PDA

View Full Version : IRS Gets Ready for Obamacare Implementation

red states rule
07-08-2012, 06:06 AM
Since when does the IRS hire agents to collect money that is not a tax? Not only will taxpayers be targeted by the new agents, but guess who will pay their salary, and benefits? Will Obama brag about all these new jobs he helped create?

snip

The Supreme Court, in its 5-4 ruling, upheld the mandate that most Americans get health insurance. The majority said Congress has the power to enforce the mandate under its taxing authority. The decision labeled the penalties a tax, noting that they will be collected by the IRS.Those who don't get qualified health insurance will be required to pay the penalty - or tax - starting for the 2014 tax year, unless they are exempt because of low income, religious beliefs, or because they are members of American Indian tribes.

The penalty will be fully phased in by 2016, when it will be $695 for each uninsured adult or 2.5 percent of family income, whichever is greater, up to $12,500. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office estimates that 4 million people will pay the penalty that year.

The law, however, severely limits the ability of the IRS to collect the penalties. There are no civil or criminal penalties for refusing to pay it and the IRS cannot seize bank accounts or dock wages to collect it. No interest accumulates for unpaid penalties.

So how can the IRS enforce the mandate? Scary letters and threats to withhold tax refunds.
The law allows the IRS to withhold tax refunds to collect the penalty, and most filers get refunds. This year, 77 percent of the 135 million individual income tax returns processed by the IRS qualified for a refund. The average refund: $2,707.

For those who don't qualify for a refund, a stern letter from the IRS can be effective, even if it doesn't come with the threat of civil or criminal penalties, said Elizabeth Maresca, a former IRS trial attorney who supervises the Tax & Consumer Litigation Clinic at the Fordham University law school.

"Most people pay because they're scared, and I don't think that's going to change," Maresca said.
The IRS has not yet issued procedures for taxpayers to prove they have insurance. But IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman, in a 2010 speech, said he envisioned a process similar to the one used by taxpayers to report interest or investment income.

Under this scenario, an insurance company would send the taxpayer and the IRS forms each year verifying that the taxpayer has qualified insurance. Taxpayers would file the forms with the IRS along with their returns, and the IRS would check them to make sure they match the information supplied by the insurance companies.

The IRS says it is well on its way to gearing up for the new law but has offered little information about its long-term budget and staffing needs, generating complaints from Republican lawmakers and concern from government watchdogs.
The IRS is expected to spend $881 million on the law from 2010 through 2013, hiring more than 2,700 new workers and upgrading its computer systems. But the IRS has not made public information about its spending plans in the following years, when the bulk of the health care law takes effect.

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20120707/D9VS2E3O0.html

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Since when does the IRS hire agents to collect money that is not a tax? Not only will taxpayers be targeted by the new agents, but guess who will pay their salary, and benefits? Will Obama brag about all these new jobs he helped create?

They are really just going to be collecting DNC campaign donations.:laugh:
Of course 6,000 newly trained AND ARMED agents that have recently acquired how many million rounds of ammo? About ten thousands rounds per agent I believe, they either plan on doing a lot of killing or a damn lot of missing!-;)-Looks to me like somebody wants a TAX revolt ! Wonder what big eared bastard that could be?-Tyr

red states rule
07-09-2012, 03:12 AM
It is amazing how so many people (Obama and his supporters) fail to grasp the basic principals of Economics 101

They have been doing this for 3 1/2 years and things are worse so they double down with even more of the same

http://tax-evasion.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/1310933710-79.jpg

aboutime
07-09-2012, 03:51 PM
It's just NO GOOD. Nothing anyone tries to tell them, if they are an Obama follower, will work.
They have been trained, conditioned, convinced, lied to, promised, sworn to, and even BET that everything Obama has laughingly told them IS NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH.

