PDA

View Full Version : If we Dems lose in 2012, a new, painful era of self-reliance

Little-Acorn
07-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Yes, folks, we are now at a point where the President of the United States regards citizens' self-reliance as a painful, BAD thing to be avoided.

Apparently this Constitutional scholar has forgotten that this country was founded for the purpose of letting its citizens be self-reliant... and that they, unlike him, considered it very valuable. They even called it a right.

Is it November yet?

----------------------------------------------

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/10/obama-if-we-lose-in-2012-government-will-tell-people-youre-on-your-own/

Obama: If We Lose in 2012, Government Will Tell People ‘You’re on Your Own’

Oct 26, 2011 6:29pm
(Susan Walsh/AP Photo)

At a million-dollar San Francisco fundraiser today, President Obama warned his recession-battered supporters that if he loses the 2012 election it could herald a new, painful era of self-reliance in America.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Yes, folks, we are now at a point where the President of the United States regards citizens' self-reliance as a painful, BAD thing to be avoided.

Is it November yet?

----------------------------------------------

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/10/obama-if-we-lose-in-2012-government-will-tell-people-youre-on-your-own/

Obama: If We Lose in 2012, Government Will Tell People ‘You’re on Your Own’

Oct 26, 2011 6:29pm
(Susan Walsh/AP Photo)

At a million-dollar San Francisco fundraiser today, President Obama warned his recession-battered supporters that if he loses the 2012 election it could herald a new, painful era of self-reliance in America.

Yep, that damn self reliance has mucked up the place since 1776!!!!!
All it took was for this genius to come along to inform we blithering idiots of that blindingly enlightened revelation!
Just think of all the millions of Americans that have died in total ignorance of obama's brilliant discovery.
It takes a halfbreed "messiah" to raise a nation , eh?
Just think if he hadnt chosen his black half to embrace we would all still be living in darkness and abject ignorance!

Dilloduck
07-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Does he mean white folks too ?

Anton Chigurh
07-19-2012, 07:45 PM
If we Dems lose in 2012, a new, painful era of self-relianceLike everything else they demagogue, this one's simply not true either. On the contrary, I haven't seen one thing yet to indicate a GOP controlled House, Senate and White House will really do a whole lot different than what we have seen the last fifteen years.

The GOP has talked the talk, but hasn't walked the walk since Gingrich was House Speaker. Otherwise we wouldn't be in this mess.

It was a team effort between the Dems and the GOP that got us where we are right now.

Roo
07-19-2012, 07:51 PM
So sit it out, it should work well for you.

Anton Chigurh
07-19-2012, 09:33 PM
So sit it out, it should work well for you.Whether I "sit it out" or not isn't at all relevant to the point I made.

It's not going to "work well" if we have four more years of milquetoast GOP leadership. They need to get tough and not worry about being painted as "meanies" and such that wanna kill grandma and starve children - they're gonna be branded with that no matter what they do, so why sweat it?

SassyLady
07-19-2012, 11:53 PM
Oh, what an uproar was created when our AAA rating was downgraded!!! Remember....everyone blamed the Tea Party candidates because they were willing to take the hard line and let things get hard in order to correct?

I just hope they haven't been corrupted and will take the hard stance......too big to fail .... valuable lessons are learned through failure. Ask Lincoln.

PostmodernProphet
07-20-2012, 06:25 AM
this is the reason the Dems created a world of reliance......you didn't expect them not to use it, did you?.......

DragonStryk72
07-20-2012, 08:22 AM
“If you get sick, you’re on your own. If you can’t afford college, you’re on your own. If you don’t like that some corporation is polluting your air or the air that your child breathes, then you’re on your own,” he said. “That’s not the America I believe in. It’s not the America you believe in.”

Wait, are we getting rid of free clinics, the VA, Medicare, Medicaid, student loans, and protection of the environment? I don't seem to remember that part of Romney's platform.

“I reject an argument that says we’ve got to roll back protections that ban hidden fees by credit card companies, or rules that keep our kids from being exposed to mercury, or laws that prevent the health insurance industry from exploiting people who are sick,” Obama said. “And I reject the idea that somehow if we strip away collective bargaining rights, that we’ll be somehow better off.
“We should not be in a race to the bottom where we take pride in having the cheapest labor and the most polluted air and the least protected consumers,” he said.

Um.... okay. None of this seems to be in Romney's running platform, either. I do believe I see a pattern to Obama's argument.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-20-2012, 08:39 AM
Wait, are we getting rid of free clinics, the VA, Medicare, Medicaid, student loans, and protection of the environment? I don't seem to remember that part of Romney's platform.

Um.... okay. None of this seems to be in Romney's running platform, either. I do believe I see a pattern to Obama's argument.

Correct its not in Romney's platform..
Same pattern that he has used all of his worthless life, lie like a rug!
Research on his father and grandfather reveals they were both supreme liars that lied as easily as most people breathe. He comes from a long line of lying bastards. The apple very rarely falls far from the tree!-Tyr

aboutime
07-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Oh, what an uproar was created when our AAA rating was downgraded!!! Remember....everyone blamed the Tea Party candidates because they were willing to take the hard line and let things get hard in order to correct?

I just hope they haven't been corrupted and will take the hard stance......too big to fail .... valuable lessons are learned through failure. Ask Lincoln.

This is nothing more than more of the same old Obama/Democrat/Liberal Blame game. Notice how seemingly Happy Obama is, talking about the Shootings in Co., and canceling all of his events...thankfully, taking the one topic Obama DOES NOT WANT DISCUSSED off the table for the weekend...The Economy, and Jobs.

Watch what Obama really does over the weekend. And keep an ear on the News. You won't be hearing hardly anything...other than about the shooting. And OBAMA takes a huge SIGH of Relief.