PDA

View Full Version : Think you're really good? Try this

darin
07-03-2012, 05:04 AM
Anybody up? I'll give a topic and assign sides to the participants. NO Quoting other sources except to mention a source. This format - with time limits for replies - will be Person to Person; YOUR wit and knowledge and skill vs another's. Nobody gets to argue the side they believe in and have their 'sources' bookmarked.

That's debate guys.

First topic - who were the "bad guys" in the Star Wars movies?

Takers?

taft2012
07-03-2012, 05:28 AM
Hang on a second. These 4 guys here are creating accounts as we speak. They're dying to take you on.

logroller
07-03-2012, 07:03 AM
Anybody up? I'll give a topic and assign sides to the participants. NO Quoting other sources except to mention a source. This format - with time limits for replies - will be Person to Person; YOUR wit and knowledge and skill vs another's. Nobody gets to argue the side they believe in and have their 'sources' bookmarked.

That's debate guys.

Takers?
I know the tune that plays when they come on screen. Dum dum dum dump de dum dump de dum...

jimnyc
07-03-2012, 07:07 AM
It all sounded good until the first debate subject was listed. I loved the movies but not enough to debate them! What about "Saw"? 7 horror flicks, most successful in it's genre believe it or not, even ahead of Friday the 13th. I can debate those! :laugh:

jimnyc
07-03-2012, 07:07 AM
I know the tune that plays when they come on screen. Dum dum dum dump de dum dump de dum...

I was doing the tune in my head and saw dump? :lol:

fj1200
07-03-2012, 07:09 AM
Logical fallacy identified: Think?

EDIT: :poke:

ConHog
07-03-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm in. I'll take the Rebel Alliance was the bad guys. PLEASE let Rev be my random choice to take on LOL

ConHog
07-03-2012, 02:39 PM
It all sounded good until the first debate subject was listed. I loved the movies but not enough to debate them! What about "Saw"? 7 horror flicks, most successful in it's genre believe it or not, even ahead of Friday the 13th. I can debate those! :laugh:

SAW? I would NEVER have guessed that.

jimnyc
07-03-2012, 02:49 PM
SAW? I would NEVER have guessed that.

I was as well, but only to an extent... And this article is prior to the 7th film in the series:

(Reuters) - The "Saw" horror movie franchise is getting a place in the Guiness World Records as the "Most Successful Horror Movie Series," one of the film's producers, Mark Burg, said on Thursday.

"I'm still in shock," Burg told Reuters. "The fact that we beat out (such horror franchises as) 'Friday the 13th,' 'Nightmare on Elm Street,' 'Halloween' and 'Texas Chain Saw Massacre' is a testament to our cast, crew and our partners at Lionsgate."

The franchise consists of six movies, each one having come out consecutively every Halloween since 2004. The seventh, and final, installment is due out Oct. 29th and will be featured in 3D.

Collectively, the "Saw" films have made over $73O million at the worldwide box-office and sold more than thirty million DVDs, according to distributors Lionsgate.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/07/23/film-saw-idUSN2215375420100723

ConHog
07-03-2012, 02:52 PM
I was as well, but only to an extent... And this article is prior to the 7th film in the series:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/07/23/film-saw-idUSN2215375420100723

I honestly would have voted for Nightmare on Elm Street.

But then again, horror is my least favorite genre so........

aboutime
07-03-2012, 02:57 PM

That's debate guys.

Takers?

I'd be more than happy to share in your debate. But. Since I never was a Star Wars fan. I'd rather the topic be more up-to-date, like The U.S. Constitution.
Not that I claim to be any authority on that topic. But at least. We could all share in the learning experience, without trying to destroy one-another for not being RIGHT all the time.

Thunderknuckles
07-03-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm in. I'll take the Rebel Alliance was the bad guys. PLEASE let Rev be my random choice to take on LOL
dmp said you don't get to pick your side. He gets to assign it to you.
In any case you're wrong. It was the damn Ewoks!

ConHog
07-03-2012, 03:14 PM
dmp said you don't get to pick your side. He gets to assign it to you.
In any case you're wrong. It was the damn Ewoks!

oh, well I'm still in.

And the Ewoks weren't in Star Wars. they were in Return of the Jedi; and yes, the sucked.

Thunderknuckles
07-03-2012, 03:22 PM
oh, well I'm still in.

And the Ewoks weren't in Star Wars. they were in Return of the Jedi; and yes, the sucked.

...I'm already growing bald and cannot afford to split anymore hairs ...

...dmp said "Star Wars movies". Not Star Wars.

ok, ok, I'm done :laugh:

ConHog
07-03-2012, 03:28 PM
...I'm already growing bald and cannot afford to split anymore hairs ...

...dmp said "Star Wars movies". Not Star Wars.

ok, ok, I'm done :laugh:

True, but I think it was understood that the choices were Empire , Republic. Unless someone else wants to argue that the tauntaun was the bad guy . :lol:

fj1200
07-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Clearly it's the Jedi, they are accountable to no one.