PDA

View Full Version : Microwaved baby's mom wants her back........

nevadamedic
05-23-2007, 05:37 PM
A 20-year-old Arkansas woman will be allowed supervised visits with her baby daughter, who is still recovering from burns caused by a microwave.

“I’d go to the ends of the Earth to get my baby girl back,” said Mauldin.

During the mediation session in Galveston Wednesday, Eva Mauldin agreed to take parenting classes and undergo periodic drug and alcohol testing.

Mauldin's attorney told 11 News she will continue to fight for custody of the 2-month-old, who remains in the care of a foster family.

Mauldin's husband, Joshua, is accused of putting the infant in a microwave in a Galveston motel.

Eva Mauldin talked exclusively with 11 News Tuesday as she sorted through her daughter's clothing -- not knowing if she can or will ever wear them again.

Also online

Attack on microwave baby detailed

Microwave baby's dad seeks new attorney

Watch the entire interview with the microwave baby's mother

"This is my dad's favorite outfit for her,” said Mauldin as she pointed one of the outfits out.

It's been a difficult week since her husband Joshua Mauldin was arrested.

For the first time, the 20-year-old agreed to an on camera interview to share her story and family pictures as long as her face was concealed. She said the reason for not showing her face on camera was simply because she looks different now than photos that have been previously published.

Joshua and Eva Mauldin were married two years ago while he was in the Army. They welcomed their first baby, a girl named Ana, in March.

Without any notice, she says Joshua told her it was time to move. The Lord was calling he said, calling him to move to Galveston and become a minister.

KHOU.com

Eva Mauldin
They drove down from Arkansas stayed in a hotel until the night two weeks ago when she said her world was turned upside down.

"I told my husband I'm going to go downstairs and get the toiletry bags,” Eva Mauldin said.

When she returned to Room 518, she found her husband yelling and the baby on the bed.

"She wasn't even crying she was just doing her little whine,” said Eva. “Her ear was grey, her left hand was swollen and cracked open and her face she was burned on it."

Joshua first told her and police he accidentally spilled boiling water on the baby.

"I just put my hand on her and I prayed and I tried to put her pacifier in her mouth I didn't want to touch her though because I didn't want to hurt her,” said Eva.

Joshua finally confessed to placing the baby in the hotel microwave and leaving it on for about 10 seconds.

"He said that he did it but he like seen himself doing it but he couldn't stop it when he come to that's when he stopped and he pulled her out,” said Eva.

The baby suffered severe burns and on Monday was released from Shriners Burns Hospital into the care of foster parents.

Eva says that's a mistake.

"I need my daughter and my daughter needs me, especially right now,” she said.

So she will fight to get her baby back. And she said she will fight to keep her marriage alive.

11 News: Why would you stay with him? If he did that to your own child, why would you support him?

Eva Mauldin: “Because when I said my vows I promised the Lord I would stay with him in good times and in bad."

She is currently unpacking in her new Galveston apartment.

Eva Mauldin said she is looking for work in Galveston, because she wants to stay there and fight to get her daughter back. She also wants to be close to her husband.

As for Joshua Mauldin, he is still behind bars facing felony injury to a child charges.

His mediation to discuss custody of Ana is scheduled for Thursday.

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou070523_mh_microwavebabymediation.1e005c7.html There is also a video there too.

This is stupid, these people should not even be allowed supervised visits.

JLO
05-23-2007, 05:55 PM
I think that you already know very well how I feel on this one! These stories make me sooooo mad. It is these young parents that don't know what being a parent means. This cild should go to a home where someone will love and cherish them not put them in a microwave and blame it on voices in their head.

-Cp
05-23-2007, 06:08 PM
I think that you already know very well how I feel on this one! These stories make me sooooo mad. It is these young parents that don't know what being a parent means. This cild should go to a home where someone will love and cherish them not put them in a microwave and blame it on voices in their head.

I'd take that baby into our home in a HEARTbeat...