PDA

View Full Version : Kucinich Exposes Power Grab By The Administration And Oil Barons

Psychoblues
05-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Washington, May 23 - WASHINGTON, D.C. — Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) will invoke a rarely used House procedure today to discuss the privatization of Iraqi oil on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives.

Kucinich plans to invoke a point of personal privilege under House Rule IX to respond to published remarks regarding efforts he has made to inform the House Democratic Caucus of the details of the Iraqi Hydrocarbon Act.

Kucinich will have one hour of time on the House floor in which he plans to explain why Congress’ insistence on benchmarks in the supplemental, which includes passage of the Iraqi hydrocarbon act, demands that Iraqis privatize their oil.

To watch Congressman Kucinich's speech live, visit C-SPAN's website.

Excerpts from the speech are below:

"The Administration set several benchmarks for the Iraqi government, including passage of the “Hydrocarbon Law” by the Iraqi Parliament."

"The fact is that except for three scant lines, the entire 33 page “Hydrocarbon Law,” is about creating a complex legal structure to facilitate the privatization of Iraqi oil."

"And many inside the beltway are contemplating linking funding for the war in Iraq to the completion of these benchmarks, including passage of the “Hydrocarbon Law” by the Iraqi Parliament."

"The war in Iraq is a stain on American history. Let us not further besmirch our nation by participating in the outrageous exploitation of a nation which is in shambles due to U.S. intervention."

More: http://kucinich.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=65844

It sure as hell ain’t Americns they got on their minds. It’s profit that is the almighty to them.

loosecannon
05-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Washington, May 23 - WASHINGTON, D.C. — Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) will invoke a rarely used House procedure today to discuss the privatization of Iraqi oil on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives.

Kucinich plans to invoke a point of personal privilege under House Rule IX to respond to published remarks regarding efforts he has made to inform the House Democratic Caucus of the details of the Iraqi Hydrocarbon Act.

Kucinich will have one hour of time on the House floor in which he plans to explain why Congress’ insistence on benchmarks in the supplemental, which includes passage of the Iraqi hydrocarbon act, demands that Iraqis privatize their oil.

"The Administration set several benchmarks for the Iraqi government, including passage of the “Hydrocarbon Law” by the Iraqi Parliament."

"The fact is that except for three scant lines, the entire 33 page “Hydrocarbon Law,” is about creating a complex legal structure to facilitate the privatization of Iraqi oil."

"And many inside the beltway are contemplating linking funding for the war in Iraq to the completion of these benchmarks, including passage of the “Hydrocarbon Law” by the Iraqi Parliament."

"The war in Iraq is a stain on American history. Let us not further besmirch our nation by participating in the outrageous exploitation of a nation which is in shambles due to U.S. intervention."

It sure as hell ain’t Americns they got on their minds. It’s profit that is the almighty to them.

Thanks Psychoblues for this report.

If it proves true I become an enemy of both parties.

Enough is enough.

Psychoblues
05-23-2007, 09:14 PM
You insinuate that you adhere to 3rd Party politics. Have fun and get lost.

Thanks Psychoblues for this report.

If it proves true I become an enemy of both parties.

Enough is enough.

We have what we have. Understand it. The success or failure of the American experiment depends on you.

Dilloduck
05-23-2007, 09:51 PM

That's one of the better written accusations that the war was ALL about oil that I've seen. :clap: :clap:

loosecannon
05-23-2007, 10:21 PM
You insinuate that you adhere to 3rd Party politics. Have fun and get lost.

We have what we have. Understand it. The success or failure of the American experiment depends on you.

I do understand it. The only hope is increasingly vested in some kind of revolutionary upheaval.

I am willing to hear your POV, and i realize that this budget is almost a certain defeat but this is treasonous on the part of both parties.

My support is on it's last leg.

What is your case?

loosecannon
05-23-2007, 10:22 PM
That's one of the better written accusations that the war was ALL about oil that I've seen. :clap: :clap:

as if we didn't know that from day one DD.

O peration
I raqi
L iberation

The admin/pentagons own label.

(I will add for the lurkers that the US dollar petro currency status supported by controlling ME oil is the singular foundation of globalization.

Without that petro currency dominance, globalization dies in 3-4 years)

Dilloduck
05-23-2007, 10:28 PM
as if we didn't know that from day one DD.

O peration
I raqi
L iberation

The admin/pentagons own label.

ALL ABOUT OIL ? Nice try. I mean it really is a pretty good try by Kucinich If he would go into such great detail about our OTHER reasons for being there I would be impressed. How can you possibly invade an oil rich country and have it NOT be about oil ?

Help get us out of there and quit whining.

loosecannon
05-23-2007, 10:39 PM
ALL ABOUT OIL ? Nice try. I mean it really is a pretty good try by Kucinich If he would go into such great detail about our OTHER reasons for being there I would be impressed. How can you possibly invade an oil rich country and have it NOT be about oil ?

Help get us out of there and quit whining.

help!

I simply can not decode the sarcasm from the literal in that post.

Psychoblues
05-23-2007, 11:09 PM
As DD readily admits. It is all about oil.

help!

I simply can not decode the sarcasm from the literal in that post.

What help are you calling for or need?

05-23-2007, 11:14 PM
heaven forbid we let more oil in the market by private individuals who actually work for it.

loosecannon
05-23-2007, 11:18 PM
heaven forbid we let more oil in the market by private individuals who actually work for it.

fuck off n die vacuous poster without a draft of the situation.

(nothing personal of course:laugh2: )

loosecannon
05-23-2007, 11:19 PM
As DD readily admits. It is all about oil.

What help are you calling for or need?

prob a translation from DD.

Psychoblues
05-27-2007, 11:52 PM
I can dig it, lc.

prob a translation from DD.

Sorry about the confusion!!!!!!!!!!