PDA

View Full Version : Just imagine what luck!!!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-16-2012, 10:16 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/community-news/tarrant-county/headlines/20120629-southlake-man-recovers-exotic-car-reported-stolen-nearly-42-years-ago.ece

> News > Community News > Tarrant County > Tarrant County Headlines

Southlake man recovers exotic car reported stolen nearly 42 years ago

Michael Ainsworth/Staff Photographer Bob Russell, shown with wife, Cyndy, plans to restore his car stolen more than 40 years ago. This was hardly a joyride for Bob Russell.

But nearly 42 years after someone stole his 1967 Austin Healey 3000 from a Philadelphia apartment complex, the Southlake sleuth is back in the driver’s seat.

“That was quite the knockdown-dragout,” Russell said of the decades-long search that finally turned up his car."

I still have the serial numbers on some guns stolen from me back if 1976. Perhaps I need to start checking gun sales sites.-Tyr

Nukeman
07-16-2012, 12:45 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/community-news/tarrant-county/headlines/20120629-southlake-man-recovers-exotic-car-reported-stolen-nearly-42-years-ago.ece

> News > Community News > Tarrant County > Tarrant County Headlines

Southlake man recovers exotic car reported stolen nearly 42 years ago

Michael Ainsworth/Staff Photographer Bob Russell, shown with wife, Cyndy, plans to restore his car stolen more than 40 years ago. This was hardly a joyride for Bob Russell.

But nearly 42 years after someone stole his 1967 Austin Healey 3000 from a Philadelphia apartment complex, the Southlake sleuth is back in the driver’s seat.

“That was quite the knockdown-dragout,” Russell said of the decades-long search that finally turned up his car."

I still have the serial numbers on some guns stolen from me back if 1976. Perhaps I need to start checking gun sales sites.-TyrSad thing is, this car was sold many times WITH THE CORRECT VIN NUMBER.. How does that happen, A car is reported stolen and the VIN is placed in a database and this thing gets sold with THAT VIN NUMBER!! WOW just WOW says a lot about or police and how hard they look for stolen property!!!

Abbey Marie
07-16-2012, 02:41 PM
I can understand his persistence to get it back. I know that I have posted more than once here that that is my absolute favorite car. The sweet memories!