PDA

View Full Version : Talking with people about guns

gabosaurus
07-21-2012, 10:37 PM
In the light of the Colorado theater tragedy, I decided to enlighten myself about guns and gun owners. My sister and I went to a discussion group led by a guy who said he wanted to "demystify the gun culture."
The host was not what I expected. He was an average size guy, in his mid-50's, who had been a gun enthusiast all his life. He was a hunter, a competitive skeet shooter and once owned a gun shop and shooting range. He spoke in a low, deliberate tone and explained things extremely well.
I was surprised at how many women were there, since I always considered weapons enthusiasts to be primarily male. But there were about 40 percent women and they all owned guns. Like my sister and I, they all knew how to shoot and had taken courses in gun safety.

The speaker started out introducing one of his closest friends. A short man who worked as a tax consultant. He had a wife, two adult children and a home in a really nice part of town. His wife breeded poodles and bichons and also did landscaping. They might come off as a totally wimpy couple until you saw pictures of his weapons collection -- well over 100 guns of all kinds. He wasn't a military veteran or an NRA member. Just an average guy with a large weapons collection.

Another speaker had a similar collection. Some of the largest, most destructive weapons I had ever seen. All of which were registered with law enforcement. He had no problem with registering guns. As long as he got to keep them. He (and a few others) registered their weapons primarily as an aid in case they are stolen.

One speaker wanted all of us to differentiate between gun owners and crazy people who own guns. For it is the latter who cause the trouble. He talked of the Aurora theater shooter, who bought his guns legally. He noted that the shooter bought guns at numerous locations, along with ammo. He talked about a tip off that was missed -- why is a man who has never handled guns or had an interest in them suddenly stockpiling weapons and ammo?

We agreed to disagree about background checks. To join the military, they do psychological profiles. If you want to join the police, they do the same along with a background check. Yes, you can kill someone with a knife, or a can opener, but not from 20 feet away. If someone has just been dumped from a long relationship, had a heated disagreement with someone or been fired from a job, they shouldn't have access to a weapon. If you have a long history of depression or instability, you shouldn't be able to buy a gun.
Yes, I know that violates the Second Amendment. But do you want that guy around your family?

I found tonight to be a huge eye opener in my view of gun rights. Who would have thought they would be normal people? :eek:

Anton Chigurh
07-21-2012, 10:47 PM
If guns were as commonly carried as camera phones, there would be alot fewer mass shootings and mass shooting victims. The mass shooter is essentially a coward, knowing fully well his targets are probably going to be defenseless.

Body armor and all, the Aurora shooter would most likely have RAN AWAY if he received any return fire.

More government isn't the answer to anything, ever.

Dilloduck
07-21-2012, 10:56 PM
In the light of the Colorado theater tragedy, I decided to enlighten myself about guns and gun owners. My sister and I went to a discussion group led by a guy who said he wanted to "demystify the gun culture."
The host was not what I expected. He was an average size guy, in his mid-50's, who had been a gun enthusiast all his life. He was a hunter, a competitive skeet shooter and once owned a gun shop and shooting range. He spoke in a low, deliberate tone and explained things extremely well.
I was surprised at how many women were there, since I always considered weapons enthusiasts to be primarily male. But there were about 40 percent women and they all owned guns. Like my sister and I, they all knew how to shoot and had taken courses in gun safety.

The speaker started out introducing one of his closest friends. A short man who worked as a tax consultant. He had a wife, two adult children and a home in a really nice part of town. His wife breeded poodles and bichons and also did landscaping. They might come off as a totally wimpy couple until you saw pictures of his weapons collection -- well over 100 guns of all kinds. He wasn't a military veteran or an NRA member. Just an average guy with a large weapons collection.

Another speaker had a similar collection. Some of the largest, most destructive weapons I had ever seen. All of which were registered with law enforcement. He had no problem with registering guns. As long as he got to keep them. He (and a few others) registered their weapons primarily as an aid in case they are stolen.

One speaker wanted all of us to differentiate between gun owners and crazy people who own guns. For it is the latter who cause the trouble. He talked of the Aurora theater shooter, who bought his guns legally. He noted that the shooter bought guns at numerous locations, along with ammo. He talked about a tip off that was missed -- why is a man who has never handled guns or had an interest in them suddenly stockpiling weapons and ammo?

We agreed to disagree about background checks. To join the military, they do psychological profiles. If you want to join the police, they do the same along with a background check. Yes, you can kill someone with a knife, or a can opener, but not from 20 feet away. If someone has just been dumped from a long relationship, had a heated disagreement with someone or been fired from a job, they shouldn't have access to a weapon. If you have a long history of depression or instability, you shouldn't be able to buy a gun.
Yes, I know that violates the Second Amendment. But do you want that guy around your family?

