PDA

View Full Version : Thugs mug 3-year-old boy sitting in his stroller

jimnyc
07-15-2012, 08:38 AM
Another reason why I hate NY, as we have more than our fair share of scumbags living in and around the City. I'm betting it was a drug addict, dying for his next fix and is willing to rob a toddler or the elderly. I say find them, lock them up, and place CCTV in the cell so that we can all enjoy watching them suffer the withdrawals.

Things are getting so rough in the Big Apple that even toddlers are getting mugged.

A cruel thug ripped a $400 gold chain off the neck of a 3-year-old boy who was sitting in his stroller and being pushed by his mom in Bedford-Stuyvesant in Brooklyn on Tuesday, law-enforcement sources said.

The crook and an accomplice attacked tot Harvey Hernandez in the lobby of his family’s Malcolm X Boulevard apartment building at 11:45 p.m. after following him, his teenage brother and mom Riyana Guerrero home from a Laundromat.

“I was screaming ‘Let go of my baby! Let go of my baby!’” the mom told The Post in Spanish yesterday.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/mug_three_year_old_sitting_street_OUkUT6bm6oMXkyBf uAq4mK#ixzz20bIJj3mU

Missileman
07-15-2012, 08:55 AM
Another reason why I hate NY, as we have more than our fair share of scumbags living in and around the City. I'm betting it was a drug addict, dying for his next fix and is willing to rob a toddler or the elderly. I say find them, lock them up, and place CCTV in the cell so that we can all enjoy watching them suffer the withdrawals.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/mug_three_year_old_sitting_street_OUkUT6bm6oMXkyBf uAq4mK#ixzz20bIJj3mU

What kind of fucking moron puts a $400 gold chain on a 3-year-old?

jimnyc
07-15-2012, 09:07 AM

Oh, I didn't even read that part! It doesn't mean they should be robbed, but I agree, kinda dumb to put something so valuable on a toddler.

Missileman
07-15-2012, 09:10 AM
Oh, I didn't even read that part! It doesn't mean they should be robbed, but I agree, kinda dumb to put something so valuable on a toddler.

There is such a thing as "asking for trouble", not that I'm condoning the robbery.

WiccanLiberal
07-15-2012, 09:12 AM
What in the world does a toddler need with a $400 necklace??? The mother is an idiot. The thief is scum but the mother shares the responsibility.

jimnyc
07-15-2012, 09:13 AM
There is such a thing as "asking for trouble", not that I'm condoning the robbery.

We received a gift for our son when he was baptized, an coincidentally, it was a thin chain and a charm. It was on him for some pictures that day, and has been kept in a picture frame along with the photos ever since. It just didn't make sense to place it on such a young boy. But it'll make for a great present/memory when he's older and can look back on things.

Shadow
07-15-2012, 09:46 AM

I don't even own a $400.00 gold chain. LOL

Guess everyone was thinking the same thing about this story. ;)

Shadow
07-15-2012, 09:51 AM

Right up there with carjackers taking cars with babies still in carseats in the back...then dumping them on the side of the road.

Apparently the neighbors and mother felt that they would have kidnapped the boy too...if they had not been scared away by all the shouting and commotion.

Lock them up and throw away the key!

Trigg
07-15-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm sorry the kid was robbed, but what was the mother thinking.

this happened on malcom X boulevard, which tells you right away that it's a bad neighborhood and it's 11:45 AT NIGHT.....

It says she was with her other teenage son, so why was the 3 yr old even up at that time let alone out with that much money hanging around his neck when he could have been in bed with his older brother watching him. Idiot mother.

Nell's Room
07-16-2012, 01:12 AM

Exactly what I was thinking.

logroller
07-16-2012, 01:37 AM
Guess she'd of been better off getting her 3 yr-old a really nice tattoo instead.:laugh: