PDA

View Full Version : Closure of Border Patrol stations across four states triggers alarm

Shadow
07-11-2012, 09:17 PM
The Obama administration is moving to shut down nine Border Patrol stations across four states, triggering a backlash from local law enforcement, members of Congress and Border Patrol agents themselves.

Critics of the move warn the closures will undercut efforts to intercept drug and human traffickers in well-traveled corridors north of the U.S.-Mexico border. Though the affected stations are scattered throughout northern and central Texas, and three other states, the coverage areas still see plenty of illegal immigrant activity -- one soon-to-be-shuttered station in Amarillo, Texas, is right in the middle of the I-40 corridor; another in Riverside, Calif., is outside Los Angeles.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection says it's closing the stations in order to reassign agents to high-priority areas closer to the border

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/10/closure-border-patrol-stations-across-four-states-triggers-alarm/#ixzz20N2xUhrV

aboutime
07-11-2012, 09:37 PM
The Obama administration is moving to shut down nine Border Patrol stations across four states, triggering a backlash from local law enforcement, members of Congress and Border Patrol agents themselves.

Critics of the move warn the closures will undercut efforts to intercept drug and human traffickers in well-traveled corridors north of the U.S.-Mexico border. Though the affected stations are scattered throughout northern and central Texas, and three other states, the coverage areas still see plenty of illegal immigrant activity -- one soon-to-be-shuttered station in Amarillo, Texas, is right in the middle of the I-40 corridor; another in Riverside, Calif., is outside Los Angeles.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection says it's closing the stations in order to reassign agents to high-priority areas closer to the border

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/10/closure-border-patrol-stations-across-four-states-triggers-alarm/#ixzz20N2xUhrV

IF this isn't enough to warrant a FULL SCALE investigation into OBAMA and HOLDER. Nothing is.

Now is the time for ALL AMERICANS to let their voices be heard.
And, if that doesn't happen.
I do hope EVERY DEMOCRAT in Congress gets to experience the feelings of being THREATENED, up close and personal.
THIS IS A VIOLATION OF THE OATH OF OFFICE FOR OBAMA.
He has instructed that the DEFENSE of the United States be ignored.

ConHog
07-11-2012, 11:24 PM
So the government actually shrinks in an area and some STILL complain?

Shadow
07-11-2012, 11:47 PM
IF this isn't enough to warrant a FULL SCALE investigation into OBAMA and HOLDER. Nothing is.

Now is the time for ALL AMERICANS to let their voices be heard.
And, if that doesn't happen.
I do hope EVERY DEMOCRAT in Congress gets to experience the feelings of being THREATENED, up close and personal.
THIS IS A VIOLATION OF THE OATH OF OFFICE FOR OBAMA.
He has instructed that the DEFENSE of the United States be ignored.

Makes you wonder what they were thinking. They were already short handed...and now they are making it harder to police a known drug and human trafficking corridor. Now if they need assistance they have to wait hours until help arrives from other areas of the state.

DragonStryk72
07-12-2012, 12:11 AM
So the government actually shrinks in an area and some STILL complain?

In this case, yes. We'll keep increasing entitlements, while cutting defensive measures for the country at the same time, along with the sanctuary cities. Y'know, somehow I just don't see that combination leading to good things.

ConHog
07-12-2012, 12:16 AM
In this case, yes. We'll keep increasing entitlements, while cutting defensive measures for the country at the same time, along with the sanctuary cities. Y'know, somehow I just don't see that combination leading to good things.

I'll take cuts anywhere I can get them. In every department would be nice.

Shadow
07-12-2012, 12:17 AM

Me neither...they are putting the border patrol officers they do have at risk....along with the communities.

DragonStryk72
07-12-2012, 12:23 AM
I'll take cuts anywhere I can get them. In every department would be nice.

Except that the only place they're cutting is where we actually need people. It's like me deciding to remove the burglar alarm to save money, while at the same time getting a full DVR hook up complete with all the premium channels, and a brand new 1080p HDTV, and announcing to my gang members neighbors. That doesn't equate to a cut.

ConHog
07-12-2012, 12:28 AM
Except that the only place they're cutting is where we actually need people. It's like me deciding to remove the burglar alarm to save money, while at the same time getting a full DVR hook up complete with all the premium channels, and a brand new 1080p HDTV, and announcing to my gang members neighbors. That doesn't equate to a cut.

being for cuts in one area doesn't mean for increased spending in another.

That being said, I believe we've added Predator drones to our border patrol arsenal, or soon will. So of course less people are needed to patrol; BUT does it really matter anyway? we could have 10,000 agents patrolling the border and it wouldn't be adequate.

DragonStryk72
07-12-2012, 12:45 AM
being for cuts in one area doesn't mean for increased spending in another.

That being said, I believe we've added Predator drones to our border patrol arsenal, or soon will. So of course less people are needed to patrol; BUT does it really matter anyway? we could have 10,000 agents patrolling the border and it wouldn't be adequate.

Yeah, except that the people who are the experts on the area are flat out saying those places are needed. Drones are good, but that's just reporting, that isn't enforcement, and the farther away the enforcement folks are, the less chance they have of catching the bad guys. it's pretty simple, really. It's still not really equaling a cut, and worse, it's a cut in an area that we should be spending money.

Seriously, there were no other programs, nothing else that could have gone, just border security. There were no bloated programs that could have been trimmed down, nothing? It had to be this?

red states rule
07-12-2012, 03:42 AM
I guess Obama thinks are borders are too secure and not enough Undocumented Democrtas are getting into the country

http://www.americanthinker.com/cartoons/assets_c/2012/06/210__420x_outlaw-president-thumb-700xauto-1486.jpg

ConHog
07-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Yeah, except that the people who are the experts on the area are flat out saying those places are needed. Drones are good, but that's just reporting, that isn't enforcement, and the farther away the enforcement folks are, the less chance they have of catching the bad guys. it's pretty simple, really. It's still not really equaling a cut, and worse, it's a cut in an area that we should be spending money.

Seriously, there were no other programs, nothing else that could have gone, just border security. There were no bloated programs that could have been trimmed down, nothing? It had to be this?

OF COURSE other programs need cutting back. Never said otherwise.

Personally, I'd do away with border patrol. Let each state supply national guard troops to secure their international borders (supplemented by federal funding) and let the FBI handle those who need be arrested. So if the NG arrests a smuggler sneaking across the border turn him over to the FBI for charges.

It's a fact that BP aren't trained to deal with what's going on down there anyway, it's a freaking war zone.

Abbey Marie
07-12-2012, 11:28 AM
C'mon, people, we have to let them in before they can reproduce little Dem voters of the future.
Or perhaps the border-jumpers themselves can even vote. After all, we don't want to require id anymore.

aboutime
07-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Makes you wonder what they were thinking. They were already short handed...and now they are making it harder to police a known drug and human trafficking corridor. Now if they need assistance they have to wait hours until help arrives from other areas of the state.

It's all, nothing but Politics. Obama and company needs the Illegal votes Holder has been fighting to save with his Denouncement of requiring an ID. He knows. Illegals generally Never have Proper ID because they fear being deported.

Closing down border patrols is also just another Political trick that primarily tells Illegals. Your Messiah Obama is looking the Other Way, even if WE have fewer Jobs for you. We'll still give you Everything you want for FREE, and you can MAKE UP your own SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER too!

AS LONG AS YOUR ILLEGAL VOTE.....IS FOR ME!

DragonStryk72
07-12-2012, 02:38 PM
OF COURSE other programs need cutting back. Never said otherwise.

Personally, I'd do away with border patrol. Let each state supply national guard troops to secure their international borders (supplemented by federal funding) and let the FBI handle those who need be arrested. So if the NG arrests a smuggler sneaking across the border turn him over to the FBI for charges.

It's a fact that BP aren't trained to deal with what's going on down there anyway, it's a freaking war zone.

Except that Schwarzenegger tried to do just that, and the feds shut him down on it. So BP is all we really got at this point.

red state
07-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Let none of us forget that these folks will need jobs and Obama has just the job for them (other than repaying him with votes for letting them in). Yes, THEY may very well be the FORCE that B.O. was talking about before he "occupied" the White House: "...a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded..." We need such a "FORCE" on our border because there is no telling what or who is creeping across our border. WE ARE BEING INVADED!!!! It would be great to place what conservatives came up with years ago to reduce or stop this invasion we have on our borders and that is to fine business and/or shut them down when Illegals/Invaders are found within their work force (whether their 'pay' is 'documented' or not. Of course, the Dims and Repuke pretend conservatives fought this all the way.

red state
07-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Funny how lil' libbie loser lemmings would cut our throats by cutting budgets to our military/border protection yet they never voice an opinion about "benefits" to the lazy or illegal and other wasteful spending. THEY are the very bunch that have successfully given FREE health care to illegal invaders while CUTTING the insurance and charging more for the health care of our honorable military!!!! THEY are scum! We need to repeal Obama Care, and PEAL B.O.!!! He has many layers and they all stink!!! The 'occupier' must go...just as the border jumpers must go back to where they came from and CHANGE their destiny as our forefathers changed theirs!!!