I found tonight to be a huge eye opener in my view of gun rights. Who would have thought they would be normal people? :eek:

Sane people with experience have always known that gun owners don't have flames shooting out of their ears. He's to hoping for more sane posts about guns from you now that you are experienced and everything.

gabosaurus
07-21-2012, 11:38 PM
Dillo, you are quite correct. If you dislike or fear a group of people, sometimes all you need to do is find out more about them. My sister's idea (of course) was to go in with a completely open mind and think as a student instead of an educator. Sometimes you need to meet the "enemy" in order to find they are no different than you are.

As to the shooter being a "coward," that couldn't be further from the truth. The Aurora shooter was a brilliant scholar with a twisted mind. Most mass murderers are. Look at his plan -- go into a dark movie theater, throw out tear gas to get people out of their seats and then pick them off as they try to flee. If someone else takes out a gun, they are more likely to harm a bystander than the shooter. Because the shooter has everything planned and the bystander does not.

In today's society, there is a lot of stress. The average working parent, or unemployed person seeking a job, is burdened with all sorts of worries. What if all of those people carried guns on them? Would it become the Wild West of the 1800s. where the slightest perceived transgression was answered with a bullet? If the counter guy at Burger King shorts you on change and then refuses to own up, do you shoot him? How about the driver who cuts you off in traffic? You are sane, but what about him?

Kathianne
07-22-2012, 12:55 AM
Dillo, you are quite correct. If you dislike or fear a group of people, sometimes all you need to do is find out more about them. My sister's idea (of course) was to go in with a completely open mind and think as a student instead of an educator. Sometimes you need to meet the "enemy" in order to find they are no different than you are.

As to the shooter being a "coward," that couldn't be further from the truth. The Aurora shooter was a brilliant scholar with a twisted mind. Most mass murderers are. Look at his plan -- go into a dark movie theater, throw out tear gas to get people out of their seats and then pick them off as they try to flee. If someone else takes out a gun, they are more likely to harm a bystander than the shooter. Because the shooter has everything planned and the bystander does not.

In today's society, there is a lot of stress. The average working parent, or unemployed person seeking a job, is burdened with all sorts of worries. What if all of those people carried guns on them? Would it become the Wild West of the 1800s. where the slightest perceived transgression was answered with a bullet? If the counter guy at Burger King shorts you on change and then refuses to own up, do you shoot him? How about the driver who cuts you off in traffic? You are sane, but what about him?

Here's the thing Gabby, most of us 'law abiding' folks that are under financial stress, the last thing we're thinking of 'buying' is a gun.

Mental folks going 'off' has happened for centuries, no doubt about that. However, their carnage pales in comparison to those who would never register their guns. Note that this mass murderer followed 'the law,' regarding guns.

SassyLady
07-22-2012, 06:05 AM
Mass murderers don't always use guns. How about arson?

Anyone remember the Happy Land fire? The arsonist got mad at his girlfriend and set the place on fire and killed 87 people. Are we going to regulate matches and lighters?

Anton Chigurh
07-22-2012, 08:33 AM
As to the shooter being a "coward," that couldn't be further from the truth. The Aurora shooter was a brilliant scholar with a twisted mind. Most mass murderers are. Look at his plan -- go into a dark movie theater, throw out tear gas to get people out of their seats and then pick them off as they try to flee.Couldn't possibly be more cowardly than that. "Brilliance" and planning is no indicator, if anything it's a verifier of cowardice. The dude was and is a coward. His whole plan was to get out of it unscathed.
If someone else takes out a gun, they are more likely to harm a bystander than the shooter. Because the shooter has everything planned and the bystander does not. Nonsense. There are many such cases documented where a shooter is stopped by one of the targets having a gun, with NO bystanders injured by the defender. In MOST ALL of these instances, the attacker FLEES when shot back at.

red state
07-22-2012, 09:00 AM

As to the shooter NOT being a "coward," that couldn't be further from the truth.The Aurora shooter was a brilliant scholar with a twisted mind. Most mass murderers are. Look at his plan -- go into a dark movie theater, throw out tear gas to get people out of their seats and then pick them off as they try to flee. If someone else takes out a gun, they are more likely to harm a bystander than the shooter. Because the shooter has everything planned and the bystander does not.

COAST, you couldn't be more wrong....and on so many levels. Firstly, I now assume that the shooter is definitely a liberal since he, by your own words; "The Aurora shooter was a brilliant scholar with a twisted mind. Most mass murderers are."

Most mass murderers are, indeed, brilliant and dangerously liberal in their way of thinking and the horrors of their actions...EX: (mao, stalin, hitler, Columnbine twerps, jeffrey dahmer, etc).

Secondly, meet the "enemy"....really, those gun owners are the enemy huh? Well, that is no surprise since liberals usually see AMERICA as the enemy and would side with AMERICA'S ENEMY in a heartbeat (because liberals are the enemy from within that our founding fathers warned us about). It is also the liberal minded that goes off to train under is-SLUM-ists.

