PDA

View Full Version : Catharsis anyone?

Roomy
07-05-2012, 03:53 PM
I need it to heal myself.

jimnyc
07-05-2012, 03:58 PM
I can help you, Roomy. Speak to me, tell me your ills.

Roomy
07-05-2012, 04:09 PM
I am depressed, guilt is killing me, brought my ma home to live with us while she was ill, she died on 31st March aged 70 of pancreatic cancer in my house.I packed in work to care for her, I can't motivate myself to go back, did I leave all stones unturned?I can put on a face but it's a front, family is starting to worry.I know all the cliches but can't snap out of it.Usually I heal myself this, is a bastard though.

You asked for it.

jimnyc
07-05-2012, 04:21 PM
I am depressed, guilt is killing me, brought my ma home to live with us while she was ill, she died on 31st March aged 70 of pancreatic cancer in my house.I packed in work to care for her, I can't motivate myself to go back, did I leave all stones unturned?I can put on a face but it's a front, family is starting to worry.I know all the cliches but can't snap out of it.Usually I heal myself this, is a bastard though.

You asked for it.

Damn dude, what the fuck? I thought we were all playing around and shit and you go and drop this on me? :slap:

I'm very sorry to hear about your Mom. It was 2 years ago yesterday that I lost my Mom. My brother in Georgia took her to live with him while she was ill. I went to visit, got to see her for a short while, and she passed on the morning of the 4th of July. My Mom had lung cancer.

It's normal to be depressed, I'm still dealing with it. That's our Mom's, we're supposed to be depressed. You took her in and you were caring for her, you couldn't have healed her. The best thing someone can do at times like that is make sure Mom knows she is loved, is appreciated and isn't alone. But I assure you, she didn't think you could cure her. You have no reason to feel guilty.

Instead of putting a face on, how about talking with family? I've found what helps most is talking, sharing memories, letting others know your sadness and that you're unhappy.

I have another idea, just saw a movie last night right up your alley! It was called "The rise and fall of a white collar hooligan" <<<----- excellent flick!

Or go out to a nudie bar! Boobies help EVERYTHING! You ever watch "Married with Children"? Here's Al Bundy on nudie bars:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5XWypFhr0rY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kathianne
07-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Damn dude, what the fuck? I thought we were all playing around and shit and you go and drop this on me? :slap:

I'm very sorry to hear about your Mom. It was 2 years ago yesterday that I lost my Mom. My brother in Georgia took her to live with him while she was ill. I went to visit, got to see her for a short while, and she passed on the morning of the 4th of July. My Mom had lung cancer.

It's normal to be depressed, I'm still dealing with it. That's our Mom's, we're supposed to be depressed. You took her in and you were caring for her, you couldn't have healed her. The best thing someone can do at times like that is make sure Mom knows she is loved, is appreciated and isn't alone. But I assure you, she didn't think you could cure her. You have no reason to feel guilty.

Instead of putting a face on, how about talking with family? I've found what helps most is talking, sharing memories, letting others know your sadness and that you're unhappy.

I have another idea, just saw a movie last night right up your alley! It was called "The rise and fall of a white collar hooligan" <<<----- excellent flick!

Or go out to a nudie bar! Boobies help EVERYTHING! You ever watch "Married with Children"? Here's Al Bundy on nudie bars:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5XWypFhr0rY" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Well said, Jim. Roomy, you did what you could. She wasn't alone. Now you have to look after yourself and family.

Roomy
07-05-2012, 04:52 PM
I know all that and I appreciate the time and the words but I also know it takes more, it takes a will I don't own at the moment.Meh, mebbies I need more beer or time or a kick up the fucking arse or a job?

I have a beard, and I bought myself a white German Shepherd, she is the bollocks.:cool:

jimnyc
07-05-2012, 05:16 PM
I know all that and I appreciate the time and the words but I also know it takes more, it takes a will I don't own at the moment.Meh, mebbies I need more beer or time or a kick up the fucking arse or a job?

I have a beard, and I bought myself a white German Shepherd, she is the bollocks.:cool:

A white German Shepherd? Never saw one before, you gotta post pics!!

Mr. P
07-05-2012, 05:26 PM
I'm very sorry about your lose, Roomy.

All I can say to help is move forward with/in life, in time the pain slowly decreases but the memories of your Mum remain for life.

It gets less painful. That's what I've found to be true anyway.

My Mom passed in 1998.

Mr. P