PDA

View Full Version : High-level leftists already using Colo theater murders to demand more "gun control"

Little-Acorn
07-20-2012, 08:00 PM
It had to happen, though I'm surprised it started so quickly.

Though considering the desperation of liberals falling behind in more and more polls nationwide, with a major election coming, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised at their using everything, up to and including mass murders, to justify their increasingly unpopular agenda.

NYC Mayor Bloomberg demands Obama and Romney "do something about" Colorado shootings
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/07/20/bloomberg-challenges-obama-and-romney-on-gun-control-after-colorado-shooting

Brady anti-gun coalition demands more gun restrictions in wake of Colorado shootings
http://www.bradycampaign.org/

ABC "News" commentators blithely blame Tea Party for shootings with no attempt to verify connection
http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/20/abcs-brian-ross-suggests-tie-between-aurora-shooter-and-the-tea-party/

CNN Piers Morgan uses Colorado shootings to call for more govt restrictions on guns
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/07/20/CNN-Explots-Batman-Tragedy

Never mind that laws against gun ownership, only restrict the law-abiding.

Never mind that the areas with the strictest laws against guns, are the areas where gun crimes of all kinds stay at the highest levels year after year in spite of those laws.

Never mind the complete lack of any evidence showing that gun laws prevent criminals from using guns.

Is there anything these people won't do, any lie they won't tell, any tragedy they won't exploit, to push their tired, failed agenda?

I guess we need to remember the words of Barack Obama's then-Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanuel: "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste."

But couldn't they at least wait until the bodies have cooled?

sundaydriver
07-20-2012, 08:29 PM
Rather than relying on my emotions for usually wrong answers to questions such as these I looked up the figures for a more complete picture.

Most studies show gun deaths in the US are in areas of lower income, lower education levels, and......

We did find several factors that are associated with firearm deaths at the state level. On the economic front, gun violence was higher in states with lower average incomes. Similarly, gun violence was less likely in states with more college graduates and stronger knowledge-based economies. Gun violence was also higher in states that tend to vote Republican.

http://www.theatlanticcities.com/neighborhoods/2012/07/geography-gun-violence/2655/

Little-Acorn
07-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Rather than relying on my emotions for usually wrong answers to questions such as these I looked up the figures for a more complete picture.
Gun violence was also higher in states that tend to vote Republican.

Kudoes for looking up the stats.

Since we've shifted to the subject of which areas with higher "gun violence" (actually violence by people who used guns) voted for which party...

What did the stats tell you about where in each state, the "gun violence" was most concentrated? Large cities? Smaller cites? Rural areas? etc.?

And (you knew this was coming) which political party did those areas inside each state where "gun violence" was most concentrated, vote for?

I haven't looked up any statistics on this question. Can you fill me in?

sundaydriver
07-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Kudoes for looking up the stats.

Since we're on the subject of which areas with higher "gun violence" (actually violence by people who used guns) voted for which party...

What did the stats tell you about where in each state, the "gun violence" was most concentrated? Large cities? Smaller cites? Rural areas? etc.?

And (you knew this was coming) which political party did those areas inside each state where "gun violence" was most concentrated, vote for?

I haven't looked up any statistics on this question. Can you fill me in?

Off course I'll help out with what I can.

All statistics I saw were statewide per population not by area.

All showed lower income & lower education states had higher gun violence.

As of course my smartass answer to your smartass question is, of course no I didn't find any studies broken down by party affiliation.

Only a partisan hack would look for that only in order to blame the other political viewpoint than to follow to where the numbers lead as in the case of most gun violence broken down by state population is to the blue states.

Gaffer
07-21-2012, 12:17 PM
Interesting that lower education is mentioned when the shooter in this case was working on his PhD. The Virginia tech shooter was a college student as well. A nut case is a nut case no matter what the education.

Most gun violence occurs in big cities, and big cities are notorious for being liberal. They also contain large populations of blacks in specific areas with a lot of gang activity and drugs. Making laws against gun ownership won't affect any of this, it just disarms the law abiding citizens making it easier fot the thugs to expand their reign of terror beyond the black community.

Statistics are used to support whatever lie is being pushed at the time. They can be twisted and manipulated to present any fact you want.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Interesting that lower education is mentioned when the shooter in this case was working on his PhD. The Virginia tech shooter was a college student as well. A nut case is a nut case no matter what the education.

Most gun violence occurs in big cities, and big cities are notorious for being liberal. They also contain large populations of blacks in specific areas with a lot of gang activity and drugs. Making laws against gun ownership won't affect any of this, it just disarms the law abiding citizens making it easier fot the thugs to expand their reign of terror beyond the black community.

Statistics are used to support whatever lie is being pushed at the time. They can be twisted and manipulated to present any fact you want.

Bravo, well said, I agree completely...
In this internet world finding one source to validate a claim is easy peasy. It is a matter of taking the word of the author(s) (usually an unknown person or group) as if it automaticly has prestige and honor as a much acclaimed truthful entity. Add in that no poll questions were revealed so we have no way of judging how fairly the evidence was gathered or even how misrepresented it was when conclusions were made.
Myself, I'll go with my accumulated knowledge over 50 years, logic, common sense and yes research I've done on the subject that has embraced hundreds of sources. Prisons are full of black criminals and blacks are by no means known to be conservative as a group, in fact far from it! Yet blacks in inner cities are known for their high rate of gun violence! I doubt that the source cited is unbiased/fair and I justifiably choose to think it full of shat myself! --Tyr

aboutime
07-21-2012, 02:11 PM

Gaffer. Agreed. But how many of us know some Highly intelligent, College grads with all kinds of Degree's to brag about...yet they aren't smart enough to tie their shoes????

I learned, a very long time ago. What the Underlying Meaning of those 3 letters...PHD stand for.

And despite the years of training, and study. In the end PHD normally reasons out to be the dictionary definition of "Poor...Hungry...and Dumb".
I say this because I was once asked
"If Economics Professors are as smart as they want their students to Believe.
Why aren't they RICH, or WEALTHY enough to be retired, and living off of their Wealth, instead of getting Tenure in some College full of DEBT ridden, poor kids"?

Roo
07-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Rahm Emanuel: " Never let a good crisis go to waste."

Gator Monroe
07-22-2012, 09:20 PM
A second Zero (Obama) term as POTUS = AWB2 & California / Australia / UK / Israel style Firearms Restrictions comin to a State near you !

jafar00
07-22-2012, 09:37 PM
A few less shootings around the place would be a good thing. Don't use the excuse that an armed civilian population is the answer to crazed gunmen. The last thing you or the police need is a bunch of frightened civilians shooting in all directions when there is a serious massacre going on.

Gator Monroe
07-22-2012, 09:39 PM
One competant CCW holder near the Exit coulda stopped the Beginner Holmes

Nell's Room
07-22-2012, 09:57 PM

Most studies show gun deaths in the US are in areas of lower income, lower education levels, and......

We did find several factors that are associated with firearm deaths at the state level. On the economic front, gun violence was higher in states with lower average incomes. Similarly, gun violence was less likely in states with more college graduates and stronger knowledge-based economies. Gun violence was also higher in states that tend to vote Republican.

http://www.theatlanticcities.com/neighborhoods/2012/07/geography-gun-violence/2655/

None of that surprises me at all.

Gator Monroe
07-22-2012, 10:05 PM
California = Republican ? Chicago = Republican ?? Baltimore?? Camden New Jersey ?? Portland?? Detroit ??

07-23-2012, 01:02 AM
This is a surprise? it's their talking points when something like this happens.