al and Tipper's divorce

The "stress" of losing the 2000 election led to their breakup

Lis are so funny when they our t of power but dangerous when they are in power

aboutime
07-02-2012, 04:43 PM

That was a really nice way of saying it. But the truth is. It was more like a Celebration after getting over a long case of GORE Constipation.

aboutime
07-02-2012, 04:48 PM
[QUOTE=red states rule;562576]Took me awhile but I found video of our estemed Senate Dems balming the lack of snow in DC due to global wamring

Of course after the mega snow stormes they did not want to discuss the issue any longer

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/02/10/breitbart-tv-looks-back-on-byrd-boxer-klobuchar-blaming-lack-of-snow-on-agw/[/QUOTE
It's a wonder Congressman Johnson, of Guam tipping fame...didn't predict TOO MUCH SNOW in DC last year was caused by the Huge Glaciers that broke away from the Arctic Circle...didn't threaten to slide into Washington DC on the Chesy, and then Up the Potomac. That would have been a MASTERFUL, TERRIBLE GLOBAL WARMING EMERGENCY.
But the remedy for clearing the streets would have been NANCY PELOSI, and HARRY REID using their endless HOT AIR to melt everything.

red state
07-02-2012, 05:20 PM
It is scientifically FACT that Climate Change exists. It has ALWAYS existed as God intended. We have Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter and we will always have changes in season....because HE planned it that way. He has promised that the world will NEVER end (although most folks falsely believe that the Apocalypse will be the end of the world). No so and Armageddon will be focused on one location (the middle east). It will be between the great Eastern Nation and the Northern nation as they focus on Israel BUT before anything happens that will cause the world's destruction, Christ will descend. They will then combine forces and direct their aggression towards Christ who will SPEAK and with His words, they will be slaughtered. He will then set up his kingdom and rule with an iron rod. The final change in climate will then take place and PERFECT weather, bumper crops and the curse of the thorns will be lifted. Yes, climate change exists but it is and always has been in HIS hands....not ours. And the loons who believe in man made global warming will call me a loon for believing what is written by God. OK...you guys continue your thread. I'm shutting down and thought I'd put my two cents in before doing so....you can pick your jaw off the floor now. HA!!!!!

aboutime
07-02-2012, 05:48 PM
It is scientifically FACT that Climate Change exists. It has ALWAYS existed as God intended. We have Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter and we will always have changes in season....because HE planned it that way. He has promised that the world will NEVER end (although most folks falsely believe that the Apocalypse will be the end of the world). No so and Armageddon will be focused on one location (the middle east). It will be between the great Eastern Nation and the Northern nation as they focus on Israel BUT before anything happens that will cause the world's destruction, Christ will descend. They will then combine forces and direct their aggression towards Christ who will SPEAK and with His words, they will be slaughtered. He will then set up his kingdom and rule with an iron rod. The final change in climate will then take place and PERFECT weather, bumper crops and the curse of the thorns will be lifted. Yes, climate change exists but it is and always has been in HIS hands....not ours. And the loons who believe in man made global warming will call me a loon for believing what is written by God. OK...you guys continue your thread. I'm shutting down and thought I'd put my two cents in before doing so....you can pick your jaw off the floor now. HA!!!!!

No jaw of mine on the floor. Thank you.
I'm just kinda thankful about my years left, here on Earth getting shorter.
Though I am angry I won't know it...when I kick the bucket. Angry I won't be here to help
our grand kids survive, and be FREE.

red state
07-02-2012, 06:00 PM
I here ya! Aboutime!!! It is getting bad and all things point to a turning point. Sadly enough, I always thought (preferred) that the USA go out in a bang against a formidable opponent but it seems that we will fall from our enemies within our own borders and from so-called Americans. I would of course prefer PEACE so that I can teach my grand kids to hunt, fish and take care of what you have, leaving the world in a better place that we found it BUT if it came down to it, I'd prefer that we fell from a enemy that was NOT one of our own. What is really bad is that we are like a frog in a skillet. We're too "comfortable" to do anything about what's going on. Hopefully, B.O. will goof up and break the camel's back and wake up we good ole boys. HA!

Change is inevitable and we have been warned that it will get much worse NOT BETTER...all we can do is answer the call to that trumpet in the Eastern sky. Global warming: 1/3 of all people, animals and plants will melt away...but this must happen so that things will FINALLY get better.

