PDA

View Full Version : Audit the Federal Reserve

Joyful HoneyBee
07-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Interestingly enough, I entered this forum and did a search on "audit the federal reserve" expecting to find where someone had posted one of the many recent news articles about this historic bill that is up for vote later this month. Maybe I missed it somewhere, but since I didn't find anything, here's one article about it:

http://www.dailyworld.com/article/20120704/OPINION/207040316/Support-proposal-audit-Fed-s-activities?odyssey=nav%7Chead

This may very well be one of the most critical pieces of legislation to be introduced in modern history. Yesterday we celebrated Independence Day, yet where is our true independence? We are all crushed under the oppressive heels of the banksters who have not only set up a pyramid scheme over these past decades, but who also have done so with utter impunity. For everyone who complained about the bail outs, here's a chance to demand answers and justice.

H.R. 459 deserves the full attention and support of the American people. We need to have our voices heard and support the passage of this bill. The Federal Reserve Act was never fully ratified in the first place, so here is our chance to pull the cloak off the shadowy institution that has held our economy in bondage for decades. Whatever one may think of the author of this bill is irrevelent - this is quite possibly the most sound and sensible bill any of us will see in our lifetime.

fj1200
07-05-2012, 06:39 AM
^Meh, it'll thud like the last one.

jafar00
07-05-2012, 08:21 AM
Whatever one may think of the author of this bill is irrevelent - this is quite possibly the most sound and sensible bill any of us will see in our lifetime.

Ron Paul seems to be the most sane out of all of them. Pity they don't listen to him on just about everything else.

jimnyc
07-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Ron Paul seems to be the most sane out of all of them. Pity they don't listen to him on just about everything else.

In your opinion only of course. Millions of Americans feel otherwise. But haven't you touted Egypt as of late? Anyone voting in the Muslim Brotherhood should be exempt from any further voting on the grounds of mental incompetence.

Toro
07-05-2012, 06:36 PM
The Fed is already audited.

Dilloduck
07-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Then audit everyone who works there. Someone's been rippin us off.

jafar00
07-05-2012, 11:46 PM
In your opinion only of course. Millions of Americans feel otherwise. But haven't you touted Egypt as of late? Anyone voting in the Muslim Brotherhood should be exempt from any further voting on the grounds of mental incompetence.

What's wrong with the Muslim Brotherhood?

The Fed is already audited.

As far as I know, the fed audit is not as comprehensive as a regular company audit for a broker. That would be the reason for this bill.

jimnyc
07-06-2012, 05:41 AM
What's wrong with the Muslim Brotherhood?

Nothing that you won't deny and make excuses for!

My problem is mainly towards Egypt... For starters, the women there get abused enough. If they implement Shariah Law, then it would probably only increase, as well as to more citizens. There are also enough attacks there on Christians and their Churches, let's see if the Brotherhood stems these attacks... Also, they more or less threatened the US about 5 months before the elections even took place in Egypt, telling the US that if the $2 billion in aid doesn't continue that they may attack Israel. Sounds like ransom to me instead of acting like "adults" over a treaty.

Overall, I think Shariah Law, which they favor, is antiquated and abusive. They have been accused of sponsoring terrorism. They believe Christians should pay a tax for protection from the state. Prior ties to Al Qaeda.

taft2012
07-06-2012, 05:47 AM

It's a valid approach.

I too think that anyone who votes differently than I do should be institutionalized and disenfranchised.

jimnyc
07-06-2012, 05:50 AM
It's a valid approach.

I too think that anyone who votes differently than I do should be institutionalized and disenfranchised.

I don't say what I did because they vote differently than I would, but rather that they would vote someone in who would institute archaic and abusive laws that serve to limit more and more rights of their citizens, especially the women.

taft2012
07-06-2012, 06:08 AM
I don't say what I did because they vote differently than I would, but rather that they would vote someone in who would institute archaic and abusive laws that serve to limit more and more rights of their citizens, especially the women.

Heh, it wasn't really directed only at you Jimmy.

fj1200
07-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Then audit everyone who works there. Someone's been rippin us off.

How so?

Dilloduck
07-06-2012, 09:19 AM
We pay them to provide America with certaim services. They failed.

fj1200
07-06-2012, 09:31 AM
We pay them to provide America with certaim services. They failed.

Huh?

Toro
07-06-2012, 11:36 AM
As far as I know, the fed audit is not as comprehensive as a regular company audit for a broker. That would be the reason for this bill.

http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/about_12784.htm

The Audit the Fed thing is politics. Politicians want a say on monetary policy. What a fucking disaster that would be.

The Fed has massively fucked up, for sure. But I'd rather have the Fed independent rather than a bunch of venal politicians getting their hands in monetary policy.