PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos and piercings: How young is too young?

Shadow
07-13-2012, 07:36 AM
(CNN) -- Will and Jada Pinkett Smith's 11-year-old daughter, Willow, was recently given a tongue-lashing on social media after posting a picture of herself sporting a tongue piercing on Instagram (http://web.stagram.com/p/220478201053903404_10965573).
asapniceee (http://web.stagram.com/n/asapniceee/): "She is too young for such a provocative piercing. Why would her parents let her pierce her tongue?"
tiffaneybabeyy (http://web.stagram.com/n/tiffaneybabeyy/) : "At your age, Willow, I don't think a piercing should be on you, especially there."

mariajx91 (http://web.stagram.com/n/mariajx91/): "Maybe you should stop rushing to grow up Willow. It looks trashy. You're 11, and that doesn't look good at any age to be honest. Hope it's fake."
Though she later revealed that it was in fact a fake, magnetic tongue ring, people were already whipping their opinions back and forth about whether young people are too vulnerable to make permanent (or potentially scarring) decisions about their bodies. The issue: What is classified as "too young"?
While the battle over body modification typically occurs between parents and their children, state legislatures have entered the conversation as well.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/06/living/too-young-tattoo/index.html?hpt=hp_bn11

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-13-2012, 07:42 AM
(CNN) -- Will and Jada Pinkett Smith's 11-year-old daughter, Willow, was recently given a tongue-lashing on social media after posting a picture of herself sporting a tongue piercing on Instagram (http://web.stagram.com/p/220478201053903404_10965573).
asapniceee (http://web.stagram.com/n/asapniceee/): "She is too young for such a provocative piercing. Why would her parents let her pierce her tongue?"
tiffaneybabeyy (http://web.stagram.com/n/tiffaneybabeyy/) : "At your age, Willow, I don't think a piercing should be on you, especially there."

mariajx91 (http://web.stagram.com/n/mariajx91/): "Maybe you should stop rushing to grow up Willow. It looks trashy. You're 11, and that doesn't look good at any age to be honest. Hope it's fake."
Though she later revealed that it was in fact a fake, magnetic tongue ring, people were already whipping their opinions back and forth about whether young people are too vulnerable to make permanent (or potentially scarring) decisions about their bodies. The issue: What is classified as "too young"?
While the battle over body modification typically occurs between parents and their children, state legislatures have entered the conversation as well.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/06/living/too-young-tattoo/index.html?hpt=hp_bn11

I allowed my daughter no such nonsense until after she was 18 and graduated from school. Then she only got the navel thing on her own. No tattoes at all. As far as I know that is all she has and she is 24 years old now. Beautiful women have no need for such IMHO.-Tyr

Shadow
07-13-2012, 07:50 AM
I allowed my daughter no such nonsense until after she was 18 and graduated from school. Then she only got the navel thing on her own. No tattoes at all. As far as I know that is all she has and she is 24 years old now. Beautiful women have no need for such IMHO.-Tyr

Now days trying to keep them from all of this is a daily battle. I allowed my oldest daughter to get her ears double pierced...just because I had mine done at the same time (she was 14). Then recently I came home one day to find she had pierced her lip(she is now 16). I was not a happy camper since I did not give my consent. But,yes,I'm always surprised to see how many of her friends have the piercings and tattoos already....and apparently their parents don't mind.

jimnyc
07-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Teach the kids everything we know about them and then when they are 18, they can choose what they want and don't want.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-13-2012, 08:15 AM
Now days trying to keep them from all of this is a daily battle. I allowed my oldest daughter to get her ears double pierced...just because I had mine done at the same time (she was 14). Then recently I came home one day to find she had pierced her lip(she is now 16). I was not a happy camper since I did not give my consent. But,yes,I'm always surprised to see how many of her friends have the piercings and tattoos already....and apparently their parents don't mind.

Society degrades when libs/leftists/dems rule. Give 'em another 20 years and 9 year old girls will be fair game for sex, just ask muslims and consider Moham's 9 year old little girl MOLESTING. Its we Conservatives that have to fight to maintain standards of decency because libs/dems are mostly for depravity!-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-13-2012, 08:17 AM
Teach the kids everything we know about them and then when they are 18, they can choose what they want and don't want.

Exactly how I raised my daughter. She is now an adult and a straight arrow. I have no problems and no worries with her! -Tyr

red state
07-13-2012, 08:22 AM
Good for you TYR, I am the same way (although I'd still get a bit upset if they got a tattoo at ANY age). It is amazing how TUFF or SEXY folks think this is. I have repeatedly told my son (when coming across such people); "Son, the only tattoo that I'd have is if it were to identify (modestly) with my military unit OR (and I do) scars from life's little tattoo artist." I also tell my two girls (when coming across a gal out town) that she's pretty but the hairy wart at her ankle is a definite turn-off." They laugh but thank God, the agree.

