PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Oddsmaker: Why Obama Will Lose in a Landslide

Shadow
07-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Most political predictions are made by biased pollsters, pundits, or prognosticators who are either rooting for Republicans or Democrats. I am neither. I am a former Libertarian Vice Presidential nominee, and a well-known Vegas oddsmaker with one of the most accurate records of predicting political races.

Neither Obama nor Romney are my horses in the race. I believe both Republicans and Democrats have destroyed the U.S. economy and brought us to the edge of economic disaster. My vote will go to Libertarian Presidential candidate Gary Johnson in November, whom I believe has the most fiscally conservative track record of any Governor in modern U.S. political history. Without the bold spending cuts of a Gary Johnson or Ron Paul, I don’t believe it’s possible to turnaround America.

But as an oddsmaker with a pretty remarkable track record of picking political races, I play no favorites. I simply use common sense to call them as I see them. Back in late December I released my New Years Predictions. I predicted back then- before a single GOP primary had been held, with Romney trailing for months to almost every GOP competitor from Rick Perry to Herman Cain to Newt- that Romney would easily rout his competition to win the GOP nomination by a landslide. I also predicted that the Presidential race between Obama and Romney would be very close until election day. But that on election day Romney would win by a landslide similar to Reagan-Carter in 1980.

http://townhall.com/columnists/wayneallynroot/2012/05/30/why_obama_will_lose_in_a_landslide

Little-Acorn
07-08-2012, 02:15 PM
In this forum it is traditional to indicate in the OP (Opening post) who wrote it.

Unless you wrote it yourself, in which case your name in the poster's title above, is sufficient.

aboutime
07-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Hope your record of prognostications is on the Money, and not Obama Bucks.

Many of us out here are feeling the same way. But not above realizing what Wishful Thinking usually becomes.

So. I plan on reserving my personal predictions, as to not SPOIL it with any kind of psychological tricks that SOME rely on while using Reverse Psychology, hoping it will be Reversed again.

If that made any sense. Let me know. Otherwise. Wish I could just go to sleep until November sixth, and wake up with CHEERS to my liking.

Kathianne
07-08-2012, 03:51 PM
In this forum it is traditional to indicate in the OP (Opening post) who wrote it.

Unless you wrote it yourself, in which case your name in the poster's title above, is sufficient.

Huh? She provided a link, that is very sufficient. I would have used 'quote/unquote' but it was clear that she was linking back.

aboutime
07-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Huh? She provided a link, that is very sufficient. I would have used 'quote/unquote' but it was clear that she was linking back.

There's always gotta be someone who finds something wrong, for some reason, to please their selfish desires to convince themselves...they must always be RIGHT about everything.

No wonder people are afraid to voice their honest opinions. Somebody, somewhere will find a reason to belittle them...to hide the little mental capacity of the whiner.

Shadow
07-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Hope your record of prognostications is on the Money, and not Obama Bucks.

Many of us out here are feeling the same way. But not above realizing what Wishful Thinking usually becomes.

So. I plan on reserving my personal predictions, as to not SPOIL it with any kind of psychological tricks that SOME rely on while using Reverse Psychology, hoping it will be Reversed again.

If that made any sense. Let me know. Otherwise. Wish I could just go to sleep until November sixth, and wake up with CHEERS to my liking.

I just thought a few of his comments were interesting and I agreed with them.

1). No one who voted for McCain in the last election...will turn around and switch to vote for Obama this election.
2). Obama has nowhere to go but down with the Black vote. He angered a lot of them when he backed gay marriage.
3). He has nowhere to go but down with Hispanics. And if the GOP picks Rubio as VP...the Gop can pick up voters there.

Plus... IMO he forgot to mention that Obama has nowhere to go but down with the youth vote also.

Shadow
07-08-2012, 04:28 PM

Sorry...didn't mean to confuse you. That's the way I have always posted articles. Brief clip of the article followed by a link. Sometimes I add my own comments...sometimes I don't. This time I didn't.:beer:

red states rule
07-09-2012, 03:36 AM
I believe the Electoral Map in Novemeber will look like the Electoral Map of 2004 when Bush had 286 Electoral Votes and Kerry eneded up with 251

Not a blow out but enough to send Obama packing back to Chicago and take a job at MSDNC as a political consultant

mundame
07-09-2012, 10:24 AM
Well, this alleged oddsmaker is WAY off base with the most reliable such figures --- Intrade Odds has 56.2 Obama to 40.7 Romney as of now. Market mind, Wisdom of the Crowd. See the national election figures top right on the RealClearPolitics page, http://www.realclearpolitics.com/?state=nwa .

That may change, of course. It's only July.

red states rule
07-11-2012, 03:24 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/lb0711cd20120710092035.jpg

sundaydriver
07-11-2012, 07:21 AM
The odds in Vegas on your next post being a cartoon would be 1 to 500! :laugh:

Shadow
07-11-2012, 07:26 AM
The odds in Vegas on your next post being a cartoon would be 1 to 500! :laugh:

Probably about the same odds as a post of yours being a snippy little jab at someone else no doubt.:rolleyes: