PDA

View Full Version : Comic-Con 2012: ‘Man of Steel’ wows crowd with first look at new Superman

Shadow
07-15-2012, 02:20 PM
Director Zack Snyder and "Man of Steel" star Henry Cavill promised to reinvent Superman for a modern generation.
"We certainly respect the history," Snyder told 6,000 screaming fans at Saturday's Comic Con panel. "But I kind of felt like Superman needed to be reintroduced to a new generation," Snyder said. "He's always been like this Boy Scout on top of a mountain and you can't really touch him."

"I just wanted to bring Superman into the modern world," Cavill added. "Hopefully I bring a version that everyone can relate to."
Snyder screened the first-ever footage from the film, which premiers next June.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/comic-con-2012-man-steel-wows-crowd-first-002728821.html

aboutime
07-15-2012, 11:38 PM
Does this mean....the New Man of Steel will be attending GAY PRIDE parades in San Fran soon?

taft2012
07-16-2012, 05:10 AM
I predict an emo Superman.

revelarts
07-16-2012, 05:35 AM
....."But I kind of felt like Superman needed to be reintroduced to a new generation," Snyder said. "He's always been like this Boy Scout on top of a mountain and you can't really touch him."

"I just wanted to bring Superman into the modern world," Cavill added. "Hopefully I bring a version that everyone can relate to."....

:puke3:

excuse me, key phase
"...He's always been like this Boy Scout on top of a mountain..."
so he wants to change him?
Why not use a different hero ,that you like, rather than bring supes down to a level you can relate too. There's like 80 years of source material, he can't find anything that would work with Superman with the persona he's ALWAYS had?
IMO they've yet to a solid superman movie. One that does justice to the character. the 1st one tried but it was to early special effects wise, no cigars.

looks like this ones heading for a fail too.

DC can't seem to do a movie character except Batman.