PDA

View Full Version : Gunman kills 12 during Batman premiere

Trinity
07-20-2012, 07:58 AM
There are videos attached to this story....WARNING some of them are pretty bad.

(RNN) - A gunman opened fire during a midnight movie premiere of The Dark Knight Rises, killing 12 people and 50 others are wounded in Aurora, CO.
Aurora Police Chief Dan Oats said 38 people had been transported to area hospitals. Four victims had been admitted to the hospital. Some of the victims were children.

Initial reports indicated 14 had died, however an official statement downgraded the death toll to 12.
The victims range in age from 3 months old to 45 years old.

http://www.fox19.com/story/19071381/gunman-opens-fire-on-packed-theater (http://www.fox19.com/story/19071381/gunman-opens-fire-on-packed-theater)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-20-2012, 08:05 AM
There are videos attached to this story....WARNING some of them are pretty bad.

(RNN) - A gunman opened fire during a midnight movie premiere of The Dark Knight Rises, killing 12 people and 50 others are wounded in Aurora, CO.
Aurora Police Chief Dan Oats said 38 people had been transported to area hospitals. Four victims had been admitted to the hospital. Some of the victims were children.

Initial reports indicated 14 had died, however an official statement downgraded the death toll to 12.
The victims range in age from 3 months old to 45 years old.

http://www.fox19.com/story/19071381/gunman-opens-fire-on-packed-theater (http://www.fox19.com/story/19071381/gunman-opens-fire-on-packed-theater)

Tragic. I wonder who and why? Such insane carnage certainly spreads terror, eh?-Tyr

Anton Chigurh
07-20-2012, 08:35 AM
ABC already saying the shooter is a Tea party member....

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-20-2012, 08:53 AM
ABC already saying the shooter is a Tea party member....

Why not, tea party members are well known for shooting up places and murdering innocent people.:rolleyes:
No , wait thats another group that ABC AND MOST OTHER LAMESTREAM MEDIA will jump thru hoops trying to protect. If it does become known that it is a terrorist attack by muslims ABC and lamestream media will be the last to report that. Americans should be asking why ALWAYS the great protection given to Islam. Think that if the Fort Hood shooter had been christian or rightwing militia type there would be the almost complete silence about the case as exists now thanks to a MEDIA THAT IS HELLBENT ON NOT COVERING IT UNLESS FORCED TO?
Dems are sold out, lamestream media is sold out, black race is sold out. America can not afford any more sell outs IMHO. Look at the damage done already by those three entities!-Tyr

darin
07-20-2012, 09:07 AM
Streaming FOX now...SO SICK of the 'analysis' of their talking heads. So full of crap

Kathianne
07-20-2012, 09:12 AM
Just read the 'quick info' articles on who James Holmes is. His mother, in San Diego, said, "You've got the right person." She's trying to get out to CO. He is WHITE, MALE, 24. That's the 'big news', but nothing else. No motive being released by LE. FBI shockingly assured us that 'there are no ties to terrorism.'

His apartment reportedly was booby trapped.

revelarts
07-20-2012, 09:20 AM
local news stream'

http://www.9news.com/video/player_live_2.aspx

darin
07-20-2012, 09:49 AM
Listening to the President now - comments on this event.

He's doing a great job so far.

Mr. P
07-20-2012, 09:58 AM

Yeah, he didn't even mention gun control. But we can bet it's gonna come up soon in the media.

darin
07-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Heard a report that should end this being a gun-control issue - the guy doesn't seem to have a permit. Thus, permit regulations would not have done anything

Thunderknuckles
07-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Listened to it all on talk radio on drive into work. Lots of audio on eyewitness accounts. One that disturbed me most was about seeing a a young teenage girl laying dead on the floor. A 3 month old baby was also one of the wounded. Horrific, heart breaking.

The most telling aspect of this tragedy is the response of the mother. It's as if she knew her son was a nut job and not surprised at all that he did this.

While there are already calls for more gun control, I think we need a little more "Crazy Control".
There is no rehabilitating this guy. Give him his day in court and when he is found guilty, take him out back, put a bullet in his head, and dump his body in a dumpster.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-20-2012, 10:28 AM
Listened to it all on talk radio on drive into work. Lots of audio on eyewitness accounts. One that disturbed me most was about seeing a a young teenage girl laying dead on the floor. A 3 month old baby was also one of the wounded. Horrific, heart breaking.

The most telling aspect of this tragedy is the response of the mother. It's as if she knew her son was a nut job and not surprised at all that he did this.

While there are already calls for more gun control, I think we need a little more "Crazy Control".
There is no rehabilitating this guy. Give him his day in court and when he is found guilty, take him out back, put a bullet in his head, and dump his body in a dumpster.

Media will concentrate on the gun control issue and to hell with the crazy issue!
As Rahm said, "never let a good crisis go to waste." OR A GOOD TRAGEDY THAT CAN BE USED TO FURTHER ANY ANTI-GUN AGENDA!
Hell, obama, Holder and crew were sending guns to mexico in order to be able to get ever increasing anti-gun laws passed when the violence spilled over in America from those mexican drug gangs. Creating death and destruction to further their anti-gun agenda!
One should be asking why obama and the media are both so hellbent and gungho on disarming every American citizen! -Tyr

Anton Chigurh
07-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Streaming FOX now...SO SICK of the 'analysis' of their talking heads. So full of crapI feel ya, I've been watching this coverage all day.... Getting really frustrated with the TV media. Been checking them all and NONE of them are asking the important questions - Was the movie any good? And, Did the folks get refunds?

Shit....

Anton Chigurh
07-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Media will concentrate on the gun control issue and to hell with the crazy issue!
As Rahm said, "never let a good crisis go to waste." OR A GOOD TRAGEDY THAT CAN BE USED TO FURTHER ANY ANTI-GUN AGENDA!Problem they already have is, it's been reported by several outlets that none of the shooter's guns were registered, he wasn't a legal gun owner.

Oops.

Thunderknuckles
07-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Problem they already have is, it's been reported by several outlets that none of the shooter's guns were registered, he wasn't a legal gun owner.

Oops.
Which goes to show you the true agenda behind gun control advocates which is they don't want gun "control", they just don't wants guns period!

Anton Chigurh
07-20-2012, 11:00 AM
And of course the first thing these media sumbitches wanted to do was grasp at a "Tea Party" straw... And got bit in the ass for their mindless zealotry:

Colorado Shooting: ABC’s Brian Ross Gets Story Wrong, ‘Morning Joe’ Forgoes Shooting for Politics - TVNewser (http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/colorado-shooting-abcs-brian-ross-gets-story-wrong-morning-joe-forgoes-shooting-for-politics_b138500)

Colorado Shooting: ABC’s Brian Ross Gets Story Wrong, ‘Morning Joe’ Forgoes Shooting for Politics
By Alex Weprin on July 20, 2012 11:48 AM

Breaking news events are chaotic affairs, often riddled with mistakes and misinformation as reporters sift through what happened to get at the truth. That said, there were some moments of TV news coverage that caught the attention of viewers this morning… in a very bad way.

On ABC’s “Good Morning America” chief investigative correspondent Brian Ross clumsily attempted to connect the shooter to a local Tea Party group in Colorado. Ross said that the was a “Jim Holmes” mentioned on a local Tea Party website, though he added “we don’t know if this is the same Jim Holmes.” It was not the same person, and Ross had to retract his earlier report on-air during a special report. It is unclear why Ross felt that he had enough to go with the connection on-air.

“An earlier report that I had was incorrect that he was connected with the Tea Party in fact that’s a different Jim Holmes. He was not connected to the Tea Party and what we do know about him is he is a 24 year old white male who went to Colorado for a PHD.”

ABC added a statement to the top of the story online: “An earlier ABC News broadcast report suggested that a Jim Holmes of a Colorado Tea Party organization might be the suspect, but that report was incorrect. ABC News and Brian Ross apologize for the mistake, and for disseminating that information before it was properly vetted.”Yeah, mother fuckers. But the damage was done, right?

The real Jim Holmes ought to SUE your asses off.

Little-Acorn
07-20-2012, 11:03 AM
Whenever something like this happens, we always go through the usual "Oh my, why did he do it, what caused him to do it, what could we have done to prevent this" litany. Every time. I suppose it's only natural to think those things after some horrible tragedy like this.

But wondering what we could have done to prevent it, doesn't mean there WAS anything we could have done.

Seeing this thread just now, was the first I've heard of this event, and I know nothing about it except what's in the posts preceding this one.

But I can probably predict how things will go - since they have gone this way for every other mass murder like this.

The shooter's motives will be analyzed... and it will be found that he didn't really have any "normal" motives. He didn't hate the thirty or forty people he shot. He didn't even know most of them, perhaps didn't know any of them at all.

It will be found that he was a loner who was unhappy and a little weird, but not obviously homicidal. And/or his girlfriend jilted him last week. Or that he got a reprimand on his job. Or got a speeding ticket in his car. Or that he just got back from Iraq where he was greatly stressed. Or that his parents he was living with (if he was) suggested that he get off his duff and get a job. Or he got up two mornings ago, saw a green tree with a red bird in it, and decided from that to go and kill a bunch of people. Or some other thing happened that people can point to as the "trigger" that set him off.

And nobody, but nobody, will point out the fact that the thing that "set him off", is something that happens to various people every day, by the thousands or millions across this country... and none of THEM got a gun and started blasting away at everyone in sight. Not even the loners who were unhappy and a little weird... of which there are lots, in this country of 300 million people.

Why did he do it? Because there was something broken inside his head.

Not something that caused him to lurch around, drooling and babbling and slapping himself. But something that remained pretty much hidden, until a "stimulus" that hundreds of thousands of people get every day, happened to him this time. And the broken thing inside his head caused him to react very differently from the way everyone else has reacted over the eons.

What could have we done to prevent it? Not a damned thing. Because we don't have a "broken thing detector". Nothing else could have foretold that he would do this.

Even if we did have a "broken thing detector", it would probably register on 10% of the population, or more... the vast majority of whom will still never shoot anybody. What we don't know about the inner workings of the brain, would fill books, volumes, encyclopedia sets... if we knew enough about it to write them, which we don't. The "psychologists" we will see on TV for the next several weeks, are completely ignorant of what was wrong with this guy... and the honest ones will tell you that straight out. But those aren't the ones who will be on TV.

Well, that's what will happen over the next weeks. And a few people will say that if we make some laws about certain things, we will have "done something about it"... with no particular reason to think they will have any actual effect on the next guy with a broken thing inside his head.

Here we go again. As we did last time, and the time before that, and the time before that.

Useful result: ZERO. Just like last time, etc.

gabosaurus
07-20-2012, 11:29 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ekDeWRN9dZc/TVKDJ62QXTI/AAAAAAAAAQU/xyHaAUY4yHE/s420/1stum+just+going+to+safeway.jpg

Mr. P
07-20-2012, 11:32 AM
The TSA (theater security agency) should screen every customer for weapons and illegal snacks!

Dilloduck
07-20-2012, 11:35 AM
The TSA (theater security agency) should screen every customer for weapons and illegal snacks!

Bet you anything they sell GIANT drinks there FULL of sugar.

logroller
07-20-2012, 11:36 AM
Yeah that-- or, lock the exit door so it can't be opened from the outside.

Little-Acorn
07-20-2012, 11:43 AM
From reports, it sounds like lots of people across the country, came to this movie in costume. Some are dressed as Batman, some dressed as Bane the villain, etc. (Ever been to a Rocky Horror Picture Show matinee?) This guy was apparently dressed as Bane the villain, so nobody was particularly worried that he was carrying scary-looking things kinda like weapons. Maybe lots of people had such things. Only soon they found out this guy's weapons weren't kinda.

Will we now have new regulations that everyone entering a movie theater, gets a TSA-style screening? Including those going to see Bambi? If so, that'll probably spell the end of family movie night.

Planning an airline flight, and everything you do in connection with it, is a lot more involved and important than going to see Kung Fu Panda II with your kid. What we will put up with to go through with the airline flight, is a lot more than what we will put up with to get an hour of light entertainment on a summer's evening.

Bye-bye to a great American tradition. Because of what one guy did, one time, out of a hundred years of moviegoing in how many theaters across the planet.

Because we "had to do something about it".

logroller
07-20-2012, 11:54 AM
So you know how toy guns must have an orange tip, indicating they are just toys; what's to keep someone from spray painting a real gun's tip orange?

Thunderknuckles
07-20-2012, 12:22 PM
So you know how toy guns must have an orange tip, indicating they are just toys; what's to keep someone from spray painting a real gun's tip orange?
Ban toy guns too :p

red state
07-20-2012, 01:21 PM

It already has, my friend, this guy (in my racist opinion) is obviously a lefty from CA with a real problem and a possible vendeta towards military men and women who were viewing the SPECIAL sneak peek. I don't know who did the selecting or if this was even a special showing for special folks such as our military heroes but, if so, the authorities need to first look at who would have access to such a distinguished list.

The guy certainly LOOKS like a lil' libbie loser lemming....of course, I need to simmer down and stop being so bigoted towards other people's outside apperarance. But seriously though, doesn't he look more like an 'occupier' than a 'Tea Party-er'?! He looks like he's taking a DUMP in the photo I saw so he is probably so stoned that he thinks hes out on the street dumping on a cop car. From the photos of earlier years, it appears that he stayed HIGH. Check this out: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/07/20/james-holmes-first-picture-aurora-batman-shooting-suspect-revealed-pictures_n_1689811.html

It also appears that this is a leftist-radical attack on Christians....there certainly seems to be a great deal of folks praying at the scene (without prayer rugs or facing Meca). The terrorists was either focusing on our military, Christians or AMERICA in general.

The college DROP-OUT's mother said:
A San Diego woman [Arlene Holmes] who was contacted by ABC News told reporters she was Holmes’ mother. She said had awoken unaware of the shooting and had not yet been contacted by authorities, but immediately expressed concern to ABC that her son may have been involved.

“You have the right person,” she said. “I need to call the police . . . I need to fly out to Colorado.” She knew something was wrong with her lil' darling yet allowed whatever problem to continue!

I may be wrong BUT I was RIGHT on the other thingy...I'd bet a week long ban with anyone that he's a lil' libbie loser!!!!

red state
07-20-2012, 01:26 PM
I'd bet he's not a Right-Wing-Radical just as much as I'd bet that the drop-0ut from liberal California wouldn't have made it 10 yards had an armed citizen been there. One guy at the front where this loser busted in and began firing, explained that when he saw the canister and the guy begin to shoot into the air, he knew that "...this was fro real." He then continued to tell how he ducked on the floor (just 5 steps away) as hot shell casings burned his head as the shooter shot folks around him. WOW! I may have been killed, but I would have had to pull mine out of my cowboy boot and sent one under the creeps small rib!!!! I'm not the best shot in the world with my eyes going bad BUT I just about guarantee good results at that range!!!

Kathianne
07-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Police arrived within 1 minute of calls to 911. This may be one of the few times that 'someone else being armed, probably wouldn't have made a difference.'

The movie had started, theater dark and:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/71-shot-colorado-movie-theater-shooting-suspect-arrested-181201285.html

...He did not put up a struggle. Holmes, who had just withdrawn from a neuroscience Ph.D program at the University of Colorado-Denver last month, was dressed in head-to-toe ballistic gear, including a helmet, vest, leggings, and a groin protector. He was also wearing a gas mask. Oates wouldn't speculate on a motive...

aboutime
07-20-2012, 01:33 PM
And of course the first thing these media sumbitches wanted to do was grasp at a "Tea Party" straw... And got bit in the ass for their mindless zealotry:

Yeah, mother fuckers. But the damage was done, right?

The real Jim Holmes ought to SUE your asses off.

We all know how protective the Former Clinton Defender Channels like CNN, ABC,CBS, NBC and PBS MUST BE..to always Go the Obama way, and BLAME someone else. NO MATTER WHAT. Then...of course. Apologize, or rather. Pretend to Apologize to get them off the hook. Much like an Arsonist....blaming someone else for leaving matches laying around as he watches the Apartment building, and the homes of 80 families go up in smoke.

red state
07-20-2012, 01:42 PM
As usual, great posts Little Acorn. I thoroughly enjoy reading what you have to say. I agree 110% and as the wise ole saying from one of our Wise Ole Racist Founding Fathers once said: "Those who sacrifice FREEDOM for security, deserve NEITHER." If they do impliment a TSA type screening, you'll see tickets go up cuz many will NOT have their rights trampled on. I for one will certainly stay at honme and Netflix-it. It is too bad that a Tea Party "toater" wasn't there to dispatch the problem before any loss of 'valuable' life. I just wonder what the media would report then. They ceratainly wouldn't report that Tea Party Member saves the day by putting down radical leftists.

Below is a lil' story that I heard a number of years ago. It applies quite well in this point:

A Harley biker:

A Harley biker is riding by the zoo in Washington, DC when
he sees a little girl leaning into the lion's cage.

Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the cuff of her jacket and
tries to pull her inside to slaughter her, under the eyes of her
screaming parents.

The biker jumps off his Harley, runs to the cage and hits the
lion square on the nose with a powerful punch. Whimpering
from the pain the lion jumps back letting go of the girl, and
the biker brings her to her terrified parents, who thank him
endlessly.

A reporter has watched the whole event. The reporter
addressing the Harley rider says, 'Sir, this was the most
gallant and brave thing I've seen a man do in my whole
life.'

The Harley rider replies, 'Why, it was nothing, really, the
lion was behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger
and acted as I felt right.'

The reporter says, 'Well, I'll make sure this won't go
unnoticed. I'm a journalist, and tomorrow's paper will
have this story on the front page.

So, what do you do for a living and what political
affiliation do you have?'

The biker replies, 'I'm a U.S. Marine and a Republican.'

The journalist leaves.

The following morning the biker buys the paper to see
news of his actions, and reads, on the front page:

“U.S. MARINE ASSAULTS AFRICAN

IMMIGRANT AND STEALS HIS LUNCH”

That pretty much sums up the media's
approach to the news THEN...as well as NOW!!!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________Little Acorn Wrote:

From reports, it sounds like lots of people across the country, came to this movie in costume. Some are dressed as Batman, some dressed as Bane the villain, etc. (Ever been to a Rocky Horror Picture Show matinee?) This guy was apparently dressed as Bane the villain, so nobody was particularly worried that he was carrying scary-looking things kinda like weapons. Maybe lots of people had such things. Only soon they found out this guy's weapons weren't kinda.

Will we now have new regulations that everyone entering a movie theater, gets a TSA-style screening? Including those going to see Bambi? If so, that'll probably spell the end of family movie night.

Planning an airline flight, and everything you do in connection with it, is a lot more involved and important than going to see Kung Fu Panda II with your kid. What we will put up with to go through with the airline flight, is a lot more than what we will put up with to get an hour of light entertainment on a summer's evening.

Bye-bye to a great American tradition. Because of what one guy did, one time, out of a hundred years of moviegoing in how many theaters across the planet.

Because we "had to do something about it".

red state
07-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Would you be willing to bet your life on a minute of waiting for police or the guy who is within steps and feeling HOT shell casings burn him as they disperse and KILL? This is hypothetical of course cuz the guy who got burned, unfortunately, had nothing to return the burning sensation that he was feeling. Dark? Is that a pun? Is that a serious draw back with one who is on the floor and able to shoot up at a creep that is practically withing an arm's length away and is marked by the barrel flashes of his gun?! I know it didn't pan out well for those heroes on 911 who stormed the cockpit but they certainly saved lives and within a MINUTE's time, many could have been shot and killed!!! Yeah, I'll take 30 seconds of my own reaction before or while I wait on the cops.

Police arrived within 1 minute of calls to 911. This may be one of the few times that 'someone else being armed, probably wouldn't have made a difference.'

The movie had started, theater dark and:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/71-shot-colorado-movie-theater-shooting-suspect-arrested-181201285.html

Kathianne
07-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Would you be willing to bet your life on a minute of waiting for police or the guy who is within steps and feeling HOT shell casings burn him as they disperse and KILL? This is hypothetical of course cuz the guy who got burned, unfortunately, had nothing to return the burning sensation that he was feeling. Dark? Is that a pun? Is that a serious draw back with one who is on the floor and able to shoot up at a creep that is practically withing an arm's length away and is marked by the barrel flashes of his gun?! I know it didn't pan out well for those heroes on 911 who stormed the cockpit but they certainly saved lives and within a MINUTE's time, many could have been shot and killed!!! Yeah, I'll take 30 seconds of my own reaction before or while I wait on the cops.

I respect your right to post what you wish, without hesitation. Your ability though to ignore the basics of what others post, just replying with hyperbole doesn't make them interesting to read. That you do so in an annoying color, usually reserved for highlighting or a staff's warnings, doesn't add to a thing.

red state
07-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Look, Kathianne, if that amount of time save ONE (1) life by an legal, honorable and armed patriot reacting BEFORE the police got there....I'll take cherish that one life and feel that I'd saved the tax payers a great deal of money and the families of the victims a great deal of continued torture that a lengthy trial is bound to give them. They deserve better and the shooter deserved a prompt reaction of less than a minute. If you factor in the "shock and awe" of the situation, the time to dial a number (while ducking or wondering if this is real) and then the time for the dispatcher to know where it is and what's going on before dispatching a car, a lot more than one minute passed I'll assure you. Now, I'll believe that the cops got there in a minute IF & AFTER they had gone through the process that I decribed but a minute is a LONG, Long, long time to be under fire....just ask anyone who has served in the heat of a battlefield or been under attack. The guy probably had two or three shot in less than five seconds and a fairly well trained individual who may have been armed in the theater could have reacted in 3 seconds (more or less). I'm older now but I can't see reacting in less than 10 seconds for sure. Are you OK with the loss after taking a FULL minute?! I hope not cuz I hold you to a higher standard than that of a DUD.

red state
07-20-2012, 02:09 PM
I respect your right to post what you wish, without hesitation. Your ability though to ignore the basics of what others post, just replying with hyperbole doesn't make them interesting to read. That you do so in an annoying color, usually reserved for highlighting or a staff's warnings, doesn't add to a thing.

As I respect your right to post stupidly without any regard for what I wrote as anything other than SANE. I doubt you even read what I responded to but, then again, it was probably over your head or a willful choice to ignore what you know makes perfect sense. As for your comment about my COLOUR or my ability to post interestingly, I have many who publicly provide THANKs and PM's regarding my posts. Perhaps it is simply the TRUTH or common sense that you find annoying.

red state
07-20-2012, 02:12 PM
If you like, we can ask for a vote of those participating on who's ideals are SOUND....and if my colour offends anyone. Can we do that here? I'm not the least bit frightened of the outcome if such a thing is possible. Cast your votes guys! I'll respect the majority but not a single, sore loser.

red state
07-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by Kathianne
That's a strong possibility. You manage to get your point and your opinion of these folks across without gross use of pejoratives. That's how it's done.

Watch out folks...the thread NAZIS are in full force! Look, I'll post when, where and how I like (so long as I'm asked by someone of intelligence to do otherwise). Got it?!

aboutime
07-20-2012, 02:21 PM
If you like, we can ask for a vote of those participating on who's ideals are SOUND....and if my colour offends anyone. Can we do that here? I'm not the least bit frightened of the outcome if such a thing is possible. Cast your votes guys! I'll respect the majority but not a single, sore loser.

Anyone ever noticed how the reporters NEVER ask the Dead victims any questions?

If there had been....(all WHAT IF'S) someone in that theater last night with a sidearm. Would there be as many dead victims?

NOBODY KNOWS. But I sure would find myself hoping....if I was there seeing, and hearing the shots, that someone....anyone DID have their own weapon, and took out that Holmes fella. LICKITY-SPLIT.

Kathianne
07-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Thread Nazi? Hardly. Want the board to reflect the intelligence of the posters, without projecting unreasonable animus? Yea.

You are free though, as dmp said earlier, to post whatever and however you like.

red state
07-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Thread Nazi? Hardly. Want the board to reflect the intelligence of the posters, without projecting unreasonable animus? Yea.

You are free though, as dmp said earlier, to post whatever and however you like.

Then shut up and quit being so annoyingly redundant....good GRIEF!!!

logroller
07-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Then shut up and quit being so annoyingly redundant....good GRIEF!!!
Project much? See my sig.

Little-Acorn
07-20-2012, 02:43 PM
Then shut up and quit being so annoyingly redundant....good GRIEF!!

rs...

Kathianne isn't the one being annoying and redundant.

Get it?

red state
07-20-2012, 02:44 PM
Anyone ever noticed how the reporters NEVER ask the Dead victims any questions?

If there had been....(all WHAT IF'S) someone in that theater last night with a sidearm. Would there be as many dead victims?

NOBODY KNOWS. But I sure would find myself hoping....if I was there seeing, and hearing the shots, that someone....anyone DID have their own weapon, and took out that Holmes fella. LICKITY-SPLIT.

Sound wisdom in those words old man! HA!!! I'd certainly pray to GOD that someone had a gun to take this guy out if I or my little girls were there and we were one of the few and/or many who bought a bullet within that 55 sec mark. Wow! Can you believe someone actually being content with a minute's response from the police as you look your daughters in the eyes for the last time?! Amazing...these liberals. As usual, my respect level went out the door on 'this one'. I thought I (originally) conducted myself rather respectfully. Of course I went off...as usual BUT not before an inappropriate response to my civil responses. Oh well, good riddance says I...it's good to have GREAT friends to depend on in a crisis, such as the theater incident, or simply within a thread.

gabosaurus
07-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Tyr, redstate and aboutime/RSR disappoint me. They haven't found a way to blame the movie theater shooting on Obama or Muslims yet.

And...Kathianne as a "thread Nazi?" Seriously? Kathianne is one of the most calm and rational people on this board. Though I can see how that would bother the radical contingent who believes that everything they post is sacred.

I talk shit to Kathianne sometimes, but I do appreciate her calling me out on my shit. Because you have to cross a line before she reacts.

Damn, I really miss Abbey. :(

red state
07-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Because you have to cross a line before she reacts

Yeah...like disagreeing with her or pointing out the threat that a VERY lengthy minute can impose on those facing a mad man who has killed one or two and likely killed two or three more within that very lengthy minute. I understand the "crossing of lines" all too well after dealing with liberals all these years.

red state
07-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Tyr, redstate and aboutime/RSR disappoint me. They haven't found a way to blame the movie theater shooting on Obama or Muslims yet.

And...Kathianne as a "thread Nazi?" Seriously? Kathianne is one of the most calm and rational people on this board. Though I can see how that would bother the radical contingent who believes that everything they post is sacred.

I talk shit to Kathianne sometimes, but I do appreciate her calling me out on my shit. Because you have to cross a line before she reacts.

Damn, I really miss Abbey. :(

What happened to Abbey?

And for the record, Gagasoreass, to disappoint you is of the highest compliment one can achieve after reading your many, many, many posts. Judge me not by my friends but judge me well by whom I have as enemies.

gabosaurus
07-20-2012, 05:11 PM
Judge me not by my friends but judge me well by whom I have as enemies.

I know what kind of friends you have. Like the guy with the guns out at the Dark Knight showing in Aurora. Right wing gun enthusiast, grudge against society, closet psychopath. Yep, that's your type.

Thunderknuckles
07-20-2012, 05:23 PM
I know what kind of friends you have. Like the guy with the guns out at the Dark Knight showing in Aurora. Right wing gun enthusiast, grudge against society, closet psychopath. Yep, that's your type.
Do you engage in some sort of substance abuse during an impending weekend?
Sometimes you make a decent argument then BAM, insane hyperbole branding members of this board as psycho-killer sympathizers.

I'm not even shocked by it anymore. I just start laughing when you do it.

I'm gonna have to keep better track of your posting.
There has to be a pattern here.

red state
07-20-2012, 05:30 PM

I believe you are delusional...had there been a Right Wind Gun enthusiast at the Dark Knight showing in Aurora, the lil' libbie loser lemming who dropped out of college to shoot all those Christian people would have been shot dead on the site by a Right Wing Patriot....with fewer (if ANY) innocent folks being killed. If the guy tilted to the right, he was certainly a minority (CA) but I suspect that he simply "leaned" most of the time judging by his photos. Gotta love that legal pot thing they have going on near or within the left coast!!!

Wow! your point of view is WAY off the charts here...just as when the guy who plowed his plane into the IRS building a couple years ago wasn't conservative and the guy during the holidays of '09 or '10 wasn't a Right Winger and this guy wasn't a Tea Party member as your outstanding press jumped on this morning and apologized for being JUNK JOURNALISTs. Change the channel you're watching, get help or get off the same meds that the shooter appeared to be on. Get off of them QUICKLY!

red state
07-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Yeah...a pattern of utter stupidity!

Missileman
07-20-2012, 05:35 PM

I had no idea you're a psychic! Send me a PM with the next powerball numbers would ya?

red state
07-20-2012, 05:57 PM
You know, I was gonna live and let live but I have to get something off of my chest before heading out to the movies.

Gabbysoreass, Let me tell you what 'type' I and my friends are. We're the extreme opposite of you and the likes of you. We're the type that would help someone like you and possibly take a bullet for ilk like you! We'd do this (even if we didn't like you...and we DON'T) cuz you're the type that would file a whiplash lawsuit for helping drag you out of a burning car or from the path of a bullet. We serve or have served our country by fighting over seas or simply standing up for what America has always stood for...even if such duties calls for serving or saving the likes of you.

Go smoke that in your crack-pipe cuz that it the type you are. A slothful bunch who expects everyone to either pay their way or bail them out of trouble. A sad lot you are and to label ANY patriot with the lies you spew is an outrage!

gabosaurus
07-20-2012, 06:32 PM
A sad lot you are and to label ANY patriot with the lies you spew is an outrage!

You might be deluded into thinking you are a "patriot." Then again, those Muslim extremists who kill themselves over religious beliefs view themselves as "patriots" as well. Not to mention the Nazis who fought for Hitler.
Oh, and that guy in Norway who killed close to a 100 people recently? He viewed himself as a "patriot." Wanted to defend his country against minorities who he felt were "invading." Now THAT sounds more like you.

You know, I was gonna live and let live but I have to get something off of my chest before heading out to the movies.

I hope they search you for weapons before you go in.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-20-2012, 07:15 PM
You might be deluded into thinking you are a "patriot." Then again, those Muslim extremists who kill themselves over religious beliefs view themselves as "patriots" as well. Not to mention the Nazis who fought for Hitler.
Oh, and that guy in Norway who killed close to a 100 people recently? He viewed himself as a "patriot." Wanted to defend his country against minorities who he felt were "invading." Now THAT sounds more like you.

As usual you view a true American patriot to be an insane individual. Thats your usual warped sense of reality. Not a single person that deliberately murders innocent people to further their chosen faith/agenda is sane!
No , the muslim extremsts do not do so as patriots. They do so out of religious convictions (as true believrs in Islam), which is not patriotism. Your usual level of comprehension is right there at about a ten year old child's level.
You wouldnt be fit to polish my friend redstate's shoes on your best day of the year! -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-20-2012, 07:32 PM

It is my understanding that applies to all of us. How dull would it be if we all post in the exact same way? Some think 1. prim and proper is the only way to go. Others think 2. post with passion and sincerity holding nothing back. Still others 3. think the PC route is the way to go. And some 4. even believe that posting anything, any lie and any method to win is the way to go!
Myself, I go with number 2 and let the negatives roll off me like water off a ducks back.
I have no problem with your posting the way that you do and would expect the same respect back from you.
Should you care to give it , the decision is entirely yours to make. If my passion sometimes overcomes my civility so be it ! I am not here to try to prove myself some far superior being my friend. I am just a country boy that has lived a wild life and unexpectantly has lived longer than I ever thought possible. I'm not the brightest(never ever claimed to be) but one thing is for sure I post honestly and always try to post the truth. Redstate does the same in my opinion.
We all have to be true to ourselves, me I've never been good at doing otherwise!
If total honesty fails as a measure of good posting then I guess Im a failure! So be it...-Tyr

Missileman
07-20-2012, 07:35 PM

You are confusing patriot and zealot. Yes, they both end in "ot" but I'm going to assume that you actually understand the difference and are trying to equate the two just to be a dink.

Anton Chigurh
07-20-2012, 08:16 PM
http://usmessageboards.com/myimagehost/?di=LMOD

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-20-2012, 08:26 PM
[QUOTE=gabosaurus;567056]Tyr, redstate and aboutime/RSR disappoint me. They haven't found a way to blame the movie theater shooting on Obama or Muslims yet.

We havent tried, did that disappoint you too much?:laugh: -Tyr

Yep, we've seen just how much you have appreciated her when she has scalded your sorry azz.-:laugh2: Good grief , how could you type that and think that anybody here would believe it!-Tyr

revelarts
07-20-2012, 09:09 PM
This is Probably unrelated, but it is disturbingly similar.
A page from one of batman's well known graphic novels, the Dark Night Returns

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/arnold-crimp-dark-knight-shooting.jpg

Shadow
07-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Streaming FOX now...SO SICK of the 'analysis' of their talking heads. So full of crap

Me too. They all say the same thing over and over trying to lead people down the path of public opinion. I stopped watching those shows years ago for that reason.

Yeah, he didn't even mention gun control. But we can bet it's gonna come up soon in the media.

First thing I thought of when I read about this tragedy.

It is my understanding that applies to all of us. How dull would it be if we all post in the exact same way? Some think 1. prim and proper is the only way to go. Others think 2. post with passion and sincerity holding nothing back. Still others 3. think the PC route is the way to go. And some 4. even believe that posting anything, any lie and any method to win is the way to go!
Myself, I go with number 2 and let the negatives roll off me like water off a ducks back.
I have no problem with your posting the way that you do and would expect the same respect back from you.
Should you care to give it , the decision is entirely yours to make. If my passion sometimes overcomes my civility so be it ! I am not here to try to prove myself some far superior being my friend. I am just a country boy that has lived a wild life and unexpectantly has lived longer than I ever thought possible. I'm not the brightest(never ever claimed to be) but one thing is for sure I post honestly and always try to post the truth. Redstate does the same in my opinion.
We all have to be true to ourselves, me I've never been good at doing otherwise!
If total honesty fails as a measure of good posting then I guess Im a failure! So be it...-Tyr

I learned a long time ago that peeps on MB's usually want you to adhere to the pack rules (not always... but generally). 1...that usually means a fair amount of "ass kissing"... and sorry... no can do. I have never kissed ass...wont start now. 2...you are usually damned if you do...damned if you don't...so just do whatever the hell comes naturally and screw em ;)

grannyhawkins
07-20-2012, 10:21 PM
[QUOTE=revelarts;567126]This is Probably unrelated, but it is disturbingly similar.

Thanks for the comic page. Dang it's been along time since I've read much more than than the Sunday comics. Although I grew up with all of them comics, with Spiderman and the Green Goblin always bein one of my favorites. I just don't see a comic book, or violent video games as the source of the problem anymore than I would blame the Bible or the Qur'an for this problem. There's just somethin goin on in the psyche of these sick individuals, that just ain't right. If I was to blame anythin I would blame us as a society for deviating from natures, natural course of events, as it pertains to survival of the fittest. This may sound cruel, but we have gotten soft and this has allowed the weak, in body and soul to reproduce, thus weakening the herd.

