PDA

View Full Version : Latest Limbaugh Laugh: Batman campaigning for Obama

gabosaurus
07-18-2012, 04:23 PM
I heard Rush is already backing off his absurd claim that the villain in the new Batman movie (Bane) is a reference to Romney's association with the company Bain. Since pretty much everyone except Rush knows that the Bane character was created 20 years ago.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/entertainment/movies/Rush-Limbaugh-Batman-Obama-162860946.html

Oh well, I am Rush will come up with an excuse and all the dittoheads will accept it.

07-18-2012, 05:24 PM
You do realize he was completely mocking liberals who were doing just that and pointed out that the people who created Bane were hard core conservatives who didnt have that intention, right?

Oh right. I forgot. You dont actually listen to what Rush says. You listen to what others say Rush said.

gabosaurus
07-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Oh right. I forgot. You dont actually listen to what Rush says. You listen to what others say Rush said.

Seriously dude? Let's go over what Rush actually said. This transcript is from his web site.

RUSH: Have you heard this new movie, the Batman movie, what is it, The Dark Knight Lights Up or whatever the name is. That's right, Dark Knight Rises. Lights Up, same thing. Do you know the name of the villain in this movie? Bane. The villain in The Dark Knight Rises is named Bane, B-a-n-e. What is the name of the venture capital firm that Romney (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/07/17/romney_doesn_t_have_a_bain_problem_but_the_media_i nvented_one)ran and around which there's now this make-believe controversy? Bain. The movie has been in the works for a long time. The release date's been known, summer 2012 for a long time. Do you think that it is accidental that the name of the really vicious fire breathing four eyed whatever it is villain in this movie is named Bane?

07-18-2012, 08:19 PM
im shocked. You didn't quote the entire monologue. I can't imagine why you would do that.

gabosaurus
07-18-2012, 09:33 PM
You want me to quote the entire program? Go read it yourself.

Shadow
07-18-2012, 10:38 PM

As usual the liberal hacks got it wrong...

World on Fire Over Batman and El Rushbo

I never said that the villain was created by the comic book character creator to be part of the 2012 campaign. I never said that at all. Everybody's out there running around saying I got this giant conspiracy theory that the Batman people, the creators, the comic book creators, created this thing to campaign against Romney. I never said that. I didn't say there was a conspiracy. I said the Democrats were going to use it, which they are. Jon Stewart's harping on it.BREAK TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: I even said yesterday at the end of my whole Batman discussion that Batman is more like Romney. I made the point that the rich, wealthy hero in the Batman movie is more like Romney and that the Bane guy seems more like an Occupy Wall Street guy. And yet here I am supposedly articulating a conspiracy between the comic book creators and the Obama campaign, that somehow they created this villain with the same name as Romney's venture capital company, private equity company.
No. All I said yesterday was that the Democrats are going to try to make that linkage. I got our old buddy Jon Stewart here, in fact, doing the same. We got sound bites out the wazoo on this. Snerdley came in here, people were calling him at three o'clock in the morning, "You better tell Rush he's got this all wrong. These guys are very conservative, these Batman creators, they're very conservative." This thing spread like wildlife. A comic book villain, a comic book character... A discussion about a comic book villain gets people more irritated and agitated than Obama's assault on the private sector (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/07/18/we_have_a_lifetime_of_context_for_what_obama_said_ about_american_business), than Obama's assault on jobs.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/07/18/world_on_fire_over_batman_and_el_rushbo

07-19-2012, 12:13 AM

I don't need to read it. I heard it. I was quite amused that people on the left were making such obsurd claims.