And sadly. Obama, and the Democrats in Congress LOVE how gullible, and easily Brainwashed those people Obama calls "His People" are.
Not to mention how Obama, and the Democrats who depend on the Black Vote to remain in power. DO NOT WANT Black, Uninformed, nearly Illiterate Black Americans to LEARN, or gain KNOWLEDGE that will turn the Black American population against OBAMA, and the DEMOCRATS.

That is why Obama and the Democrats HATE the INTERNET. Hate Libraries, and play the MORE MONEY for schools, and our Kids phony games...just before every election cycle.
The LESS Black Americans know about how OBAMA, and the DEMOCRATS are cheating, and lying to them. The more...Obama and the Dems know...THE DUMB, IGNORANT, ILLITERATE Black Population WILL VOTE FOR THEM...Without questioning the Lies.

aboutime
07-09-2012, 03:53 PM
It is amazing how so many people (Obama and his supporters) fail to grasp the basic principals of Economics 101

They have been doing this for 3 1/2 years and things are worse so they double down with even more of the same

http://tax-evasion.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/1310933710-79.jpg

Those people you are talking about have NO IDEA what Economics 101 is. If they can't spell their name on an ID card. How can we expect them to know how OBAMA and the Democrats are able to SPEND THEIR MONEY....even if there is NONE to spend????

sundaydriver
07-10-2012, 09:44 PM
They are really just going to be collecting DNC campaign donations.:laugh:
Of course 6,000 newly trained AND ARMED agents that have recently acquired how many million rounds of ammo? About ten thousands rounds per agent I believe, they either plan on doing a lot of killing or a damn lot of missing!-;)-Looks to me like somebody wants a TAX revolt ! Wonder what big eared bastard that could be?-Tyr

Armed are they? I can only find in the budget so far is 2700 new IRS agents and armed is never mentioned or inplied.

ConHog
07-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Armed are they? I can only find in the budget so far is 2700 new IRS agents and armed is never mentioned or inplied.

They won't be armed. That was a point I made in a thread awhile back about DHS employees and even Army personnel being told hide in the event of an attack. Of course that's what they should do, b/c most of them aren't armed.

Kathianne
07-10-2012, 11:42 PM
IRS special agents are armed:

http://www.irs.gov/irm/part9/irm_09-001-004.html#d0e199

9.1.4.6 (05-30-2008)
Directive No. 4 - Firearms

The nature of CI's activities requires the ability to respond in a safe and timely manner 24 hours a day. Special agents are not expected to be armed at all times, but must have access to their assigned firearm when required to perform official duties.

Special agents are authorized, but are not required, to carry their IRS-issued weapon when off-duty. When carrying their IRS-issued weapon off-duty, special agents are subject to all IRM provisions concerning firearms.

Criminal Investigation will provide each special agent with a firearms safe in the office and a safety container for home storage.

The Chief, CI, will ensure that each special agent has met the requirements to carry firearms. Futhermore, the Director, Field Operations and each SAC will ensure that each special agent in his/her office has met the requirements to carry firearms.

The SAC may authorize special agents to carry IRS-owned weapons other than the agents' assigned firearm (for example, shotguns). The SAC will notify the Director, Field Operations of such authorization within 24 hours.

Special agents who carry a privately-owned weapon during off-duty hours are subject to the same civil and criminal restrictions as a private citizen. Special agents may not use their position or credentials to qualify under state or local laws to purchase, license, carry, or use private weapons; however upon request, credentials may be displayed as occupational identification, but not to influence the decision.

red states rule
07-11-2012, 03:17 AM
It is always nice to see the teacher take the uninformed student to school

Nice job Kat
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kathianne again.

logroller
07-11-2012, 03:49 AM
I was curious about the ways and means estimate and came across this article.

AP: Can IRS manage to police taxes and health care law?

Monday, July 09, 2012

By Stephen Ohlemacher

WASHINGTON – Can the Internal Revenue Service police President Obama's health care mandate while simultaneously collecting all the taxes for running the federal government?
...snip...

The law, however, severely limits the ability of the IRS to collect the penalties. There are no civil or criminal penalties for refusing to pay it and the IRS cannot seize bank accounts or dock wages to collect it. No interest accumulates for unpaid penalties.

So how can the IRS enforce the mandate? Scary letters and threats to withhold tax refunds.

The law allows the IRS to withhold tax refunds to collect the penalty, and most filers get refunds. This year, 77% of the 135 million individual income tax returns processed by the IRS qualified for a refund. The average refund: $2,707.

For those who don't qualify for a refund, a stern letter from the IRS can be effective, even if it doesn't come with the threat of civil or criminal penalties, said Elizabeth Maresca, a former IRS trial attorney who supervises the Tax & Consumer Litigation Clinic at the Fordham University law school.

I didn't know that, still have my doubts, but this was reprinted on the House Ways And Means site, http://waysandmeans.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=302375

The IRS- CI is the armed branch of the IRS, and they investigate and enforce criminal tax matters.
So if it's true that the tax carries no criminal penalty, they're be no special agents showing up at your house.

Kathianne
07-11-2012, 05:36 AM
I was curious about the ways and means estimate and came across this article.

I didn't know that, still have my doubts, but this was reprinted on the House Ways And Means site, http://waysandmeans.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=302375

The IRS- CI is the armed branch of the IRS, and they investigate and enforce criminal tax matters.
So if it's true that the tax carries no criminal penalty, they're be no special agents showing up at your house.

I seriously doubt that one would find armed agents at one's home or place of employment to collect, yet. Funny thing though, when one gives the government the ok to tax what people cannot afford, suddenly a whole new America has been born. Never say, never.

sundaydriver
07-11-2012, 07:49 AM
IRS special agents are armed:

http://www.irs.gov/irm/part9/irm_09-001-004.html#d0e199

9.1.4.6 (05-30-2008)
Directive No. 4 - Firearms

The nature of CI's activities requires the ability to respond in a safe and timely manner 24 hours a day. Special agents are not expected to be armed at all times, but must have access to their assigned firearm when required to perform official duties.
Special agents are authorized, but are not required, to carry their IRS-issued weapon when off-duty. When carrying their IRS-issued weapon off-duty, special agents are subject to all IRM provisions concerning firearms.
Criminal Investigation will provide each special agent with a firearms safe in the office and a safety container for home storage.
The Chief, CI, will ensure that each special agent has met the requirements to carry firearms. Futhermore, the Director, Field Operations and each SAC will ensure that each special agent in his/her office has met the requirements to carry firearms.
The SAC may authorize special agents to carry IRS-owned weapons other than the agents' assigned firearm (for example, shotguns). The SAC will notify the Director, Field Operations of such authorization within 24 hours.
Special agents who carry a privately-owned weapon during off-duty hours are subject to the same civil and criminal restrictions as a private citizen. Special agents may not use their position or credentials to qualify under state or local laws to purchase, license, carry, or use private weapons; however upon request, credentials may be displayed as occupational identification, but not to influence the decision.

Why yes the agents in the Criminal Investigation Division are armed. Everyday IRS agents handling taxes and the new employees for the implentation of AHC are NOT .

ConHog
07-11-2012, 08:02 AM
Why yes the agents in the Criminal Investigation Division are armed. Everyday IRS agents handling taxes and the new employees for the implentation of AHC are NOT .

Exactly as was pointed out about border patrol the other day also. SOME border patrol agents are armed, most are not.

Now , if one wanted to argue that the IRS probably doesn't need ANY armed agents, I actually agree with that. Seems to me the FBI should be making arrests when necessary, but once again people are getting silly over nothing.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-11-2012, 08:37 AM
http://www.examiner.com/article/if-you-are-muslim-you-can-opt-out-of-the-obamacare-health-care-reform-laws-with-no-penalties

If you are Muslim you can opt out of the Obamacare health care reform laws with no penalties
Business & FinanceMarch 26, 2010
By: Gil Guignat2 Email.Get Small Business alerts!

Isn't this nice. If you are of the Muslim religion, you don't have to give all the new Obamacare healthcare reform regulations and penalties another thought. Because the concept of being compelled to participate in such a healthcare program offends Islamic sensibilities, Muslims are specifically exempt.

As a matter of fact if you are Amish, American Indian or a Chistian Scientist you do not need to participate or pay the taxes associated with healthcare reform. That means not having to be forced to buy healthcare insurance, not paying the taxes or the penalties if you don't get it. Nice!

Here is what the regulations say:

EXEMPTIONS FROM INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY REQUIREMENTS.

—In the case of an individual who is seeking an exemption certificate under section 1311(d)(4)(H) from any requirement or penalty imposed by section 5000A, the following information:

In the case of an individual seeking exemption based on the individual’s status as a
member of an exempt religious sect or division, as a member of a health care sharing ministry, as an Indian,
or as an individual eligible for a hardship exemption, such information as the Secretary shall prescribe.”

Senate Bill, H.R. 3590, pages 273-274

There are several reasons why an individual could claim exemption, being a member of a religion that does not believe in insurance is one of them. Islam is one of those religions. Muslims believe that health insurance is “haraam”, or forbidden; because they liken the ambiguity and probability of insurance to gambling. This belief excludes them from any of the requirements, mandates, or penalties set forth in the bill. More...

This means that if you are Christian and abortion is against your religion tough luck.

If you are Jewish tough luck as well.

We wonder why these certain groups get a free ride. We also wonder why the largest religious block in North and South America the Christians are discriminated against like this. Very odd indeed.

There is a lot of food for thought here and a lot of ways to object to this healthcare bill isn't there?

Religious exemptions are part of the law and guess what no Christian religious group qualifies that I could find. Islam does and thats why we havent seen any criticisms from the "ever so peaceful " believers of the camel jockey!--Tyr

red states rule
07-11-2012, 04:26 PM
I seriously doubt that one would find armed agents at one's home or place of employment to collect, yet. Funny thing though, when one gives the government the ok to tax what people cannot afford, suddenly a whole new America has been born. Never say, never.

You either pay it, or have your bank accounts, property, and other valuables seized

If all else fails - you go to jail

Somewhere along the line, you will meet up with agents who are armed with guns

It is all part of that hope and chnage stuff we were promised

Kathianne
07-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Exactly as was pointed out about border patrol the other day also. SOME border patrol agents are armed, most are not.

Now , if one wanted to argue that the IRS probably doesn't need ANY armed agents, I actually agree with that. Seems to me the FBI should be making arrests when necessary, but once again people are getting silly over nothing.

and that's not what's happening. Indeed, from all that has come before us in the past 10 years, one can infer that there will be many more 'special agents' of the IRS and other enforcement agencies. It seems that the executive branch needs its wings clipped, yesterday.

ConHog
07-11-2012, 04:34 PM
and that's not what's happening. Indeed, from all that has come before us in the past 10 years, one can infer that there will be many more 'special agents' of the IRS and other enforcement agencies. It seems that the executive branch needs its wings clipped, yesterday.

We completely agree on that point. But most irs agents are not armed and most taxpayers will never see one who is.

Kathianne
07-11-2012, 04:35 PM
We completely agree on that point. But most irs agents are not armed and most taxpayers will never see one who is.

Of course 'we' do. :rolleyes:

ConHog
07-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Of course 'we' do. :rolleyes:

HUH? I've posted several times that we have entirely too many federal police agencies kath. In fact , earlier in THIS thread I opined that the FBI should be making any arrests that the IRS needs made. Meaning of course that IMO the IRS doesn't need armed agents with arresting authority.

red states rule
07-11-2012, 04:58 PM
HUH? I've posted several times that we have entirely too many federal police agencies kath. In fact , earlier in THIS thread I opined that the FBI should be making any arrests that the IRS needs made. Meaning of course that IMO the IRS doesn't need armed agents with arresting authority.

Mr Wind Song have another drama moment