PDA

View Full Version : Afghan woman's execution sparks outrage

jimnyc
07-09-2012, 10:14 AM
No, this is not about ALL muslims. In fact, even some locals are already condemning the "honor killing". And while they are disgusted, as you can see from the article, 150 others stood by and actually cheered on the killing, and swore "God is great" after she was dead. And this is the point I have been making... There are many, many more peaceful muslims than these scumbags. But there is a HUGE amount of muslims that still condone this crap. Go ahead, compare it to ANYTHING in the US and you won't come close. Only in Islamic countries will you find savages cheering on a public murder.

CHARIKAR, Afghanistan (Reuters) - Sayed Jalal furrowed his eyebrows in anger as he vowed to avenge the public execution of a woman in front of a large crowd not far from Kabul, brazen violence that spurred shock and sharp condemnation from Afghan authorities and the United States.

The Taliban denied involvement in the killing in Parwan province, in which an unnamed woman's head and body were riddled with bullets at close range in punishment for alleged adultery.

Authorities in Kabul directly blamed the Islamist group.

"We will take revenge for this. Their brutality and such inhumane acts are why we hate the Taliban," said the 42-year-old shopkeeper in Charikar, provincial capital of Parwan about 25 km (15 miles) south of Shinwari, where the killing took place.

The execution was recorded in a three-minute video, obtained by Reuters, which shows a woman in a shawl being repeatedly shot in front of around 150 men perched on a hill, who cheer and praise the attackers, calling them "mujahideen," a term the Taliban call themselves.

http://news.yahoo.com/locals-vow-revenge-afghan-womans-execution-214723263.html

mundame
07-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Usual thing.

They kill the woman;

I suppose they give the man a medal, though.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Usual thing.

They kill the woman;

I suppose they give the man a medal, though.

The man gets boasting rights! And ALLAH adds an extra virgin to the 72 virgins in paradise just waiting for his arrival. Allah's paradise apparently is one big orgy fest!-:laugh2:

jimnyc
07-09-2012, 10:53 AM
The man gets boasting rights! And ALLAH adds an extra virgin to the 72 virgins in paradise just waiting for his arrival. Allah's paradise apparently is one big orgy fest!-:laugh2:

I'm told that the 72 virgins thing is a myth, or apparently a distortion or perversion of the religion. I don't know if this is only a terrorist thing, a martyr thing, a "jihad" thing or a hoax of sorts. I've also heard of it just being "paradise" in the after life for them. I know the friends I hang with don't believe in it, they think those who do are nuts. But my friends are from more "friendly" countries. It's obvious that many out there DO believe in the extremist side of things though.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-09-2012, 11:09 AM
I'm told that the 72 virgins thing is a myth, or apparently a distortion or perversion of the religion. I don't know if this is only a terrorist thing, a martyr thing, a "jihad" thing or a hoax of sorts. I've also heard of it just being "paradise" in the after life for them. I know the friends I hang with don't believe in it, they think those who do are nuts. But my friends are from more "friendly" countries. It's obvious that many out there DO believe in the extremist side of things though.

I've been told that is certainly no myth because many Mullahs tell their brainwashed idiots it is a promise from Allah.
To those that believe it is just as real as the Prophet diddling a 9 year old girl is ok. Think about justifying that and you can see why they believe.
Not disputing that many muslims do not believe it but likely most of those that do not believe are here in the West and not in a muslim controlled nation.
Honor killings are another example of that which not all muslims believe in but enough do to make it a threat and cause how many deaths a year worldwide? -Tyr

DragonStryk72
07-09-2012, 12:08 PM
No, this is not about ALL muslims. In fact, even some locals are already condemning the "honor killing". And while they are disgusted, as you can see from the article, 150 others stood by and actually cheered on the killing, and swore "God is great" after she was dead. And this is the point I have been making... There are many, many more peaceful muslims than these scumbags. But there is a HUGE amount of muslims that still condone this crap. Go ahead, compare it to ANYTHING in the US and you won't come close. Only in Islamic countries will you find savages cheering on a public murder.

http://news.yahoo.com/locals-vow-revenge-afghan-womans-execution-214723263.html

How many people were calling for the Death Penalty for Zimmerman's "hate crime"?

jimnyc
07-09-2012, 03:45 PM
How many people were calling for the Death Penalty for Zimmerman's "hate crime"?

Yep, some idiots were verbal about their hatred for Zimmerman. But their was no public spectacle of a murder cheered on by jubilant locals. I'll give you the fact that some might have liked that, but for whatever reason, these large spectacle don't happen in the States.

mundame
07-09-2012, 03:50 PM

Whoa, good point.

Yes, there were a lot of angry mobs/demonstrations about that. They'd certainly have lynched Zimmerman if they could have. What was the difference? Law and order, I think, good crowd control by police.

There isn't any ability to stop mobs in Muslim countries.

jimnyc
07-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Whoa, good point.

Yes, there were a lot of angry mobs/demonstrations about that. They'd certainly have lynched Zimmerman if they could have. What was the difference? Law and order, I think, good crowd control by police.

There isn't any ability to stop mobs in Muslim countries.

Even with the mobs - did you see any of them walking around with AK-47's? There's a HUGE difference between people expressing anger, and acting out on that anger. But I'm glad the analogy was made, as it shows that Americans can express their anger without resorting to behavior worse than animals, whereas in some places it takes them less than an hour to get angry, sentence someone to death, and then cheer on while a brave man shoots a woman in the back 7-10 times. And then give all the glory to Allah, of course.

gabosaurus
07-09-2012, 05:34 PM
"Honor killing" is a part of many societies in many different countries.

Reports submitted to the United Nations Commission on Human Rights show that honor killings have occurred in Bangladesh, Great Britain, Brazil, Ecuador, Egypt, India, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Pakistan, Morocco, Sweden, Turkey, and Uganda. In countries not submitting reports to the UN, the practice was condoned under the rule of the fundamentalist Taliban government in Afghanistan, and has been reported in Iraq and Iran.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/02/0212_020212_honorkilling.html

jimnyc
07-09-2012, 05:38 PM
"Honor killing" is a part of many societies in many different countries.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/02/0212_020212_honorkilling.html

Yes, and in modern times, it's overwhelmingly performed in the Islamic world. Pretty much every honor killing I have ever read about has involved Muslims, while I have little doubt others have done so as well. Others doing it, just like abuse, doesn't excuse either.

gabosaurus
07-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Yes, and in modern times, it's overwhelmingly performed in the Islamic world. Pretty much every honor killing I have ever read about has involved Muslims, while I have little doubt others have done so as well. Others doing it, just like abuse, doesn't excuse either.

ABSOLUTELY WRONG.
And if you would bother too look it up, you would find that Hindu cultures practice it a lot more. It remains prevalent in Africa and South America as well.
Just because you don't see it on Fox News doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

jimnyc
07-09-2012, 06:10 PM
ABSOLUTELY WRONG.
And if you would bother too look it up, you would find that Hindu cultures practice it a lot more. It remains prevalent in Africa and South America as well.

It's so easy making you look foolish.

20,000 honor murders are made each year in the Middle East and Southwest Asia. Outside of Israel, WHO do you think mostly makes up that land? That's right, Muslims. So go ahead and show me statistics where other places have more than 20,000 honor killings per year. I'm sure not every killing was by a Muslim in that region, but the most naive of the naive would be the only ones not realizing that area is predominantly muslim.

red state
07-09-2012, 06:36 PM
ABSOLUTELY WRONG.

Yep...if you mean all the $#!t HOLES in the world, I agree but this does not happen in CHRISTIAN Nations like the USA!

As for the "honor" in this, it is proven that muSLUMS use this to silence a woman who knows some dirty laundry on a man or when the man is simply tired of her and wishes to take on a new, improved 'model'. There is NOTHING honorable about is-SLUM but everything that is NOT free is.

aboutime
07-09-2012, 09:26 PM
ABSOLUTELY WRONG.

Gee gabby. If what you say is true. Since none of us have ever seen or heard of you on Fox News. Guess that means you don't exist either.

Thanks for the Heads-up. You can stop posting now. Why should any of us respond to someone who doesn't exist?

gabosaurus
07-09-2012, 09:41 PM
It's so easy making you look foolish.

20,000 honor murders are made each year in the Middle East and Southwest Asia. Outside of Israel, WHO do you think mostly makes up that land? That's right, Muslims. So go ahead and show me statistics where other places have more than 20,000 honor killings per year. I'm sure not every killing was by a Muslim in that region, but the most naive of the naive would be the only ones not realizing that area is predominantly muslim.

You are correct in that most reported honor killings are among Muslims. Trouble is, the majority of honor killings are never reported. This goes for Muslims and non-Muslims.
In the Indian subcontinent and in South America, many women merely disappear. There are no reports because families merely accept that it happens.
Not to mention the larger numbers of Muslims as compared to other religious sects who practice anti-female violence.
I doubt that you will accept this because it would deprive you of your anti-Muslim point.

jafar00
07-09-2012, 10:38 PM
This is terrible and just goes to show what a waste the war on Afghanistan has been both in material and human cost. The great US behemoth has been beaten by a bunch of "goat herders".

On the other hand, killings like in this video (Christians executing Muslims) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1hc1zKnLr0 go largely unreported but are no less disgusting.

jimnyc
07-10-2012, 06:45 AM
This is terrible and just goes to show what a waste the war on Afghanistan has been both in material and human cost. The great US behemoth has been beaten by a bunch of "goat herders".

On the other hand, killings like in this video (Christians executing Muslims) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1hc1zKnLr0 go largely unreported but are no less disgusting.

How many thousands and thousands are dead in Afghanistan and Iraq in total? How many US troops? Sounds to me like the goat herders were annihilated! Some surviving through it while living in caves, and later shooting a woman in the back, doesn't mean they "beat" the US at anything. The goal of war is to kill the other guy. I think the US killed more people in the initial invasion than they lost lives in total! And the sad part is, Muslims have probably killed just as many women since then as they have US troops.

jimnyc
07-10-2012, 06:51 AM
You are correct in that most reported honor killings are among Muslims. Trouble is, the majority of honor killings are never reported. This goes for Muslims and non-Muslims.
In the Indian subcontinent and in South America, many women merely disappear. There are no reports because families merely accept that it happens.
Not to mention the larger numbers of Muslims as compared to other religious sects who practice anti-female violence.
I doubt that you will accept this because it would deprive you of your anti-Muslim point.

Nope, it seems to help. You do realize there are a handful of Muslims in India? Probably 15-20% of the continent is Muslim. So stats instead of general speak would be nice. Are these Hindu or Muslims committing the murders? And South America, I'd like to see stats too. But I'll grant you all of them in advance, and make it clear that all of them in total still won't add up to a fraction of the honor killings that take place in the Middle East and in Southwest Asia.

jafar00
07-10-2012, 09:04 AM
How many thousands and thousands are dead in Afghanistan and Iraq in total? How many US troops?

Many thousands of innocents to get at a few bad people. That's the waste I am talking about.

fj1200
07-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Many thousands of innocents to get at a few bad people. That's the waste I am talking about.

A waste and being beaten are two different things.

jimnyc
07-10-2012, 09:19 AM

Agreed. Yes, innocent people die in war, it's been that way since the beginning of time. How many innocent people die has no bearing on win/loss. The only way I can see a loss there is because the country is fucked up still and the looneys are hiding in the woodwork like vermin, or cockroaches. But war is hell, and there is a big difference between meeting an objective and "winning". Winning is when you kill the other guy and you stay alive. Afghanis haven't fared well at all in that department. If the troops were allowed to take the gloves off and fight properly, it would be even worse. It's PC crap that allows any of these goat herding terrorists to live (assuming goat herder = Taliban, since we aren't there to go to war with locals)

jafar00
07-10-2012, 09:30 AM

In this case the Taliban have been "beaten" so badly that they still have influence over much of the country and as witnessed by this heinous act, are free to commit extrajudicial executions as they please. The Taliban can only be beaten by educating the Afghan people. I've seen videos where a Taliban fighter was being slapped while trying to learn the very basics of prayer. If a 20 something Taliban grunt can't master the basics that every Muslim child learns from an early age, how is he supposed to know that what the Taliban commander has been teaching him about their twisted version of sharia is wrong? If they were taught the religion of Islam correctly and knew how to read the Qur'aan, they would reject the Taliban themselves. Right now they are strong because the afghan people are either uneducated or just plain terrified.

fj1200
07-10-2012, 09:37 AM
In this case the Taliban have been "beaten" so badly that they still have influence over much of the country and as witnessed by this heinous act, are free to commit extrajudicial executions as they please. The Taliban can only be beaten by educating the Afghan people. I've seen videos where a Taliban fighter was being slapped while trying to learn the very basics of prayer. If a 20 something Taliban grunt can't master the basics that every Muslim child learns from an early age, how is he supposed to know that what the Taliban commander has been teaching him about their twisted version of sharia is wrong? If they were taught the religion of Islam correctly and knew how to read the Qur'aan, they would reject the Taliban themselves. Right now they are strong because the afghan people are either uneducated or just plain terrified.

Then they've beaten themselves if anything and Al Qaeda's threat to the US is virtually eliminated. The second part is why Afghanistan was invaded.

Gaffer
07-10-2012, 10:45 AM
The taliban are sunni. As is AQ. The taliban hid in pakistan and reformed their fighters. Getting supplies and equipment from the paks and also from iran. The shea do support the sunni's when they have a mutual goal.

DragonStryk72
07-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Even with the mobs - did you see any of them walking around with AK-47's? There's a HUGE difference between people expressing anger, and acting out on that anger. But I'm glad the analogy was made, as it shows that Americans can express their anger without resorting to behavior worse than animals, whereas in some places it takes them less than an hour to get angry, sentence someone to death, and then cheer on while a brave man shoots a woman in the back 7-10 times. And then give all the glory to Allah, of course.

If I have an ak-47 with 30 rounds in the mag, and there are 200 guys with big fucking rocks, the guys with the big fucking rocks are gonna win, even if I kill one person for every shot fired. Mob mentality is how these things get their fuel, just look at Salem, Massachusetts for proof of that. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

For us, now, it's different. We've learned how to keep mobs from forming, and how to quiet them if they do.