Dilloduck
07-20-2012, 10:25 PM
Hey gabs--You gonna give the white boy credit for not profiling or hating his victims ? He may get off with a lighter sentence than Zimmerman because his emotions were removed from his actions.

Anton Chigurh
07-20-2012, 10:38 PM
http://usmessageboards.com/myimagehost/?di=7U36

Kathianne
07-20-2012, 10:45 PM
I had no idea you're a psychic! Send me a PM with the next powerball numbers would ya?

Ok, she might have gone a tad overboard here. ;)

Kathianne
07-20-2012, 10:52 PM

I've been posting for nearly a decade on messageboards, before that just in groups of associations. Lack of passion is not one of the things I've ever been accused of. Ask anyone about my temper, trust me, I don't like to see it! LOL!

I am passionate on many topics, I just like to deal with rational, reasonable people, so that there may be dialogue. I'm not out to insult folks, though if you'll note my posts regarding Islamacists, they aren't pc, they just avoid accusations of hating by prejudging. I may hate for specific acts and words.

One of you have been referring to the Coptics, if you were to do a search here you'd find that I've posted plenty of passionate and angry posts about their treatment, going back years.

gabosaurus
07-20-2012, 11:54 PM
Ok, she might have gone a tad overboard here. ;)

Ya think so? :2up:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lk9uiUvPBmw/Sa_lPIy0e5I/AAAAAAAAAkA/SGWq5CcyJLU/s400/SS.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-21-2012, 10:00 AM
Me too. They all say the same thing over and over trying to lead people down the path of public opinion. I stopped watching those shows years ago for that reason.

First thing I thought of when I read about this tragedy.

[QUOTE=Tyr-Ziu Saxnot;567110]

I learned a long time ago that peeps on MB's usually want you to adhere to the pack rules (not always... but generally). 1...that usually means a fair amount of "ass kissing"... and sorry... no can do. I have never kissed ass...wont start now. 2...you are usually damned if you do...damned if you don't...so just do whatever the hell comes naturally and screw em ;)

Thank you. Looks like we are in perfect agreement. Just be yourself and let the chips fall where they may. Doesnt make one popular but sure does allow for a person to stand by their principles. If I were a scientist I'd want to adhere to the cold, hard , detached and fact only path. However message boards are not data collection centers . They are for exspressing opinions and with that comes emotion and yes even a healthy does of bias. I am favorably biased towards America ,its Rule of Law and our Constitution. Somehow , I think that a good bias to have myself. I am biased against those that seek to destroy that ! Somehow , I think that a good bias to have as well. Nobody is perfectly neutral on all subjects. Its an impossibility IMHO.. Had I let slip with an insulting term about people from Poland, Ireland or Russia I doubt I would have been advised to just simmer down. Because my comment was about a particular group that most often are of a particular faith I was advised to just coooool it.
I think I'll just take number 2 my friend...:beer:-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-21-2012, 11:25 AM
[QUOTE=Tyr-Ziu Saxnot;567110]

I've been posting for nearly a decade on messageboards, before that just in groups of associations. Lack of passion is not one of the things I've ever been accused of. Ask anyone about my temper, trust me, I don't like to see it! LOL!

I am passionate on many topics, I just like to deal with rational, reasonable people, so that there may be dialogue. I'm not out to insult folks, though if you'll note my posts regarding Islamacists, they aren't pc, they just avoid accusations of hating by prejudging. I may hate for specific acts and words.

One of you have been referring to the Coptics, if you were to do a search here you'd find that I've posted plenty of passionate and angry posts about their treatment, going back years.

My friend, I made no protestations against your method of posting at all. Indeed , as I have previously stated that it was fine by me. I expect people to voice their opinions how they choose to do so. Be it with more or less passion, more or less detached analysis etc. You and about 20 more here I read every post I can find and appreciate the facts and opinions that are often so clearly given. I would hope for the same but certainly make no demands myself.
I chill, you chill, we all chill and lets have a coooooool time here. After all, this site has the best allowance for free speech of any that I've found !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!-Tyr

jimnyc
07-21-2012, 12:43 PM
I heard a report that he took 100mg of Vicodin about 2 hrs prior. Sounds like he planned it anyway, but 100mg would make an elephant high! And why would a nutjob like this not want to die like most other scumbag murderers? Why go through all of that to ultimately sit in prison for at least 10 years and die anyway? I'll be very curious to hear this guys line of thinking.

Trinity
07-21-2012, 06:55 PM
I heard a report that he took 100mg of Vicodin about 2 hrs prior. Sounds like he planned it anyway, but 100mg would make an elephant high! And why would a nutjob like this not want to die like most other scumbag murderers? Why go through all of that to ultimately sit in prison for at least 10 years and die anyway? I'll be very curious to hear this guys line of thinking.

This is purely speculation... but...considering he was unable to find employment, and enrolled in college again, to get his PHD in neuroscience...maybe he was feeling the pressure of what his student loan payments would be by the time he was finished, and decided since his chances of getting a job were slim, with the unemployment rates the way they are and things aren't looking up.....this way he could guarantee himself free room and board for the next 20 years with no student loan payments....just sayin :cool:

red state
07-21-2012, 10:45 PM
You may, very well, have something there, Granny! Thanks! Too much reproducing over there on the Left/CESS Coast...and we'll probably have to pay for it (one way or another).

[QUOTE=revelarts;567126]This is Probably unrelated, but it is disturbingly similar.

Thanks for the comic page. Dang it's been along time since I've read much more than than the Sunday comics. Although I grew up with all of them comics, with Spiderman and the Green Goblin always bein one of my favorites. I just don't see a comic book, or violent video games as the source of the problem anymore than I would blame the Bible or the Qur'an for this problem. There's just somethin goin on in the psyche of these sick individuals, that just ain't right. If I was to blame anythin I would blame us as a society for deviating from natures, natural course of events, as it pertains to survival of the fittest. This may sound cruel, but we have gotten soft and this has allowed the weak, in body and soul to reproduce, thus weakening the herd.

gabosaurus
07-21-2012, 11:58 PM
The Aurora shooter perfectly fits the psychological profile for the average mass murderer. Most of them do not grow up as crazy people. They often come from comfortable, suburban backgrounds and were raised by good parents.
The Aurora shooter grew up in an upscale area of San Diego. He got a degree, but was unable to find work in his field. So he went back and got his masters degree. His undoing came when he found out that he wasn't quite the genius he thought he was. He was a loner who didn't fit in well with others. He inability to fit in probably cost him while applying for medical position. The shooter ended up working at McDonalds with people he considered not worthy of him. This is where his rage against others developed.
The typical mass murderer plans his crime to the smallest detail. He puts a lot of time and effort into it. You have to be pretty smart and cunning to pull that sort of thing off.
Look at his thought process. He picked a location where he knew a lot of people would be gathered. In a dark theater.
The Aurora shooter shared a condition with most mass murderers -- narcissism. Which explains why he gave up some easily. For these people, the world revolves around them. If they are denied their fame and fortune in a normal manner, then they will achieve it otherwise. I guarantee that the Aurora shooter is concerned about how many people he killed. He is thinking about how the entire world is now talking about him. Which is what he set out to achieve in the first place.

Kathianne
07-22-2012, 12:44 AM
The Aurora shooter perfectly fits the psychological profile for the average mass murderer. Most of them do not grow up as crazy people. They often come from comfortable, suburban backgrounds and were raised by good parents.
The Aurora shooter grew up in an upscale area of San Diego. He got a degree, but was unable to find work in his field. So he went back and got his masters degree. His undoing came when he found out that he wasn't quite the genius he thought he was. He was a loner who didn't fit in well with others. He inability to fit in probably cost him while applying for medical position. The shooter ended up working at McDonalds with people he considered not worthy of him. This is where his rage against others developed.
The typical mass murderer plans his crime to the smallest detail. He puts a lot of time and effort into it. You have to be pretty smart and cunning to pull that sort of thing off.
Look at his thought process. He picked a location where he knew a lot of people would be gathered. In a dark theater.
The Aurora shooter shared a condition with most mass murderers -- narcissism. Which explains why he gave up some easily. For these people, the world revolves around them. If they are denied their fame and fortune in a normal manner, then they will achieve it otherwise. I guarantee that the Aurora shooter is concerned about how many people he killed. He is thinking about how the entire world is now talking about him. Which is what he set out to achieve in the first place.

I'm not being a jerk, but this particular article just doesn't coincide with all other reports. It may be ahead of the curve, but I doubt it.

Some 'points' already brought out:

He was quiet. He was on both cross country and soccer teams in high school, yet fellow team mates remember little to nothing about him. Which means he skipped all the 'bonding activities' such as pasta dinner before meets for cross country. He was on the team, but not 'part of the team.'

He was top student at UC Riverside. He walked for his BS; didn't for MS, though he was #1.

Which begs the question, why did her pursue PhD on scholarship at CO instead of UC? Something happened.

Anton Chigurh
07-22-2012, 06:51 PM
First of all, his profile on a casual adult sex site was found:

http://usmessageboards.com/myimagehost/?di=XMVR

With the hair all dyed red.... And he had the question on his page, "Will you visit me in prison."

Which means he was already contemplating the act.

Is This Aurora Theater Shooter James Holmes’ AdultFriendFinder Account? | Mediaite (http://www.mediaite.com/online/is-this-aurora-shooter-james-holmes-adultfriendfinder-account/)

Once again, the left tries to claim a psycho killer is part of the Tea Party, once again, the truth reveals quite a different person.

Colorado theatre shooting suspect former Occupier in San Diego | Powerline News Network (http://www.powerlinenewsnetwork.com/?p=16998)

After doing some research, Florida private investigator Bill Warner discovered Holmes’ ties to Occupy San Diego. Warner reported his finding in his blog post, ‘Occupy Black Bloc Member James Holmes Shoots Up Aurora Co Movie Theater Killing 12 And Wounding 50.’

Discoveries of Holmes’ Occupy activities also call into question the accuracy of media reports claiming that Holmes’ only past offense is a traffic ticket. Holmes not only had connections to the San Diego Occupy movement, he was the subject of at least one photograph (shown here) being arrested at a San Diego Occupy protest.

http://usmessageboards.com/myimagehost/?di=D7GF

However, it didn’t take long for left-leaning pundits to try and connect Holmes to the Tea Party. Earlier today ABC News reporter Brian Ross speculated than another man named James Holmes listed on a local Tea Party site was possibly the suspected shooter.

Conservatives immediately lashed out at the report on ABC News and Ross for showing media bias so quickly. Some have called for Ross to be fired for his erroneous conclusion.

The author of the economics blog, Doo Doo Economics Blog, writes that Holmes was a member of the “black block” faction of the Occupy movement, but reportedly left the group because, ’It wasn’t radical enough.’ The blog post also includes screen shots from a site allegedly connected to Holmes who is reported to have written that, ‘He would kill everyone at the opening of the Batman movie in Colorado.’Wow. Whoda thunk it.

Anton Chigurh
07-26-2012, 11:43 AM
http://usmessageboards.com/myimagehost/?di=Q72T

revelarts
08-02-2012, 08:56 AM
and added to the confusion
some witnesses think he wasn't alone.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yzcE0V5jVJY?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jimnyc
08-02-2012, 10:49 AM
and added to the confusion
some witnesses think he wasn't alone.

I thought that from day one. I think someone helped him keep the side door open, so that when he went back to his vehicle to suit up and get his weapons, the door would definitely be available to him when he came through the back. I'm surprised, and could be wrong, that the theater wouldn't have some sort of CCTV at entrances.

Anton Chigurh
08-02-2012, 11:18 AM
I thought that from day one. I think someone helped him keep the side door open, so that when he went back to his vehicle to suit up and get his weapons, the door would definitely be available to him when he came through the back. I'm surprised, and could be wrong, that the theater wouldn't have some sort of CCTV at entrances.Police say he propped the door with a unidentified object.

There definitely should be video surveillance footage, but I haven't seen any "reporters" ask about it and the police haven't mentioned it.