PDA

View Full Version : McConnell gives Republicans '50-50' chance of winning Senate majority

Shadow
07-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said Sunday that Republicans have a “50-50” chance of taking control of the chamber in November.
Democrats now hold a 53-to-47 majority, with Connecticut Sen. Joseph Lieberman and Vermont Sen. Bernard Sanders, both Independents, caucusing with Democrats.
Though McConnell, R-Ky., said the GOP has an even chance of winning the Senate, he also acknowledges the battle will be tough.
“I think it is going to be a very close, competitive election,” McConnell said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “There are a number of places where we have opportunities for pickups, not many places where we have much chance of losing a seat. I think at the end of the day, we will have a very narrow Senate one way or the other.”
McConnell acknowledged that Virginia and Massachusetts are states with close races and “good candidates,” but that Republicans will still prevail.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/08/mcconnell-gives-republicans-50-50-chance-winning-senate-majority/?test=latestnews#ixzz203CWlqLX

aboutime
07-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Is that a SAFE, typical Political prediction or what?

Even Harry Reid, from Nevada would at least PLACE a larger bet.

50%.....50%????

He really went out on a limb with that prediction.

Shadow
07-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Is that a SAFE, typical Political prediction or what?

Even Harry Reid, from Nevada would at least PLACE a larger bet.

50%.....50%????

He really went out on a limb with that prediction.

LOL...yes...I almost added that comment to the OP too. Aren't their chances pretty much ALWAYS 50/50 :)

Maybe the polls they looked at previously were a lot lower or something, and he now see's light at the end of the tunnel.

aboutime
07-08-2012, 03:33 PM
LOL...yes...I almost added that comment to the OP too. Aren't their chances pretty much ALWAYS 50/50 :)

Maybe the polls they looked at previously were a lot lower or something, and he now see's light at the end of the tunnel.

That sounds about right to me. But that Tunnel, based on a 50-50 guess, is like being inside a Huge Donut kind of tunnel. It has no beginning, and No end.

fj1200
07-09-2012, 11:33 PM

Except the Dems are defending so many more seats this go-round based on their thumping in '06.