As for the FAKE tongue ring...it doesn't really matter if it looks genuine, now does it?! I've allowed it but I'm not terribly comfortable with the little toddler tats. I did that and the little candy cigarettes when I was young but the cigs are long gone as far as I know (and the tats should be as well). I'm not for TOTAL control from the gov. but a society must have standards and laws to enforce certain standards. In today's society, the liberals seem to be the enforcers when they had once declared Conservatives "Fascists" for such. Amazing.

What is the right time to get such things? Well, without sounding like (what I call a liberal-tarian), I say as long as the 'child' has a permit from their parents and/or the parents are there signing for such things...have at it. Of course, many will take these things to EXTREMES so that is where Conservatives come in....to apply common sense and safety (the RIGHT thing to do). If left up to liberals or Liberal-tarians, and I emphasize LEFT, I'm afraid we'd have chaos and abuse to women, children and an increased decline of ethics, morals and standards within our GREAT Nation.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-13-2012, 08:48 AM
Good for you TYR, I am the same way (although I'd still get a bit upset if they got a tattoo at ANY age). It is amazing how TUFF or SEXY folks think this is. I have repeatedly told my son (when coming across such people); "Son, the only tattoo that I'd have is if it were to identify (modestly) with my military unit OR (and I do) scars from life's little tattoo artist." I also tell my two girls (when coming across a gal out town) that she's pretty but the hairy wart at her ankle is a definite turn-off." They laugh but thank God, the agree.

As for the FAKE tongue ring...it doesn't really matter if it looks genuine, now does it?! I've allowed it but I'm not terribly comfortable with the little toddler tats. I did that and the little candy cigarettes when I was young but the cigs are long gone as far as I know (and the tats should be as well). I'm not for TOTAL control from the gov. but a society must have standards and laws to enforce certain standards. In today's society, the liberals seem to be the enforcers when they had once declared Conservatives "Fascists" for such. Amazing.

What is the right time to get such things? Well, without sounding like (what I call a liberal-tarian), I say as long as the 'child' has a permit from their parents and/or the parents are there signing for such things...have at it. Of course, many will take these things to EXTREMES so that is where Conservatives come in....to apply common sense and safety (the RIGHT thing to do). If left up to liberals or Liberal-tarians, and I emphasize LEFT, I'm afraid we'd have chaos and abuse to women, children and an increased decline of ethics, morals and standards within our GREAT Nation.

I fully agree my friend. I told my daughter this rule and she understood it well. My house my rules!

Children are to be instructed , when they are adults out on their own they get to do the instructing. The problem we have today is that children are told they get to do the instructing while stil children! F-that, this 'ole boy dont play that shat! When my daughter has a problem she tries on her own to solve and if she needs help she calls me. I don't interfere because she is an adult now but I love her more than myself so Im always ready to advise and to help when it's asked. So far , all that she has asked for is advice in the last few years!
Apple doesnt fall far from the tree and I'm as pleased as punch about my little apple! I've been dearly blessed on that my friend-Tyr

Shadow
07-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Society degrades when libs/leftists/dems rule. Give 'em another 20 years and 9 year old girls will be fair game for sex, just ask muslims and consider Moham's 9 year old little girl MOLESTING. Its we Conservatives that have to fight to maintain standards of decency because libs/dems are mostly for depravity!-Tyr

I may agree that Libs back all forms of the 'whatever feels good' notion. But they are not alone in this case. Body art started getting really popular when I was in college in the late 80's and has grown since. Plenty of good little conservative christian girls (and boys) were/are getting those tats on their butt cheeks right along with everyone else. Along with belly button rings and piercing the tongue. :laugh:

darin
07-13-2012, 08:53 AM
its a piercing. Not a a big deal.

Problem is - the girl is probably too young and may regret it later. But...it's a pretty small regret.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-13-2012, 09:03 AM
I may agree that Libs back all forms of the 'whatever feels good' notion. But they are not alone in this case. Body art started getting really popular when I was in college in the late 80's and has grown since. Plenty of good little conservative christian girls (and boys) were/are getting those tats on their butt cheeks right along with everyone else. Along with belly button rings and piercing the tongue. :laugh:

You said college, so they were 18 or older right?
My daughter told me the week before she got her navel ring that she was thinking about it, I gave no criticism and she decided on her own to do it. I fully believe had I voiced criticism she would not have done it. However I decided she was mature enough to make up her own mind. She was almost 19 and not living at home at hat time.
I never said it was wrong if they are adults . I just do not prefer it myself and for any of my children ! I have my natural tats myself, six scars from six different fights were I was cut and/or hit with weapons by others twice it was multiple others while I fought only with my bare hands. People live their life and it is what it is. I will teach my son to never back down but also teach him what price he will have to pay for that too. I taught my daughter how to defend herself as well. I am an equal opportunity teacher! We teach our kids and then when they are adults they get to choose how much of that to use and hold dear. If done well and right they will choose to embrace most of it IMHO..-Tyr

darin
07-13-2012, 10:35 AM
I bet I could count 50,000,000 things MORE important than piercings or tattoos in terms of 'better not be wrong about'.

jimnyc
07-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Tattoos are for dirtbags anyway! :coffee:

eunicemorgia
07-13-2012, 12:11 PM
Too young is when you are born. One day later your old :D hehe

mundame
07-13-2012, 02:42 PM
I've given up. I knew I'd given up the day I congratulated my waitress on her new tattoo flowing flowers all over her whole arm. She said she had to wait and get the red put in after three weeks, so it would heal.

Oh, and the girl at the book store: she had something on her neck: "Please tell me that's a bar code," I said.

I don't do such things, of course, and I hope and assume my granddaughters won't, but it's --- it's 21st century.

The only thing is, I have seen TWO people, once a couple, who get into some sort of tattoo fetish and that's all they do, all they live for. The couple, very young, came into the supermarket and were COVERED all over with tattoos and also had metal piercing everything visible, and I don't want to think further than that --- everyone in the store stopped to stare at them, it was such a circus act, and they seemed extremely uncomfortable; they knew they were freaks.

The other woman LIKED being a freak. She was all over tattoos and like everyone does, she had to wear almost no clothes to show them off, and it was a cold, windy day on the alpaca farm; they were having an alpaca show, but she wanted to talk, talk, talk about tattoos and about people who were "into having tattoos."

I decided she was crazy.

Gaffer
07-13-2012, 04:16 PM
It's not a 21st century thing. It's a 16th century thing. People are regressing. I don't admire peoples tattoos or piercings, I think they're silly. They are just a distraction. And a woman with tattoos is an immediate turn off for me. Piercings even more so. It's just giving in to societal peer pressure.

WiccanLiberal
07-13-2012, 04:32 PM
I had to wait til I was 21 to get my ears pierced. That's when I was out of college and making enough money for a frivolous expenditure once in a while. I had my navel pierced at one time but didn't like it after a bit and let it close up. I didn't get my first tattoo until I was in my thirties and the four that I have don't show at all unless I choose to display them. Each one is a significant comemoration of some aspect of change in my life and meaningful to me. Interestingly, I am not the first woman in my family to get inked. My great grandma was a genuine flapper and had a rose tattoo. All this said, aside from earrings, I think piercings and tattoos should be limited to 18 and older. I thought long and hard about each and every thing I have had done to my body and have never regretted any of it because they were conscious choices for my reasons, not to influence or impress anyone else. Young people seem sometimes too likely to do such things to impress others - shock value if you will.

red state
07-13-2012, 07:18 PM
it's not a 21st century thing. It's a 16th century thing. People are regressing. I don't admire peoples tattoos or piercings, i think they're silly. They are just a distraction. And a woman with tattoos is an immediate turn off for me. Piercings even more so. It's just giving in to societal peer pressure.

exactly!!!!

Shadow
07-13-2012, 07:21 PM
its a piercing. Not a a big deal.

Problem is - the girl is probably too young and may regret it later. But...it's a pretty small regret.

That's what I keep telling my daughter whenever she brings up gages and tatoos...to remember she isn't going to be 16 forever...and those choices are pretty much permanent.

So far it has kept her from some of it.

You said college, so they were 18 or older right?
My daughter told me the week before she got her navel ring that she was thinking about it, I gave no criticism and she decided on her own to do it. I fully believe had I voiced criticism she would not have done it. However I decided she was mature enough to make up her own mind. She was almost 19 and not living at home at hat time.
I never said it was wrong if they are adults . I just do not prefer it myself and for any of my children ! I have my natural tats myself, six scars from six different fights were I was cut and/or hit with weapons by others twice it was multiple others while I fought only with my bare hands. People live their life and it is what it is. I will teach my son to never back down but also teach him what price he will have to pay for that too. I taught my daughter how to defend herself as well. I am an equal opportunity teacher! We teach our kids and then when they are adults they get to choose how much of that to use and hold dear. If done well and right they will choose to embrace most of it IMHO..-Tyr

The college years is just when I started noticing it within my own peer group. My kids on the other hand have had friends with multiple piercings and tatoos since late mid school/early high school. Which is why my daughter keeps bringing it up...she see's others doing it and thinks it's cool. I told her she had better not bring home boys with greasy hair, baggy pants and gages in their ears... because I will run them off. :p

red state
07-13-2012, 07:28 PM
That's what I keep telling my daughter whenever she brings up gages and tatoos...to remember she isn't going to be 16 forever...and those choices are pretty much permanent.

The college years is just when I started noticing it within my own peer group. My kids on the other hand have had friends with multiple piercings and tatoos since late mid school/early high school. Which is why my daughter keeps bringing it up...she see's others doing it and thinks it's cool. I told her see better not bring home boys with greasy hair, baggy pants and gages in their ears... because I will run them off. :p

That and no liberals!!! Of course, my girls and my son have better taste than to get involved with "THAT".

Shadow
07-13-2012, 07:32 PM
That and no liberals!!! Of course, my girls and my son have better taste than to get involved with "THAT".[/COLOR][/I][/B]

Hee! I posted a thread about that awhile back. Would you date/marry a person you disagree with politically. You would be surprised how many folks here would and have ;)

I dated and married some pretty right leaning a-holes in my day. Could the lefties really be that much worse? :laugh2:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-13-2012, 07:46 PM

The college years is just when I started noticing it within my own peer group. My kids on the other hand have had friends with multiple piercings and tatoos since late mid school/early high school. Which is why my daughter keeps bringing it up...she see's others doing it and thinks it's cool. I told her she had better not bring home boys with greasy hair, baggy pants and gages in their ears... because I will run them off. :p

HAHA, I told my daughter that I would beat their asses, run them off and then ground her for a year! She never doubted me and never brought any dumbasses home until after she had graduated school, then she dated this guy that demanded that she be rude to people or else he thought she was flirting and then would either push or hit her. I found out about it months later, chased him down in my car one day and carefully explained to him how he was going to never ever speak another word to my daughter or else he'd wake up in the hospital after a month or two asking what happened! He was just barely bright enough to do as I told him and avoid that righteously promised attitude adjustment. For good measure and to prove my sincerity I slapped him and made him say yes sir and agree before I got in my car and drove away. He was lucky that I didnt break his arm or worse...That was just over four years ago and I've mellowed out so much since then.-;) -Tyr

Shadow
07-13-2012, 07:59 PM
HAHA, I told my daughter that I would beat their asses, run them off and then ground her for a year! She never doubted me and never brought any dumbasses home until after she had graduated school, then she dated this guy that demanded that she be rude to people or else he thought she was flirting and then would either push or hit her. I found out about it months later, chased him down in my car one day and carefully explained to him how he was going to never ever speak another word to my daughter or else he'd wake up in the hospital after a month or two asking what happened! He was just barely bright enough to do as I told him and avoid that righteously promised attitude adjustment. For good measure and to prove my sincerity I slapped him and made him say yes sir and agree before I got in my car and drove away. He was lucky that I didnt break his arm or worse...That was just over four years ago and I've mellowed out so much since then.-;) -Tyr

See...but you have had experience bouncing a-holes out of bars and such. The young boys I could intimidate (thought I was mean).... the older they get...the harder it gets to make them take me seriously....and the men my age (ie fathers of friends)...forget it. we battle it out constantly. I think I need to hook up with a bouncer type and utilize their 'skills' in certain areas. The bad boys can be a hoot sometimes. ;)

mundame
07-13-2012, 08:04 PM
That was just over four years ago and I've mellowed out so much since then.-;) -Tyr

Yeeessssssssss..........I can tell. :evillaughsign:

jimnyc
07-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Tattoos are for guys with small wieners.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Yeeessssssssss..........I can tell. :evillaughsign:

Truly I have, courtesy of a heart attack I had 15 months ago. Im down from 232 weight to 191 and have regained about 98% of my strength. I was blessed to have never been weak and also blessed to have quick reflexes. My mother always said I was so much like my Indian grandfather who was fast and strong. I never got the big head about it because my two older brothers could beat my ass like I was a six year old. I did however hold my weight against just about everybody else I had actual fights with. Wild young days with a wild young man that never expected to live to make it to 30! 58 now with young wife and very young son and what a shocker , life throws us curve balls and we have to adapt. I'm supposed to be long ago dead as I lived that kind of life. I ain't a complaining mind you!-:laugh:-Tyr

aboutime
07-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Tattoos are for guys with small wieners.

jimnyc. Wow. If that is true in any way. What does that say about me? I don't have any tats. Never wanted one, even during my younger, navy years when it was "a manly thing to do?"

I did almost get two "W's on my butt in a dare. It was a joke when they told me I would have to stand on my head to read it saying "M o M".

I know. That's really old. And, as a matter of fact. So am I.

jimnyc
07-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Most of the guys I've known and met who have had tattoos seemed to lack in the intelligence department. I wonder if there's a relation between the lack of intelligence and getting tattooed? :lol:

jimnyc
07-13-2012, 08:37 PM
jimnyc. Wow. If that is true in any way. What does that say about me? I don't have any tats. Never wanted one, even during my younger, navy years when it was "a manly thing to do?"

I did almost get two "W's on my butt in a dare. It was a joke when they told me I would have to stand on my head to read it saying "M o M".

I know. That's really old. And, as a matter of fact. So am I.

I think it's just a personal decision for many, and probably shouldn't say anything about someone, whether they chose to get inked or not. :)

aboutime
07-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Most of the guys I've known and met who have had tattoos seemed to lack in the intelligence department. I wonder if there's a relation between the lack of intelligence and getting tattooed? :lol:

When you honestly consider the huge number of Americans who have, or are getting tats these days. It kinda proves how the Intelligence Factor of Americans, considering those who voted for Obama probably number in the millions with tats, is a good Bet that the LACKING can be proven.

How long before the infections caused by tats become part of the Obamacare Tax as well? Considering how Lack of Intelligence seems to be spreading so much now.

Shadow
07-13-2012, 08:44 PM
I think it's just a personal decision for many, and probably shouldn't say anything about someone, whether they chose to get inked or not. :)

I think that is very true for some people. Maybe not for the kids my daughters age,who mostly do it because it is a fad though.

So... Jim...do all your tats mark milestones or specific events? What made you decide to get your very first?

Shadow
07-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Tattoos are for dirtbags anyway! :coffee:

Trouble maker :laugh:

jimnyc
07-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Trouble maker :laugh:

Hey now! :lol:

Seriously though, tattoos portray the Harley riding dirtbag who still live by the theme of 'Sex, drugs & Rock n Roll'. Why anyone would want to tarnish perfectly healthy epidermis is beyond me. Tattoos are for the mentally insane and drug addicts I tell you! :laugh:

Shadow
07-13-2012, 09:22 PM
Hey now! :lol:

Seriously though, tattoos portray the Harley riding dirtbag who still live by the theme of 'Sex, drugs & Rock n Roll'. Why anyone would want to tarnish perfectly healthy epidermis is beyond me. Tattoos are for the mentally insane and drug addicts I tell you! :laugh:

You forgot sluts ,Jim...my momma always told me only sluts got things 'pierced' and 'tatooed'. :coffee:

jimnyc
07-13-2012, 09:32 PM
You forgot sluts ,Jim...my momma always told me only sluts got things 'pierced' and 'tatooed'. :coffee:

Yes, I've always heard that the 'loose' girls aka sluts were attracted to the tattooed bad boys like magnets. I know this one guy would would laugh at that theory, as his luck has been the opposite, but that's still what they say!

Another reason you may want to avoid tattoos - if you ever find yourself in Japan, you may be mistaken for Yakuza!

logroller
07-13-2012, 09:56 PM
I don't think there's an age that too young with any certainty; it depends on the person and situation. I have no tattoos and no piercings; never even dyed my hair; and until Rexmtly on the insertion of pin into my wrist I was all original. (wish the parents would of kicked down for the undersealer though;). The piecing thing I'd be less concerned about than a tattoo because piecings are easily removable. As for what a tounge piercing suggests, I'd only say that I've known plenty of women, young and old, who engage in such acts without any such body art...so I see no reason to think that allowing such a piercing would heighten the likelihood any more than forbidding it would deter them. If one of my daughters wanted or did such a thing, I would hope they would come to me first and we could talk about it.

hjmick
07-13-2012, 10:25 PM

Well, I guess that makes me an insane, drug addled slut...

mundame
07-13-2012, 10:38 PM
Truly I have, courtesy of a heart attack I had 15 months ago. Im down from 232 weight to 191 and have regained about 98% of my strength. I was blessed to have never been weak and also blessed to have quick reflexes. My mother always said I was so much like my Indian grandfather who was fast and strong. I never got the big head about it because my two older brothers could beat my ass like I was a six year old. I did however hold my weight against just about everybody else I had actual fights with. Wild young days with a wild young man that never expected to live to make it to 30! 58 now with young wife and very young son and what a shocker , life throws us curve balls and we have to adapt. I'm supposed to be long ago dead as I lived that kind of life. I ain't a complaining mind you!-:laugh:-Tyr

I'm delighted to hear you have done so well! Just goes to show, heart attacks are surviveable these days.

mundame
07-13-2012, 10:41 PM
I don't think there's an age that too young with any certainty; it depends on the person and situation. I have no tattoos and no piercings; never even dyed my hair; and until Rexmtly on the insertion of pin into my wrist I was all original. (wish the parents would of kicked down for the undersealer though;). The piecing thing I'd be less concerned about than a tattoo because piecings are easily removable. As for what a tounge piercing suggests, I'd only say that I've known plenty of women, young and old, who engage in such acts without any such body art...so I see no reason to think that allowing such a piercing would heighten the likelihood any more than forbidding it would deter them. If one of my daughters wanted or did such a thing, I would hope they would come to me first and we could talk about it.

Those tongue piercings......I remember a new secretary in our office got one. Because she had a new job, apparently.

She promptly broke a tooth with it.

She was so new her medical and dental coverage had not kicked in.

This is a level of stupidity so high that I don't know what there is to be said about it.

Nell's Room
07-14-2012, 01:05 AM
When they reach legal age, which is 18, they can do what they like.

ringotuna
07-14-2012, 06:12 AM
I'm not a fan of "ink"....that being said another persons attraction to it and other body modification falls squarely into the lil box I call "none of my damned business".

jimnyc
07-14-2012, 06:54 AM
I was once told that tattoos are obvious signs of not only mental illnesses, but also signs of the criminal element. Not that all inked persons were, but that the majority of tattooed people, mental stuff and crime kind of went hand in hand. Further proof of this was the fact that so many in the prison system have tattoos, and many more get them while in prison. Why would anyone want to associate themselves with that? I mean, when you see a guy with a bunch of tattoos on his arms and a couple on his chest, doesn't it automatically make him undesirable? Someone who others might want to keep the corner of their eye out on them?

I tried to get my wife to get a tattoo of the "Hokie Bird" once, as she's a graduate of Virginia Tech and adores the little fellow, but she chickened out. Then I aimed for permanent wedding rings around our fingers, but she chickened out. I just think she doesn't want to be seen with a guy with ink all over him! :poke:

Shadow
07-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Yes, I've always heard that the 'loose' girls aka sluts were attracted to the tattooed bad boys like magnets. I know this one guy would would laugh at that theory, as his luck has been the opposite, but that's still what they say!

Another reason you may want to avoid tattoos - if you ever find yourself in Japan, you may be mistaken for Yakuza!

It's all in the presentation you know. Next time have your friend with the tatoos paint his nails black and pretend to be in a rock band. Must create the the right illusion. ;)

That has always been the best way to guarantee an undesired outcome though hasn't it. Have your parents tell you you are "forbidden" to do something. When you are young that rebellion kicks in and makes the losers seem more appealing to date and actions you wouldn't normally take more daring and exciting.

Those tongue piercings......I remember a new secretary in our office got one. Because she had a new job, apparently.

She promptly broke a tooth with it.

She was so new her medical and dental coverage had not kicked in.

This is a level of stupidity so high that I don't know what there is to be said about it.

Same here... for awhile I knew a few girls with tongue rings. Used to drive me crazy the way they used to play with them with their teeth while they talked to you. Most annoying and distracting thing in the world. Glad the novelty finally wore off and they took them out too.

jimnyc
07-14-2012, 10:46 AM
It's all in the presentation you know. Next time have your friend with the tatoos paint his nails black and pretend to be in a rock band. Must create the the right illusion. ;)

My friend would rather be dead than paint his nails in goth fashion. Odd that one would live with tattoos but be unwilling to use temporary polish on his nails. Tattooed people are a strange bunch. Some women do look kinda hot with the ink, depending on what it is of course, and where.

I know this idiot that got a portrait picture of his dog on his chest. He also was dumb enough to put a sports related logo on him. Now that's pushing things if you ask me! :lol: :coffee:

Shadow
07-14-2012, 11:00 AM
My friend would rather be dead than paint his nails in goth fashion. Odd that one would live with tattoos but be unwilling to use temporary polish on his nails. Tattooed people are a strange bunch. Some women do look kinda hot with the ink, depending on what it is of course, and where.

I know this idiot that got a portrait picture of his dog on his chest. He also was dumb enough to put a sports related logo on him. Now that's pushing things if you ask me! :lol: :coffee:

Like women with a lot of ink...or just a hint? For instance... is this too much?...

jimnyc
07-14-2012, 11:21 AM
Like women with a lot of ink...or just a hint? For instance... is this too much?...

I don't think those are bad. It's her choice, and they are easily covered up too, not that it's mandatory. Mike Tyson put one on his face and it looked pretty dumb, as do the idiots who put teardrops and shit on their face to basically admit to crimes. I think it's a very personal decision and these decisions should be respected by others. But when someone puts it in a location like their face or neck, you can't blame others for staring are turning away in disgust if they don't like it.

I don't know if I could ever get inked, it looks like it might hurt a little to get it done! :laugh: :beer:

jimnyc
07-14-2012, 11:24 AM
These are examples of what might be labeled as "too much" or "going overboard".

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Sp4-BL3SX40/T4hW0Hv07mI/AAAAAAAAWpE/JOyDQjNVeMY/s1600/Kimberley-Vlaeminck-56-Tattoos.jpg

http://oddstuffmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/2471-538x800.jpg

http://www.featureshoot.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Dario-Model-Tattoo.jpg

http://ideaiink.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/zombie-boy-tats.jpg

jimnyc
07-14-2012, 05:16 PM
I was thinking about getting a tattoo on my inner forearm, of the Steelers small logo. :coffee: And my Pug, Jerome, who is my best friend, maybe one of him on my chest.

Shadow
07-14-2012, 05:20 PM
I was thinking about getting a tattoo on my inner forearm, of the Steelers small logo. :coffee: And my Pug, Jerome, who is my best friend, maybe one of him on my chest.

Weren't you the one who said tattoo's make a person look thinner? I think I will join you... and get a big one on my ass. :thumb:

jimnyc
07-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Weren't you the one who said tattoo's make a person look thinner? I think I will join you... and get a big one on my ass. :thumb:

I wish that were true, I really do. I'd be an anorexic if that were the case! :lol:

KarlMarx
07-14-2012, 09:39 PM
tattoos are permanent and are difficult or impossible to remove... the bigger they are, the less likely you'll be able to remove them. I can just picture these 18 year olds with the full arm/back/chest tattoos as old ladies/men... and all I can describe it as is a box of crayons on a stove..

logroller
07-15-2012, 03:53 AM

Permanance is the issue...imagine how hard it is for your 'friend' to be a fair-weather fan--Or how jealous the next dog will be over the tattoo of the current one...nevermind the latter. dogs are cool about that stuff...just don't come home smelling like another dog--they hate that!

... tattoo's make a person look thinner...
thats why I never show anyone the tattoo on my penis. :laugh2:

jimnyc
07-15-2012, 07:41 AM
Permanance is the issue...imagine how hard it is for your 'friend' to be a fair-weather fan--Or how jealous the next dog will be over the tattoo of the current one...nevermind the latter. dogs are cool about that stuff...just don't come home smelling like another dog--they hate that!

My "friend" is no fair weathered fan, and he takes your comment as an insult. The Steelers.... nevermind... :laugh: And the dog, my friend said that it's literally been his best friend for 13 years now, and it's his way of having a permanent connection with his buddy, and to take him with him wherever he goes. He has a Chihuahua too and plans on getting that little illegal bastard tattooed next!

The penis, reminds me of another joke, where a guy goes to Jamaica for a vacation, and sees a local in the bathroom. He can't help but look over the urinal and see that they guy has a tattoo of "Wendy" on his penis, and asks him, "is wendy your wife, or girlfriend?" - the local man replies - "nah mon, when it stretches out full it says 'Welcome to Jamaica and have a nice day"

Noir
07-15-2012, 07:53 AM
I'd say about 16 for both, i'd lean towards older with the tattoos, because without surgery they are permanent, though idk if you could have it much older than 16.

Also a personal gripe of mine is seeing parents who pierce their 3/4 year old children =/

jimnyc
07-15-2012, 08:00 AM
I'd say about 16 for both, i'd lean towards older with the tattoos, because without surgery they are permanent, though idk if you could have it much older than 16.

Also a personal gripe of mine is seeing parents who pierce their 3/4 year old children =/

Actually, removal of tattoos is much 'easier', with laser technology. Here's a video - and it supposedly hurts a LOT more than the video indicates.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BFaf5_ScFEo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Noir
07-15-2012, 08:00 AM
tattoos are permanent and are difficult or impossible to remove... the bigger they are, the less likely you'll be able to remove them. I can just picture these 18 year olds with the full arm/back/chest tattoos as old ladies/men... and all I can describe it as is a box of crayons on a stove..

I've never really understood why people say 'what will it look like when you're in your 70s' etc, cus like, if your bodies going to look a mess, it won't much matter if theres an old tattoo, and if your body isn't a mess then it'll look fine.

Noir
07-15-2012, 08:02 AM
Actually, removal of tattoos is much 'easier', with laser technology. Here's a video - and it supposedly hurts a LOT more than the video indicates.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BFaf5_ScFEo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

That's pretty damn cool, since i'd always known it as 'Laser Surgery' i thought it was allot more 'serious' than it seems to be.

jimnyc
07-15-2012, 08:03 AM
This is not just a found image, this is actually my brother in law's arm. He IS a huge bastard and he DOES love Entenmann's (junk food cakes for those who don't know).

http://i47.tinypic.com/119y04l.jpg

jimnyc
07-15-2012, 08:04 AM
That's pretty damn cool, since i'd always known it as 'Laser Surgery' i thought it was allot more 'serious' than it seems to be.

They say it's more painful than getting the tattoo, and it's supposed to be very expensive as well. And from, what I've seen of before and after pictures, you can still see somewhat, or at least scar tissue.

jimnyc
07-15-2012, 08:11 AM
I've never really understood why people say 'what will it look like when you're in your 70s' etc, cus like, if your bodies going to look a mess, it won't much matter if theres an old tattoo, and if your body isn't a mess then it'll look fine.

What's your thoughts on people that get tattoo's Jon? Do you think they're a little bonkers in the head to begin with, like I believe? Do you think the decision is different, based on what the tattoo is of, or it's placement? And your thoughts on the idiots that would get a dumb dog or a professional sports team inked on them? :poke:

Noir
07-15-2012, 08:15 AM
Thats a pretty mad thing to get on your arm xD

But in general i like wee ones, and little poems etc, its the huge ones that i really don't get.

An example of one i thinks awesome - a while back a friend got a Simba tattoo, how can you not like
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/simbaaaa.jpg

jimnyc
07-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Thats a pretty mad thing to get on your arm xD

But in general i like wee ones, and little poems etc, its the huge ones that i really don't get.

An example of one i thinks awesome - a while back a friend got a Simba tattoo, how can you not like
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/simbaaaa.jpg

:lol::lol: :clap:

Simba, King of the Jungle!

Noir
07-15-2012, 08:49 AM
and to counter that, one that i think looks terrible.

This covers her whole left leg (and her back is covered in a few giants daisies =/) but whatever makes folk happy.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/natash.jpg

jimnyc
07-15-2012, 08:53 AM
and to counter that, one that i think looks terrible.

This covers her whole left leg (and her back is covered in a few giants daisies =/) but whatever makes folk happy.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/natash.jpg

Decisions aside, the work in that picture looks pretty good, and what little I can make out of the gal's body looks good too! LOL A woman with a smoking body can get away with tattoos more than a butt ugly or fat chick, unless of course you are "Bombshell McGee", or the tattooist, Kat Von D, which both just went overboard with the amount of ink they have.