Thirdly, your analysis of a guy shooting someone at Burger King for being short changed or cut off in traffic on the hwy is a typical liberal response that has NO common sense because it is the guy without a 'permit' or legal standing in having a gun that I worry about (IF) I do not have my gun to refute his "DEBATE". Liberals all too often strive to silence difference of opinion through "fairness doctrines" or make us all lil' defenseless lemmings (just as lil' libbie losers usually are) when it is those who care nothing for laws that will have a gun (AND USE IT). Your wild west analogy hold no water because there are too many stories out there to refute what you believe "would have happened" if one, two or 20 had been armed in that theater the other night.

In closing, ask yourself this (everyone answer if you will)...Would you rather have a guy pointing a gun, with intent to use is on you or your loved one WITH or WITHOUT a gun toting, God fearing PATRIOT next in line with a gun? You only have 5 seconds....the cops, at the fastest time, will be there in ONE SOLID minute that found you dead (like a few at the theater the other night) DEAD before the cops arrived. I just wasted my time (AGAIN) cuz I doubt VERY seriously that you or anyone you hang (occupy your time with) has gone to a meeting where REAL patriots attend. So, there's two topics that I'd like to hear from others about: (1) Would you rather wait on the cops? and, (2) Do you believe CESS COAST ever attended such a meeting...other than within the confines of his/her/its distorted reality?

Roo
07-22-2012, 09:07 AM
Gun owners are just norma lpeople, and while I applaud your effort to try and understand....I do take issue with the "getting to know your enemy" statement....really?

Dilloduck
07-22-2012, 09:21 AM

Alas. Another learning opportunity wasted on someone who really doesn't want to know the truth. You have no idea what would would have happened if there had been a bystander there with a permit to carry yet you want us to believe that more innocent people would have been killed because this theoretical person had not planned properly. Responsible gun owners plan and practice with their firearm for situations where they might be forced to use it to protect themselves or others close to them. Write off your trip to visit "gun people" as a huge fail.

Anton Chigurh
07-22-2012, 09:27 AM
And I'll add to what I said above: The shooters tactical position was good ONLY if the entire crowd is unarmed. If someone there had been armed and chose to shoot, the shooter made a perfect target of himself, standing there by the screen, below any armed defender. This is also I imagine, why he stayed pretty much near the door he came in. He had his escape planned for if he had to flee return fire.

Gaffer
07-22-2012, 10:03 AM
And I'll add to what I said above: The shooters tactical position was good ONLY if the entire crowd is unarmed. If someone there had been armed and chose to shoot, the shooter made a perfect target of himself, standing there by the screen, below any armed defender. This is also I imagine, why he stayed pretty much near the door he came in. He had his escape planned for if he had to flee return fire.

He went to the expense and trouble to wear body armor. He had no intention of getting hurt in any way. He gave up without a struggle as well. This is a coward of the highest degree.

red state
07-22-2012, 10:14 AM
He went to the expense and trouble to wear body armor. He had no intention of getting hurt in any way. He gave up without a struggle as well. This is a coward of the highest degree.

Yep, the guy was obviously a lil' libbie loser lemming cuz of his brilliance (according to CESS COAST's bright assumption that THEY are brilliant and WE the PEOPLE, who make up the majority are ignorant, gun toting, God fearing PATRIOTS (aka terrorists).

I've said it twice BUT I'll say it once more cuz three times is usually a charm. The guy getting pelted with empty shell casings was close enough to practically touch the guy. He could have shot BUT it would have been MUCH better for him (or someone else in his position) to have tackled the guy...with or without a gun. Sad truth is....most lil' libbie loser lemmings would have sought to prosecute the guy for defending himself. FACT! Google all the episodes where a TRUE PATRIOT was within his/her God given rights to self preservation and the lil' libbie loser lemming system sought to prosecute in the name of heir agenda to first disarm and then take over as so many other dictatorships/communists have done.

My question a bit earlier still applies...Anyone care to respond.

Anton Chigurh
07-22-2012, 11:29 AM
He went to the expense and trouble to wear body armor. He had no intention of getting hurt in any way. He gave up without a struggle as well. This is a coward of the highest degree.Yep, he for sure didn't want to shoot it out with anybody.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-22-2012, 11:37 AM

The bolded STATEMENT IN THE QUOTE ABOVE THAT YOU MADE IS INSANITY IMHO!
How is it that a man plans and shoots that many unarmed defenseless innocent people not the act of a damn ffing graven coward? For as sure as water is wet it is just that, the act of cowardice!
Then you praise him in your zeal to what?-- to praise him!!?:laugh:
According to that praise you must get your jollies off when the Islamic terrorist does his/her heroic act!
Its quite apparent to me that you have a few screws loose IMO.-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Gun owners are just norma lpeople, and while I applaud your effort to try and understand....I do take issue with the "getting to know your enemy" statement....really?

That getting to know your enemy statement speaks volumes about its author!
Then consider Gabby's few recent posts that pointed toward a better understanding of guns and patriots, conservatives , true American's support of our 2nd Amendment rights against that statement!
Pretty much shows a level of deceit that has been attempted IMHO.
The same kind of deceit that liberal/leftists almost always engage in.-Tyr

DragonStryk72
07-22-2012, 07:39 PM

Actually, the courts CAN block your ability to own or obtain firearms due to mental infirmity, and gun stores can even deny sale if they believe the person to be unstable. Unfortunately, they don't get a lot of time to make that determination, and of course, many like the shooter in Colorado don't "seem" crazy, and thus, there are holes. The bigger problem is that psych profiling every single person that goes to buy a weapon is simply unfeasible. There simply aren't enough psychologists to go around, and even if there were, they can still be gotten around, just like people get around the psych profiling for military and police.

DragonStryk72
07-22-2012, 07:48 PM

Smart is different than brave, however. He may well have been smart, but even a genius can be a coward and a bully. Let's look at what you said though: Why a dark movie theater? Well, no one in the theater would likely be armed, and even if they were, they can't really unless you have your back to the movie screen, like say coming in from the front exit. It wouldn't become the Wild West, because even the Wild West isn't what you keep referring to it as.

What he is saying is that, if he knew that people would be armed to any great number, he would not have chosen that location. Look at every mass murderer: They always pick locations where they know their victims are unarmed. You never hear about a mass murderer going on a spree in a police precinct or at a Naval Weapons Station. Why? Because you can get shot doing that. You're right, he was smart, he picked a place and time where there was no expectation that people could fire at him.

It isn't even necessarily about firing back. Just the presence of an armed group that could potentially stand against him would have been enough to derail the attempt, without a shot being fired. "if you want peace, prepare for war." That doesn't mean gun people down, it just means that people are far less likely to try and take advantage of a well-armed target.

gabosaurus
07-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Look at every mass murderer: They always pick locations where they know their victims are unarmed. You never hear about a mass murderer going on a spree in a police precinct or at a Naval Weapons Station. Why? Because you can get shot doing that. You're right, he was smart, he picked a place and time where there was no expectation that people could fire at him.

What did you expect? These guys aren't dumb. They aren't looking for a firefight. They want to inflict the most casualties possible. This doesn't make them cowards. A coward wouldn't have the intestinal fortitude to pull off a mass murder. Many depraved psychopaths have a death wish. If you send an army at them, they will take out as many as possible before they get it.

Going back to the topic of gun ownership and use, my sister and I decided that today was as good of a time as possible to go to the gun range for some practice. My sister is a lot more accurate that I am. I believe that any person attempting to break into her home will leave in a body bag.

Dilloduck
07-22-2012, 09:09 PM
What did you expect? These guys aren't dumb. They aren't looking for a firefight. They want to inflict the most casualties possible. This doesn't make them cowards. A coward wouldn't have the intestinal fortitude to pull off a mass murder. Many depraved psychopaths have a death wish. If you send an army at them, they will take out as many as possible before they get it.

Going back to the topic of gun ownership and use, my sister and I decided that today was as good of a time as possible to go to the gun range for some practice. My sister is a lot more accurate that I am. I believe that any person attempting to break into her home will leave in a body bag.

:laugh2: Psychopathology doesn't equal bravery. I don't even believe that YOU think that. Keep practicing---shooting I mean.

gabosaurus
07-22-2012, 09:22 PM
You don't have to be brave when you craft the advantage for yourself. It's a common criminal motif.

Dilloduck
07-22-2012, 09:24 PM
You don't have to be brave when you craft the advantage for yourself. It's a common criminal motif.

People have been trying to tell you that he wasn't brave--he's crazy. Listen to people once in awhile.

Gator Monroe
07-22-2012, 09:26 PM
I'm partial to Wood Furniture on my Rifles , but AR Pattern Rifles are still fun to Build ,own & shoot & collect.

Anton Chigurh
07-22-2012, 09:47 PM
A coward wouldn't have the intestinal fortitude to pull off a mass murder.It doesn't require intestinal fortitude to do that. At all.

DragonStryk72
07-23-2012, 12:22 AM

Um, it doesn't take courage to gun down people you know are unarmed, gabs. Quit trying to make him sound brave. he wasn't. he didn't open fire on the cops afterward. This guy was a coward. Plenty of cowards have killed people with no real ability to fight back. That's what cowardice is, gabs. Even in Columbine, where they were killed in the firefight, they still chose the school, where they knew there was little to no resistance, and gunned down people who had no chance to fight back. That's cowardice, again. It doesn't take bravery to kill people.

fj1200
07-24-2012, 11:20 AM
Would it become the Wild West of the 1800s. where the slightest perceived transgression was answered with a bullet?

Link?

red state
07-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Link?

Again, ignorance is released when CESS COAST opens her big, fat mouth. My take on the Wild Wild West is that we still have the Wild Wild West and a Wild Wild East, North, South and anywhere else that liberalism has taken over. Chicago and D.C. has some of the most un-Constitutional regulations in banning our 2nd Amendment YET they have some of the worse gun crimes from un-registered guns in the nation! Why is that? Because the thugs know that WE THE PEOPLE have been disarmed and/or that they, as criminals, could care less about ANY gun regulation. They'll get them from stealing legal guns from legal Patriot's homes, black market from overseas or E-reek with-HOLDER or Bad Odor Berry's Mexican gang....at a real cheap price.

So, my question from CESS COAST (aka gabasoarass) is how are these liberal cess pool cities any different (if not all out WORSE) than the WWW?

I don't appreciate your assumption/twisted perception of my friends as violent or racist and this is exactly why you are not respected and I do not intend to address you with any respect until you have earned it. I have never called you violent or racist....only that you and those like you are my enemy because you would take my guns (IF YOU COULD). This is not Europe (yet) and as long as there are REAL AMERICANS, it never will. We stopped you in Nov. 2011 and we'll stop you COLD this coming Nov. Count on it! B.O. and those like him have proven themselves as enemies of the State and have dug their own graves....WE THE PEOPLE simply having covered the stench up (YET).

So, I'll ask you one more time (if you have ANY honor) how are these liberal cess pool cities any different (if not all out WORSE) than the WWW?

Anton Chigurh
07-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Again, ignorance is released when...Dude.... Please take this in the nice and polite way it is offered. Please stop formatting your text. It is irritating and hard to read for your customers out here.

Are you posting for you, or for us?

Think about it.

jimnyc
07-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Dude.... Please take this in the nice and polite way it is offered. Please stop formatting your text. It is irritating and hard to read for your customers out here.

Are you posting for you, or for us?

Think about it.

I like our new member RS, but admittedly, there are many times I just bypass a post because it's hard on the eyes. But I know he's got decent things to say, as I have read some. I also think it would be in the best interest of communicating with others to lose the formatting. Not an insult of course, and also not mandatory, just some friendly advice!

gabosaurus
07-24-2012, 12:13 PM
I like our new member RS, but admittedly, there are many times I just bypass a post because it's hard on the eyes. But I know he's got decent things to say, as I have read some. I also think it would be in the best interest of communicating with others to lose the formatting. Not an insult of course, and also not mandatory, just some friendly advice!

/psychologist on
Posters who use colored font are like kids who color their hair. They are looking for attention. People who beg for attention like this often those who have trouble fitting into society. They find others of their own ilk and associate with them. They often travel in packs. Sometimes this desire for attention manifests itself in an extreme form. When the cries for attention and praise are not met sufficiently, something begins to slip in their minds. Their behavior can degrade to the point where they obtain weapons and buy tickets for the midnight showing of popular movies.
/psychologist off

red state
07-24-2012, 12:16 PM
I was mistaken and apologize for the above INACCURATE comment.

My comparing the Wild, Wild West to the thuggery of liberal cities was WAY off and I never meant to insult the WWW by comparing the two as equal. Make no mistake about it...most ALL large cities ANYWHERE that offer mo benefits and attracts those who would accept such benefits are LIBERAL. That fact is one of the major contributing factors for record amounts of CRIME and violent crime. New Orleans, Chicago, D.C. etc., etc. are very liberal and extremely dangerous because of liberal agendas/policies (one way or another). Having said this, the gun violence of today's thugs, who shoot up homes knowing full well that infants and elderly are present is in NO WAY similar to the back shooting, card game shootings and one on one call outs! No, even the cowardly back shooter had (probably had) more scruples than the ignorant thugs who probably voted for Obama by a 99.999% margin....that is, if they even vote at all because they are going to do whatever they want regardless of who is president or who is the mayor. And they know that liberals make their job easier and with less severe punishment. In fact, the thugs know that the liberals would come closer to prosecuting or suing cops for treating those poor, underprivileged thugs....as THUGS!!!

No, there's no comparison and CESS COAST is obviously ignorant, delusional or both.

tailfins
07-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Dillo, you are quite correct. If you dislike or fear a group of people, sometimes all you need to do is find out more about them.

Funny, the the more I find out about corporate executives, the more they make me sick. I find it odd that the most ardent boot lickers and butt kissers are hard core Democrats. I on the other hand, speak up for the Miltons of the world http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_Space and let the chips fall where they may.

jimnyc
07-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Funny, the the more I find out about corporate executives, the more they make me sick. I find it odd that the most ardent boot lickers and butt kissers are hard core Democrats. I on the other hand, speak up for the Miltons of the world http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_Space and let the chips fall where they may.

Milton rules!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pHHZBmF8mk4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

red state
07-24-2012, 12:30 PM
/psychologist on
Posters who use colored font are like kids who color their hair. They are looking for attention. People who beg for attention like this often those who have trouble fitting into society. They find others of their own ilk and associate with them. They often travel in packs. Sometimes this desire for attention manifests itself in an extreme form. When the cries for attention and praise are not met sufficiently, something begins to slip in their minds. Their behavior can degrade to the point where they obtain weapons and buy tickets for the midnight showing of popular movies.
/psychologist off

No, just a bad habit from the other site where blue was used by some and RED by others. I happen to make a statement in using read that is probably apparent within the avatar that AMERICA, thanks to B.O. and trolls like the one above, are turning back to our American roots. We've tried socialism/communism/marxism or whatever else you want to call liberalism/Ant-FREEDOM long enough! It hasn't worked and had done more to destroy this Nation than Pearl Harbor. Like the lil' libbie loser lemming who thought he was the Joker and deserved a job just because he was liberal and had a degree, took happiness away from others who knew what happiness was. Cess Coast is not different...alone (even within her own threads because she opens her big mouth only to have someone shut her up again). This is because, like most lil' libbie loser lemmings, they have no facts and flee from TRUTH!!!

Putting all that aside, Cess Coast, explain your comment about the www and a well armed/informed public and refute what I explained. If necessary, I'll re-post that in black...IF you'll be so honorable as to prove your own distorted views as accurate or remotely truthful.

gabosaurus
07-24-2012, 04:28 PM
It is obvious to me that some members of this forum have little grasp on the history of this country. They must have been asleep in class when the subject of America in the 1800's came up.
Perhaps they need to go back to school and pay attention this time. They missed all the stories of Tombstone, Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday, the OK Corral, and various other elements that went into the REAL Wild Wild West. Back before California was even a state. Or even a territory.
Not that this surprises me. There are some who never made it past 10th Grade. And live totally in the present, forgetting what this country was like in the early 1900s.
Others want to regress to the 1950s. When every family was Ozzy and Harriett. The black folks knew their place at that time, at the back of the bus. The Mexicans were your housekeeper. The Irish were drunken fools. And the woeful Brits kept losing their empire after bungling their way through two wars.
Obviously these people learned nothing from World War II. When Hitler classified an entire class of people as inferior and a threat to the safety of the world. Hitler and his henchmen kept bombarding his people with so much one-sided information that they actually began believing it. Which led to a huge war and a policy of genocide.
If you disagree, tell me how your hatred is different.

Kathianne
07-24-2012, 04:45 PM
No, just a bad habit from the other site where blue was used by some and RED by others. I happen to make a statement in using read that is probably apparent within the avatar that AMERICA, thanks to B.O. and trolls like the one above, are turning back to our American roots. We've tried socialism/communism/marxism or whatever else you want to call liberalism/Ant-FREEDOM long enough! It hasn't worked and had done more to destroy this Nation than Pearl Harbor. Like the lil' libbie loser lemming who thought he was the Joker and deserved a job just because he was liberal and had a degree, took happiness away from others who knew what happiness was. Cess Coast is not different...alone (even within her own threads because she opens her big mouth only to have someone shut her up again). This is because, like most lil' libbie loser lemmings, they have no facts and flee from TRUTH!!!

Putting all that aside, Cess Coast, explain your comment about the www and a well armed/informed public and refute what I explained. If necessary, I'll re-post that in black...IF you'll be so honorable as to prove your own distorted views as accurate or remotely truthful.

Thank you for posting in BLACK, it's much easier to read. I think you have ideas worth reading, but the red was getting in my way.

aboutime
07-24-2012, 05:10 PM
It is obvious to me that some members of this forum have little grasp on the history of this country. They must have been asleep in class when the subject of America in the 1800's came up.
Perhaps they need to go back to school and pay attention this time. They missed all the stories of Tombstone, Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday, the OK Corral, and various other elements that went into the REAL Wild Wild West. Back before California was even a state. Or even a territory.
Not that this surprises me. There are some who never made it past 10th Grade. And live totally in the present, forgetting what this country was like in the early 1900s.
Others want to regress to the 1950s. When every family was Ozzy and Harriett. The black folks knew their place at that time, at the back of the bus. The Mexicans were your housekeeper. The Irish were drunken fools. And the woeful Brits kept losing their empire after bungling their way through two wars.
Obviously these people learned nothing from World War II. When Hitler classified an entire class of people as inferior and a threat to the safety of the world. Hitler and his henchmen kept bombarding his people with so much one-sided information that they actually began believing it. Which led to a huge war and a policy of genocide.
If you disagree, tell me how your hatred is different.

Throwing stones, as you always do. Just makes you look all the more idiotic when you come here with your GAY color codes...to chastise others in order to disguise your hatred for anyone who doesn't meet your standards of Ignorance.

