PDA

View Full Version : Best campaign advertising still to come

gabosaurus
07-18-2012, 11:39 AM
If you enjoy the Bush campaign's "Swift boating" ads in 2004, you are going to love what the Obama people have in store for later in the year. It's going to get really down and dirty. And it will work.
The Bush people proved that, even if your ads are total falsehoods, they will make an impression on voters. And no one will find out they are lies until after you are in office.
My dad works in PR. He has seen some of the mock ups floating around.
I expect DP to be flooded with indignation within a few months. :eek:

aboutime
07-18-2012, 12:45 PM
If you enjoy the Bush campaign's "Swift boating" ads in 2004, you are going to love what the Obama people have in store for later in the year. It's going to get really down and dirty. And it will work.
The Bush people proved that, even if your ads are total falsehoods, they will make an impression on voters. And no one will find out they are lies until after you are in office.

Not only are you highly PROUD of your hatred. But you come here to flaunt it as well.
Obama should be really proud of you as well. Pushing those Racist buttons, and showing your pride in Obama's ability to Further Divide the American people with tactics, much like you use here.
Congratulations. The Indignation I feel, is only toward you. Look at how you have finally proven, what most all of us here have been thinking about you, has come true.
Thanks so much.
Tell us more.

By the way. Thanks for proving that OBAMA is a liar as well. You patterned yourself after him. And now we all know.

gabosaurus
07-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Not only are you highly PROUD of your hatred. But you come here to flaunt it as well.
Obama should be really proud of you as well. Pushing those Racist buttons, and showing your pride in Obama's ability to Further Divide the American people with tactics, much like you use here.
Congratulations. The Indignation I feel, is only toward you. Look at how you have finally proven, what most all of us here have been thinking about you, has come true.
Thanks so much.
Tell us more.

By the way. Thanks for proving that OBAMA is a liar as well. You patterned yourself after him. And now we all know.

How do you decide when you want to post as RSR and when to post as aboutime?

Roo
07-18-2012, 04:32 PM

Too funny, Bammy is toast...and you will be crying like a stuck pig in November...you aren't even intelligent enough to know who was responsible for those ads :)

gabosaurus
07-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Too funny, Bammy is toast...and you will be crying like a stuck pig in November...you aren't even intelligent enough to know who was responsible for those ads :)

Funny statement considering I haven't yet decided whether I wish to vote for Obama or not.

And yes, I know exactly who was responsible for the "swift boat" ads. It was a group of financial backers who created a pack of lies in an attempt to discredit a candidate who served while enhancing the image of a cowardly candidate who collaborated with the enemy.

Roo
07-18-2012, 05:02 PM
I know, in Gabby's world no Republican can tell the truth and no Democrat can lie....I haven't been here long and already I know you have no credibility or integrity.

gabosaurus
07-18-2012, 07:46 PM
I know, in Gabby's world no Republican can tell the truth and no Democrat can lie....I haven't been here long and already I know you have no credibility or integrity.

Of course you do. :rolleyes:

Kathianne
07-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Funny statement considering I haven't yet decided whether I wish to vote for Obama or not.

And yes, I know exactly who was responsible for the "swift boat" ads. It was a group of financial backers who created a pack of lies in an attempt to discredit a candidate who served while enhancing the image of a cowardly candidate who collaborated with the enemy.

Do you? Cool. I'm pretty good at finding out the dirty and haven't been able to on this. So really, waiting for enlightenment. Sources of course.

Roo
07-18-2012, 07:57 PM
Of course you do. :rolleyes:

Partisan hacks are easy to spot, no big deal.....only somone like you would try and ignore the last 3 election results and claim Bammy is going to win ;)

gabosaurus
07-18-2012, 09:24 PM
Do you? Cool. I'm pretty good at finding out the dirty and haven't been able to on this. So really, waiting for enlightenment. Sources of course.

Try this:

http://www.opensecrets.org/527s/527events.php?id=61

Kathianne
07-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Try this:

http://www.opensecrets.org/527s/527events.php?id=61

Now I'm confused. These were all men that served with, under, and above Kerry. I was looking for those that were without ties, just smearing him.

gabosaurus
07-18-2012, 09:32 PM
Now I'm confused. These were all men that served with, under, and above Kerry. I was looking for those that were without ties, just smearing him.

Why would those without ties want to smear him? And how could they?
The best lies come from those in the best position to lie. And they were proven to be liars.

Kathianne
07-18-2012, 10:08 PM
The best lies come from those in the best position to lie. And they were proven to be liars.

I dunno, this?

SassyLady
07-19-2012, 12:13 AM

No they weren't.

07-19-2012, 12:15 AM
First, swiftboating is telling the truth about someone. Obama cant do that. It's not in his nature.

Second, Doesn't it bother you at all that you are excited and happy about the fact that Obama needs to use lies and is going to use lies in an attempt to win this campaign? Do you value honesty and integrity so little?

SassyLady
07-19-2012, 12:16 AM

Gabby, you do know that these people had an issue with Kerry way back in 1971....a long time before he decided to run for president. O'Neill debated him on the Dick Cavett show.

07-19-2012, 12:17 AM

They weren't proven to be liars. The very fact that their story remained the same and Kerry Changed his version every five minutes says the exact opposite.

PostmodernProphet
07-19-2012, 07:09 AM
If you enjoy the Bush campaign's "Swift boating" ads in 2004, you are going to love what the Obama people have in store for later in the year.

we're already seeing it.....I call it Swift Baining......on the other boards I visit I see liberals posting "Bain" so often it sounds like they're stuttering.....babababababain......

Roo
07-19-2012, 08:58 AM
Its really very simple, one either believes they need an all encompassing centrally planned nation, or they don't....weak minded people tend to hang on to the notion that ONLY Daddy/Mommy Gov can make everything ok.

Clear thinking, hard working people understand that they can work themselves out of whatever pitfalls they encounter.

revelarts
07-19-2012, 10:38 AM
<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:thedailyshow.com:312370" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-june-15-2010/respect-my-authoritah">The Daily Show with Jon Stewart</a></b><br/>Get More: <a href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/'>Daily Show Full Episodes</a>,<a href='http://www.indecisionforever.com/'>Political Humor & Satire Blog</a>,<a href='http://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow'>The Daily Show on Facebook</a></p></div></div>

so Romney we got more of the same...

Kathianne
07-19-2012, 04:31 PM
NYT states the obvious:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/19/us/politics/poll-shows-economic-fears-undercutting-obama-support.html?pagewanted=all

July 18, 2012
<nyt_headline version="1.0" type=" ">Economic Fears Hurting Obama, Poll Indicates</nyt_headline> <nyt_byline> By JIM RUTENBERG (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/r/jim_rutenberg/index.html) and MARJORIE CONNELLY (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/c/marjorie_connelly/index.html) </nyt_byline> <nyt_correction_top> </nyt_correction_top> Declining confidence in the nation’s economic prospects appears to be the most powerful force influencing voters as the presidential election gears up, undercutting key areas of support for President Obama (http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/candidates/barack-obama?inline=nyt-per) and helping give his Republican challenger, Mitt Romney (http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/primaries/candidates/mitt-romney?inline=nyt-per), an advantage on the question of who would better handle the nation’s economic challenges, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News Poll.

Despite months of negative advertising from Mr. Obama and his Democratic allies seeking to further define Mr. Romney as out of touch with the middle class and representative of wealthy interests, the poll shows little evidence of any substantial nationwide shift in attitudes about Mr. Romney.

But with job growth tailing off since spring and the Federal Reserve chairman, Ben S. Bernanke, wondering aloud whether the labor market is “stuck in the mud,” the poll showed a significant shift in opinion about Mr. Obama’s handling of the economy, with 39 percent now saying they approved and 55 percent saying they disapproved.

In the Times/CBS poll in April, when the economy seemed to have momentum, 44 percent approved and 48 percent disapproved.

The new poll shows that the race remains essentially tied, notwithstanding all of the Washington chatter suggesting that Mr. Romney’s campaign has seemed off-kilter amid attacks on his tenure at Bain Capital and his unwillingness to release more of his tax returns. Forty-five percent say they would vote for Mr. Romney if the election were held now and 43 percent say they would vote for Mr. Obama.

That's 88% of those queried, leaving 12 percent 'independent' or 'undecided.' Same thing I guess. In any case, those undecided this late in the campaign, do not go for the incumbent. Indeed, more than 4:1.

http://www.pollster.com/faq/do_undecided_voters_break_for_1.php

Little-Acorn
07-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Turns out little gabby was right, for a change. (Even a blind squirrel finds an occasional acorn.)

Her statement last week that the best political ads are yet to come, is coming true.

-------------------------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/19/romney-hammers-didnt-build-that-in-new-web-ad/

Romney hammers 'you didn't build that' in new web ad

Published July 19, 2012

Mitt Romney's campaign kept up the drumbeat of criticism Thursday over President Obama's "you didn't build that" gaffe, releasing a scathing web ad in which a New Hampshire business owner says: "President Obama, you're killing us out here."

The ad, released Thursday morning, sustains what has been a weeklong theme for the Romney campaign. Echoing the Republican candidate's recent criticism on the stump, the video hammers the president for suggesting this past Friday that business owners owe their success to government.

The video features Jack Gilchrist, owner of Gilchrist Metal Fabricating Company, and shows him getting ready for work at dawn while Obama's words play in the background.