Shadow
07-15-2012, 10:11 AM

The things you learn while having a totally innocent convo about tattoos. :o

:laugh:

jimnyc
07-15-2012, 10:36 AM
The things you learn while having a totally innocent convo about tattoos. :o

:laugh:

And worse, men have been known to get piercings down there! To be fair, so do women. I'm admittedly biased on the subject. I just can't imagine any man allowing sharp objects to penetrate ANY area down there!

Shadow
07-15-2012, 10:44 AM
And worse, men have been known to get piercings down there! To be fair, so do women. I'm admittedly biased on the subject. I just can't imagine any man allowing sharp objects to penetrate ANY area down there!

Which brings up the question of...

What would/does one usually tattoo on their penis in the first place? Inquiring minds need to know. :coffee:

jimnyc
07-15-2012, 10:48 AM

What would/does one usually tattoo on their penis in the first place? Inquiring minds need to know. :coffee:

I suppose a name maybe? Or something to make it seem bigger? Or stronger? I have no clue, I just know these guys must be nuttier than Psychoblues!

logroller
07-15-2012, 12:30 PM
This is not just a found image, this is actually my brother in law's arm. He IS a huge bastard and he DOES love Entenmann's (junk food cakes for those who don't know).

http://i47.tinypic.com/119y04l.jpg
Entemanns iced donuts are the bomb!!!

mundame
07-15-2012, 01:19 PM
I play Fable III on Xbox 360....... the female protag. So I got ALL the tattoos, incl. the one in the book that has a code that opens it. You can switch around the tattoos -- they aren't permanent.

I figured, I can at least get with the 21st century in a fantasy game. ;)

hjmick
07-22-2012, 12:52 AM

Mine says "Eat at JR's," when it's erect it says "Eat at JR's BBQ and Seafood, corner of Louisiana and Gibson, Albuquerque NM."

Shadow
07-22-2012, 01:26 AM
Mine says "Eat at JR's," when it's erect it says "Eat at JR's BBQ and Seafood, corner of Louisiana and Gibson, Albuquerque NM."

Must be some pretty damn good BBQ . :laugh:

tailfins
07-22-2012, 11:35 AM
At least MS-NBC (this is one of the rare times I will spell it right) is good for one thing: Those prison programs like "Lockup Raw". Tattoos are for the criminal element. Last I heard it is legal to discriminate against people with tattoos. My kids have been taught that tattoos are for criminals or those who wish they had the nerve to be criminals. That seems to have done the job. To what extent do you suppose people with tattoos hear "the job is filled", "the place has been rented", etc.?

Roo
07-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Teeth are the sharpest objects that will ever get near my penis.

Roo
07-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Other than my wife's intials this is the only tattoo I have.

Shadow
07-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Other than my wife's intials this is the only tattoo I have.

You a bodybuilder?

Roo
07-22-2012, 11:58 AM
You a bodybuilder?

Curious, how did you know?

Shadow
07-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Curious, how did you know?

I had a boyfriend who was into weightlifting. I recognized the logo. ;)

Roo
07-22-2012, 12:15 PM
I had a boyfriend who was into weightlifting. I recognized the logo. ;)

I wrestled for 10 years and have officiated for 31, hard weight training the last 10.

Shadow
07-22-2012, 12:22 PM
I wrestled for 10 years and have officiated for 31, hard weight training the last 10.

That's pretty cool. Wrestling is a pretty demanding sport,you must really like it a lot. A friend of mine is The 2012 NCAA DII 197-pound National Champion. They had a pretty nice write up on him in the Journal recently too.

Roo
07-22-2012, 12:27 PM
That's pretty cool. Wrestling is a pretty demanding sport,you must really like it a lot. A friend of mine is The 2012 NCAA DII 197-pound National Champion. They had a pretty nice write up on him in the Journal recently too.

He has a great Coach, Costanza is as good as it gets.

Roo
07-22-2012, 12:29 PM
He has a great Coach, Costanza is as good as it gets.

Oopps sorry, Mcpeek not Skala, don't know the Adams State Coach well...but I had them at several Tourneys this last year.

Shadow
07-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Oopps sorry, Mcpeek not Skala, don't know the Adams State Coach well...but I had them at several Tourneys this last year.

Some of the refs seem to get as intense as the wrestlers. You must be in very good shape. Ever get hurt?

Roo
07-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Some of the refs seem to get as intense as the wrestlers. You must be in very good shape. Ever get hurt?

Yes and yes :)

I've got to come to terms with my age :)

Roo
07-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Our intensity comes from not wanting to cost any kid any match ever....most of us were competitors and know what they have gone through to get where they are.

Shadow
07-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Our intensity comes from not wanting to cost any kid any match ever....most of us were competitors and know what they have gone through to get where they are.

That is what you'd call true dedication...and also loving the craft. Kudos! :thumb: