PDA

View Full Version : California high-speed rail gets green light

Roo
07-07-2012, 07:06 PM
-- California lawmakers gave the green light to start building the nation's first dedicated high-speed rail line, a multibillion dollar project that will eventually link Los Angeles and San Francisco.

The move marked major political victories for Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown and the Obama administration. Both have promoted bullet trains as job generators and clean transportation alternatives.

Wait for it.....where will it start??????

The first segment of the line will run from Madera to Bakersfield.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_HIGH_SPEED_RAIL?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-07-06-19-12-38

NOBODY travels between Bakersfield and Madera......good god Cali....you elected these MORONS!!!!!!!!

Gaffer
07-07-2012, 07:11 PM
The train from nowhere to nowhere.

Roo
07-07-2012, 07:13 PM
The train from nowhere to nowhere.

I am astonished.

Missileman
07-07-2012, 07:14 PM
And a bullet train in a state prone to earthquakes and mudslides...not a really bright idea.

Roo
07-07-2012, 07:17 PM
And a bullet train in a state prone to earthquakes and mudslides...not a really bright idea.

They have BART for decades, part of that runs under the Bay.

Thunderknuckles
07-07-2012, 07:54 PM
I remember when this first hit the ballot. We were in financial crisis even then and I said no way am I going to approve a worthless 40 billion dollar project like this. Not surprisingly, the idiot electorate in this state voted for it.
Here we are a few years later and now the cost of the train is north of 100 billion!! Mark my words folks, this will go down as the greatest financial boondoggle in this state's history. Californians LOVE their cars like it or not. And NO ONE will take a train from LA to San Francisco when they can fly.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Probably both.

Roo
07-07-2012, 07:57 PM
I remember when this first hit the ballot. We were in financial crisis even then and I said no way am I going to approve a worthless 40 billion dollar project like this. Not surprisingly, the idiot electorate in this state voted for it.
Here we are a few years later and now the cost of the train is north of 100 billion!! Mark my words folks, this will go down as the greatest financial boondoggle in this state's history. Californians LOVE their cars like it or not. And NO ONE will take a train from LA to San Francisco when they can fly.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Probably both.

I raised my family in Bakersfield....for the life of me why start it between there and Madera.

Thunderknuckles
07-07-2012, 08:32 PM
I raised my family in Bakersfield....for the life of me why start it between there and Madera.
A poor excuse for a Jobs program. Has to be one of the most expensive ever.
The ridership will never pay for that section of train. Not ever.
Anyone not familiar, this is the central valley. There's nothing there but small towns, farms, and cows. Not to mention an existing government subsidized Amtrak rail that transports people from A to B at a financial loss.
This "bullet train" is just what the central valley needs :laugh: