PDA

View Full Version : Scientology - Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes to divorce

jimnyc
07-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Thoughts?

These 2 have been married for about 6 years or so, and have a little girl "Suri" who is about that age. Tom is a huge player in Scientology and it seemed for awhile like Katie was being drawn in more and more, as if she was a prisoner to Tom and his lifestyle.

Well, she unexpectedly filed for divorce this week. Word has it she is afraid of her daughter getting forced into the cult. They have a special portion called "Sea Organization", where kids and teens and even adults go to, to work and learn Scientology. Katie was apparently afraid that Tom wanted Suri to go there and be apart from her parents. She has filed for sole custody as well.

The leading Scientologists have already spoken up and denied claims. Katie's people state she is being followed by high ranking bodyguards of the cult, and has hired extra security herself now. They of course don't want her blabbing about all she has learned with Tom.

Anyone else following this soap opera?

cadet
07-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Thoughts?

These 2 have been married for about 6 years or so, and have a little girl "Suri" who is about that age. Tom is a huge player in Scientology and it seemed for awhile like Katie was being drawn in more and more, as if she was a prisoner to Tom and his lifestyle.

Well, she unexpectedly filed for divorce this week. Word has it she is afraid of her daughter getting forced into the cult. They have a special portion called "Sea Organization", where kids and teens and even adults go to, to work and learn Scientology. Katie was apparently afraid that Tom wanted Suri to go there and be apart from her parents. She has filed for sole custody as well.

The leading Scientologists have already spoken up and denied claims. Katie's people state she is being followed by high ranking bodyguards of the cult, and has hired extra security herself now. They of course don't want her blabbing about all she has learned with Tom.

I never follow all that crappy drama, but good for her! Get out of that stupid cult!

fj1200
07-04-2012, 09:29 PM

No. And a pox on your house for polluting my day with it.

:poke:

Nell's Room
07-04-2012, 09:38 PM
The divorce will almost certainly be related to Scientology. Tom has to much control, it would seem. I am only surprised it took this long for Katie to wake up to herself and smell the coffee. The custody battle will be nasty, but there is a reason why Katie is requesting sole custody, and I bet this is due to Scientology as well.

Noir
07-04-2012, 09:46 PM
I won't be following because of the 'soap opera', but having been a long term critic of $cientology (at least in regards to the portion of my life lived) i'm not surprise Katies doing this, i could describe details of the Sea Org, but it would literally just sound as if i'm making it up, its too ridiculous, and the idea of an impressionable young mind being subjected to 'learning' such things as facts is mildly horrifying. Best of luck Katie.

Mr. P
07-04-2012, 09:57 PM

She's with me, don't tell anyone...promise?