By the way. Since you brought it up. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HAIR TODAY....Red as well?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-24-2012, 06:19 PM
/psychologist on
/psychologist off

I find your implied knowledge to be awesome, for example you have spoke an anti-gun rhetoric but now reveal that you knew almost zero about guns and their use etc. Now suddenly you play a psychologist so you can degrade members here that oppose your leftist ignorance!
In short , you have no integrity and are about as full of shat as a Christmas turkey!
In one thread you praised the damn shooter and later in another you damned him..
I am starting to think it's you that is batshit crazy as loon and filled with hate!
Redstate has more honor in his pinky finger than you do in your entire miserable body..-Tyr

Anton Chigurh
07-24-2012, 06:22 PM
classified an entire class of people as inferior and a threat to the safety of the worldWhich, ironically - is exactly what you do.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-24-2012, 06:36 PM
I was mistaken and apologize for the above INACCURATE comment.

My comparing the Wild, Wild West to the thuggery of liberal cities was WAY off and I never meant to insult the WWW by comparing the two as equal. Make no mistake about it...most ALL large cities ANYWHERE that offer mo benefits and attracts those who would accept such benefits are LIBERAL. That fact is one of the major contributing factors for record amounts of CRIME and violent crime. New Orleans, Chicago, D.C. etc., etc. are very liberal and extremely dangerous because of liberal agendas/policies (one way or another). Having said this, the gun violence of today's thugs, who shoot up homes knowing full well that infants and elderly are present is in NO WAY similar to the back shooting, card game shootings and one on one call outs! No, even the cowardly back shooter had (probably had) more scruples than the ignorant thugs who probably voted for Obama by a 99.999% margin....that is, if they even vote at all because they are going to do whatever they want regardless of who is president or who is the mayor. And they know that liberals make their job easier and with less severe punishment. In fact, the thugs know that the liberals would come closer to prosecuting or suing cops for treating those poor, underprivileged thugs....as THUGS!!!

No, there's no comparison and CESS COAST is obviously ignorant, delusional or both.

Gabby is a true and true liberal, she talks as if having vast knowledge on a subject and later we find out she knew next to nothing about it, repeat and repeat that . Typical liberal verbage, if you cant dazzle them with brilliance then blind them with bullshit! They can not do the dazzling so they become masters at attempting the blinding.
Liberals rarely ever agree with tougher punishment dished out to gangbanggers, drug dealers, rapist ,child molestors, murderers and other assorted rift raft but will degrade a patriot for having that belief in God and Country.
Never seeing their own hypocrisy and thinking themselves so brilliant that the Sun pales in comparison!
Think I dont have her pegged right????
Look at her tagline, "smarter than you are". Yet she called my humorous gif to be a hatefilled aggressive offering akin to one she had seen on a muslim hate site! Which is silly as hell and revealed that she reads those sites as she declared that she did! Who reads those sites I ask except like minded hatefilled jackasses?
I rest my case....-Tyr

red state
07-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Who among us does NOT understand the difference between CONTROLLED gun fire and GUN CONTROL? Bob Munden sure does. Check this 200 yd shot with a snub nose!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tied-t1fFsk

Awesome and is the essence of what I was talking about earlier when comparing thug-side ways shooting or machine gun spray at a house with children as opposed to a one on one of the West....I even tried to explain the difference in the out of control gun 'play' that finds MANY elderly, children and infants DEAD after a drive by as opposed to a shot to the back. It was a cowardly shot to the back BUT it hurt only the intended target. I don't think it takes a genius to read and comprehend what is being read....unless you're a moron. Even a hick in the backwoods of the lowly, lowly SOUTH who has a good education, nice home with tons of wild game and Florida Bass within a 120 acre spot (ALL PAID FOR) and a career that has folks from all over the world requesting his advice, skills and talents. Yes, I am but a mere little man, living in a humble little home with a little church just down the road that sits in the middle of a cotton field. I'm proud of that little church...we GIVE to those in need and support our missionaries world wide....took up over $90,000.oo the last time we took up a Sunday Morning offering but our average is quite generous EVERY Sunday! WE also help with the poverty stricken areas of Memphis (ALL BLACK NEIGHBORHOODS) with NO gain to ourselves or our church and what we do there as well as most places is WELL worth the hours of driving to help those in need. WE THE PEOPLE give...and as my avatar states, lil' libbie loser lemmings are also generous...with insults, lies and violence. BUT, lil' libbie losers lemmings are most generous in spending WE THE PEOPLE'S money.

Correction! Whether Bob was once the 'fastest' is up for debate because this guy is THE FASTEST!!! and he's even faster now! He's the Sisco Kid. Now if you want to know who is the slowest....well, we all know that it'd be VERY hard to take Cess Coast's record for that. Even an uneducated, poor spelling, lousy grammar hick like me wouldn't dare try and take that title away from Sister Cess.

red state
07-24-2012, 07:02 PM
I would hate to lose someone like Cisco but I'd sure love to have him a few rows ahead of me had I been in the theater that awful night that this liberal madman stormed in and made himself a god...much as the German Gov. did when they disarmed the German society.

Who knows history....I'll let CESS COAST answer that one. I did get it a bit wrong as gun control was put into 'PARTIAL' ban just before Hitler BUT the real deal came later:

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty. So let's not have any native militia or native police. German troops alone will bear the sole responsibility for the maintenance of law and order throughout the occupied Russian territories, and a system of military strong-points must be evolved to cover the entire occupied country." --Adolf Hitler

Does any of this seem to follow a set agenda or any of the regulatory efforts over the years from the anti-American left? I'll let CESS answer that one as well. It appears that we set up 'partial' bans BEFORE our Hitler as well. Right?....RIGHT!!!!

Cess, it may do you well to go back and correct your self as I ALWAYS do. It isn't an honor thing to do....it is the RIGHT thing to do. TRUTH will either hurt you or liberate you.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Who among us does NOT understand the difference between CONTROLLED gun fire and GUN CONTROL? Bob Munden sure does. Check this 200 yd shot with a snub nose!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tied-t1fFsk

Awesome and is the essence of what I was talking about earlier when comparing thug-side ways shooting or machine gun spray at a house with children as opposed to a one on one of the West....I even tried to explain the difference in the out of control gun 'play' that finds MANY elderly, children and infants DEAD after a drive by as opposed to a shot to the back. It was a cowardly shot to the back BUT it hurt only the intended target. I don't think it takes a genius to read and comprehend what is being read....unless you're a moron. Even a hick in the backwoods of the lowly, lowly SOUTH who has a good education, nice home with tons of wild game and Florida Bass within a 120 acre spot (ALL PAID FOR) and a career that has folks from all over the world requesting his advice, skills and talents. Yes, I am but a mere little man, living in a humble little home with a little church just down the road that sits in the middle of a cotton field. I'm proud of that little church...we GIVE to those in need and support our missionaries world wide....took up over $90,000.oo the last time we took up a Sunday Morning offering but our average is quite generous EVERY Sunday! WE also help with the poverty stricken areas of Memphis (ALL BLACK NEIGHBORHOODS) with NO gain to ourselves or our church and what we do there as well as most places is WELL worth the hours of driving to help those in need. WE THE PEOPLE give...and as my avatar states, lil' libbie loser lemmings are also generous...with insults, lies and violence. BUT, lil' libbie losers lemmings are most generous in spending WE THE PEOPLE'S money.

Correction! Whether Bob was once the 'fastest' is up for debate because this guy is THE FASTEST!!! and he's even faster now! He's the Sisco Kid. Now if you want to know who is the slowest....well, we all know that it'd be VERY hard to take Cess Coast's record for that. Even an uneducated, poor spelling, lousy grammar hick like me wouldn't dare try and take that title away from Sister Cess.

Man that was a helluva shot!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you imagine to point of aim above the target he had to find to allow for bullet drop at that range from a 45 cal snubnose?--Tyr

gabosaurus
07-24-2012, 09:00 PM
Throwing stones, as you always do. Just makes you look all the more idiotic when you come here with your GAY color codes...to chastise others in order to disguise your hatred for anyone who doesn't meet your standards of Ignorance.

Sorry dude. I didn't realize that posting in colored fonts indicated that you are gay. Perhaps it's a code that gays use to communicate with other gays. Since I am not gay (or even male), I will avoid colored fonts in the future.

By the way. Since you brought it up. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HAIR TODAY....Red as well?

My hair was blonde until medication I was taking started to turn it white. Then I had it colored to make me a brunette.

jimnyc
07-24-2012, 09:01 PM
My hair was blonde until medication I was taking started to turn it white. Then I had it colored to make me a brunette.

Please provide me with one of each, blonde, whitish and then brunette. I need them for comparison reasons. Your cooperation on this matter is noted.

gabosaurus
07-24-2012, 09:03 PM
Please provide me with one of each, blonde, whitish and then brunette. I need them for comparison reasons. Your cooperation on this matter is noted.

Don't worry. If there was any carpet, I would make sure it matched the drapes. :poke:

jimnyc
07-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Don't worry. If there was any carpet, I would make sure it matched the drapes. :poke:

Wow, I was just shooting for yearbook style photos, curious to see more pictures of you. But adding that extra information to my lewd fantasies is a bonus I suppose! :lol:

Mr. P
07-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Carpets cover BUTT ugly. Just sayin

fj1200
07-24-2012, 10:38 PM

Uh huh. :rolleyes:

The frontier West was not the violent "Wild West" depicted by the press and history teachers who don’t know history.
http://www.unpopulartruth.com/2009/04/myths-of-old-west.html

SassyLady
07-25-2012, 01:56 AM

I feel stupid ... what is formatting? If it means posting in brown all the time, then I have to agree .... I pass over his posts because the brown text is hard on my eyes.

jimnyc
07-25-2012, 07:00 AM
I feel stupid ... what is formatting? If it means posting in brown all the time, then I have to agree .... I pass over his posts because the brown text is hard on my eyes.

Formatting is when you highlight any of the text in the post and use the editor to make changes; color, size, font, bold, italics...