PDA

View Full Version : Well, she has nicer legs than Joe Biden

KarlMarx
07-13-2012, 07:39 AM
The Drudge Report, the conservative website, reports Thursday night that there is a new frontrunner to be Mitt Romney’s running mate: Condoleezza Rice.

The Romney campaign has not commented on the report. Drudge has long appeared supportive of the Romney campaign and there are ties between the site’s founder, Matt Drudge, and Romney staffers.

rest of article at ....

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/07/drudge-report-lists-condi-rice-as-top-romney-vp-candidate/

My first impression is that she's being considered to get the black vote... she would be a good choice given her experience... don't know just how conservative she really is

And, yes, she does have nicer legs than Joe Biden

Shadow
07-13-2012, 08:45 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/07/drudge-report-lists-condi-rice-as-top-romney-vp-candidate/

My first impression is that she's being considered to get the black vote... she would be a good choice given her experience... don't know just how conservative she really is

And, yes, she does have nicer legs than Joe Biden

Interesting article. We will see if she changes her mind about not wanting to hold a public office. They all say they aren't interested...next thing you know they are runnning.

I think Condi would be a good choice...but you are right...I don't think she is all that conservative.

Trigg
07-13-2012, 10:28 AM
she's very closely associated with Bush, so I'm not sure it's a good idea.

mundame
07-13-2012, 10:39 AM
She'd be a good choice, IMO, but I doubt she'll do it.

mundame
07-13-2012, 10:40 AM
I think it will be Tim Pawlenty. Romney needs somebody more boring than him so he isn't upstaged, and Tim Pawlenty is perhaps the only high-level politician in America who is more boring than Romney.

Thunderknuckles
07-13-2012, 10:54 AM
I think it will be Tim Pawlenty. Romney needs somebody more boring than him so he isn't upstaged, and Tim Pawlenty is perhaps the only high-level politician in America who is more boring than Romney.
I agree with the premise but disagree with the choice of Pawlenty. The problem for him is he is too damn boring. Together they would probably put people to sleep on the campaign trail.
There's the tricky part. Finding someone who excites people but will not overshadow Romney.

On Condi Rice:
I have always liked her but doubt she will make the cut if she is indeed being seriously considered rather than being used as a marketing ploy. I'd like to see her server as Governor somewhere like California. We've already screwed this state up enough that it would make a good testing ground for her. There's no way she could screw it up anymore than it already is :)

fj1200
07-13-2012, 11:07 AM
On Condi Rice:

I recall someone commenting that Condi had her hand in many of the bad Bush foreign policy decisions which would be a strike against her. That and she would just remind everyone of Bush and Iraq.

Thunderknuckles
07-13-2012, 11:39 AM
I recall someone commenting that Condi had her hand in many of the bad Bush foreign policy decisions which would be a strike against her. That and she would just remind everyone of Bush and Iraq.
I believe you are referring to me? If so, yes, I stand behind that. She does indeed have a lot of Bush baggage that may turn people off. Although I don't recall saying she had a hand in bad foreign policy decisions. In any case, I still like her and have a great deal of respect for her.

jimnyc
07-13-2012, 11:55 AM
I thought she was interviewed not long ago and said no way to the possibility. Then again, Chris Christie said the same thing, and now says he would "answer the call" if asked.

I would LOVE to see Condi on the ticket. I have loved her for many, many years, and think she is one of the most intelligent women on the planet! Of course some people would be reminded of the wars, but I don't think they're going to forget anyway, nor do I think those people in particular would likely be swayed to Romney because of Condi either.

But I would be delighted to see her in a debate with Biden! LOL Talk about a slaughter! In all fairness, and with all of his goofs and foot in the mouth issues, the man isn't retarded. But if he goes on national TV against Condi, he will look retarded!

Thunderknuckles
07-13-2012, 12:07 PM
But I would be delighted to see her in a debate with Biden! LOL Talk about a slaughter! In all fairness, and with all of his goofs and foot in the mouth issues, the man isn't retarded. But if he goes on national TV against Condi, he will look retarded!
Excellent point and something I had forgotten about: The VP debates!!
I figure that has to be on Romney's mind as well. Any solid pick for his VP candidate should be able to roll over Biden in the debates.

fj1200
07-13-2012, 12:51 PM
I believe you are referring to me? If so, yes, I stand behind that. She does indeed have a lot of Bush baggage that may turn people off. Although I don't recall saying she had a hand in bad foreign policy decisions. In any case, I still like her and have a great deal of respect for her.

I don't think so, I just happened to pull your quote. I believe it was on talk radio or I read it somewhere else, nevertheless I agree with having respect for her, she's got a great story and is quite impressive.