No jaw of mine on the floor. Thank you.
I'm just kinda thankful about my years left, here on Earth getting shorter.
Though I am angry I won't know it...when I kick the bucket. Angry I won't be here to help
our grand kids survive, and be FREE.

aboutime
07-02-2012, 07:32 PM
I here ya! Aboutime!!! It is getting bad and all things point to a turning point. Sadly enough, I always thought (preferred) that the USA go out in a bang against a formidable opponent but it seems that we will fall from our enemies within our own borders and from so-called Americans. I would of course prefer PEACE so that I can teach my grand kids to hunt, fish and take care of what you have, leaving the world in a better place that we found it BUT if it came down to it, I'd prefer that we fell from a enemy that was NOT one of our own. What is really bad is that we are like a frog in a skillet. We're too "comfortable" to do anything about what's going on. Hopefully, B.O. will goof up and break the camel's back and wake up we good ole boys. HA!

Change is inevitable and we have been warned that it will get much worse NOT BETTER...all we can do is answer the call to that trumpet in the Eastern sky. Global warming: 1/3 of all people, animals and plants will melt away...but this must happen so that things will FINALLY get better.

Agreed, 100%. I'm getting to the point in my tired life when being older finally begins to expose a part of me that formerly remained quiet.
I may leave this world as the Enemy Within tries to bring ruin to everything We have worked for, and lived for to the end. But. I refuse to go out...quietly.
Many here, and other places on the Internet will soon get a huge surprise. Primarily, from me.
I can't disclose what it is now. But it is something I have been dabbling with for almost 14 years, and it's nearly complete.
It is primarily for the benefit of Our son's, their ladies, and our 5 grand kids that mean more, than anything else to me...Even living.
I can only hope that our Nation is permitted to survive long enough, despite the visible Enemies we call politicians, and even our Pretender-in-chief. Who will feel the Full brunt of the Betrayal he has directed toward our entire Military establishment, in uniform, and civilian clothes.

And THAT is a promise I plan on Keeping. Unlike the little boy in the White House.

red states rule
07-03-2012, 05:32 AM
That was a really nice way of saying it. But the truth is. It was more like a Celebration after getting over a long case of GORE Constipation.

http://www.drroyspencer.com/wp-content/uploads/global-warming-al-gore.jpg

Drummond
07-03-2012, 06:57 AM
Drummond. Thanks for the kind words. But in case you haven't noticed. It can easily be explained as to why YOU are experiencing much cooler weather...in the Summer months.
All you need to do, and I suspect. You probably do already.
Is to remember where you are located, in the Northern latitudes, far above those we live in, here in the U.S.A.
And secondly. If you follow weather patterns. We tend to watch the movement of the JET STREAM which stretches down from Alaska on the Western boundaries, across Western Canada, then slips across the Upper U.S., until waving like a flag, wherever it decides to go.

Like you. We have also experienced some rather cooler days, when least expected, and generally, during the Summer months. Those cool temps rarely last more than a few days.

We need to always remember.
The WORLD, and it's climate changes DAILY, without the help of the GW babies who stub their toes, and call it Earth shattering.

Yes, I know that I'm in a more northerly latitude, and yes, that makes a difference.

However, we usually get warmer summers thanks to the Gulf Stream, which invariably masks the effect of the more northerly latitude to a great degree.

This year, we're getting a jet stream that's driving wave after wave of cooler, wetter weather our way, and it's being doing that for SEVERAL weeks, and shows no sign, yet, of stopping. So far, our so-called 'summer' has been a dead loss .. and it may remain so throughout the season.

So, does this give you the reverse balance of hotter weather ? If so, there's the balance I'm talking about. NO so-called 'Global Warming', just a temporary redistribution of weather trends, that's all.

logroller
07-03-2012, 07:07 AM
What about polar ice sheets and glacial retreat; is there some place on earth that is adding to its glaciers to "balance it out"?

Kathianne
07-03-2012, 07:25 AM
What about polar ice sheets and glacial retreat; is there some place on earth that is adding to its glaciers to "balance it out"?

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/Europe/West-Himalayan-glaciers-grew-over-last-decade/Article1-841652.aspx

West Himalayan glaciers grew over last decade

The glaciers flowing between the towering peaks of the Karakoram range on the Pakistan-China border have grown in size in the last decade, according to new research.

The impact of climate change on the ice in the greater Himalaya range has been controversial because of an unfounded claim by the United Nations' climate science panel over the rate of melting in the region. However the melting of vast volumes of ice into the sea in most other parts of the world has been clearly demonstrated. In March, scientists showed far less ice was being lost across the Himalayas than had been estimated from sparse ground surveys on the remote slopes.

