PDA

View Full Version : Romney boos from the NAACP

Trigg
07-12-2012, 05:07 PM
WASHINGTON -- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (http://www.latimes.com/topic/politics/nancy-pelosi-PEPLT005126.topic), the House minority leader, suggested that Mitt Romney (http://www.latimes.com/topic/politics/government/mitt-romney-PEPLT007376.topic) sought the boos of disapproval he received in a speech before the NAACP (http://www.latimes.com/topic/social-issues/racism/naacp-ORNPR000027.topic).

“I think it was a calculated move on his part to get booed at the NAACP convention,” Pelosi told Bloomberg Television's Peter Cook.
Romney's speech before the nation's oldest civil rights organization was punctuated with boos from those gathered at the NAACP's annual convention in Houston on Wednesday, particularly as he criticized the nation's healthcare law championed by President Obama (http://www.latimes.com/topic/politics/government/barack-obama-PEPLT007408.topic).

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-pelosi-romney-wanted-naacp-convention-to-boo-him-20120712,0,3430275.story

The comments are interesting, half of them think he did it on purpose for the "racists" in the republican party and to get the independents attention and the other half congratulate him for not pandering to his audience.

He knew this was going to be a hostile audience so why change his message? Black unemployment is worse under bambam, I think hispanic unemployment is even better than black at this point. Why sugar coat things.

One poster says calling healthcare "Obamacare" is insulting to blacks?????? Apparently only if republicans use the word, because plenty of dems use the term everyday.

Kathianne
07-12-2012, 05:11 PM
An observation:

http://www.michaelmedved.com/pages/naacpspeech

The media did it again. They focused on the fact that Romney got booed at the NAACP Convention, but they didn't say how many times they applauded him. I charted the speech and each time they applauded him during his speech. Take a look at the following time sequence.

Times When They Applauded <wbr>His Comment

1:56 <wbr> <wbr> He would represent every race

2:58 <wbr> <wbr> He will help the middle class

3:58 <wbr> <wbr> He complimented the NAACP

6:39 <wbr> <wbr> You are entitled to an answer

7:27 <wbr> <wbr> A quote from Frederick Douglass

8:27 <wbr> <wbr> Blacks have waited long enough

9:53 <wbr> <wbr> He supports strong families & traditional marriages

11:15 <wbr> He will help the middle class

11:58 <wbr> <wbr> Bring Jobs back to the United States

12:24 <wbr> He will clamp down on cheaters like China who steal our jobs

12:52 <wbr> <wbr> He will stop spending

13:02 -13:18 <wbr> He was booed regarding overturning Obama Care

14:22 <wbr> He would protect social Security and Medicare with higher benefits for those with lower income and lower for higher income

14:51 <wbr> He refers to minimum wage jobs and the need for skilled workers

15:52 <wbr> Wages will rise again

16:28 <wbr> His goal as President it to create jobs for American people

16:39 <wbr> <wbr>If you want a president to make things better for the African American Community, you're looking at him

18:12 <wbr> The 4 year Scholarships program that he created while governor

19:58 <wbr> He joined with the Black Legislative Caucus in Mass to promote Charter Schools

20:36 <wbr> <wbr> He won't let special interest groups stand in the way of education reform

21:03 <wbr> Money for education will be linked to the student for true choice

21:49 <wbr> <wbr> The hospitality that they (NAACP) will be returned and he will seek their counsel

22:12 <wbr> If they invite him back next year as President he will say "Yes"

22:57 <wbr> He talks about his father as a man that he admired for equality and justice

23:14 <wbr> His father was a man of faith that knew that everyone was God's children

24:01 <wbr> <wbr> He said God's Mercy endureth forever

24:55 <wbr> NAACP and their past victories and their victories in the future

25:15 <wbr> Ended his speech

They Applauded Total of 27 times in 25 Minutes

Rev. Wayne Perryman

aboutime
07-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Personally. I'm glad they booed Romney. They managed to show the rest of THINKING Americans just how deteriorated and useless the NAACP has become.
Americans got to hear the real sounds of RACISM at their finest, up close, and personal.

So. I thank every person who Booed Romney yesterday for reminding America that those same, Uneducated, Totally Racist Americans who voted for Obama the first time. Haven't managed to beat Obama or the Democrats by LEARNING THE TRUTH ABOUT THEM.

Kathianne
07-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Personally. I'm glad they booed Romney. They managed to show the rest of THINKING Americans just how deteriorated and useless the NAACP has become.
Americans got to hear the real sounds of RACISM at their finest, up close, and personal.

So. I thank every person who Booed Romney yesterday for reminding America that those same, Uneducated, Totally Racist Americans who voted for Obama the first time. Haven't managed to beat Obama or the Democrats by LEARNING THE TRUTH ABOUT THEM.

As evidenced above, I really think the villain here isn't the NAACP, rather the MSM.

Trigg
07-12-2012, 05:17 PM
I don't know that he changed any minds, most blacks vote dem anyway Obama being black is just icing on the cake.

But maybe, just maybe he gave them something to think about.

I know a few people who are staying home this election, they don't like obama anymore, but they also won't vote Romney.

If enough blacks and college kids stay home this round, obama is done.

aboutime
07-12-2012, 05:29 PM
As evidenced above, I really think the villain here isn't the NAACP, rather the MSM.

I saw a photo, and read a news report about Joe Biden's visit to the NAACP convention today. And that MSM isn't happily reporting about the Low Turnout, as shown by a photo. But they did have a great excuse....blaming RAIN for the low turnout.

Wonder if the MSM will determine whether BUSH was responsible for the Rain?

red states rule
07-13-2012, 02:35 AM
It did not take long for DNCTV to run with the latest Dem talk point.

Libs can tie ANYTHING to racism these days

Touré, the resident 9/11 truther at MSNBC (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2012/06/22/msnbc-debuts-new-show-starring-911-truther-conspiracy-theorist), ranted that "when Romney called the Affordable Care Act 'Obamacare,' he purposely used a term that would not work with the audience in the room. When he said, 'If you want a President who'll make things better in the African-American community, you are looking at him. Take a look!' he was virtually taunting them the way a pro wrestler who's playing a villain eggs on the crowd saying things he knows will elicit boos."

The writer led his article, "Romney Plays The Race (http://ideas.time.com/2012/07/12/romney-plays-the-race-card/?iid=op-main-lede)," with his accusation about the former Massachusetts governor, and cited liberal hero Nancy Pelosi as support: "Mitt Romney went to the NAACP’s National Convention planning to get booed. It was no mistake. House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi told Bloomberg TV she believes 'it was a calculated move on his part to get booed at the NAACP convention.'" He continued with his comparison of Romney to a pro-wrestler.

Touré then outlined the supposedly racial strategy behind Romney's speech:

Why would he bother going to the NAACP convention to get booed? Because the real audience wasn't in the room. He wanted to be booed by that black audience so that white conservatives — who still don't see him as one of them — and white undecideds would see that he's unafraid to talk down to black people, to offend them, to be their villain, to make them boo. The result is that he comes off looking tough or gains sympathy. Either way, he gets a soundbite that will bounce through the cable news echo chamber and elicit an emotional reaction from white voters. Romney's performance wasn’t intended to win more black votes, it was intended to help win more white votes.

Tim Alberta of the conservative-leaning National Journal read Romney's performance in heroic terms rarely applied to this candidate. "With the critical eyes of the political world resting squarely upon him, Romney marched defiantly into the lion's den and delivered a speech that was direct, assertive and dispassionate," Alberta wrote. So blacks, in this analogy, are ferocious wild animals who should be feared, only tameable by the most fearless of men, which, Romney supposedly proved he is by facing them down and talking tough.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-balan/2012/07/12/911-truther-tour-s-new-wacko-theory-romney-tried-win-more-white-votes#ixzz20UBHnUVQ

fj1200
07-13-2012, 06:15 AM

So when they applauded they were NOT useless, uneducated, racist, etc.???

Don't get in the way of a little demonizing now.

Trigg
07-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Romney had no chance of winning in this situation.

IF he didn't go than he doesn't respect the NAACP

IF he changed his message he's a flip flopper

He kept his message so he's now pandering to the racists in the republican party and talking down to blacks.

It was a loose loose situation.

I give him points for going and keeping the same message.

Thunderknuckles
07-13-2012, 11:04 AM

He kept his message so he's now pandering to the racists in the republican party and talking down to blacks.

RSR already posted a similar thread on this a couple days ago and many of us, including Gabby, came to the same conclusion: He gets big kudos for stepping into the lions den and making his case without pandering. When he was boo-ed over repealing ObamaCare, he came right back and defended his position.

Contrast Romnye's speech with Biden's. Biden did nothing BUT pander and by the sound of the applause he got, the NAACP bought it.
There is, however, and underlying concern with the folks in the NAACP. Many give credit to Romney for making the time to see them and plead his case unlike Obama who skipped out on them. They have the feeling that their vote is being taken for granted.

fj1200
07-13-2012, 11:08 AM
I recall Bush skipping it a couple of times but I don't recall if it was during an election year or not. But he had a special hate-hate relationship with them; the NAACP hated enough for both sides.

red states rule
07-14-2012, 05:45 AM

Trigg, what Mitt did do - very effectively - was give a clear contrast between himself and Obama. There are some blacks that would vote for Obama even if gas was $7/gal and unemployment was 25%

But most bklacks care about their families, want to earn an honest living, and do what they can to ensure their kids have a better life then they do

Obama is doing everything to make sure that does not happen and Mitt planted the seed with those folks that I hope they take with them to to the polls on Election Day

red states rule
07-14-2012, 05:51 AM
and the left wing moonbats continue to spin and now Dicj Cheney is involved

Ex-Time's Carlson: Romney 'Wanted the Boos' from NAACP

http://www.mrctv.org/videos/ex-times-carlson-romney-wanted-boos-naacp-so-proud-them