PDA

View Full Version : I am unsure if there's a cuter athelete on the planet

darin
07-23-2012, 05:32 AM
She's stolen my heart. LOVELY girl. Australian Hurdles - Michelle Jenneke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltcCGd9zid8

jimnyc
07-23-2012, 08:08 AM
That video has been making it's rounds, I think I watched it myself about 60x this weekend! :coffee:

jimnyc
07-23-2012, 08:17 AM
61x :cheers2:

darin
07-23-2012, 08:48 AM
I'm about 154.

CSM
07-23-2012, 08:49 AM
Hmmm ....

jimnyc
07-23-2012, 09:02 AM
62x, but I only watched for like 1 minute and stopped. I'll be sure to tune in to her runs in the Olympics!! :coffee:

Roo
07-23-2012, 09:05 AM
I want one.

red state
07-23-2012, 10:03 AM
That's one of the events that I ran back in the day....she has great form (no pun intended) but I don't find her cute. I believe she has a fantastic future in just about anything and everything but her actions are a turn off (over done and far too obvious). She is good tho and that's all that matters with GOLD is in the balance.

Thanks for the thread....never have I seen such a display among track stars (who are usually solemn and in deep concentration). You have to be.

darin
07-23-2012, 10:21 AM
That's one of the events that I ran back in the day....she has great form (no pun intended) but I don't find her cute. I believe she has a fantastic future in just about anything and everything but her actions are a turn off (over done and far too obvious). She is good tho and that's all that matters with GOLD is in the balance.

I don't understand how an athlete's chosen warm-up, pre-race prep are or can be a turn off to anyone. She has her style - that's her style. Just happens to be cute :)

Thanks for the thread....never have I seen such a display among track stars (who are usually solemn and in deep concentration). You have to be.

Who as to be? me? Her? She has to be whatever she is to compete to the best of her ability. She's having fun - I can tell by her smile.

Abbey Marie
07-23-2012, 12:01 PM

Perhaps it's the drugs...

ETA: I wonder if all this dancing makes it harder for the athletes next to her to concentrate on their warmup.

red state
07-23-2012, 12:16 PM
I don't understand how an athlete's chosen warm-up, pre-race prep are or can be a turn off to anyone. She has her style - that's her style. Just happens to be cute :)

Who as to be? me? Her? She has to be whatever she is to compete to the best of her ability. She's having fun - I can tell by her smile.

Yes, she is having fun and you obviously enjoy her having fun. HA! I am delighted that she is successful and having fun BUT her actions [personally] seem a bit over board and I've [personally] never been turned on or interested in women who [seemingly] display themselves as an object to admire. She [seems - to me] to be saying; "LOOK AT ME." I'm cute! That [to me...and many others...especially those who have been athletes] is a turn off!

But since we're seemingly going to the mat on this (even after I seriously and legitimately said THANKS for the thread) what would be an inappropriate warm up that you'd have to say: WOE! That's going over board!" Would she have to conduct her warm up as some stripper? Would she have to go as far as doing the Air Nasty thing right down to licking her fingers and putting the flames out (around her nippled areas and caboose)? I'd certainly agree with you if so. She was within her rights but if this type conduct continues or worsens, the Olympics or sports in general will lose what honor many athletes have given the sports world.

I reread my original comment to make sure that had not been insulting and saw nothing that was out of line (other than simply providing an opinion/perspective). I even looked at the title again to make sure that it didn't read: "Honk, if you think she's cute...don't if you don't." My comment was not to discredit her talents but to suggest that she "SEEMS" to be taken it a bit far. But to one of your comments, I'm sure that their are restraints in certain areas that Athletic Authorities do face and must enforce. Unlike liberals at an occupy movement, they realize that order and respect to the game must be met. This lovely and talented Aussie is obviously within such guidelines but that doesn't make it appealing to everyone. As an athlete, I understand how individualism and confidence is important but I also know the importance of restraint and modesty.

In closing, before I turn your thread over to your exclusive discretion, I think she's beautiful, I KNOW she's talented but I also feel that she is full of herself and, sadly, weaker men are partly to blame for her possible self admiration. Her conduct (however cute or 'seemingly' distasteful such conduct may or may not be) is obviously within the appropriate conduct set by whatever board. I'll try to stay away from your posts from now on. The only way it interested me anyway was because it regarded something that I was once VERY good at.

Yeah, she's cute....and she knows it. Sorry that I put in my opinion. I truly didn't think it was all that raw of a comment and I certainly didn't expect that you'd take it so personally. It seems that she truly has stolen your heart. That's terribly sweet...

red state
07-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Perhaps....but I doubt it.

Well, if the poor thing was simply nervous and was unaware of how nervous she was, I apologize. She just seemed...well, you know. I'm just glad that she's so talented and I wish my friends and clients in the land down under much GOLD from this extremely talented athlete. And yes, she could certainly be the next GoDaddy girl now that the CAR racer is done. One racer is as good as the other I suppose.

darin
07-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Yes, she is having fun and you obviously enjoy her having fun. HA! I am delighted that she is successful and having fun BUT her actions [personally] seem a bit over board and I've [personally] never been turned on or interested in women who [seemingly] display themselves as an object to admire. She [seems - to me] to be saying; "LOOK AT ME." I'm cute! That [to me...and many others...especially those who have been athletes] is a turn off!

But since we're seemingly going to the mat on this (even after I seriously and legitimately said THANKS for the thread) what would be an inappropriate warm up that you'd have to say: WOE! That's going over board!" Would she have to conduct her warm up as some stripper? Would she have to go as far as doing the Air Nasty thing right down to licking her fingers and putting the flames out (around her nippled areas and caboose)? I'd certainly agree with you if so. She was within her rights but if this type conduct continues or worsens, the Olympics or sports in general will lose what honor many athletes have given the sports world.

I reread my original comment to make sure that had not been insulting and saw nothing that was out of line (other than simply providing an opinion/perspective). I even looked at the title again to make sure that it didn't read: "Honk, if you think she's cute...don't if you don't." My comment was not to discredit her talents but to suggest that she "SEEMS" to be taken it a bit far. But to one of your comments, I'm sure that their are restraints in certain areas that Athletic Authorities do face and must enforce. Unlike liberals at an occupy movement, they realize that order and respect to the game must be met. This lovely and talented Aussie is obviously within such guidelines but that doesn't make it appealing to everyone. As an athlete, I understand how individualism and confidence is important but I also know the importance of restraint and modesty.

In closing, before I turn your thread over to your exclusive discretion, I think she's beautiful, I KNOW she's talented but I also feel that she is full of herself and, sadly, weaker men are partly to blame for her possible self admiration. Her conduct (however cute or 'seemingly' distasteful such conduct may or may not be) is obviously within the appropriate conduct set by whatever board. I'll try to stay away from your posts from now on. The only way it interested me anyway was because it regarded something that I was once VERY good at.

Yeah, she's cute....and she knows it. Sorry that I put in my opinion. I truly didn't think it was all that raw of a comment and I certainly didn't expect that you'd take it so personally. It seems that she truly has stolen your heart. That's terribly sweet...

Dude...You're really...uh...I wonder if you'd know a good time if it fell out of the sky, landed on your face, and started to wiggle.

red state
07-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Dude...You're really...uh...I wonder if you'd know a good time if it fell out of the sky, landed on your face, and started to wiggle.

:lame2: :lol:

DUD...I have a babe that I've been married to HAPPILY for 22 years and have known for almost 25! I seriously doubt if you've EVER known a good time that NEVER fell out of the sky, landed on your face, and started to wiggle! HA! Keep dreaming about your lil' Aussie going down under....whatever gets you your kicks...

jimnyc
07-23-2012, 01:06 PM
I think she's still a kid, but knows she is a dominant force in her track events, and she goes out to win, and seems to want to have fun doing it. That's how sports should be, like it was when we did it as kids growing up. Play for the love of it and simply for the competition. I'd play professional sports for free if I could!!

As for her in particular... Is she playing it up? Perhaps, but just having some fun dancing. I didn't see anything scandalous or bad about her actions. I'm glad to see them all having fun. And she was a gracious winner as well at the end.

And she likely has a cute Australian accent to go along with the rest of her cuteness. :)

fj1200
07-23-2012, 01:08 PM

How you didn't show a pic of Allyson Felix I'll never know.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRy6GXokVMW1vReQKq55ucmMWONxF6Y g_nq36YkdNmi4BRx43l

:slap:

jimnyc
07-23-2012, 01:09 PM
How you didn't show a pic of Allyson Felix I'll never know.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRy6GXokVMW1vReQKq55ucmMWONxF6Y g_nq36YkdNmi4BRx43l

:slap:

Racist!!! :lol:

darin
07-23-2012, 01:51 PM
:lame2: :lol:

DUD...I have a babe that I've been married to HAPPILY for 22 years and have known for almost 25! I seriously doubt if you've EVER known a good time that NEVER fell out of the sky, landed on your face, and started to wiggle! HA! Keep dreaming about your lil' Aussie going down under....whatever gets you your kicks...

Maybe we change your user name to 'over-reaction-man'? :)

gabosaurus
07-23-2012, 01:57 PM
There are so people who are so serious and uptight that they don't know how to enjoy themselves.
The Australian media is rather bemused by all the attention payed to this young lady. They know her only as a talented up and coming athlete who has set a bevy of club and domestic records. But I too enjoy her enthusiasm. It is far preferable to the other stone faces in the field.

Too bad she didn't make the Olympics. You guys will have to find someone else to drool over. :cool:

red state
07-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Maybe we change your user name to 'over-reaction-man'? :)

DUMP, there was no over reaction at all, just a polite observation of this athlete playing it up and being a ham. I'd even let you go back to dreamin' about your new found sweetie instead of you continually asking me questions. For your sake and so you can devote the rest of YOUR thread to the one who has you so love-struck, I'll politely bail from this tread and leave you two alone. HA!!!

darin
07-23-2012, 04:39 PM
DUMP, there was no over reaction at all, just a polite observation of this athlete playing it up and being a ham. I'd even let you go back to dreamin' about your new found sweetie instead of you continually asking me questions. For your sake and so you can devote the rest of YOUR thread to the one who has you so love-struck, I'll politely bail from this tread and leave you two alone. HA!!!

So maybe you stop reacting like a little bitch?

aboutime
07-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Good grief to all of you.
Is there anything, any topic, any person, any idea, anywhere that somebody can't find to ARGUE about?

Seems as if. There's nowhere anyone can go. Anything anyone can say. Anything anyone can do that doesn't make the STUPIDITY, and ABSOLUTE DUMBNESS spill from the lameness behind whatever reasons some people must always have to COMPLAIN, WHINE, or express their foolishness.

Is there any wonder why Our nation is slowly falling into the CRAPPER?

Whatever happened to Adults, talking like Adults without throwing name calling, and accusations around all the time?
On second thought. Never mind. The only SMART people among us...haven't been Born yet.

Toro
07-23-2012, 05:57 PM
Hurdles are my new favourite sport.

gabosaurus
07-23-2012, 06:27 PM

You guys are sick. I hope I never end up in a movie theater with any of you.

jimnyc
07-23-2012, 07:20 PM
You guys are sick. I hope I never end up in a movie theater with any of you.

I don't see some of the comments made by those you condemn to be any worse than talking smack about another members wife. In fact, I'd say doing the latter would be worse. And then icing on the cake to continually refer to members here as terrorists or comparing to mass murderer lunatics.

gabosaurus
07-23-2012, 07:58 PM
I don't see some of the comments made by those you condemn to be any worse than talking smack about another members wife. In fact, I'd say doing the latter would be worse. And then icing on the cake to continually refer to members here as terrorists or comparing to mass murderer lunatics.

Go back and find the thread/post in question. I am sure you will be taking my comments out of context. As usual. And I refer to refer to some members here as terrorists or compare them to mass murderers and lunatics because that is my opinion of them.

darin
07-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Go back and find the thread/post in question. I am sure you will be taking my comments out of context. As usual. And I refer to refer to some members here as terrorists or compare them to mass murderers and lunatics because that is my opinion of them.

So - what makes my wife impure? Are you misogynistic? That'd be ironic.

Roo
07-23-2012, 08:26 PM
So - what makes my wife impure? Are you misogynistic? That'd be ironic.

My guess is she is over compensating for something.

But hey, I am just some schmuck terrorist in Omaha.

SassyLady
07-23-2012, 08:39 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltcCGd9zid8

She's beautiful, looks in love with someone in the stands, excited and full of nervous energy. If you watch the video without music you will see a standard warmup and an outlet for excess energy.

I think I'm in love, too.

darin
07-23-2012, 08:56 PM
She's beautiful, looks in love with someone in the stands, excited and full of nervous energy. If you watch the video without music you will see a standard warmup and an outlet for excess energy.

I think I'm in love, too.

Now I love you, too! :)

Yup - she's thrilled to be doing what she's about to do. I need that SAME look from my...uh...nevermind.

:D

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-23-2012, 09:15 PM
That video has been making it's rounds, I think I watched it myself about 60x this weekend! :coffee:

HAHA, I watched the video so many times Saturday afternoon that my wife asked if my computer was stuck on that video!!!!!!! You see my second girlfriend after my first divorce looked a helluva lot like that beautiful gal. I being a damn fool got caught cheating on her at the 149 club and she rightly kicked me to the curb. I tried like hell to make amends but the gal had me pegged--young and dumb, and she was right. She never forgave me and about 3 or 4 years later she married a guy just home a few months from the Marines. All I can say is more power to him because he was one damn lucky Marine to have got her!
I told my wife the gal looked like my best friend's first wife and I was just trying to get a better looksie, which was true, about the better looksie part.;) I dont think she bought it but I DID QUICKLY SKIP OVER TO MY CHESS SITE TO PLAY JUST TO BE SAFE! That eye candy was damn hard on a man......:laugh2:
That pretty gal learned to run so fast to outrun all the guys chasing her is my best guess..:laugh:-Tyr

Nell's Room
07-23-2012, 09:46 PM
She is a good athlete, but if she is up against Sally Pearson (another Aussie) then she'll be blown out of the water.

jafar00
07-24-2012, 04:30 AM
I heard a rumour that she is a pretty good hurdler but don't that let you get distracted from all this cute talk. :slap:

taft2012
07-24-2012, 06:11 AM
Dare I say it?

I watched the video so closely I actually glimpsed a hint of camel toe going over one of the hurdles. :hitit:

Yikes! I said it!

jimnyc
07-24-2012, 07:14 AM
Dare I say it?

I watched the video so closely I actually glimpsed a hint of camel toe going over one of the hurdles. :hitit:

Yikes! I said it!

Yep, you did it alright! LOL

On that note...

A tow truck came into the station the other day as I was getting one of my 56 coffees for the day. The company was "Camel Towing". I need not say anymore. :coffee:

And they have a website - http://www.cameltowingny.com/ <---- for those who thought I might have made it up!

Shadow
07-24-2012, 08:04 AM
Yep, you did it alright! LOL

On that note...

A tow truck came into the station the other day as I was getting one of my 56 coffees for the day. The company was "Camel Towing". I need not say anymore. :coffee:

And they have a website - http://www.cameltowingny.com/ <---- for those who thought I might have made it up!

Now see...If I said one word about noticing a man's smile or eyes...let alone dare to make comments of noticing his 'camel toe' online...you hypocrite men would call me a fat,crazy ass soccer mom...and stalk me for 3 years straight. :slap:

jimnyc
07-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Now see...If I said one word about noticing a man's smile or eyes...let alone dare to make comments of noticing his 'camel toe' online...you hypocrite men would call me a fat,crazy ass soccer mom...and stalk me for 3 years straight. :slap:

Not unless I see pictures of the boobies. And even then, I would remain a polite stalker. And I'm no hypocrite, I think women deserve to ogle at men just as much as we do them! :coffee: :poke:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-24-2012, 09:58 AM

I disagree my friend on the --not cute part. That gal is as pretty as a good rain after a 10 year drought! I could find no flaws it her form or her form! Of course she would not be as great as we imagine if her personality doesnt also match her outer beauty!
How can you say that she overdid it? To me she just seemed happy as hell and enjoying the competition! And I enjoyed the video but it was hard on me. No pun intended with that statement. I've since found out that my wife was a bit irritated that I watched the video so many times and that my friend was a mistake on my part. One I shall not make again because I would not appreciate it if she did that to me. Still we men are programmed for visual stimulation from the viewing of the opposite sex. It is natural for a man to stare at a beautiful woman ! I reminded my wife that we've been married over 7 years and I havent stopped staring at her that way and expect that I NEVER WILL STOP. She lightened up because she knows the truth of that statement. Out of the doghouse I came simply by reminding her of the TRUTH.-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Dare I say it?

Yikes! I said it!

I saw none of that my friend. My gaze was purely an intellectual one.;)
And I'm now sure that I need to get new reading glasses, hate to miss out on such fine details.-:laugh2:
We are guys , we are supposed to be a bit gross when its talking about sexy women. And we are also supposed to limit how gross we become because we surely want to dispell that, "all men are dogs" tag women have put on us for so long! uhhh, right? --Tyr

Anton Chigurh
07-24-2012, 10:48 AM
I LOVE Aussie women - their voice and accent just melts me. And I never met one that wasn't as intense and fun loving as this one appears to be. For them, kicking ass is FUN!

red state
07-24-2012, 11:35 AM
I LOVE Aussie women - their voice and accent just melts me. And I never met one that wasn't as intense and fun loving as this one appears to be. For them, kicking ass is FUN!

Agreed...one of my best clients/friend is an Aussie and I enjoyed spending time with her while in the Memphis, TN area. We got much done that week on her latest project and she enjoyed parts of Memphis and the Mid-South. To my amazement, she wore a sweater in during the month of May. It wasn't overbearingly hot but it was Memphis in May...not what I'd call cool.

Just as you have said, their accent is amazing but they like SOUTHERN accents as much as we like theirs. In fact, most folks all over the world have told me how charming the Southern Draw of English is. I'm not talking about the HICK, trailer trash dialect.

Anyway, getting back on topic and to confront the biggest horn DOG on this site...TYR, I never, ever said that she wasn't beautiful. She most definitely IS. What I disagreed with is thinking that her actions were cute. My opinion. I also thanked the poster for the thread. She's beautiful....even sexy but the [actions] were far from cute....or appropriate (IN MY OPINION) if this site allows such opinions.

Aussies are beautiful people and this one is no exception. Perhaps she is nothing like what I see in her display and it may be a case in point that the ole country song suggests (she don't know she's beautiful). I just personally doubt it and it reminds me of one of my favorite films; "COOL HAND LUKE" where they were on the chain gang, worked hot and sweaty by this house where a GORGEOUS blonde was washing her car (the ggggoooodddd way) and one guys said: "she don't know what she's doing.". Cool Hand Luke replied: "Ole boy, she knows EXACTLY what she's doin'. She's a drivin' us KraZy and lovin' every minute of it." SHE WAS NOT INNOCENT and from what she was doing with the soap and sponge, was by FAR from what I'd call cute. Just sayin'.

But, similar to the film's bully, in relations to my polite comment: "Whut we gat heya' is... failia' to communecate." either that or simply an intolerance for opposing opinion. Just don't hit me no mo boss. HA!

Anton Chigurh
07-24-2012, 11:46 AM
Agreed...one of my best clients/friend is an Aussie and I enjoyed spending time with her while in the Memphis, TN area. We got much done that week on her latest project and she enjoyed parts of Memphis and the Mid-South. To my amazement, she wore a sweater in during the month of May. It wasn't overbearingly hot but it was Memphis in May...not what I'd call cool.

Just as you have said, their accent is amazing but they like SOUTHERN accents as much as we like theirs. In fact, most folks all over the world have told me how charming the Southern Draw of English is. I'm not talking about the HICK, trailer trash dialect.
One weekend a friend of mine invited me over to his apartment, for cookout, music and of course, beer drinkin. This Aussie couple was there too visiting.... The chick was plump, to nicely say - but man, was she great. And she could really hold her alkie. Her and I drank the others literally, under the table by 3am, everybody else passed out and she decided to call her sister in Sydney just so she could share in hearing my "great Texas voice."

What a great time, too bad the Aussie lady who was there was married to the big Aussie passed out on the floor... I might have been tempted.

jimnyc
07-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Anyway, getting back on topic and to confront the biggest horn DOG on this site...TYR, I never, ever said that she wasn't beautiful. She most definitely IS. What I disagreed with is thinking that her actions were cute. My opinion. I also thanked the poster for the thread. She's beautiful....even sexy but the [actions] were far from cute....or appropriate (IN MY OPINION) if this site allows such opinions.

Aussies are beautiful people and this one is no exception. Perhaps she is nothing like what I see in her display and it may be a case in point that the ole country song suggests (she don't know she's beautiful). I just personally doubt it and it reminds me of one of my favorite films; "COOL HAND LUKE" where they were on the chain gang, worked hot and sweaty by this house where a GORGEOUS blonde was washing her car (the ggggoooodddd way) and one guys said: "she don't know what she's doing.". Cool Hand Luke replied: "Ole boy, she knows EXACTLY what she's doin'. She's a drivin' us KraZy and lovin' every minute of it." SHE WAS NOT INNOCENT and from what she was doing with the soap and sponge, was by FAR from what I'd call cute. Just sayin'.

But, similar to the film's bully, in relations to my polite comment: "Whut we gat heya' is... failia' to communecate." either that or simply an intolerance for opposing opinion. Just don't hit me no mo boss. HA!

Let's not get dramatic now! This site certainly allows any opinion and is not intolerant of what your view is, but sometimes opinions in turn get opinions from others. You guys disagreeing on what you see in this video is no different than 2 members disagreeing on a political topic. And in both places, we are tolerant of opposing views and allow them.

jimnyc
07-24-2012, 11:49 AM
Miranda Kerr, Australian, but not an athlete...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XmYwA_GdPeo/TJKcvCGlA2I/AAAAAAAAJ9M/7Bz5lkgFwLA/s1600/miranda-kerr-swim-0310-4.jpg

Anton Chigurh
07-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Miranda Kerr, Australian, but not an athlete...

I bet she is....

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-24-2012, 07:37 PM
Let's not get dramatic now! This site certainly allows any opinion and is not intolerant of what your view is, but sometimes opinions in turn get opinions from others. You guys disagreeing on what you see in this video is no different than 2 members disagreeing on a political topic. And in both places, we are tolerant of opposing views and allow them.

Yep, Redstate needs to just admit how hot that gal is and admit Im right!-:clap:
Redneck goober like him should be set right once in a while-:laugh2:
If not , I may be forced to issue a challlenge to him, a drawing challenge !
He can bring his box of crayons and I'll bring my favorite six shooter and we can see who draws the fastest.-:laugh:

All in good fun, Jim. Redstate is my good friend. Even if he is a redneck goober from hickville USA.-;)-Tyr

jimnyc
07-24-2012, 07:50 PM
That's 63x now I think! :lol:

The more I watch her the better I feel. She just exudes happiness and confidence. I'm sure she is hamming it up to an extent, but I think she is also just genuinely excited and happy to be running where she was. She has an energy about her that is electric and addicting. If she was American, and it was an Olympic final, and she was that relaxed, and then won that convincingly, and then was that gracious with her opponents - she would easily become "America's Sweetheart" up till that point at the games.

red state
07-24-2012, 07:57 PM

R U kidding....I was. Tyr and I go WAY back! He isn't thin-skinned and neither am I. I have my opinion and whether one is lacking in certain areas of their life that causes them to act like a blithering idiot over a gal that is [possibly] full of herself is unhealthy to say the least. Of course, this is America and you are perfectly within your rights to go ya ya over a video clip. She is absolutely gorgeous BUT she is also [in my opinion] full of herself.

As for the TEXAS VOICE...I was done the same way three or four years ago when a female client from Australia was talking business but just before we concluded early that morning (her nite), she had me say bye to her roomy! It is a good thing that we weren't on the SKYPE video conference or she would have seen me blush for sure. To your credit, Anton, can you recall anyone complimenting a yank about their dialect....unless they are a Godfather fan or something. HA!!! If you're still in contact with the Aussies, you should get them (her) to do a recorded message for your phone/answering machine. I did because I wasn't overly pleased with the message that SKYPE uses. They do in deed have wonderful charm and they are good people...although geared to the left. Unlike our left leaning lemmings here in the States, they are tolerant. My favorite Aussie even brought me a roo hide for my birthday when she was in Memphis this past May. She takes a firm stance against guns and hunting but felt badly because she didn't have one for my son so, without notice or even a hint and for no reason, we received another roo hide in the mail a few weeks later. The funniest and strangest thing about her 5 day stay was how awestruck she seemed to be about the size of our theaters here in the States and she took several photos of the game room....as if they didn't have anything like that in Australia. My daughter won her a HULK doll in one of those grab games. That seemed to be the highlight of the night.

Good people those Aussies....

red state
07-24-2012, 08:00 PM
Yep, Redstate needs to just admit how hot that gal is and admit Im right!-:clap:
Redneck goober like him should be set right once in a while-:laugh2:
If not , I may be forced to issue a challlenge to him, a drawing challenge !
He can bring his box of crayons and I'll bring my favorite six shooter and we can see who draws the fastest.-:laugh:

All in good fun, Jim. Redstate is my good friend. Even if he is a redneck goober from hickville USA.-;)-Tyr

OK!!! That tears it!!! Bring the best you got and I'll trump it!!! In fact, I'll stomp it!!!! Enough is enough! Any day, any time....I'm yo huckaberry!!!!!

jimnyc
07-24-2012, 08:01 PM
R U kidding....I was. Tyr and I go WAY back! He isn't thin-skinned and neither am I. I have my opinion and whether one is lacking in certain areas of their life that causes them to act like a blithering idiot over a gal that is [possibly] full of herself is unhealthy to say the least. Of course, this is America and you are perfectly within your rights to go ya ya over a video clip. She is absolutely gorgeous BUT she is also [in my opinion] full of herself.

