PDA

View Full Version : Man eats desert frogs to survive!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-13-2012, 05:12 PM
http://now.msn.com/autistic-man-survives-three-weeks-in-desert-eating-frogs

. .
Autistic man survives three weeks in desert eating frogs
8 hrs ago Police describe it as some of the most “unforgiving terrain you will find anywhere on Earth," yet somehow, a 28-year-old autistic man survived at least three weeks wandering in Utah’s Escalante Desert without any supplies. William Martin LaFever was found by rescuers about midway through his attempt to walk 90 miles to reach Page, Ariz., where his father had wired him some money. His dad assumed he would catch a ride there, not walk across a desert. LaFever said he’d survived by eating frogs and roots and drinking river water. "In all my career I have never seen someone so emaciated," a police deputy said. “In another 24 hours he would not have been alive." [Source]

Never heard of the Escalante Desert before reading this story! Always a bad ideal to walk across a desert without a map and proper supplies, as in food and PLENTY of the wet stufffffffffffffff..-;)--Tyr
Three freakin weeks!!!!!!

jafar00
07-13-2012, 06:30 PM
He must have watched Man vs Wild. Frogs would be a step up from what Bear Grylls usually eats.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25ot_F3zHsE

aboutime
07-13-2012, 08:27 PM
He must have watched Man vs Wild. Frogs would be a step up from what Bear Grylls usually eats.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25ot_F3zHsE

So. Did he give the frogs a kiss, hoping to find that Prince?

It's not surprising to hear what a human being will do to Live another day. Guess the frogs saved his life since he didn't die. Or....did he?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-13-2012, 08:46 PM

It's not surprising to hear what a human being will do to Live another day. Guess the frogs saved his life since he didn't die. Or....did he?

He lived to tell about it all. Being autistic I dont know how much he understood about what was happening and likely he had a guardian angel helping him along the way. I truly do believe that they exist..-Tyr

Shadow
07-13-2012, 08:52 PM
He lived to tell about it all. Being autistic I dont know how much he understood about what was happening and likely he had a guardian angel helping him along the way. I truly do believe that they exist..-Tyr

Ever actually experienced something to lead you believe that? Or is it just a feeling?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Ever actually experienced something to lead you believe that? Or is it just a feeling?

Women's intuition is hard to beat.
Yes, I've experienced something.. Would never share it out in an open forum like this .
Wouldnt want to start another link demand or demand that I give my source as we all saw how that went last time, didnt we? ;)--Tyr

Shadow
07-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Women's intuition is hard to beat.
Yes, I've experienced something.. Would never share it out in an open forum like this .
Wouldnt want to start another link demand or demand that I give my source as we all saw how that went last time, didnt we? ;)--Tyr

No problem. I didn't really need a detailed explaination. I have had a few (more than a few actually) other wordly 'nudges' myself....things that were hard to explain (without sounding crazy) happen just at the right time...and I don't really mean devine intervention preventing death or bodily harm (though probably happens too). Big nudges...little ones....enough to spark my interest and lead me to read up on other people's real life experiences. Sometimes you notice them more when you are 'tuned in' (if that mkes sense). ;)

Anyway...stuff I find interesting.

Nell's Room
07-14-2012, 01:10 AM
I am just glad he survived. Its a miracle he made it three weeks.

jafar00
07-14-2012, 05:29 AM

From my experience with autistic people, he might have become totally obsessed with survival which would have worked in his favour. I once worked with an autistic colleague who was a bit hard to handle, but put him to work on anything involving numbers and he was a human spreadsheet who would ignore everyone and everything (including eating) until his task was complete. Quite amazing.

Shadow
07-14-2012, 08:55 AM

He is very fortunate that he found those frogs...and water for that matter. Sounds like he was very emaciated when found. Good that he was located when he was... he might not have lasted much longer.

From my experience with autistic people, he might have become totally obsessed with survival which would have worked in his favour. I once worked with an autistic colleague who was a bit hard to handle, but put him to work on anything involving numbers and he was a human spreadsheet who would ignore everyone and everything (including eating) until his task was complete. Quite amazing.

That could very well be true. My experince with autistic people has been similar. The folks I have known were EXTREMELY focused and goal oriented.