The new study shows that glaciers in one important part of the mountain range are growing. "We provide a detailed glacier-scale evaluation of mass changes in the central Karakoram," said Julie Gardelle, at CNRS-Université Grenoble, who led the research published in Nature Geoscience on Sunday. "In our warming world, there are regions of the Earth where, for a few years or decades, the atmosphere is not warming or is even cooling. So it is not really a big surprise that there are some regions where the temperature is not rising and the Karakoram may be one of those."

The scientists used 3D altitude maps obtained from satellites in 2000 and 2008 to track the changes in the glaciers. Prof Graham Cogley, of Trent University in Canada, who was not part of the research team, called the approach a "ground-breaking" advance...

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2008/10/14/53884/alaska-glaciers-grew-this-year.html

October 14, 2008

Alaska glaciers grew this year, thanks to colder weather

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2008/10/14/53884/alaska-glaciers-grew-this-year.html#storylink=cpy

Craig Medred | Anchorage Daily News Craig Medred
Two hundred years of glacial shrinkage in Alaska, and then came the winter and summer of 2007-2008.
Unusually large amounts of winter snow were followed by unusually chill temperatures in June, July and August...

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2008/10/14/53884/alaska-glaciers-grew-this-year.html#storylink=cpy

ConHog
07-03-2012, 10:17 AM

Al Gore made up a myth that the Earth's climate is changing and maybe we mi9ght be affecting it to get rich, that's all you need to know about the subject compadre. :rolleyes:

mundame
07-03-2012, 12:31 PM

Are you sure such things are happening? Have you looked into it yourself? Have you SEEN polar ice sheets melting? Has anyone you know seen it? Are you sure it's more than usual? How did they measure that?

I suspect GW agenda pushers make it all up. Everytime they make up something like this somebody cleans up behind them and points out that polar bears are flourishing, that glaciers aren't retreating at all, that the water level is exactly where it's always been, etc., etc.

It's easy to tell false stories about faraway places, but usually such travellers' tales are not true.

red states rule
07-04-2012, 06:45 AM
Al Gore made up a myth that the Earth's climate is changing and maybe we mi9ght be affecting it to get rich, that's all you need to know about the subject compadre. :rolleyes:

Hey hotshot - you stepped in it again

Amazing what one can find on Al Gore's amazing internet -

Global warmists continue to circulate alarming warnings that the past winter was among the warmest on record. See, for example, Andrew Freeman's March 15 article in the Washington Post (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitalweathergang/2010/03/winter_was_cold_in_us_but_warm.html) entitled " D.C.'s winter was cold, but the globe stayed toasty".

Somehow the Arctic Ocean did not get the memo. See here (http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/) for an update on the rapidly growing extent of the polar ice cap throughout March 2010. Remember, ice-water is used to calibrate thermometers (zero Celsius). Polar ice therefore a much more reliable, widespread indicator of global temperature than the geographically-limited, fallible, error-prone network--array of thermometers employed by the "Climate Research" community.

Indeed the March sea-ice extent is now well within two standard deviations of the "baseline" set in the period 1979-2000 -- outside of which is touted on this website as an indication for extreme alarm. It is clear from the official "commentary" here that the authors are in the warmist camp. They have not updated their comments for March so it will be interesting to see when they do how they explain their own data in the context of continued alarm over "Global Warming (http://www.debatepolicy.com/#)".

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2010/03/oh_that_inconvenient_growing_p.html

red states rule
07-04-2012, 07:53 AM
I do love pointing out the double standards of the liberal media and the enviro wackos

Remember when we had the record snow storms in DC a few years ago? Here is an exmaple of how the liberal media responded

A top Obama administration scientist on Monday struck back at climate skeptics (http://thehill.com/blogs/twitter-room/other-news/80395-demint-dc-snow-will-continue-until-al-gore-cries-uncle) who claim that record snowstorms this winter have undercut evidence of global warming.

“It is important that people recognize that weather is not the same thing as climate,” said Jane Lubchenco, head of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

Lubchenco, speaking on NPR’s “Diane Rehm Show,” said the planet is warming but that weather is variable. The snowy weather, Lubchenco said, “is not a contradiction and it is not really unexpected.”

She said the heavy snowfall that has blanketed the capital stems from the convergence of two factors: El Nino (http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/tao/elnino/el-nino-story.html) sending wet, stormy weather across the south and into the east coast, and Arctic Oscillation (http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=42260) patterns sending cold air south.

http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/e2-wire/81083-lubchenco-on-the-snowstorms-weather-is-not-climate

Now of course the weather DOES prove global warming is "real"

WASHINGTON (AP) - If you want a glimpse of some of the worst of global warming, scientists suggest taking a look at U.S. weather in recent weeks.

Horrendous wildfires. Oppressive heat waves. Devastating droughts. Flooding from giant deluges. And a powerful freak wind storm called a derecho.

These are the kinds of extremes climate scientists have predicted will come with climate change, although it's far too early to say that is the cause. Nor will they say global warming is the reason 3,215 daily high temperature records were set in the month of June.
Scientifically linking individual weather events to climate change takes intensive study, complicated mathematics, computer models and lots of time. Sometimes it isn't caused by global warming. Weather is always variable; freak things happen.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20120703/D9VP9J681.html

mundame
07-04-2012, 02:57 PM
I have seen that so often on the Internet forums --- when the weather is extra cold and snowy somewhere, the leftist GW supporters say, "Weather isn't the same as climate!"

But whenever it's extra warm somewhere, they say, "Wow! See?? GLOBAL WARMING!!"

This does not seem to me clear thinking.

red states rule
07-06-2012, 02:50 AM
I have seen that so often on the Internet forums --- when the weather is extra cold and snowy somewhere, the leftist GW supporters say, "Weather isn't the same as climate!"

But whenever it's extra warm somewhere, they say, "Wow! See?? GLOBAL WARMING!!"

This does not seem to me clear thinking.

100 here yesterday

100 here again today

103 tomorrow

The proof GW wackos have been waiting for

Roo
07-06-2012, 08:31 AM

No, he made up the myth that the Globe is WARMING.....it was only when they couldn't PROVE it was warming they shifted it to Climate "Change".

red states rule
07-06-2012, 04:13 PM
No, he made up the myth that the Globe is WARMING.....it was only when they couldn't PROVE it was warming they shifted it to Climate "Change".

Global Warming is just another way liberals will try to seperate taypayers from the hard earned money

logroller
07-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Are you sure such things are happening? Have you looked into it yourself? Have you SEEN polar ice sheets melting? Has anyone you know seen it? Are you sure it's more than usual? How did they measure that?

I suspect GW agenda pushers make it all up. Everytime they make up something like this somebody cleans up behind them and points out that polar bears are flourishing, that glaciers aren't retreating at all, that the water level is exactly where it's always been, etc., etc.

It's easy to tell false stories about faraway places, but usually such travellers' tales are not true.
I've been to palisade glacier and yes, it is smaller than when I first saw it 20 years ago. Is that normal? I dont know; what's normal? Theres been several episodes of glaciation and massive melts; so meltin glaciers is absolutely normal. Is unearthing billions of tons of coal and burning it normal? Is that what the earth naturally does?

aboutime
07-06-2012, 04:59 PM
I've been to palisade glacier and yes, it is smaller than when I first saw it 20 years ago. Is that normal? I dont know; what's normal? Theres been several episodes of glaciation and massive melts; so meltin glaciers is absolutely normal. Is unearthing billions of tons of coal and burning it normal? Is that what the earth naturally does?

I managed to be fortunate enough to personally see the Glacier at the tip of South America, in the Straits of Magellan. The first time I saw it was in November of 1981.
The second time was in 1995, just before I retired. And oddly enough. That Glacier had GROWN, and widened since the first time.
Does that make Global Cooling normal as well?

logroller
07-06-2012, 05:27 PM
I managed to be fortunate enough to personally see the Glacier at the tip of South America, in the Straits of Magellan. The first time I saw it was in November of 1981.
The second time was in 1995, just before I retired. And oddly enough. That Glacier had GROWN, and widened since the first time.
Does that make Global Cooling normal as well?
That's neat you got to see that, and sure, I know some are growing; New Zealand has something like 15 advancing glaciers; but what's the worldwide trend? glaciers provide water to a lot of people, and regardless of cause, their shrinkage is cause for concern, no?

aboutime
07-06-2012, 05:39 PM
That's neat you got to see that, and sure, I know some are growing; New Zealand has something like 15 advancing glaciers; but what's the worldwide trend? glaciers provide water to a lot of people, and regardless of cause, their shrinkage is cause for concern, no?

Only if one feels such a need to be concerned. I have a life-long trust in Nature, and our Earth. Knowing it has been changing for millions of years. While WE HUMAN FOLK have only been here for less than the Blink of God's eye in comparison.
Blaming Human's for the changes taking place is, to me, nothing but a Money Making Ploy used to scare the perpetually Uninformed who are unable to Think, Study, or Reason any further than their Conspiracy minded self, and friends will allow them.
For as long as I have been alive, and able to understand the World around me. I am certain of One Thing.
The Earth WILL do whatever it needs to do without our help, or without human causes.
Anyone who's ever seen this Big Blue Marble from EIGHT miles up knows. Science alone IS NOT RESPONSIBLE for everything we see below us.
Finally. I am not convinced any Human will ever prove that Science is responsible for YOU and I being here. And the same goes for whatever people want to call Global Anything.

red states rule
07-06-2012, 06:32 PM
http://www.justsaypictures.com/images/global-warming-2473.jpg

logroller
07-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Only if one feels such a need to be concerned. I have a life-long trust in Nature, and our Earth. Knowing it has been changing for millions of years. While WE HUMAN FOLK have only been here for less than the Blink of God's eye in comparison.
Blaming Human's for the changes taking place is, to me, nothing but a Money Making Ploy used to scare the perpetually Uninformed who are unable to Think, Study, or Reason any further than their Conspiracy minded self, and friends will allow them.
For as long as I have been alive, and able to understand the World around me. I am certain of One Thing.
The Earth WILL do whatever it needs to do without our help, or without human causes.
Anyone who's ever seen this Big Blue Marble from EIGHT miles up knows. Science alone IS NOT RESPONSIBLE for everything we see below us.
Finally. I am not convinced any Human will ever prove that Science is responsible for YOU and I being here. And the same goes for whatever people want to call Global Anything.

I understand your perspective, but I find it akin to "in the long run were all dead". I'm not saying the inverse will collapse due to humans; just that humanity will collapse due to ourselves.

heres a fun story: date palms have been farmed for millennia. To give homage to the creator, and to ensure a bountiful harvest, a priest would perform a ritual involving the flower stalk being used to bless each plant. Along comes this western botanist and tells them the blessing is unnecessaryand a waste of time. So they heed the scientist's instruction and guess what, the harvest is abysmal. For although the scientist knew this ritual only served as pollinator, he was unaware the practice had been in practice for so long the ratio of male/female plants was insufficient to self pollinate. Human beings had unwittingly removed the plant's natural ability to pollinate in favor of the higher proportion of female date-bearing trees. Was this God's doing? Did He instruct man to pollinate the trees? You could make a case thateverything is the work of God, But that doesn't mean humans have no effect whatsoever. I appreciate your sentiments, but dogmatic beliefs don't supplant the pragmatic effects of human activity.

mundame
07-06-2012, 09:15 PM

I have for some years realized that this "global warming" myth is a way to talk about a taboo subject.

Overpopulation.

Leftwingers can't talk about overpopulation because it's taboo to complain about too many brown and yellow and black babies; but whoops, white babies are a declining population everywhere they occur, including in the USA.

So since they can't talk about overpopulation killing out species and generally polluting the Earth and crowding each other out, they call the problem "global warming," which they can blame on white people: Americans and Europeans, who use much of the fuel.

But it's really about overpopulation, because if we had 1/8 of the population we now have on the planet, there would be no pollution or species disappearing; there would be great forests and clean water and wild animals.

Do you agree?

logroller
07-06-2012, 10:23 PM
I have for some years realized that this "global warming" myth is a way to talk about a taboo subject.

Overpopulation.

Leftwingers can't talk about overpopulation because it's taboo to complain about too many brown and yellow and black babies; but whoops, white babies are a declining population everywhere they occur, including in the USA.

So since they can't talk about overpopulation killing out species and generally polluting the Earth and crowding each other out, they call the problem "global warming," which they can blame on white people: Americans and Europeans, who use much of the fuel.

But it's really about overpopulation, because if we had 1/8 of the population we now have on the planet, there would be no pollution or species disappearing; there would be great forests and clean water and wild animals.

Do you agree?

Chicken or the egg I'd say. Petroleum has allowed for increased food production, thus greater population growth.

red states rule
07-07-2012, 04:51 AM

Overpopulation.

Do you agree?

Also consider how the left is always bashing those of us they consider "greedy" - or the evil top 1% living in their mansions

Well, Mr GW Al Gore lives in this modest $9 million house and I do not see any solar panels on the roof

Alos if the Earth is getting warmer, why does Al's home have SIX fireplaces?

http://media.eyeblast.org/newsbusters/static/2010/04/Gore%20Mansion%203.jpg

http://media.eyeblast.org/newsbusters/static/2010/04/Gore%20Mansion%201.jpg

http://media.eyeblast.org/newsbusters/static/2010/04/Gore%20Mansion%202.jpg