As for the TEXAS VOICE...I was done the same way three or four years ago when a female client from Australia was talking business but just before we concluded early that morning (her nite), she had me say bye to her roomy! It is a good thing that we weren't on the SKYPE video conference or she would have seen me blush for sure. To your credit, Anton, can you recall anyone complimenting a yank about their dialect....unless they are a Godfather fan or something. HA!!! If you're still in contact with the Aussies, you should get them (her) to do a recorded message for your phone/answering machine. I did because I wasn't overly pleased with the message that SKYPE uses. They do in deed have wonderful charm and they are good people...although geared to the left. Unlike our left leaning lemmings here in the States, they are tolerant. My favorite Aussie even brought me a roo hide for my birthday when she was in Memphis this past May. She takes a firm stance against guns and hunting but felt badly because she didn't have one for my son so, without notice or even a hint and for no reason, we received another roo hide in the mail a few weeks later. The funniest and strangest thing about her 5 day stay was how awestruck she seemed to be about the size of our theaters here in the States and she took several photos of the game room....as if they didn't have anything like that in Australia. My daughter won her a HULK doll in one of those grab games. That seemed to be the highlight of the night.

Good people those Aussies....

All's cool! Just wanted to make sure you didn't feel like you couldn't post your opinion! I thought you were serious and felt like you were being told to stop in some manner, which we wouldn't do. All's cool then, Brutha! :cheers2: :beer:

red state
07-24-2012, 08:08 PM
All's cool! Just wanted to make sure you didn't feel like you couldn't post your opinion! I thought you were serious and felt like you were being told to stop in some manner, which we wouldn't do. All's cool then, Brutha! :cheers2: :beer:

U Aint gotta tell me that brother...I just wish my wife at least agreed with me on this one! Is there ANYONE who see's it (even partially) my way? Granny, u out there? Help me out!!!!!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-24-2012, 08:12 PM
That's 63x now I think! :lol:

The more I watch her the better I feel. She just exudes happiness and confidence. I'm sure she is hamming it up to an extent, but I think she is also just genuinely excited and happy to be running where she was. She has an energy about her that is electric and addicting. If she was American, and it was an Olympic final, and she was that relaxed, and then won that convincingly, and then was that gracious with her opponents - she would easily become "America's Sweetheart" up till that point at the games.

Dead on accurate . Aside from the fact she is almost a twin in looks for one of my old girlfriends from about 30+ years back she has that energy and vibe. Being part Indian my older brother and I used to run 4 or 5 miles in summertime just to get to the nearest two swimming holes and then run all the way back. We were kids and didnt even get winded. Hell, do it the next day without ever even feeling it. Wish I was in that shape now but after seeing that video I thought , to catch her I'd outdistance her , that is if I were very young again, not married and she was a willing gal ...
Redstate is right , I used to be a real horndog as a young man. I believe he thinks I still am as Im 58 married to a now about to turn 31 years old wife..--Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-24-2012, 08:19 PM
OK!!! That tears it!!! Bring the best you got and I'll trump it!!! In fact, I'll stomp it!!!! Enough is enough! Any day, any time....I'm yo huckaberry!!!!!

Ya sho' iz somebody's hucklaberry fer sure! :laugh2:

I'll let ya shoot my heavy Tom Cole longbow and I'll shoot your heaviest compound and we'll see who tha' real Huckaberry is amigo..-:laugh:
I'll even shoot lefthanded because you will need all the help ya can get!-;)
So man up and admit , dat I wuz rite! :cool:--TZ

gabosaurus
07-24-2012, 09:09 PM
Providing this image only because I am sure you people admire Miss Jenneke entirely because of her talent.

http://media.meltybuzz.fr/article-965329-ajust_900/athlete-michelle-jenneke-australie-haies.jpg

jimnyc
07-24-2012, 09:18 PM
I mistakenly thought that race put her into the games. I wasn't aware that she failed to make the London Games. After this video I was going to add her event to my calendar to watch. I can't wait to see the mens short track and see if Usain Bolt has enough in him to take the 100 and 200 again.