"If you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. ... I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart," the president says, as the ad shows Gilchrist saying goodbye to his family and heading off to work. "If you've got a business -- you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen."

The ad then cuts to an incredulous Gilchrist, who asks: "My father's hands didn't build this company? My hands didn't build this company? My son's hands aren't building this company? Did somebody else take out the loan on my father's house to finance the equipment? Did somebody else make payroll every week or figure out where it's coming from?

"President Obama, you're killing us out here. Through hard work and a little bit of luck, we built this business. Why are you demonizing us for it? We are the solution, not the problem."

Roo
07-19-2012, 05:44 PM
Turns out little gabby was right, for a change. (Even a blind squirrel finds an occasional acorn.)

Her statement last week that the best political ads are yet to come, is coming true.

-------------------------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/19/romney-hammers-didnt-build-that-in-new-web-ad/

Romney hammers 'you didn't build that' in new web ad

Published July 19, 2012

Mitt Romney's campaign kept up the drumbeat of criticism Thursday over President Obama's "you didn't build that" gaffe, releasing a scathing web ad in which a New Hampshire business owner says: "President Obama, you're killing us out here."

The ad, released Thursday morning, sustains what has been a weeklong theme for the Romney campaign. Echoing the Republican candidate's recent criticism on the stump, the video hammers the president for suggesting this past Friday that business owners owe their success to government.

The video features Jack Gilchrist, owner of Gilchrist Metal Fabricating Company, and shows him getting ready for work at dawn while Obama's words play in the background.

"If you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. ... I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart," the president says, as the ad shows Gilchrist saying goodbye to his family and heading off to work. "If you've got a business -- you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen."

The ad then cuts to an incredulous Gilchrist, who asks: "My father's hands didn't build this company? My hands didn't build this company? My son's hands aren't building this company? Did somebody else take out the loan on my father's house to finance the equipment? Did somebody else make payroll every week or figure out where it's coming from?

"President Obama, you're killing us out here. Through hard work and a little bit of luck, we built this business. Why are you demonizing us for it? We are the solution, not the problem."

Ironical, ain't it???

;)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-19-2012, 06:39 PM
Ironical, ain't it???

;)

Lets pray that obama continues to let his true self speak out, quick somebody break all his teleprompters.
Afew more moments of truth and the jackass couldnt get elected city dogcatcher. Of course if he did he would have free food at his beck and call, right?
He gives a whole new meaning to the term winnie dog, eh? Mustard , a bun and a stray dog, yum yum,:laugh2:-Tyr

Trigg
07-19-2012, 08:43 PM
this is going to be a very close race.

It's all going to depend on whether bambam can get the youth and blacks out for the vote. Two groups that are notorius for not showing up on election day.

here in florida the ads are all over the place and bambam is already on his 3rd appearence, mostly in college towns.

He's worried and he needs to be.

He has nothing to run on. after 4 years the economy is still in the shitter.

Kathianne
07-19-2012, 09:34 PM
http://www.dol.gov/_sec/media/reports/blacklaborforce/

The African-American Labor Force in the Recovery

Download the Report (http://www.dol.gov/_sec/media/reports/BlackLaborForce/BlackLaborForce.pdf) (PDF)

While the unemployment rate for African Americans fell substantially in January to 13.6 percent, it remains significantly higher than the 8.5 percent rate of November 2007, just prior to the recession. Aggregate numbers show that the African-American community as a whole has exhibited poorer labor market outcomes than other races even prior to the recession and during the recovery, demonstrating that they often face different and greater challenges. By breaking down the data by age, gender, education, and other criteria, this report examines in greater detail the trends in employment and unemployment among African Americans and shows how they have been faring in the economic recovery. The "Looking Forward" section at the end of the report discusses the President's 2013 Budget and highlights various ways in which Department of Labor programs have helped to address the challenges faced by African Americans in the labor market.

Table 1: Unemployment, employment, and earnings characteristics by race and Hispanic ethnicity1, 2011 annual averages

<tbody>
Characteristics of the employed

Blacks

Whites

Hispanics

% Employed (employment -population ratio among those 16 and older)

% Usually working part time

% Women (age 16 and older)

% College graduates (age 25 and older)

% Working in the private sector (wage and salary workers)

% Working in the public sector

% Self-employed (unincorporated)2

Usual Median Weekly Earnings

Total

$615

$775

$549

Men

$653

$856

$571

Women

$595

$703

$518

Characteristics of the Unemployed

Unemployment rate

% Women (age 16 and older)

Median duration of unemployment in weeks

% Long-term unemployed (27 weeks or more)

Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), Current Population Survey
1Persons whose ethnicity is identified as Hispanic or Latino may be of any race. Those identified as white or black includes those Hispanics who selected white or black when queried about their race.
2Self-employed refer to self-employed workers whose businesses are unincorporated.

</tbody>