PDA

View Full Version : Question: How come so many guests?

mundame
07-12-2012, 02:23 PM
I have a question, if anyone knows --- why are there so many guests who can't post here all the time on this forum? Right now, 41 guests to 9 posters!!

I never saw such a lot of non-posting guests on a forum before and I can't see what's in it for them if they can't participate? Anyone know? It's fine with me, I'm just curious.

jimnyc
07-12-2012, 02:38 PM
I have a question, if anyone knows --- why are there so many guests who can't post here all the time on this forum? Right now, 41 guests to 9 posters!!

I never saw such a lot of non-posting guests on a forum before and I can't see what's in it for them if they can't participate? Anyone know? It's fine with me, I'm just curious.

Over times, links/threads/posts make their way around the web, and others might have clicked to just read it as a reference with no intention on registering. Many of them are called "bots", not real people, computers searching websites and collecting data for search engines and such. And of course some are people who are called "lurkers", where they like visiting forums but not participating.

mundame
07-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Bots!! Omigod, I wasn't expecting that for an answer, that some of them aren't human.

Thanks, Jimmy.

eunicemorgia
07-13-2012, 12:08 PM

That's because they don't want to log in :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Over times, links/threads/posts make their way around the web, and others might have clicked to just read it as a reference with no intention on registering. Many of them are called "bots", not real people, computers searching websites and collecting data for search engines and such. And of course some are people who are called "lurkers", where they like visiting forums but not participating.

Lurkers are better than leakers which are even better than sneakers AND peeeeeeeeeeeeeekers! :laugh:-Tyr